The Adventures of Hobo Orgy Guy and Blondie ***FINAL EPISODE***
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:17:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Adventures of Hobo Orgy Guy and Blondie ***FINAL EPISODE***
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: The Adventures of Hobo Orgy Guy and Blondie ***FINAL EPISODE***  (Read 43096 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2013, 02:07:06 PM »

Susan Collins: I'm delighted to be here, Mr. Twister.  Thank you all for joining us here tonight.  I think it's important that we make our voices heard here today, because trolling is an important problem that effects everyone in America.  Whatever moderate course of action can be taken to save an innocent's life from a troll is a step worth taking.

It's a shame that one of my main (pun intended) moderate superheroes does not know thw difference between effect and affect..
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2013, 07:38:02 PM »

Susan Collins: I'm delighted to be here, Mr. Twister.  Thank you all for joining us here tonight.  I think it's important that we make our voices heard here today, because trolling is an important problem that effects everyone in America.  Whatever moderate course of action can be taken to save an innocent's life from a troll is a step worth taking.

It's a shame that one of my main (pun intended) moderate superheroes does not know thw difference between effect and affect..

Fixed.  Wink
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2013, 09:00:01 AM »

The Adventures of Hobo Orgy Guy and Blondie (....in progress)

Episode 18 "I Will Be Roughing It Sorta"

[And we again open on the Institute of Sulfur Mining and Extraction.  Benconstine has just explained his Moderate Hero logic, leaving Blondie and Hog exasperated about how the Moderate Heroes won't save them.  Or at least, will only partially save them.]

Twister: OK, OK.  I think I can help you guys out on this one. (pause) So Susan....

Susan Collins: Yes, Mr. Twister?

Twister: I understand that these two innocents here would like to be saved from these trolls.  Perhaps you could ask Senator Droopy Dog over there to use the Power of Grayskull to wrap all these trolls up in straightjackets, and leave them trapped here for eternity?

Susan Collins: That sounds like a rather extreme response, Mr. Twister.  May I suggest a more moderate course of action?

Twister: You may.

Susan Collins: We wrap them all up in straightjackets, but leave them there for just a limited period of time.

Twister: Not quite as far as I would have liked you to go, but I can live with that.

[Collins nods to Lieberman, who raises his hands up in the air, and yells out....]

Joe Lieberman: By the power of Angus King!  Let us confront our political opponents by adopting half of their ideas!

[Before any of the trolls can react, straightjackets rise up from the ground, and trap them inside.  They're unable to escape, and their mouths are covered as well, so they can't talk.  Within moments, every single troll in the Institute has been straightjacketed.

Twister then moves over to Hog and Blondie, and begins to release them from their own restraints.]

Hog: Thank you!  Why didn't you just do that to begin with?

Twister: I don't know, boredom?  Cheyenne Mountain isn't exactly Excitement Kingdom, so when faced with a challenge, I like to take my time with it.

[Twister has now finished releasing both Blondie and Hog from their restraints.]

Twister: So what were you two doing out here anyway, that you managed to get yourself kidnapped by the trolls?

Blondie: On our way to Salt Lake City.  We're time travellers, looking for a way back to 2013, and we understand that someone in Salt Lake City called the Irishman has a time machine.

Twister: Salt Lake City, huh?  I've been tracking W--, I mean, Fredward's movements there.

Hog: Fredward is in Salt Lake City?

Twister: I'm pretty certain of it.  Finding him has been a bear, because he hasn't been seen in person or on video for years.  I mean, he makes some appearances in Islamist propaganda videos, but it's not really him.  It's pretty obvious holographic fakery.

So I've been trying to track him down.  He has a number of bunkers spread out throughout the western USA....that is, what used to be the USA, but is now held by the Islamists.  Salt Lake City's contested territory, but if my intelligence is right, he's hiding out in a bunker several miles east of the city, directly below the Olympic park left there from the 2002 Winter Olympics.

Hog: But you said you're part of the NSA, right?  So if you know where he is, why don't you tell the president or something, and have him take out Fredward?

Twister: Ha!  The president?  You want me to tell Naso?  I know he was just sworn in and you'll tell me that I should give him a chance, but I can assure you that he'll be even more useless than President Winfrey was.  If Naso tries to send anyone in to take out Fredward, he'll probably either nuke the place, or inadvertently tip off Fredward that he's coming.

No, we--that is, the Moderate Heroes and I--we may technically work for the US government, but they abandoned us out here years ago, when they pulled out of Colorado, and let it be overrun by Islamists and Trolls.  We've been holed up in Cheyenne Mountain, on our own, continuing to do our work as best we can.  The only thing that's kept us alive is this.

[Twister reaches into his coat pocket, and pulls out a flash drive.]

Blondie: What's that?

Twister: The US Election Atlas.  The website's been offline for over a decade, and this is the last confirmed remaining copy, as far as I know.

Blondie: OK, I may not be as worldly as you....I'm only a dog, and don't know how most things work....but please explain how a website can save your life.

[Twister sighs, and puts the Atlas back in his pocket.]

Twister: Simple.  With all the detailed voting and demographic data in here, down to the precinct level, one can plan an effective insurgency--or counter-insurgency--that's very specifically suited to a particular geographic area.  With help from the Atlas data, we've been able to fend off every troll attempt to attack Cheyenne Mountain.

Hog: Come on....Let's get real here.  An election atlas is going to do all that?

Twister: You'd be amazed by what Dave Leip had at his disposal back in the day, which was available to those with premium memberships.  It's all in the Atlas.

And that's why Fredward was so successful as well.

Hog: Huh?

Twister: It was the Atlas data.  I know it was.  He helped to organize the Islamists when they were taking over the Rockies, and he made use of data which is only in the Atlas.  I'm sure of it.  And I believe he's still using it today.  It's the only way they've been able to defend themselves from the US military.  Somehow, he must have access to that information that was stored in the Atlas all those years ago.  There may be another copy of it that he's holding on to, though I'm not exaclty sure of the details.

But that's why I've been working to track him down.  We can't let him get away with using that information if he's not paying the annual subscription fee anymore.

[Blondie and Hog just nod their heads.]

Twister: That last part was a joke.

[silence]

Twister: The subscription fee isn't important, it's just that....do I have to explain everything to you?

[more silence]

Twister: Yikes, you two are rather humorless, aren't you?

Blondie: Sorry, Mr. Twister.  But if you're after Fredward, and he's in Salt Lake City, then why don't you come with us?

Twister: I don't know about that.  The road to Salt Lake City is pretty dangerous.  It's a tough journey.  See those mountains over there? (points to the west)  Without a car, how are you going to get across those?

Now, you could try going through the Mines of Moria, but otherwise you'll have to go far over the Misty Mountains rise.  Leave us standing upon the height.  What was before, we see once more, is our kingdom, a distant light.

[blank expressions from Blondie and Hog]

Twister: Lord of the Rings?  The Hobbit?  Does what I just said ring any bells for you?

Hog: I'm a hobo.  I don't get to see many movies or read many books.

Blondie: And I'm just a dog....a puppy who's only been alive for a couple of months.  What do you expect from me?

Twister: Oy.  This isn't exactly a fellowship that's going to make Fredward tremble in fear.

TO BE CONTINUED....
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2013, 06:57:22 AM »

Episode 19 "I Don't Have The Best Resume"

[And we again open on the Institute of Sulfur Mining and Extraction.  Twister has been telling Hog and Blondie about how difficult it'll be for them to get to Salt Lake City.]

Twister: OK, look, I'm not going to go to Salt Lake City myself, but I can get the Moderate Heroes to fly you there.

Blondie: Fly us there?

Twister: Yes, you saw them fly down here, didn't you?  They have moderate superpowers, and can fly hundreds of miles in a matter of minutes.

Benconstine: Excuse me....I  don't think it would be appropriate for us to fly these two all the way to Salt Lake City.

Joe Lieberman: I'm forced to agree with my colleague here.  Though perhaps we could fly halfway?

Twister: OK then, how about this for a counterproposal?  You fly in the direction of Salt Lake City, but you actually go twice as far?

Joe Lieberman: No, I'm afraid that's too extreme for us.  We'll take them to Salt Lake City.

Twister: I see.  (sarcastic) Maybe not what I was hoping for, but it'll have to do.

Hog: (to Twister) You really won't come with us?

Twister: No, no.  I'm sorry.  Too dangerous for me to confront Fredward head on.  But look....

[Twister pulls out a piece of paper and writes something on it, then hands the paper to Hog.]

Twister: This is the contact info for one of our agents.  She's one of the best of us.  If you get into trouble there, use this to call on her, and maybe she'll be able to help you out.

Blondie: You *really* aren't coming?  Mr. Twister, I'm sorry, but what are you going to do, hide out in that mountain forever?  You've located the most wanted man in the world, and you're not going to do anything with that information?

Twister: Once we have a president who can tell the difference between his hair and a hole in the ground, I'll happily turn over all the information I have on Fredward and the Islamists.

Blondie: You're not even curious enough to go there in person, and check out your leads?  To see if your information is correct or not?

Twister: (sighs) OK, look, I don't want to argue.  (pause)  Fine, I'll go.  Just to check out if there's anything to what my sources have told me about the situation out there.

Susan Collins: OK, it's settled.  We'll take you halfway to twice the distance to Salt Lake City.

Blondie: You mean, you'll take us all the way to Salt Lake City?

Susan Collins: Yes, that's a cruder way of putting it.

[Collins scoops Blondie up in her arms.  Twister holds on to Liberman, while Hog hold on to Benconstine.  The Moderate Heroes then take off into the sky, with Blondie, Hog, and Twister in tow.  Their takeoff is sort of like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLpwUhAvFzg

The trolls look up, still in straightjackets, watching the Moderate Heroes fly away.  Hamilton looks worried that they've been left there to die.

And then a few more minutes pass.

And a few more minutes.

And a few more minutes.

The trolls remain trapped in their straightjackets, unable to escape. 

Senator Collins had suggested that the straightjackets wouldn't trap them there forever.  Does that mean that they're programmed to be released at a certain time?  The trolls would never find out, because a few minutes later....

....the snowfall has increased in intensity, and it's getting darker as afternoon fades into evening.  But Hamilton hears a sound, and looks off into the distance to see a few pickup trucks pulling up.  The passengers get out....at least 7 or 8 men, no women.  They're far enough away that he can't make out who they are just yet, but then they start to open up their jackets, revealing....

The first man to open his jacket has a t-shirt with a red Michigan on it.  The next has a lime green Nevada, then a dark green Austria, then a lime green South Carolina, etc.

Hamilton is shocked.  It's his nightmare come to life, as he sees Nym and the other moderators before him.  The other trolls don't have much better reactions, but all of them are trapped in their straightjackets with gags in their mouths, and they can neither escape nor scream out.

The mods finally approach the trolls.  Nym looks down on Hamilton with a smile on his face.]

Nym90: Well, well, well.  I knew there were trolls here, but *this* is a pleasant surprise.

Ernest: (to Nym) What are you doing sir?  This is a distraction from the mission at hand, to reclaim the copy of the Atlas held at Cheyenne Mountain.  You've already used your powers liberally to defend us from Islamist attacks on the drive up here.  Do more need to die today?  These trolls appear to be neutralized, and pose no threat to us.

[Nym turns to Ernest, looking incredulous.]

Nym90: Hamilton?  Atheist2006?  We have before us some of the most notorious trolls in Atlas history, all of whom featured prominently on The Watch List.  If anyone deserves to suffer the most extreme administrative penalty that Mr. Leip has made available to me, surely it is them?

[The glow of the red Michigan on Nym's shirt begins to get brighter, and his hands begin to glow red as he prepares to strike the trolls....

...the camera slowly pans up the Deluge and away from both the Trolls and moderators, and as we pan up, we see a red flash coming from off camera, and hear the screams of the Trolls....presumed to be their death screams as Nym wipes them out with his powers.

Then the camera pans high above the mountains, and quickly zooms hundreds of miles to the west, finally reaching Utah.  It then plunges down towards the Olympic Park, east of Salt Lake City.  We shift to an underground bunker there, deep beneath the Earth, zoom through the hallways, passing by statues of Olympic athletes.  We see a few robots who are walking the halls, who look a bit like the battle droids from The Phantom Menace:

We finally settle on......Bushie's holographic imaging chamber.  Yes, the holo-imaging chamber that we saw at the end of Episode 11 is here, in this bunker.  We again see a figure who's cloaked in shadow because of the poor lighting, but who sounds like Bushie, talking to a mysterious voice offscreen (who again, is the same mysterious voice as in Episode 11). ]

Mysterious Person: Please hurry up, Bushie.  Hog and the others will be arriving in town shortly, and your holographic alter ego needs to be ready, to give them a proper "greeting".

BushOK: I'm sorry sir.  But the lighting in here is so poor, that it takes me a while to get the holographic imaging set up properly.

Mysterious Person: Yes, yes.  Congratulations Phil to you for noticing the obvious.  The lighting throughout this illustrious facility has always been terrible, going all the way back to when it was controlled by our dearly departed Mr. Fredward.

BushOK: OK, well I'm almost ready.  I hope this won't take too long, because I'm missing the NFC Championship Game for this.

You said that it's not just Hog and JJ coming, but also Aizen?

Mysterious Person: Yes, that is correct.  A remarkable stroke of luck that we shall be able to take custody of him as well.  But Mr. "Hog" is the important one.  With his help, I do hope to be able to find that Xerox lab, and take control of Muon's time device.  And you know what that means, don't you, my dear Mr. BushOK?

BushOK: That my contract will be fulfilled, and I won't have to work for you anymore?

Mysterious Person: You amuse me greatly, Bushie.  My sincerest congratulations to you for making me laugh.  But please be serious here.  Siezing that time machine means that we'll finally be able to SECURE THE PRESIDENCY OF THE UNITED STATES FOR GOVERNOR ROMNEY.

BushOK: You really do like that bold and caps lock, don't you Mr. Winfield?

[The camera reverses off of Bushie, and now points in the other direction, at the "Mysterious Person", who is now revealed to be Winfield.....smiling from behind his monocle.

And as we fade out to the closing credits for this episode, in homage to Twister's "Misty Mountain" reference from the previous episode, we get a rendition of "Song of the Lonely Mountain":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJwyW9ngLNg    ]

TO BE CONTINUED....
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2013, 11:06:30 AM »

I never thought of Winfield as Mr. Peanut.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2013, 05:57:13 PM »

I never thought of Winfield as Mr. Peanut.

It's a meme that dates back to the original "Congrats Phil" thread:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=127693.msg2716928#msg2716928

Also:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=165724.msg3539138#msg3539138
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2013, 09:25:11 PM »

Meh.  Monocles are for rich snobs is an old-fashioned stereotype.  You're far more likely to come across a hipster wearing one than someone like Winfield these days, and even then it would be rare.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2013, 03:12:04 AM »

Very good.

MORE!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2013, 05:29:44 AM »
« Edited: October 27, 2013, 05:38:29 AM by Mr. Morden »

Meh.  Monocles are for rich snobs is an old-fashioned stereotype.  You're far more likely to come across a hipster wearing one than someone like Winfield these days, and even then it would be rare.

It's an Atlas meme nonetheless, and I'll justify it on the grounds that fashions have changed by 2029. Tongue

In any case, I give you the season finale of the first season of HOG & Blondie below.  Yes, the season finale.  I've realized as I developed the story that it got much bigger than I anticipated, so I've broken it up into two seasons, so the following is the season finale of the first season....
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2013, 05:30:57 AM »

Episode 20 "It Will Definitely Be A Challenge, But It's Easily Overcome"

[We open on a large room in the NORAD bunker in Cheyenne Mountain.  The room is filled with maps of the surrounding region, and is ringed by a balcony stretching around three out of the four walls.  There are no US government agents left here.  Twister and the Moderate Heroes are the only agents who still work here, and they've left for Salt Lake City, along with Blondie and Hog (as seen in the previous episode).

Instead, the facility is being occupied by Nym and the other moderators, having just forced their way in, with the aid of their moderation powers.  Nym is alone in this room (well...almost alone....Tender Branson stands silently, guarding the door), as he pores over the maps.  Ernest and Inks enter the room, interrupting him....]

Ernest: Sir, we've completed the search of this facility.  We are indeed alone here.  No government agents, at least not now.  Also no sign of the Atlas.

Nym90: But you said that there were signs of people living here fairly recently?

Ernest: Indeed, sir.  Still living here today.  Just not present right now.  I believe they were here as recently as this afternoon.  Inks may have uncovered their destination.

Inks: It's the Moderate Heroes.  They apparently have the superpower of flight, but I know where they went off to.  They registered their flight plan on flightaware.com.  It's the same website that jmfcst used to track former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin back in 2008, when he broke the news that John McCain selected her as his running mate.

Anyway, their flight plan shows that they're headed for Salt Lake City.

Nym90: Excellent work, Inks.  So, we'll make our way to Salt Lake City, then.  How quickly can we load up the cars?

Inks: We don't have to go by car, sir.  This base includes an aircraft that can be used for evacuation in case of emergency.  We can use it to fly to Salt Lake much faster than we could drive.  Beet's reading the instruction manual right now, and should be ready to fly it shortly.

Nym90: Very good.  We can leave as soon as Beet is ready.  In the meantime, Inks, I want you and the others to continue searching this facility, to see if you can find any more information here that might help us better understand what we're up against with the Moderate Heroes.

Inks: Understood, sir.

[Inks and Ernest begin to leave, but as Inks walks out the door, Nym stops Ernest from exiting with him.]

Nym90: Ernest, a word?

Ernest: Yes, sir?

Nym90: He is a remarkable fellow, isn't he, Ernest?

Ernest: You mean Inks, sir?

Nym90: Yes, of course I mean Inks.  No offense to you Ernest, but he's the most capable of any of you.

Ernest: If you say so, sir.

Nym90: (laughing) Oh come now, Ernest.  I'm not insulting you here.  I don't mean it like that.  And don't worry.  Your position as Deputy Modadmin is secure.

No, Inks is the most technically capable of you.  But he has no leadership capabilities.  He will never be a leader of men, as he is neither decisive nor charismatic.  If he were to somehow become Deputy Modadmin, he would never be able to challenge me, as you have.  He would never question my orders, nor rally other moderators to his side.

Ernest: (confused) Is that a backhanded compliment, sir?  Have I challenged you in a way that is inappropriate?

Nym90: No, not at all.  But I would appreciate your counsel just now, Ernest.  I can understand that my actions today may seem curious to you.  I need you to tell me if I've lost my mind.

[Ernest pauses for a second, as he collects his thoughts.]

Ernest: Your plan is sound, sir.  After you discovered last night that you still have moderation powers, even in the "real world" outside of Atlas.....that we all have them.....well, it only made sense.  These moderation powers could be useful to the US military, in trying to take back the western US.  If we turn over this last copy of the Atlas, and allow them to study both it and us, then perhaps they can weaponize such powers, and turn them against the Islamists.  It's a sufficiently tantalizing possibility for President Naso, that we may be able to trade our cooperation for clemency for the crimes we committed in the 2010s.

Nym90: So you don't think I'm crazy then?

Ernest: The idea is sound.  (pause)  However......I do find your decision to bring us here in person a bit curious.  We could have negotiated our surrender from Oklahoma.  As for the Atlas, even if we're cut off from US-controlled territory here, I'm sure the military could have found a way to access this facility, given the stakes.

(long pause) And also.....

Nym90: Yes, Ernest?

Ernest: I understand that you didn't really mean to kill all those people last night.  The Somalis and the Space Bikers.  But then....those who you killed with your powers today.  Yes, self defense on the way up here, when we were attacked by Islamists.  Though I don't know that it was necessary to respond with lethal force, when you could have simply placed them on moderator review.

Nym90: We couldn't linger on the road up here Erenst.  No time to babysit Islamists on mod review.

Ernest: And then those trolls you killed just an hour or so ago.  Hamilton, Atheist2006, poundingtherock, Rochambeau....

Nym90: Some of the worst offenders in Atlas history, all of whom I would have disposed of years ago, if I'd had the opportunity.

Ernest: If you say so sir.

Nym90: But you don't approve?

Ernest: Sir, do you remember what you said just yesterday, at the Mars Bar, when we were talking to Hog and RickRoll about what we had to do as moderators back in the 2010s?

You said that you never imagined how Dave giving you those Modadmin powers would change you.  That you were like a wild animal who needed to kill...like a lion.  Well, now you have those powers back.  And more than that, you can use them in the real world, outside the confines of the Atlas.  Are you sure it isn't having a similar impact on your mental state now?

Nym90: (pause)  I see.  Well, I'm sorry you feel that way, Ernest.

[Tender Branson is still standing guard at the door.  Nym nods to him, and he leaves the room.]

Nym90: Let me explain something Ernest.  I haven't told the others about this yet, but I thought that you should know.

The reason that I wanted us to secure the Atlas ourselves, rather than negotiate our surrender from Oklahoma, is that I want to know exactly how much leverage we have.

Ernest: Sir?

Nym90: We've just now discovered that our moderation powers can be used in the real world, outside of cyberspace.  If we get ahold of the Atlas, and study the admin powers locked within it.......well, who knows what other abilities we might unlock?  Certainly something to consider, before blindly surrendering ourselves to US law enforcement.

[Ernest is struck by a realization....]

Ernest: You have no intention of negotiating with President Naso, do you sir?  You never did, did you?

No, now that you've realized that your moderation powers are so much more powerful than you thought they were, you just want to get that Atlas back, so you can see what additional powers it'll give you.  That's all you want, isn't it?

Nym90: (his tone shifting, now that his true colors have been revealed) You think I'd hand that power over to Mike Naso, and allow him to become Modadmin?

Ernest: Not Modadmin, sir.  He's president of the United States, whether you or I like it or not.  What would you have us do with these moderation powers, if not turn the technology over to the US government?

Nym90: The same thing Naso would do with it, but more competently.  If the additional mod powers we can unlock from the Atlas are as far reaching as I imagine they are, and if we can re-connect it to the internet, well....we could easily defeat this Islamist insurgency on our own, couldn't we?

Ernest: Sir, we did what we had to do 15 years ago, because of the extreme circumstances we faced.  But this?.....This is vigilanteism on the grandest scale.  You want us to give ourselves super powers, so we can fight an entire war on our own?  And if we are successful, then what?

Nym90: The United State government and its citizenry will be enormously grateful to us for defeating their enemy.  And we will be in an excellent position to negotiate.

Ernest: To negotiate a pardon for the crimes we committed as moderators?

Nym90: That will be the least of what we can negotiate.  Having crushed our enemies so thoroughly, we will have demonstrated the superiority of a system of rules based on the Atlas Forum's Terms of Service.  Imagine, Ernest.  With the help of the internet to spread our influence, an entire worldwide system of global governance based on Dave Leip's Terms of Service.  Enforced by my moderators, with myself as Modadmin.

Ernest: This is madness, sir.  You want to remake the world in the image of the Atlas Forum, and set yourself up as ruling despot?  You're descending into cartoonish super-villainy.  Dave never would have wanted us to use our moderation powers in this way.

Nym90: DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT WHAT DAVE WANTS!

Dave named *ME* Modadmin, Ernest.  Not you.  Me!  I'm the one who had to defend his Atlas from trolls for all those years.  I decided who lived, and who died.  My hands were soaked in blood, and where was Dave?  Why did he leave me to my own devices, and never intervene?  Why didn't he answer my PMs?  No, if Dave ever had a problem with how I performed my duties, he could have revoked my Modadmin status at any time.

[pause]

But I'm afraid you'll never understand that, Ernest.

And so I'm going to have to remove you as an Atlas moderator.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2013, 05:31:32 AM »

Ernest: You're going to de-mod me?

Nym90: Of course not, Ernest.  You know I can't do that.  Only Dave can.  I have no way to remove your mod powers, as long as you're alive.

[And now we see Tender Branson again, but he's up on the balcony.  He's just gotten out a cello, and he begins to play "The Rains of Castamere": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVOf6HEur5Y ]

Nym90: None of the remaining moderators is likely to challenge me, Ernest.  When you're gone, I'll have a free hand to use my moderation powers as I see fit, in the way that *I* think Dave would have intended.

[Ernest is left speechless....and begins to back away from Nym.]

Nym90: You know Ernest, there are a few things that you've said in this conversation that I consider infractable.

[The D-MI avatar on Nym's shirt begins to glow, and his hands glow red as he lifts them to strike.]

Nym90: You said that I was delivering a "backhanded compliment"....FIVE infraction points for personal attack.

[Red electricity jets out of Nym's hands, striking Ernest square in the chest, and causing him to flinch.]

Nym90: You described my plan as "cartoonish super-villainy".  EIGHT infraction points for personal attack.

[Nym fires more red electricity at Ernest, this time knocking him back a few steps, but he stays on his feet.

Then Ernest manages to advance a few steps.]

Ernest: That's ticky-tack moderation, sir.  I'm going to have to reverse those points.

[Ernest powers himself up, as the I-SC avatar on his shirt begins to glow green.  He motions his right index finger up slightly once, and then twice, and his infraction points are reset to zero.]

Nym90: I'm the Modadmin, Ernest.  You're going to remove infraction points that I've given you?

Ernest: You're going well outside the established norms of moderator behavior, sir.  Forgive me if I do the same.

Nym90: I see.  If that is how you wish to play......then I'm sure I can find other infractable comments you've made over the years.

As I'm sure you're aware, the Update isn't *quite* the only bit of the Atlas forum that we still have access to.  There is also the complete posting history of every moderator, as compiled by Inks several years ago, to be used in court in the event that we were ever charged for the crimes we committed in moderating.

[Nym pulls out a small mobile device, presses a few buttons, and we now see a holographic representation of the entire posting history of all moderators floating between Nym and Ernest.]

Ernest: Yes.  And as you are surely aware, I can use the same file to find infractable posts by you.

Nym90: And since we're dispensing with the standard norms of moderation procedure, I assume that you won't feel compelled to only infract posts of mine within your own jurisdiction?  In US Presidential Election Results, Constitution and Law, and History?

Ernest: No, I don't suppose that I will.

[Tender Branson now starts playing Duel of the Fates on his cello: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZqYrxTEeus

And in fact, you should listen Duel of the Fates while you read the next sequence, to help set the mood.....

Nym and Ernest square off against each other.....Nym's hands glowing red and Ernest's glowing green as they stare each other down.....sort of like Peter and Sylar at the 20 second mark in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPVjtjlG970

The camera zooms in on each of their faces, as they stare each other down, hands glowing, with the holographic representation of their posting histories floating between them.  It looks like they're about to lunge at each other as Tender Branson's playing of Duel of the Fates intensifies, and then......

And then......

Rather than actually engage in a physical confrontation, they both rapidly start scrolling through each other's posting history.  The holographic representation of the posting history is manipulated by their rapid finger movements, sort of like the game "Stratagema" on Star Trek, as seen at the 1:10 mark in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIOEklxc_yY

They scroll through the posting history, looking for posts with the tiniest sliver of justification for being punished with infraction points.  As soon as one of them finds such a post made by the other, he sends a jolt of electricity to his counterpart, indicating the issuing of infraction points.  Each of the two mods has to carefully balance the time spent looking for infractable posts by his adversary, giving them infraction points, and healing themselves from their own infractions.

The flurry of infractions goes back and forth at lightning speed...]

Nym90: 3 points for "lol"ing at an insult to pbrower, Personal Attack....

Ernest: 2 points for posting too many paragraphs of an article about Supreme Court nominations, Copyright Violation....

Nym90: 2 points for seeming to agree with a BRTD post, Trolling....

[The pace of infractions, and reversals of infractions, is so fast that the two seem to be consumed in a swirl of red and green light.  The room itself starts to shake, and this gets the attention of the other moderators, who were in other rooms within the facility, but now most of them run in, joining Tender Branson on the balcony.

Ernest is distracted for a moment by the other moderators, and Nym makes his move, hitting Ernest with a 10 point "Excessive Hyperbole" infraction that manages to knock him onto the ground.  The nearby map table is likewise thrown on its side, on top of Ernest, pinning both of his arms to the ground.  Tender Branson ceases his cello playing.]

Nym90: You're at 45 points, Ernest.  Just five away from mod review.  And you can't lift your arms to remove those points, can you?

[Ernest struggles to free himself, but he's exhausted, and is unable to move.]

Ernest: (his words now dripping with contempt) You don't need to put me on mod review, sir.  You're the Modadmin.  You can ban me whenever you like.  You've just been toying with me, haven't you?

Nym90: (smiling) Just making sure to do everything by the book, in compliance with my mandate as Modadmin.

[Ernest, still trapped, manages to turn his head to the other moderators, who watch from above in stunned silence.]

Ernest: Will none of you put an end to this?  Will none of you stop this madness?  Listen to me!  He's lost his mind.  While he's distracted by me, any one of you could hit him with a 50 point infraction, and he wouldn't have time to react.

[But the other moderators just stare down at both Ernest and Nym, not making a move.]

Ernest: Are all of you cowards?!?  You're going to keep following his orders?  He's going to lead you all straight to Hell!

Nym90: Not "cowards", Ernest.  Just decent enough not to inflict a punishment meant for sock accounts on their Modadmin.  As for you....

[Nym takes another step towards Ernest.]

Nym90: Describing my actions as "madness", saying that I would "lead my moderators to Hell".....FIVE infraction points for excessive hyperbole.

[Red electricity comes out of Nym's hands, and Ernest, still lying on the ground, is engulfed in a translucent red sphere.  He's on moderator review, which means that whatever he says can now only be heard by Nym, and Nym decides whether it's communicated to the outside world or not.]

Ernest: (his voice muffled by mod review) Nym, please!  Think about what you're doing here.  It's just a website for election maps!  You're going to kill me over this?!?  Killing those trolls was one thing, but once you do this to me, you've taken it to another level.  There'll be no going back for you.

[Nym hears him, but the other moderators don't.  He takes another step forward, and stares Ernest down.]

Nym90: It's my birthday, Ernest.  And we're going to have a birthday party.

[More red electricity pours forth from his hands, engulfing the mod review bubble.]

Nym90: Ernest, you have repeatedly violated the Terms of Service with your attacks on the character of the Modadmin.  You are PERMABANNED from the Atlas forum....and this life.

[The mod review bubble collapses in on Ernest, and his body is reduced to dust.

We now focus on Inks, who is watching with the other mods from the balcony.  He stares down at the remains of Ernest in horror, trying to process what he's just seen.

Nym, now weak and bloodied, looks up to his fellow moderators.....]

Nym90: My friends.....I regret to inform you that Ernest has been permabanned, and will no longer be in a position to serve as a moderator.  In his absence, I would like to congratulate my new Deputy Modadmin.....Inks.LWC!

[The moderators clap, to celebrate Inks's promotion, but the camera again zooms in on Inks's face.  He's still looking down on the remains of Ernest, with a blank expression on his face.

As we fade to black, the song playing over the end credits is a reprise of "The Rains of Castamere", this time with lyrics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECewrAld3zw ]

TO BE CONTINUED....
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2013, 05:37:56 AM »

OK, so that's it for "Season 1".  When I started this, I foresaw maybe 20-25 episodes or so.  But then as I started planning things out in more detail, I realized that the story was too big to fit that length.  It'll be something more like 40 episodes total when it's done.  (Though I can't say the exact number yet for sure.)

This seems like a good place for a break, so I'm calling that Season 1.  I'll come back with more after a bit of a break.  Not sure when exactly Season 2 will start.  It'll be at least a month from now, and more likely won't start until January, after the X-mas / New Year's holidays.  I just need a bit of time to plan things out in more detail.  In Season 2, our heroes finally arrive in Salt Lake City, and all the various plot threads start to merge.  I already know what happens in outline form, but it gets sufficiently complicated that I might have to plan out each individual scene from now until the end before I start writing any actual scripts.  Hence, the break.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2013, 02:23:27 PM »

Meh.  I wouldn't be trying to place those powers in the hands of the Federal government.  No, clearly such powers are better reserved to the States.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2013, 06:24:29 PM »

So long as you don't go on a writers' strike.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2013, 08:12:23 PM »

Great season.

Keen to see what happens in Salt Lake City.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2013, 10:44:19 PM »

Meh.  I wouldn't be trying to place those powers in the hands of the Federal government.  No, clearly such powers are better reserved to the States.

Can't believe I missed the obvious "True Federalist" joke.  Oh well.  Can't think of everything.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2014, 07:08:13 AM »

First, one small stylistic change.  There'll be several cases this season in which we shift around between different scenes within an episode.  For simplicity, I'll now try to summarize the setting for each new scene in italics, before the scene begins.

Episode 21 (2x01) "It's Not Just the Future I Have to Think About"

[The season begins with a new opening credit sequence.  It plays at the beginning of every episode, but I'll only describe it at the beginning of this, the season premiere.  In subsequent episodes, you can just imagine it on your own.  So here are the opening credits:

The credits play similarly to the "Game of Thrones" opening credits, making use of the same theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7L2PVdrb_8

...and zooming in and out of a big map.  But in this case, it's a world map of the Earth, and when we zoom in, we see different red and blue shadings, based on past election results.

So we start with a big map of the USA, and zoom in on Salt Lake City, UT, cycling through all the elections since 1896, the first presidential election in which Utah was a state.  As we zoom close in on the city, you can see the individual precincts, and the colors change between red and blue, depending on which party won each precinct.  Then we zoom back out, and the precincts blur together into a single color for the state.  We next retrace our heroes' journey in Season 1, but in reverse, going through Colorado, Kansas, then Oklahoma.  Always stopping to zoom in and see the individual precinct shadings.

Then we pan across the map to Washington DC, zooming in there, to see all the elections since 1964, when DC was first able to vote in presidential elections.

Then we zoom back out, and pan across the "Narrow Sea" of the Atlantic Ocean, finally reaching Kenya, where we zoom in, and see the various shadings of Kenyan elections, until we finally cut away to the title screen of "The Adventures of Hobo Orgy Guy and Blondie".

June 2013, an empty field somewhere in Oklahoma

[We see RickRoll standing in the field, speaking with a young man, who looks like he's in his early 20s.]

RickRoll: What did you say your name was again?

Young Man: PiT.  Or rather, PiT (The Physicist).

RickRoll: And PiT (The Physicist), you want me to do WHAT?

PiT (The Physicist)Sad (sighs) Exactly what we discussed when I first contacted you.  I want you to take this pill (holds it up in his fingers), then walk over that hill (points) on the other end of which you'll find the mobile home belonging to the Bushie family.  You do know Bushie, right?

RickRoll: Yes, as I said before.  I know him from college.

PiT (The Physicist)Sad Right.

RickRoll: But you don't want me to say hello to Bushie?

PiT (The Physicist)Sad No.  He's not even there right now.  He's in Kenya.  His parents are still in town, but you shouldn't say hello to them either.

You should just sit under their oak tree, and go to sleep.  The pill will keep you in hibernation for the next 16 years.

[RickRoll stares at the pill.]

RickRoll: Right, that's the bit I'm worried about.  You said you cooked up this pill based on instructions you got from your boss in the future?

PiT (The Physicist)Sad Well, sort of.  The "Irishman", as we call him--he's not exactly my boss.  I'm just a summer student, working for a physicist named Muon2.  But you could say that the Irishman is sort of our benefactor.  Anyway, neither of them even knows that I'm here, doing this.

RickRoll: Because the future version of this Irishman told you not to say anything to his present version?

PiT (The Physicist)Sad Exactly.  He told me that there was a tornado that ripped through here yesterday, and that it sent a hobo and a talking dog into the future, to the year 2029.  He then told me that this hobo and talking dog were going to need your help in the future, so he gave me instructions for how to make this pill, and told me to arrange for you to use it to hibernate until then, so that you could then wake up in 16 years, and help them out.

He was right about that tornado.  Predicted that, even when the forecasters were doubting, so I'm going to trust him on everything else.

RickRoll: But that doesn't make any sense.  If he has a time machine, then why doesn't he just pick me up, and take me to the future?

PiT (The Physicist)Sad Ah, well yes, I can see why that might be confusing.  That's where my own current research comes in.  You see, it turns out that humans lose much of their memory when they travel through time.  Unless you want your brain to be cooked when you make the trip, you'll have to take the pill, and just hibernate for the next 16 years.

RickRoll: But if you lose your memory when your travel through time, then how could this Irishman remember what he was doing when he traveled back to see you?

PiT (The Physicist)Sad Let's just say he's special.  So how about it?  Are you going to do this or not?

RickRoll: This whole thing is pretty sketchy....reminds me of this time in college, when Bushie mixed up his heart medication with my allergy pills, and....

PiT (The Physicist)Sad Are you going to do it or not?  [Again, holding up the pill to RickRoll.]

[RickRoll then grabs the pill out of PiT's hand, and stares at it again.]

RickRoll: I guess I can't really turn it down.  I've always wanted to travel into space, but technology isn't moving fast enough now.....if I could slow down my ageing to a crawl for 16 years, maybe I could skip ahead in human history a bit, and end up somewhere where space travel for the common man is more realistic......So yes, I'm going to do it.

You say you just want me to help out this hobo and this dog?  That's the bargain?  After that, I'm free to do whatever I want?

PiT (The Physicist)Sad Yes, that's right.

Oh, and I almost forgot.  There's one other thing about the hobo that I should warn you about......

January 2029, the exterior of a burned out, abandoned building on the outskirts of Salt Lake City.  All around the building, we see a series of raging gun battles between US military commandos, local crime gangs, and Mormon militias.

We now switch perspective to the interior of the building, where we see Hog, Blondie, and Twister, huddled together in the basement, bracing themselves as the building occasionally shakes, due to all the explosions from the fighting outside.

Twister: (sarcastically) OK, so we have no idea where in this town we're supposed to find this Irishman fellow?  Because I think we've searched this basement pretty thoroughly.  Which of you wants to volunteer to go out and check the yard?

Blondie: Sorry, but I'm just a dog.  I wouldn't know how to handle myself in a war, or whatever it is they're doing out there.  I'd probably just dig a hole and hide.....might as well do that in here.

(to Twister) So you don't think the Moderate Heroes are coming back for us?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2014, 07:10:51 AM »

Twister: Nope, not a chance.  You've seen how they are.  They'll only meet you halfway on something, and it was a trick just to get them to take us this far.

Hog: Never mind them, what about Bushie?  He's supposed to be guiding us here, and what does he do?  Have us come to this city to look for this time machine, not telling us where to look when we get here.....and he's gone missing.  He hasn't appeared to us since this morning.  Where is he now?  He's left us here to die!

[Holo-Bushie has appeared, and the trio react to his appearance.]

Hog: Bushie?  Where the frak have you been?  You abandoned us again, and we were kidnapped by trolls.

I'm sorry about that Hog.  But it looks like the Lord was looking out for you, as you managed to escape in the end.

Hog: So you're not even going to try to make up an excuse this time?  Where have you been?  You said you were going to "worship service", but how long ago was that?  10 hours ago?

I'm sorry Hog, but there were some big football games on today, and I'm allowed to have my own life, aren't I?  You're from the South too, so you should know how important football is.  There's nothing wrong with spending much of the day watching football.  Maybe it's not what everybody else does.  But it's what I do.  And there's nothing wrong with it.

Blondie: OK, fine Bushie.  It's just that you're supposed to be guiding us to this Irishman person, so that we can get home.  If you don't check in on us all day when we're in hostile territory, bad things will happen.

I'm done with this.  You don't have to be so harsh.  Just let me live my own life.  I'm not going to answer any more questions about this.

Blondie: All right, well then, before we go on, maybe we should introduce you to Twister here.

Ah yes, nice to meet you Mr. Twister.

[Blondie pauses in thought for a second as Bushie offers his greeting.]

Blondie: Actually.....wait a minute.  Twister, you can see him?

Twister: Yep.  Sure can.  Hello Bushie.

Blondie: Bushie, I thought you said that only Hog plus children under 5 plus animals plus people who went to college with you could see you in this holographic form.  What gives?

Well.....yes, I think I did say that, didn't I?  Ummmm.....hmmmm...are you sure you didn't go to college with me, Mr. Twister?

Twister: I may have been a "professor" at a number of institutions, but I'm fairly certain I would remember you, Bushie.

Well....I don't know then....maybe something wrong with my hologram.  But can we move on, please?  This is my thread.....er.....my conversation.  I'd like to talk about things that *I'm* interested in.  Like how to get you to the Irishman, so you can use his time machine.

I'm fairly certain that if you make your way to the Xerox headquarters in the city, you'll be able to get the information you need on reaching the Irishman.

Twister: Bushie, you're like Barack Obama, starting to pack up his belongings in the White House before the 2012 election, just in case he loses, and has to move out.

Twister: You're planning for things that may never happen.  There's a war out there or something.  What's happening in this city?

[Twister shoots Bushie a suspicious look.]

It's the US military attacking the local militias.  (angrily) I told Naso to give me 48 hours, but he....(Bushie trails off, realizing that he's said something that he shouldn't)

Twister: Bushie, what are you on about?  You know why these troops are here today, attacking the militias in the city, but you won't say?  You made up some pathetic story about who can see your hologram, but got called out on it?  You called me Aizen, even though I was introduced to you as Twister?

And then......you said that there were important football games on today.  But you're supposed to be talking to us from August 2035.  What important games are on in August?

No, I don't think you're even telling the truth about projecting yourself from the future.  You're talking to us from *today*, January 21, 2029, aren't you?  Today's the NFL conference championship games, and those are the games you were watching, weren't they?

[holo-Bushie is clearly flustered, and now finally erupts in anger:]

I was talking, and........this is my thread!  MY STORY!  WHY ARE YOU TAKING OVER MY UPDATE BY POINTING OUT INCONSISTENCIES?!?

[holo-Bushie now looks over to Hog and Blondie, who are now staring at him in disbelief.]

I um.....I'm sorry.  I really do feel guilty about this.

[holo-Bushie's face seems to change again now, as if he's taking off a mask and revealing his true colors.]

I know I changed my story, but if you're going to be like that, then we'll have to do this the hard way.

[holo-Bushie turns around, looking towards the entrance to the basement.  Two robots, not unlike those we saw in Episode 20, come down the stairs, and enter the room.  They are both armed.]

Blondie, Hog, Twister....meet my two robot companions, nkpatel1279 and pbrower2a.  They'll be escorting you to the Xerox building whether you like it or not.

TO BE CONTINUED....
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2014, 10:18:21 AM »

I'd think t_host1 would be a better choice for a robot companion than pbrower2a,
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2014, 08:49:27 PM »

I'd think t_host1 would be a better choice for a robot companion than pbrower2a,

I haven't read much of t_host1, so I wouldn't be able to replicate his posting style.  And pbrower's weird posting style involves coming up with crazy maps, which I think I'll incorporate later.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2014, 08:31:34 AM »

Episode 22 (2x02) "He's Not Getting To Me, So I'm Fine With It"

July 2008, Mitt Romney's mansion in Boston, MA

[It's night time, and Mitt and Ann Romney are in bed.  Ann is trying to get to sleep, but Mitt is wide awake, staring up at the ceiling.]

Ann Romney: Willard, what's wrong?  You look distracted.  You have that big interview with Sen. McCain tomorrow, which could get you on his final running mate short list.  Shouldn't you be getting some sleep?

Mitt Romney: Gosh Ann, you're right.  You're as right as the indefinite detention of terrorist suspects at Guantanamo Bay, or the definition of marriage as the union of one man and one woman.

But I can't sleep.  Not after Winfield showed me what the internet was saying about me today.

[Ann now looks concerned.]

Ann Romney: What are people saying?

Mitt Romney: Well, Winfield didn't want me to see it, but I happened to look over his shoulder, when he was at the computer, browsing this online forum that he frequents, "US Election Atlas".  It's run by a local boy here in the commonwealth of Massachusetts, Mr. David Leip.

Anyway, I saw what was on Winfield's screen.  It was a discussion thread that one of the regulars on that forum started, titled "Aizen's unbiased analysis of Mitt Romney".

Ann Romney: I see.  And what was this "unbiased analysis"?

Mitt Romney: (tears welling up in his eyes) The author of that discussion thread said......

That is, he *wrote* the word "bad" 541 times.  And then he wrote "LOL".  And then "bad" again, another 134 times.

Ann Romney: L-O-L?

Mitt Romney: That's what the kids today are saying in their "instant messagings" and "you tubes".  Winfield tried to spare my feelings when I questioned him about it, but I looked it up later.  "L-O-L" stands for "laugh out loud".  The author of that thread was laughing out loud at me, after having written "bad" 541 times?  Do you realize how much he must hate me in order to type that out so many times?

Darn it all, Ann.  Darn it all to heck.  I just cannot fathom how I could inspire so much vitriol in people.  It's kind of a non sequitur, if you will, and what I mean by that -- or a null set.

Ann Romney: (sympathetically) Willard, you don't know who this person is, do you?  It's just one man's opinion.

Mitt Romney: Gosh, Ann.  I understand that.  But this fellow was from Colorado, a critical swing state.  Not only that, but his "avatar" was red, which as we both know is a color that has represented the Republican Party in the popular press since at least the 2000 election.  I can't imagine that Mr. Leip allows just anyone to voice his opinions on that fantastic website of his.  So I can only conclude that this fellow is a fairly representative Republican from the great state of Colorado.

Ann Romney: I'm sorry Willard.  I really am sorry.  What did you say this young man's name was again?

[We now have a close up on Mitt Romney's face.]

Mitt Romney: His name is Aizen.

January 2029, the interior of the Salt Lake City building at which the previous episode ended

[Bushie has just threatened Blondie, Hog, and Twister with the two robots who just entered the room.  The first of the two robots, nkpatel1279, introduces himself:]

nkpatel1279: During the 2010 Senate election cycle. the vulnerable DEM seats were
AR-Lincoln, CA-Boxer, CO-Bennet, CT-OPEN,DE-OPEN-before O'Donnell,IL-OPEN,IN-OPEN,NV-Reid,ND-OPEN,PA-Specter/Sestak,WA-Murray,WV-OPEN,and WI-Feingold.
ND and IN were Solid Republican takeovers the moment DEM incumbents Dorgan-ND and Bayh-IN announced their retirements. Lincoln-AR was guarenteed to lose the moment Boozman-R announced his challenge.  Democrats became less vulnerable in CT-when Dodd retired, Blumenthal became the nominee, McMahon-R was the GOP nominee. and DE-when O'Donnell won the GOP nomination. WV-Manchin-D was popular and Raese was gaffe prone.
The open DEM seats in IL and PA which pitted generic DEM vs generic REP. was basically a tossup. In IL the DEM nominee was damaged goods and in PA it was the national environment.

[Then it's pbrower's turn:]

pbrower2a: In a 2008 US presidential election scenario in which Giuliani is the Republican nominee, but a conservative third party candidate runs as well, you end up with:

Obama     411
Giuliani       66
Third Party candidate    71

Third Party, essentially conservative with a Southern base. Obama wins everything that he won in real life + MO, MT, AZ, WV,  NE-01 and MS.

The conservative vote splits enough to allow Obama to win West Virginia; conservatives split the white vote in most of the South but only enough to allow Obama to win Mississippi in a 38-32-30 split. Texas gets a similar split for Giuliani, where George Bush actively campaigns for him. That's the elder George H.W. Bush, of course. Georgia barely goes to the Southern conservative in a similar split.

Blondie: What is this about Bushie?  I don't understand.

(now sounding even more serious than he was before, his face emotionless) I meant just what I said.  These two fine robots will escort you to the Xerox building.....by force if necessary.

Hog: (to Bushie) Why you vile piece of.......you've been lying to us all along.  About everything!

No, no.  Not at all.  Most of what I've told you is true.  The Irishman does exist.  And he does have a time machine.  And you are going to help my employer find him....what are you doing?

[Hog hurls a rock at Bushie, but of course it passes right through him since he's a hologram.

Nonetheless, nkpatel reacts, by approaching Hog, now aiming his weapon]

nkpatel1279: Going into 2010, Dan Hynes was challenging Pat Quinn in the Illinois gubernatorial primary.  The only time Hynes faced a tough primary was the 2004 IL US Senate Race when he made a poor 2nd place showing against Barack Obama. Quinn has a mixed record of winning and losing primaries. He first ran for Statewide elected office in 1986- Treasurer challenging a current and former State Treasurer in the primary- He finished a close 3rd place finish. He narrowly won the 1990 IL State Treasurer's position in both the primary and general election by a 56-44 percent margin. In 1994- Quinn gave up the Treasurer's position to run for Secretary of State against George Ryan- in a pro Republican Year and Jim Edgar being on top of the ticket. Quinn lost by a landslide margin. Quinn made a comeback in 1996 for US Senate-lost in primary to Dick Durbin by a landslide. He narrowly lost in the primary for Lt Governor in 1998. He ran for Lt Governor again in 2002- won a three way primary with 42% of the popular vote. The Blagojevich-Quinn ticket won the Governorship in 2002 and re-elected in 2006. Quinn became Governor in 2009 after Blago's impeachment and removal. Had Lisa Madigan ran- she would have defeated Quinn in ther primary--

[And then, as nkpatel continues to ramble on, a large explosion rocks the entire building, and debris falls down from the ceiling, some of which hits Hog and renders him unconscious......]

Winfield's bunker, interior hallway

[Hog is on the edge of consciousness.  He's walking through this unfamiliar hallway, except.....no, not walking exactly.  He realizes that he's essentially being dragged through the hallway by the two robots he encountered in the basement.

Oddly enough, he can see a young kid in his peripheral vision....it's Yougo1000, who he recognizes from the warehouse in Arkansas City (Episode 12).]

Yougo1000: 1983 Time travel is invented.

2013 Hog and Blondie go forward in time to 2029.

2029 Hog helps Winfield find the time machine, and Winfield uses it to make Mitt Romney president of the United States.

[Finally, the robots take Hog to some kind of jail cell, open the door, and toss him in.

holding cell in Winfield's bunker, interior

Hog lies on the floor in pain, but looks up and sees that the cell is actually rather spacious.....and includes a large table with several maps sprawled over it.  A bearded man with pale skin who appears to be in his 50s sits at the table looking over the maps, but gets up when he sees Hog.  He walks over to Hog, to help him to his feet.]

Man: Do I know you sir?  You look familiar.

Hog: Not as far as I know.

Man: Well, forgive me if I'm speaking out of turn here, but you don't look well.

Hog: No, I guess I wouldn't look well.  Not after being betrayed by Bushie.  Maybe if I'd been more successful in attacking him back in 2013, he wouldn't be alive today, and....

Man: Ah, User Number 1387, yes, he comes to visit me from time to time.  Never had any problem with him myself.

[Hog looks around, absorbing his surroundings.  Still clutching his injured right shoulder with his left hand, as he sits down.]

Hog: I don't know what happend to my friends.  A man and a dog.  They were with me when we got attacked....but there was some kind of explosion and I lost consciousness.

Where am I?  What is this place?

Man: Fredward's Salt Lake City bunker.  Or at least, it used to be Fredward's bunker, but he's been gone for a long time.  Probably dead.  I don't know, as I've been in captivity here for some time, and don't know everything that's going on in the outside world.  User Number 287 (aka "Winfield")....he's the one running this facility now.

Hog: And who are you?

Man: Oh, my apologies.  I meant to introduce myself.  I am the Atlas administrator, Dave Leip.

Thanks,
Dave

TO BE CONTINUED....
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2014, 08:55:56 AM »
« Edited: March 06, 2014, 12:50:36 AM by Mr. Morden »

Episode 23 (2x03)  "I'm Tired Of Feeling Pathetic"

Summer 1995, Mitt Romney's mansion in Boston, MA

[A teenage Winfield is arguing with his mother in the kitchen, as she attempts to cook dinner.]

Winfield: But mother, these summer school classes do nothing to offer intellectual stimulation, nor do they provide me with any depth of knowledge in the subjects in which I am most interested.

For example, I have been attending this history course for weeks, and we have yet to spend one day discussing the public offices held by presidential and vice presidential candidates.

In addition, I regret to inform you Mother that in the days since the passing of the late Governor Romney of Michigan, my classmates have been teasing me about my association with the Romney family.  They claim that the late governor was bad for racial minorities, simply because he was a Republican!

Mother Winfield: Now listen to me, Winfield.  You'll just have to stand up to those bullies.  You need to educate them about their civil rights history.  You must never forget that it was a Republican who freed the slaves!

Winfield: But mother--

Mother Winfield: I don't want to hear it, my son.  You know how to argue with those people.  Just engage them in the same fashion that you do so on Usenet, or whatever other online medium is in use here in the year 1995.  You know, use creative adjectives, break things up into short paragraphs, with a good deal of bolding, capitalization, and underlining.

If those hoodlums try to disparage Gov. Romney's civil rights record, well.....you just remind them that Gov. Romney marched with the late Dr. Martin Luther King.  Master Romney saw it with his own eyes!

Winfield: (changing the subject now) Mother, what will become of us?

Mother Winfield: What do you mean, dear?

Winfield: You saw how Master Romney reacted when he received news of his father's passing.  He was no longer the same man.

I find that I can barely contemplate a world in which Master Romney does not stand above the Earth like a towering colossus, the master of all that he surveys.

But now......he lost the election to Sen. Kennedy in November, and now his father dies, leaving him a shell of his former self?  How can our lives have meaning from this point onwards?

[Mother Winfield is about to say something in response, but they both hear a car pulling into one of the many driveways on the Romney estate.]

Mother Winfield: What do you know?  That must be them coming right now...your father and Master Romney, returning from the funeral in Detroit.

January 2029, Winfield's bunker, interior holding cell

[Dave Leip has just introduced himself to Hog, as the Atlas administrator.]

Hog: The Atlas administrator?  So you ran that website that Update was posted on?

Dave: Ah, so you're familiar with Update?  Yes, I was the administrator of that website, though I left the day to day maintenance of the forums to the moderation staff.  I was not even aware of this "Update" until User Number 1387 informed me of it.

Thanks,
Dave

Hog: User Number 1387?

Dave: My apologies.  I am referring to BushOklahoma or "Bushie", as you referred to him.  As I said, he comes to visit me in this cell, from time to time.  I know him as User Number 1387, because that was his designation on the Atlas forum.

Thanks,
Dave

Hog: Well, either way, he betrayed me.  And by the way, if you are the administrator of Atlas, I guess I met some of your former moderators yesterday in Oklahoma.

[Dave hangs his head in shame.]

Dave: It is a great tragedy.  I entrusted User Number 11 (that is, Nym) with the forum, but.....as I understand it, he abused his power greatly from 2014 onwards, in response to the troll invasion.  I'm afraid I was unable to do anything to stop him, as I was held hostage by User Number 287 (Winfield).  User Number 11 and the other mods kept PMing me for assistance--and to his credit, User Number 287 did deliver to me every PM that was sent to my Inbox while in captivity here--but I was not allowed to respond.

Thanks,
Dave

Hog: So who is this Winfield then?

Dave: He was working with Fredward at first, but as I said, I haven't seen Fredward in years, so I think User Number 287 is now running the Islamist insurgency himself.

Thanks,
Dave

Hog: So Winfield is a bigtime Islamist then?

Dave: Oh no, no, not at all.  He's not even a Muslim.  You see--

[And at that moment, an nkpatel1279 unit approaches the cell door and opens it, announcing.....

nkpatel1279: [to Hog] You will be escorted to the infirmary to receive medical attention.

[The cell is open, nkpatel1279 grabs Hog by his right arm, which causes him to wince in pain.  But nkpatel1279 leads him out of the cell, closing and locking it behind him, to leave Dave alone once again, with his maps.  nkpatel marches Hog down the hallway.]

nkpatel1279: Also.....
During the 2000 election 3 1994 Class Republican US Senators lost re-election.
Abraham-MI who lost to Stabenow(D)-a generic DEM challenger due to Gore coattails.
Grams-MN- an accidental rightwing conservative from DEM leaning swing state- Lost to Dayton.
Ashcroft-MO- lost to the recently deceased popular Governor Mel Carnahan.......

outskirts of Salt Lake City, exterior cityscape

[We see much of the city in ruins, as it's largely been destroyed in battle.  We focus on one building in particular, as a few of Winfield's robots are entering from the street......

.....and then we pan back to a pile of rubble, about 100 yards away.  Blondie peers through the rubble, staring at the building that the robots just entered, but trying to hide from the view of anyone who might be watching from that building.

Blondie was separated from the others earlier, when the ceiling collapsed in that basement of the building where they were confronted by holo-Bushie and the robots.  He didn't see what happened to Twister, but when the dust cleared, he was able to chase down nkpatel1279 and pbrower2a, who were carrying Hog's unconscious body across town to this location.  Blondie stayed far enough behind them that he didn't think they saw him, but he did see *them* enter this building that was now before him.  What was he going to do?  Try to rescue Hog on his own?

Blondie was lost in his thoughts, when he heard a sound behind him.  Sounded like there was some rubble shifting around, so he turned his head to take a look, and he saw.....

.....a man in a ski mask, who held a rag in front of his face, which he shoved into Blondie's face.  Blondie noticed that the rag smelled terrible, and it caused him to lose consciousness......]

TO BE CONTINUED....
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2014, 06:00:58 AM »

When does Russ Powers make an appearance?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2014, 07:44:07 AM »

When does Russ Powers make an appearance?

No promises on that one.  I'll have to think about it.  The timeline here obviously diverges from real life in the summer of 2013, when there's the SCOTUS ruling on gay marriage, so Bushie doesn't stick around in the USA to go through the CAD class.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2014, 07:42:53 AM »

Episode 24 (2x04) "I Got An Unexpected Surprise"

Summer 1983, Mitt Romney's mansion in Boston, MA

[Winfield, as a toddler, is coloring in his coloring book of maps.  He's in one of the first floor rooms of the Romney estate, working on said coloring, as a caged dog in the corner of the room looks on.  His mother enters the room, and starts picking up Winfield's US president flashcards, which he's left sprawled all over the floor.  She scolds young Winfield:]

Mother Winfield: Winfield!  You know better than to leave all your toys out on the floor here!  Your father and Master Romney do business in here all the time.  They won't appreciate your untidiness.

Winfield: My apologies mother.  But I believe that in a contest of contributions to the entropy of this humble abode, I am not the worst offender here.

Mother Winfield: Yes, I know that the Romney children are messy as well, but we're just servants here, Winfield.  You should just be grateful that Master Romney lets you live here with his family.

[Winfield now looks at the dog locked in the cage in the corner of the room.]

Winfield: Mother, I have greatly enjoyed playing with Seamus in the past.  Good dog, loyal, refuses to be intimidated, knows many tricks.

Why is he no longer allowed to come out of his cage?  Please discuss.

Mother Winfield: Oh, Winfield.  You know the answer to that.  Seamus has reacted badly to the experimental drugs he's been getting.  That's why the Romneys are taking him along with them on their family trip to Canada next week.  There's a special vet there who'll be able to check him out.

[This answer seems to satisfy Winfield....his mother leaves the room, and he goes back to coloring his maps.  We then pan over to the dog, Seamus, in the cage in the corner of the room, who stares at Winfield intently.

We continue on Seamus, as we hear Mitt Romney and another man enter the room, locked in serious conversation.  They barely seem to even notice either Seamus or Winfield, as they continue to talk amongst themselves.  We pan over to Winfield, who continues to color his maps, and pays no attention to Romney or the other man.  Romney drops a binder on the coffee table, and he and the other man then leave the room.

And then.....Seamus speaks:]

Seamus: (whispering, so no one can hear him in the other room) Winfield?

[Winfield turns to face the dog, looking nervous.]

Seamus: Yes, Winfield, I can speak.  I'm a dog, yet I can speak.  I know you heard me the other day as well.

[Winfield just stares at Seamus, nervously, not understanding what's going on.]

Seamus: You're not going to tell anyone else I can speak, are you?  It's just our secret, isn't it?  In any case, they wouldn't believe you if you told them.

[Winfield continues to stare back at him, still in shock over the fact that a dog is talking to him.]

Seamus: OK then, here's what I want you to do.  Pick up that binder, and bring it to me here in this cage, so I can skim through it quickly, before anyone else enters this room.

[Winfield stares at the binder that Mitt Romney just dropped onto the coffee table minutes ago.]

Seamus: You heard me.  Pick it up, and bring it to me.

[Winfield picks the binder up hesitantly, then slowly marches it over to Seamus's cage, before sliding it through the bars to reach him inside.  Remarkably, Seamus, despite being a dog, is able to thumb through it quickly, and reads through the contents of the binder.  He appears to be taken aback by what he sees.  And then we transitions to....]

January 2029, Winfield's bunker, infirmary

[Hog is sitting up on a table, as a medical droid works on his arm.  Winfield (that is, the adult Winfield, now ~46 years older than the toddler version we saw in the last scene) enters the room.]

Winfield: Mr. Hog!  My congratulations to you on managing to travel through time to join me here today.  Allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Winfield, custodian of this esteemed facility.  I must apologize for the untidiness of this facility, but the custodial staff here are largely devout Mormons, and it's Sunday.  Only Bushie and the robots are asked to work here on weekends.

Hog: So you're the one in charge here, huh?  Why did you bring me here, and what have you done with my friends?

Winfield: What have I done to your friends?

Well, isn't it masterful to see that you hold me in such esteem?  That you assign responsibility for your friends' welfare to me?

No, no, I am truly unworthy of this high regard you hold me in.

You are too kind.

Though it is gratifying to know that I am so beloved by you---

Hog: Cut the crap.  I was with this guy named Twister, and my dog Blondie, when we were ambushed by your robots.  Where are they now?

Winfield: I'm afraid I do not have that information.  My loyal robots have informed me that the roof collapsed on them, and when they dug their way out, they found you, and only you, unconscious in the rubble.

But forget about your friends, Mr. Hog.  I do regret the crude means by which we were compelled to apprehend you, but I think you will find my offer to be quite generous.

Hog: Your offer?

Winfield: Indeed.

You see, Mr. Hog, in my estimation you have two problems.

First, you are trapped in what is 16 years in the future, from your perspective.

Second, you have lost your memory, and don't know who you are.

[And we flash back to a scene from the very first episode...]

Hobo: I don't actually know my real name.  I have amnesia.  That is, everything before about 2008 is kind of a fog.  Tried to find out who I was, but I lost the will to keep looking for clues, became destitute, and found release in the orgies I participate in.  Anyway, the only name I know is the one I've taken on for myself, Hog.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies