Cabinet choices.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:54:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Cabinet choices.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Cabinet choices.  (Read 3458 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 01, 2013, 01:36:52 PM »

I'll be honest, when I opened the casting call for these offices, I didn't expect to get the response that I did. A lot of people contacted me (in excess of the people I've listed here, easily!) about a lot of different offices, even ones (like GM) that I didn't expect to have much competition.

But people proved that perception wrong. Within a few hours, half of the positions were taken, and I had a hell of a decision to make on the others. It was a lot easier to get cabinet choices than I expected, and I almost regret that fact. Tongue

Despite having to turn a lot of people away, who were absolute sweethearts in questioning but just didn't make it past some of the others, I think Duke and I have assembled a great team. But I warn my choices! No slacking, or you're out!

I endeavor to take a more active role with my cabinet, giving them direction and keeping them engaged, than my predecessors have. All of my cabinet is invited to speak with me as much as they need, with whatever questions they have, and speak as frankly as they wish. One of Duke and I's top priorities: To have a cabinet that simply does a damn good job. Shouldn't be too tough, right?

Anyway, here are the choices!

(Note, "runners up" doesn't include everyone who applied for the jobs, and may on occasion include people I desperately wanted for the positions, but didn't apply.)

Attorney General

My choice: Bacon King.

Easy to see why I picked Bacon King, isn't it? He's incredibly knowledgeable about Atlasian law, and his Bacon Kingman law service has been one of the most prominent things in Atlasia in the last months. He's adept at arguing his point, and has (for some weird reason) a passion for the legal side of Atlasia.

BK brings promises of wiki editing to the table, with all sorts of grand ideas in mind, and will be an excellent representative of my Administration in any given court case. His qualifications are simply unmatched.

Runner(s) up: DemPGH, Jerryarkansas, AndrewCT, TJ in Cleve.

Deputy Attorney General

My choice: DemPGH.

Raising an eyebrow, wondering why you've never heard of this position before? Because you haven't, it doesn't exist, stupid! But it's a position I think it's high time we created.

Ideally, the cabinet, in my mind, serves as a way for up and comers to prove their dedication to the game in a relatively low-risk environment, without the hassle of that whole elections thing. My first position in this game was Attorney General, and it proved my dedication when it came time to actually run for office. We have a Deputy SoFE position, despite never actually needing it in years; but Attorney General has fallen vacant way too many times, and we could actually use a Deputy for that job.

DemPGH made his case for AG too persuasively for me to pass him up entirely. He really wants to participate, and passion is the #1 job requirement, to me, for anything in this game. Everything else can be learned, but passion just comes natural. DemPGH answers all my questions immediately, said he'd be incredible active, and really wants to learn in a low-stress environment, and I think there are many others out there just like him. So I will ask the Senate to create this position, and once created, give it to this fine fellow.

Runner(s) up: Jerryarkansas, who similarly fits the "newbie who deserves his shot" role.

Game Moderator

My choice: Adam Griffin.

Like his kick-ass graphs and other nerdy obsessions over numbers? Smirk at his activity at all hours of the day and night? So do I. This job is high-stress, high demand, and Griffin simply has the passion and know-how.

This job needs someone who can get the work done fairly, regardless of anything else about them. Game Moderator is too important of a job just to give it to a pretty face we can all feel warm and fuzzy about; Griffin likes data, is familiar with my and Purple State's GM style, and can handle the job and all its stresses. When I was appointed to be Game Moderator so long ago, a few people had their own concerns about my personality in the job, and those worries turned out to be utterly unfounded; despite my reputation as frankly honest and an occasional bomb thrower, I did the job well. That is the only thing that should matter, and he has my full confidence.

And hey, if he doesn't do a good job, I can always fire his ass. Tongue

Runner(s) up: Sirnick, Cincinnatus, Snowguy, Emperor PiT.

Secretary of Internal Affairs

My choice: Snowguy.

I've always seen the SoIA as less of a rubber stamp for regional funds, and more of a GM's assistant on domestic affairs on one hand and sort of "public relations" for the Administrations policies to the regions on the other. Snowguy effectively ticks both boxes, by being a total dork on domestic policy, and a jolly fellow who regional governments can get along with. Wink

As I say, passion is the number one requirement with me, and Snowguy demonstrated a very strong desire to serve and make this office something special. I'm skeptical of the SoIA position, but Snowguy could very well make me a believer.

Runner(s) up: Jerryarkansas, Cincinnatus, Simfan (before he was banned!).

Secretary of External Affairs

My choice: Polnut.

This job has attracted a few different sorts, over the years. Mostly, they fall into two different archetypes; Speechmaker diplomatic types who tend to like to talk about events but shy away from making them, and those who like to be the GM of the Foreign Affairs world. Thankfully, Polnut has demonstrated to me in the questioning period that he can do both.

Polnut is a diplomatic guy, with an eye for foreign affairs, who can write a good speech and also desires to shape world events that the game can follow. As the SoIA and SoEA were given GM-lite powers, one of my biggest worries would be that the three positions wouldn't work together effectively, but I have no doubts about Polnut's ability to be a team player.

Runner(s) up: Winfield, Cincinnatus (this weirdo applied for just about everything), AndrewCT, Clarence.

Now, off we go!
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 01:39:11 PM »

This is truly an all-star administration. I couldn't be more excited to see what the future of Atlasia holds.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 01:41:23 PM »

wow, I preceded Bacon King in a legal position...
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 01:50:37 PM »

This looks like a great cabinet, Mr. President. I agree with fezzyfestoon, I think this could be a great era in Atlasia.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 01:51:37 PM »

This looks like a great cabinet, Mr. President. I agree with fezzyfestoon, I think this could be a great era in Atlasia.

Very kind of you. Smiley
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 02:28:34 PM »

Excellent choices... now I see why I didn't get picked- Polnut is an all star! Say Polnut- I'll leave some magazines in the desk for you pal ;-)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 02:47:38 PM »

Enough irony here to keep me satisfied.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 03:08:38 PM »

I think Adam will be a terrific GM.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 04:15:50 PM »

Aren't you forgetting two of your choices? Wink
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 04:19:36 PM »

Aren't you forgetting two of your choices? Wink

No idea what you're talking about. Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 04:23:20 PM »

Excellent picks all around, Mr. President Smiley
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 04:56:17 PM »

I'm fairly certain when I joked about applying for every cabinet position I specifically excluded GM.  Perhaps not, in any case, thank god for Griffin..
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2013, 05:00:52 PM »

Great choices. My only objection is that I was the one no in charge of making them.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2013, 05:31:09 PM »

No position for me? Go die in a fire Sad
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2013, 05:46:00 PM »

No position for me? Go die in a fire Sad
The JEP has clearly been shunned by this administration, despite a dear friend of Our Leader being Vice President.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2013, 07:16:06 PM »

I like the stars Smiley
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 07:47:48 AM »

Very good choices.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2013, 08:27:00 AM »

That sure is a lot of red in that cabinet.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2013, 09:26:52 AM »

Much obliged, Mr. President. Yes, for now my engagements in the private sector make a meaningful run for office unlikely, but in the event that that office is created, I am honored to serve the administration in a support role. All the best, gentlemen!
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2013, 01:30:56 PM »

That sure is a lot of red in that cabinet.

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2013, 01:58:05 PM »

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2013, 02:52:32 PM »

Marokai sees all the blue he can tolerate, every time he watches the news and hears about his Governor.

And the good thing is, it doesn't look like salvation shall be coming any time soon to free him from that order. Evil
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2013, 04:40:12 PM »

Which was needed to win
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2013, 05:31:01 PM »

You won my heart a long time ago.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2013, 07:13:29 PM »

I would like to apply for Game Moderator in case Adam Griffin is not confirmed.

Qualification: intent to resign from General Secretary of Labor Party if selected.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies