The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:20:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery  (Read 90331 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« on: February 15, 2015, 02:00:50 PM »

Endorsed title.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 09:32:06 AM »

Wow, five posts in and not a single "good post" yet. This thread is off to a "good" start.

Seriously. And as much as Spade could make excellent points (when he occassionally would refrain from being needlessly cryptic or an outright a**hole), the above posts don't belong anywhere near ANY thread, let alone a 'Good Post Gallery'

Come to thing of it, that'll be fixed momentarily.....

Reported for trolling.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 10:50:43 AM »

George my friend, it's times like this I wish I had ready access to a middle finger emoticon. Wink

Just making sure you're not going all Inks on us.  Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 11:17:29 AM »

WWSS think of this thread?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 10:43:08 AM »

I'm glad this tribute thread survived and no slam to Nathan or anvi, but this is the original.  Long Live Sam Spade!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 10:25:26 AM »

Just a reminder: We do not ban people on Good Atlas. We don't even really delete posts (I think we've deleted a total of two, maybe three). Please join us if you want a forum run fairly, where posters are treated with respect and moderators don't spend their days playing detective and trying to ban posters.

Or you can post here, where posters are banned without being given the chance to defend themselves because they all happen to be posting from the same city of 8.5 million people.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 02:16:11 PM »

While I disagree with Averroes about the Trump campaign, I strongly concurr with what he says in the first part of his post.

This isn't a case of someone saying "ok, let's put William F Buckley in the poll" or "Despite him being in the undercard debate we'll put Jim Gilmore there". In those cases it would be understandable if you decided to delete the polls.

But this wasn't the case. We are talking about the frontrunner of the party who decided to boycott a debate a couple of days before the start of the primaries, even though he was qualified for it and whose non attendance was the cause of a media sh**tstorm for the past few days. How is that not relevant to the debate? If a lot of people watched the friggin thing and found it to be extremely boring and that all were terrible or the only thing they could think about was "Why isn't Trump here?" then the Donald Trump option should be definitely be included in the poll (hell, it could even stan in for a none of the above option). I can't see how that isn't logical.

Apart from the Time poll I mentioned, Torie also talked about the Politico poll, and Lief even mentioned lots of pundints talking about it.

Those polls were deleted because the mods apparently have a personal dislike about Trump, this wasn't about following some "rules" Dave Leip created.

Pretty sad since this used to be an excellent forum.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 10:43:27 AM »

You won't get anywhere on this site of nanny staters, friend.  Liberty is but an inconvenience in the strive for a perfect society.

Amen.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 11:56:09 AM »

I don't think I've ever been in here, thanks Grumps. Wink

Hey I have almost 40,000 posts and I've never been here, so you're doing fine, Tom.  Wink
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 01:38:07 PM »

A diplomat of an oppressive regime that has slaughtered thousands of innocent people. Remember the FF yelled "remember Aleppo!"

You inbred imbecile, can you see the f**king salute he gives with his left hand. IT'S ISIS SALUTE, YOU HORRIBLE EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN BEING. SO NOT ONLY DO YOU CELEBRATE THE MURDER OF A CIVILIAN, YOU CELEBRATE ISIS, BECAUSE YOU'RE EITHER TOO DAMN STUPID OR LAZY TO READ UP ON ANYTHING.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2017, 09:24:07 AM »

Hey, Feinstein, if he doesn't resign, how about you resign instead?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2017, 09:27:22 AM »

What are YOUR ideas on Tax Reform?

Simplify!!!!!!!!!

That a cottage industry has evolved to serve no purpose other than to help people "do their taxes" should be evidence enough that we need simplification.  I have never used a service, or software, to "do" my taxes, but I am constantly reminded that many (most?) people do.  Just the other day I was in the club working out with a colleague who asked me about my taxes and I mentioned that I didn't quite finish because I was printing PA40 form UE and my printer quit.  (Oh, it was a fine printer.  It is three years older than my son and has been faithfully printing since 2001, but it started to make a noise a few months ago so I knew it was coming.)  Anyway, he immediately said, "printed out forms?  You mean, you do it on forms with a pencil?  old school, man.  I use TurboTax."   

?!  This particular individual has a PhD in political science and he has to use software to "do" his taxes?!

I've been chastized and hounded by the feds.  Sometimes it's good.  Once they wrote, "We owe you one thousand dollars.  Please call this number if you dispute this."  Who would dispute that?  Of course I didn't call the number.  I awaited my one-thousand dollar check and was glad to receive it.  More often it's like this, "We have determined that you owe us six thousand, seven hundred, thirty-three dollars and forty-seven cents.  If you pay in the next two weeks there will be no additional interest or penalties..."  Or something like that.  Once they pissed me off so bad that I called them and had to go through about 20 minutes of menus, only to get "Our call volume is unusually busy at the moment.  Please call back at another time."  WTF??!  I wrote them a harshly-worded letter and disputed the amount that they claimed, as well as the interest rate they charged, and offered them about a third of what they wanted (I was being generous).  About a month later I got a letter that stated that my amount would be acceptable.

Mostly I don't make mistakes, but I have to set aside at least an entire weekend to do it.  It's insane. 

DECIDE HOW MUCH YOU NEED AND TAKE IT!  JUST FUCKING TAKE IT.  DON'T MAKE IT SO COMPLICATED.

That's all I'd suggest. 

AMEN!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2017, 11:29:00 AM »

Girl: Uh hey Sparky, are you just waiting around outside my class?
Sparky: N-n-no. I have been meaning to tel--
Girl: ...okay. Um. Well I have to go. I'm, er, busy.
Sparky: O-o-okay. *fidgets* Uh... I will follow you!
Girl:
Sparky: H-hey. Look at this bench. Why do you think someone would *cough* leave a flower there?
Girl:
Sparky (sweating profusely): Uhhh. W-will you marry me?
Girl: wtf no, get away from me you creep
Spark: Y-you match my... criteria for a suitable interest.
Girl: *running screaming for campus security*
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2017, 03:34:20 PM »

Positively disgusting. I wouldn't walk out on Bloomberg, who is just as despicable a person. Very poor behavior. You sit respectfully! The liberals are positively out of control at this point. Savages.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2017, 08:16:01 AM »

No.  (Sorry, Virginia)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2017, 09:45:12 AM »

Why are people uncomfortable with the idea of a good posts thread being names after a female?

I said that?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2017, 11:51:25 AM »

This "good post gallery" is literally named after a rape apologist / PUA MRA.

Who now exclusively posts on AAD.

Fair, though he has been largely MIA since October.

His vague predictions passing off as brilliance schtick fell apart, it seems.

Forgive the minor necroposting comma but just to reiterate my post from the other day that Spade is one of them overrated posters forum has had, and there are over a dozen better contenders to name this thread after.

So moved. Any seconds?

We can't use both threads why?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2017, 12:26:58 PM »

This "good post gallery" is literally named after a rape apologist / PUA MRA.

Who now exclusively posts on AAD.

Fair, though he has been largely MIA since October.

His vague predictions passing off as brilliance schtick fell apart, it seems.

Forgive the minor necroposting comma but just to reiterate my post from the other day that Spade is one of them overrated posters forum has had, and there are over a dozen better contenders to name this thread after.

So moved. Any seconds?

We can't use both threads why?

Wait a minute. That's right. There's a new good post Gallery renamed for Virginia. I just found it on the second page. When a mine thread is replaced, isn't the old one usually locked? Why wasn't this one? Why do we have two good post threads now?

Some other genius didn't like Sam.  Perhaps the subsequent thread should be locked.  But in reality it violates no rule to have both and it's a pissing contest at this point.......and a silly one.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2017, 03:30:43 PM »

After the way she's been treated, Hillary doesn't owe anyone anything. Glad to see her finally speaking her mind.

Yes, the saintly queen is the one who has been mistreated by others. It couldn't possibly be entirely the other way around. Hillary would never spend her entire life using and abusing every human being she encounters to achieve self-glory with no intention of ever paying them back for it or doing anything useful.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2017, 03:40:11 PM »

Sam Spade is terrible, Virginia is the best, and mods please lock this thread thx.

Yes, I can't think of any present poster offering more high-quality contrubutions.

There's an unwritten law that when an old mine gets too big, you lock it and proceed to new one.

738 posts is too big?  I remember the rule as 2000 posts, fascist.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2017, 03:42:54 PM »

Sam Spade is terrible, Virginia is the best, and mods please lock this thread thx.

Yes, I can't think of any present poster offering more high-quality contrubutions.

There's an unwritten law that when an old mine gets too big, you lock it and proceed to new one.

738 posts is too big?  I remember the rule as 2000 posts, fascist.

Really? That's not fascist enough for me.

If that's the case Kal, the Landfill and the Lief threads must be closed at once.....please.  Roll Eyes
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2017, 03:49:18 PM »

That's ok, Kal, Tony remembers:

Seeing how the last thread hit the fateful 2000-post milestone, I'd say a change is in order. Crabcake is still awesome, of course, but other posters have earned their time in limelight, and Kal is foremost among them.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2017, 07:38:34 AM »

My desire to keep this thread open (since it violates no rule whatsoever) has nothing to do with Virginia at all.  She's a top-tier poster, and mature well beyond her years. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2017, 07:43:46 AM »

Ironically Tony would probably flip out and be disgusted and offended if he saw the thread Virginia posts in the most on AAD.

By all means enlighten me. Roll Eyes

Tony, if you saw it you would literally have a heart attack.  Don't even think about it, trust me.  Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2017, 12:04:28 PM »

I was thinking about posting this to AAD in the Worst Posts thread, but I'm going to say it here.  It's probably a more appropriate place to vent about these sort of things.

Those of you who think that bad election nights are the worst days of your lives - and I mean this to those who are sincere in that judgment - guess what, you haven't seen tragedy.  I was literally sick the night that Trump won, and if it weren't for some self-medication, I would've spent the evening vomiting my brains out.  Sure, it was bad, but try coming home one night to find your father's corpse on the cold garage floor.  Try watching a festering skin disease slowly eat away at one of the only people who's still in your life, without support from extended family.  Try being violently stalked and harassed by total strangers who break into your house or apartment, piss in your pets' cage, walk out with your sht, hock on your front door, and continue to intrude on your rights and your privacy to the point of you losing your mind as well as your dignity.  That's tragedy.  And I in no way mean to discount the many lives that are in danger under Trump's presidency, but when life hits hard, you realize that elections are little more than blood sport that we just sit back and watch.  And, being honest, most of the folks here are capable of living their lives as normal regardless of who's president.

So don't tell us that a bad election was the worst day of your life.  Because if that must be the case, then clearly you've never experienced life.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies