The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:52:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 207351 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1850 on: October 07, 2016, 12:41:03 AM »

I'd like to remind everyone that this guy also said that deflation, even if it results in a recession or depression, is something he prefers to even a small amount of inflation since there's no guarantee his own salary will always keep up with inflation...so basically millions of people being laid off is a preferable outcome to losing <1% of his purchasing power.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1851 on: October 07, 2016, 12:47:43 AM »

I'd like to remind everyone that this guy also said that deflation, even if it results in a recession or depression, is something he prefers to even a small amount of inflation since there's no guarantee his own salary will always keep up with inflation...so basically millions of people being laid off is a preferable outcome to losing <1% of his purchasing power.

Yep. Jaichind in a nutshell. And the fact he posts in a moderated restrained tone tends to play down the utterly horrid views, or even that he realizes more than a modicum of the impact on anyone outside his bubble.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1852 on: October 07, 2016, 12:52:09 AM »

Yep. Jaichind in a nutshell. And the fact he posts in a moderated restrained tone tends to play down the utterly horrid views, or even that he realizes more than a modicum of the impact on anyone outside his bubble.

In all fairness he's still better than krazen or seatown, who given the choice of keeping their own job and millions of people also doing so or keeping their own job and millions of people being laid off as well, would choose the latter if it was a certain type of people being laid off.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1853 on: October 07, 2016, 01:40:38 AM »

The really kind-of-hilarious thing about Jaichind is that he perfectly embodies the model individual that modern economic theory is based on. Every orthodox work of the past 40 years or so is based on the assumption "what if humanity was only composed of Jaichinds?"
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #1854 on: October 07, 2016, 02:18:01 AM »

If I was DNC chair, I would make getting back WV a top priority. Make it very clear that anti-coal democrats are in the wrong, in fact, kick them out of the party if they won't change their views. Make being pro-coal one of the first things the democratic platform lists, and stress its importance. Apologize over and over again in TV ads for your pure stupidity, recklessness, and destruction of jobs in being anti-coal. Say that you are thankful for the punishment the state gave the democratic party, and have learned from it.

The National Democratic party's coal position is WRONG! JOBS, JOBS, JOBS!
Anti-Bothsidesism
Somenamelessfool
United States

« Reply #1855 on: October 07, 2016, 08:53:42 AM »

Where's Icespear when we need him?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1856 on: October 07, 2016, 08:58:24 AM »

If I was DNC chair, I would make getting back WV a top priority. Make it very clear that anti-coal democrats are in the wrong, in fact, kick them out of the party if they won't change their views. Make being pro-coal one of the first things the democratic platform lists, and stress its importance. Apologize over and over again in TV ads for your pure stupidity, recklessness, and destruction of jobs in being anti-coal. Say that you are thankful for the punishment the state gave the democratic party, and have learned from it.

The position on prostitution is WRONG too! JOBS, JOBS, JOBS!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1857 on: October 07, 2016, 09:58:31 AM »

Franklin Roosevelt would have left the Democratic Party even sooner than Cynthia McKinney.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1858 on: October 07, 2016, 04:37:38 PM »

He's a ladies man. What do you expect ladies men to be, weak sissies? Trump is not a sissy. He may be done, but I'm sure Hillary has said lewd and seductive things to men before she married Bill Clinton.

bronz has to be performance art at this point.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1859 on: October 07, 2016, 07:55:02 PM »

Thank you for posting this directly into this thread.

Yes, we need jobs, but coal is simply unsustainable.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1860 on: October 07, 2016, 07:59:29 PM »

I think this thread will be getting a new title tonight.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1861 on: October 09, 2016, 09:47:38 AM »

This poor soul.

All Trump has to do now is defend himself and win this debate and the election will shift in his favor again. Wikileaks is expected to release more emails over the next 2 weeks, which should be crippling for Hillary. Her statements about the middle class are cringe-worthy.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1862 on: October 09, 2016, 10:13:25 AM »

as i have heard the american people are wary of hope and change after 8 year of the hope and change candidate.

hope was the message from the democratic convention, the republican one sounded more like salvation. (would explain all those evangelical leaders endorsing him)

success...well, i give you that, but it's the kind of success which only works if you screw everyone else. if the choice is between america and his own interets...i would be quite worried.

The difference is that Hillary can be influenced by donors & big banks, but yet Trump is his own man and would make decisions in the best interest of the American people. The American dream will be restored and all would be granted prosperity yet again, we need a doer and someone who is proactive in the White House and can't afford Hillary to win, she will only bring more of the same.

And Trump isn't influenced by big banks and donors? His business is built on debt and is a spider web of criminal activity and conflicting debt. He'd sell out the country for a buck in a second and then blame everyone else for it.

He would never do that, this man is authentic and a truth teller. Hillary, on the other hand, does anything she's told to do and is a puppet. She is a total liar and she has no respect for working people or life.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1863 on: October 09, 2016, 01:30:39 PM »

If Kaine or Clinton said this, you guys would have a very different response.

Are you kidding me? I'd call it out for the utter bullsh**t it is, no matter who says it. Anti-science rhetoric is the absolute worst, and Creationism is just about the worst form of anti-science rhetoric.

Creationism /=/ anti-science. Lumping Young Earth like Pence excludes Old Earth, Progressive, and Theistic Evolution, all forms of Creationism that are not anti-science.

Evolution /=/ the origins of life. Creationism == anti-science.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1864 on: October 09, 2016, 04:25:58 PM »

There is actually something I agree with Pence more than I agree with Democratic ticket!
You don't see that everyday.
This won't last. Trump will say something about *insert minority group here*.

You're a creationist!?

Yes, he's a Muslim.

Just as not all Christians are anti-science creationists, neither are all Muslims. It's not a given.

I know you weren't suggesting that, but I wanted to show that I can be reasonable sometimes. Wink

Creation is not anti-science. Theistic Evolution proves that.

Science, by definition, cannot have anything to say about a deity. Anything that requires or suggests a theistic (a supernatural) explanation for anything is non-scientific, by definition.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1865 on: October 09, 2016, 04:35:08 PM »

Stop.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1866 on: October 09, 2016, 04:41:57 PM »

The Obamanation, your participation in this thread is as useful as a potted cactus in a monkey's pajamas.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1867 on: October 09, 2016, 11:18:54 PM »

The Obamanation, your participation in this thread is as useful as a potted cactus in a monkey's pajamas.

Why isn't the Funny Posts thread named for you again?
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1868 on: October 09, 2016, 11:46:18 PM »

I dunno, I have fairly eclectic decorating instincts (to my wife's chagrin), but I may actually have use for potted cactus in monkey pajamas.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1869 on: October 10, 2016, 06:02:40 AM »

Yes, she's been finished since she was nominated. She's toast now.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #1870 on: October 10, 2016, 06:36:26 PM »

This is the average white American male. He's happy to normalize and even glorify physical and emotional domination, violation, and abuse of everyone that isn't him.
Actually, legitimately curious as to whether this is something that should be reported to a moderator.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #1871 on: October 10, 2016, 06:40:01 PM »

This is the average white American male. He's happy to normalize and even glorify physical and emotional domination, violation, and abuse of everyone that isn't him.
Actually, legitimately curious as to whether this is something that should be reported to a moderator.

This ain't the first time LiberalPA has said something like this.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1872 on: October 10, 2016, 06:40:32 PM »

It's true though.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1873 on: October 10, 2016, 06:42:06 PM »

My posting this here shouldn't be taken to imply full agreement with the post it's responding to, but Jesus Christ what a vapid and cavalier attitude towards human relationships:

All divorce is horrible divorce.  But, no-fault divorce has created the idea in our culture that marriage doesn't have to be permanent.  This has led to less commitment on the part of spouses and the decline in family values.  We need to stop with this culture that accepts one-night stands, casual sex, and divorce without a valid reason!!

It's time for you to grow up and leave your little fantasy world. To maintain a stable marriage in the 21st Century, people have to know if they're compatible with their partner sexually before making a long term commitment to them. Marriage shouldn't have to be permanent, and anyone who thinks so is a regressive nutcase stuck in the 19th Century. Women are not the property of their husbands, as much as you'd love for them to be. They should not be forced to stay in a marriage they don't want to be in any more. Period. Lastly, casual sex is a wonderful thing that should be encouraged, not suppressed. The world needs more sex, not less.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #1874 on: October 10, 2016, 06:55:02 PM »

It's true though.

It's really not. The amount of White men that would agree with Trump's comments are minority.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies