DBC News. Whether we're right or wrong...IT'S NEWS!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:41:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  DBC News. Whether we're right or wrong...IT'S NEWS!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: DBC News. Whether we're right or wrong...IT'S NEWS!  (Read 12057 times)
Demrepdan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2004, 11:28:53 AM »

Next on DBC News, we have a Campaign Speech by Senatorial candidate Demrepdan, made Tuesday afternoon in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

*Demrepdan comes out on the stage waving to
the crowd while the crowd cheers*

Demrepdan: Thank you! Thank you! Wow...what a
crowd.

*crowd cheers*

Six months ago, I started a journey. Six
months ago, I started a quest to bring unity
between Democrats and Republicans. This quest
was to, in turn, bring what was BEST for the
Forum, and not what was best for one political
party. Not what was best suited one political
party's interest, but what suited ALL
interests.

*applause*

I wanted the fantasy elections to be FORGED
with this idealism. I wanted all sides to be
heard. When I wrote the Atlas Forum
Constitution, I made sure to hear ALL requests
of change, I made sure to hear EVERYONE's
voice, and made sure that what they wanted, or
didn't want in the Constitution was added or
taken out. This was an EXTREMELY difficult
process to have to listen to SO many voices,
and oblige every voice as best as I could in
order to insure a government of the people, by
the people, and FOR the people of the Atlas
Forum. I balanced out the difference of
people's opinions and made it so EVERYONE was
happy with the document, and making people
with differing opinions FINALLY come together
for the good of the forum, is something I have
a little practice at, and will CONTINUE to do
in the Senate!

*wild cheers*

I won't bend to partisan politics!

*cheers*

My frequent change of parties should be enough
of a sign of that.

*laughter*

I don't bend and conform to any political
party that tries to do nothing more than cease
power. I don't feel comfortable with party
leadership, from people who want nothing more
for their party but to win, and people who are
so advantageous that they do not become
involved in the fantasy election process until
they see an opportune moment to be in a
position of power and leadership. I have NEVER
thought this way, I have NEVER wanted what is
only best for my party! I have never wanted that so bad, that I will step over the people to do it just so I can get into a position of power. I have NEVER done that and I promise you today that I never will! And if I ever do, I should be voted out of office and RIGHTLY SO!

*cheers*

This government is supposed to be FOR you, the
people of the Atlas Forum. I made sure to
include EVERY member. That's why I made sure
to include the Fifth Amendment in the Forum
Constitution, which insures that NO cooperative member of the forum shall be felt
left out of the Fantasy Election process. I
wanted to be make sure that EVERYONE has a
voice at this forum and it is heard. And since
I wrote this myself, that is sheer evidence
that I will do NOTHING but insure that
sometimes forgotten constitutional right to
EVERYONE!

*cheers start to break out,
Demrepdan screams over the cheers*

AND AS SENATOR I WILL NOT BOW DOWN TO ANYONE BUT YOU, BECAUSE YOU AND ONLY YOU ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE I SHOULD BOW DOWN BEFORE! NOT THE INTERESTS OF ANY POLITICAL GROUP!!!!  

*wild cheers*

The only people I will serve, is you. The same
people I have served these many months. I
tried my best to serve you. I was the ONLY
person to stand against PD. I was also the
ONLY person who stood against the trolls at
the forum. I saw them as a threat, I knew that
with enough of them, they could disturb the
democratic process at the forum. Many ignored
them all, allowing them to sign up as
registered voters. I FOUGHT against them, to
preserve our forum's liberties.

*applause*

I worked for you as Secretary of Forum
Affairs, and more recently Attorney General. I
know how to get things done, and my job as
Attorney General should prove that to you. I
have the experience and know-how in order to
fight in the Senate for you. With your help,
the fight will go on. You will have experience
on YOUR side, fighting for you!

Thank you! Thank you!

*Demrepdan waves to the crowd*

*crowd cheers*

Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2004, 11:49:21 AM »

Vote Dan! Eggs for breakfast! I am not a communist!
Demrepdan

« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2004, 04:25:43 PM »

The Special Election for the district B Senate seat takes place today. So far, 75% of people leaving the voting booths who were polled, stated they voted PBrunsel as their first choice. Their second choice was closer, with former Attorney General Demrepdan, PBrunsel, and Fritz in a statistical dead heat. Their third choice was overwhelmingly for Fritz, who is now Forum Affairs Secretary of the Atlas Forum under the Gustaf Administration. We will keep you updated as more polling of voters takes place.

When we return we have a story on icecubes, are they dangerous to you and your loved ones? You'll find out after these words from our sponsers.

PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2004, 04:35:28 PM »

When we return we have a story on icecubes, are they dangerous to you and your loved ones?

I want to see that. Smiley
Demrepdan

« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2004, 08:56:10 PM »

Our latest exit polls from the Special Senatorial election for Distrct 3 B, shows former Attorney General Demrepdan in a lead for first preference with 55% of the vote, followed by PBrunsel with 45%. The Second Preference has Fritz winning with 42% and PBrunsel and Demrepdan with 29%. We will keep you updated on the exit polls, and will also inform you of the final results as they come.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2004, 08:58:43 PM »

Dan, lets talk.
Demrepdan

« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2004, 07:47:48 PM »

Final results from the Special Senatorial election for District 3-B, shows Demrepdan the winner. This was an incredibly close race, with Demrepdan only winning by one vote. The final results are 55% for Demrepdan, and 45% for PBrunsel.

Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2004, 10:19:40 PM »

Congrats Dan. lets talk ASAP!
Demrepdan

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2004, 09:11:00 PM »

This just in....Senator Demrepdan will run for re-election, or RETENTION rather, of his District 3 Senatorial Seat. This is a slow news day....it's all we got, folks.
Niles Caulder

« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2004, 09:13:51 PM »

Congratulations, Senator!

May I borrow a moment of your time?

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?board=13;action=display;threadid=5715
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2004, 09:16:45 PM »

This just in....Senator Demrepdan will run for re-election, or RETENTION rather, of his District 3 Senatorial Seat. This is a slow news day....it's all we got, folks.

It's going to be a real battle in the 3rd district. The Senator vs. his predecessor. Demrepdan vs. Texasgurl. The Battle for the title of Senator. Can Texasgurl get back her old seat? Will Dan be able to fend off this serious challenge? Who knows? But we know one thing is for sure...YOUR vote MATTERS. Get out and VOTE!

(Had to make this announcement sound exciting Smiley I know the race will be...)
Demrepdan

« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2004, 09:29:25 PM »

It's going to be a real battle in the 3rd district. The Senator vs. his predecessor. Demrepdan vs. Texasgurl. The Battle for the title of Senator. Can Texasgurl get back her old seat? Will Dan be able to fend off this serious challenge? Who knows? But we know one thing is for sure...YOUR vote MATTERS. Get out and VOTE!

(Had to make this announcement sound exciting Smiley I know the race will be...)

It will be tough for both of us.

You got the fact that everyone hates me.......and also the fact....that Texasgurl hasn't won an election in which I did not draft her into.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2004, 09:32:18 PM »

You got the fact that everyone hates me.......and also the fact....that Texasgurl hasn't won an election in which I did not draft her into.

Everyone hates you, Dan? I'm tired of members throwing that line around. One minutes Reaganfan says it, then you. It requires a lot to hate someone here. I don't think anyone hates you.
Demrepdan

« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2004, 09:37:49 PM »

Everyone hates you, Dan? I'm tired of members throwing that line around. One minutes Reaganfan says it, then you. It requires a lot to hate someone here. I don't think anyone hates you.

Well....hate is a strong word....would you prefer......STRONGLY dislike, perhaps?

And I know you MUST hate me! You just compared me to Reaganfan! THEM FIGHTIN WORDS! Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2004, 09:41:27 PM »

Well....hate is a strong word....would you prefer......STRONGLY dislike, perhaps?

And I know you MUST hate me! You just compared me to Reaganfan! THEM FIGHTIN WORDS! Wink

I don't hate anyone here. We all have disagreements, we all argue but I don't think anyone has a real hate for another member.

I didn't really compare you to Reaganfan. I'm just saying that he's been throwing that line around recently and it's getting annoying. I don't another person starting it up.
Demrepdan

« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2004, 09:47:47 PM »

I don't hate anyone here. We all have disagreements, we all argue but I don't think anyone has a real hate for another member.

I didn't really compare you to Reaganfan. I'm just saying that he's been throwing that line around recently and it's getting annoying. I don't another person starting it up.

I was joking anyway...so don't go....CRAZY......I've said that from time to time.....that people hate me.....it's just a joke, man!

Don't take things so seriously.....

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2004, 09:51:22 PM »

I was joking anyway...so don't go....CRAZY......I've said that from time to time.....that people hate me.....it's just a joke, man!

Don't take things so seriously.....

I figured you were joking after the point were you said "I know you must HATE me now too." I figured that was a bit...dramatic.
Demrepdan

« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2004, 12:59:12 AM »

Senator Demrepdan makes a campaign stop in Iowa and speaks in front of a Cornfield. Demrepdan is wearing blue jeans, and a plaid red shirt.

*audience applause*

Hello everybody! I'm glad to see you here today. I've been out campaigning now for the last two weeks, getting to know people on a personal level in my district. And I must say, that the best people in the world, live RIGHT here in the Midwest.

*audience cheers*

People who were born here, people who live here have good values. The values of America. They believe in everyone's freedom. And they want to protect and fight for their freedom. People from the Midwest, aren't known for their partisanship either. That's why many Midwestern states are swing states. The Midwest is FULL of independent minds, independent thinkers, people who will vote for the BEST person for the job, and not just vote for someone because of their party. And it is these moderate thinkers, these independent minds are those that I am trying to sway to my side. I'm trying to convince these people, both Republican and Democrat, that if you vote for me, your voice will be heard. YOU are my boss. I answer to NO one but you. And that's a fundamental rule that many people in public office forget. But it isn't one that I will easily forget!

*audience applause*

I have tried to honor that rule my entire time in public office and I will continue to honor it if you give me another term as your Senator. I will fight for the values that we all share. I will have the progressive thought that is common to all Americans, the progressive thought that has always put this country FORWARD in the world and made it the best country on the face of the Earth.

*audience applause*

We already have a great Senator who delivers these values to you, a Senator from THIS very state, Hughento!

*audience cheers*

And I'm proud to be a colleague of Hugh's and honored to call him my friend.

*Audience applause*

I would, at this time, like to issue at statement directly to my opponent, Former Senator Texasgurl: I am ready for debate. I am more than willing to debate on the issues, even more than once. Have your campaign staff get in touch with me, and you can set up a time and place, and we can debate anywhere, anytime.

*audience applause*

I believe Texasgurl and I believe in many of the same things. And want the common good for the Atlas Forum. And because of this similarity, it may be extremely difficult for a voter to see the common differences in us. So I'm ready to debate, anywhere, anytime, and as MANY times as it takes.

*audience applause*

I also understand that Texasgurl, who you all know resigned from her Senate seat, stated that she is entering the race again for "personal" reasons. Well, heh, I must say, what could possibly happen in her PERSONAL life that could cause her to reach such a decsion as to run again for her Senate seat. This "personal" reason whatever it may be, is strictly confined to the borders of the Atlas Forum. Whether it be conservatives urging her to run in order to defeat me, since they would believe more liberals would vote for her than me. Or perhaps the liberals believe that I am not giving them a strong enough voice in the Senate. Or maybe I'm just paranoid.

*audience laughs*

Whatever the reason, I respect her decision to not tell her reasons for running again. But I say to you now, that if there is ANYTHING that does not involve my personal life, and JUST involves my life here at the forum, and in the case with Texasgurl this is cleary what is going on, I will be very open and honest about my intentions. And even most things in my personal life, I will answer truthfully.

*wild applause*

But, as I respect Texasgurl's decision not to tell us why she is running again since it is "personal". I would hope that many of you would respect MY personal life in regards to my non-over-active nature at the forum. There are those who criticize me, for not being "active" at the forum. These are sadly the same OLD tactics they used in the last election. And honestly, the last election they were probably right!

*audience laughs*

I've been more active after being elected Senator. I've been more active recently. Aside from posting on EVERY thread at the forum EVERYDAY of the week, I think there is very little my opponents can complain about. I have been there for you, I have voted on the issues. I have voted on nearly every occasion when my Senatorial duties required for me to stand up and vote, and I will not let you down. I have BEEN active! And I will STAY active!

*audience cheers*

If they want to attack me, their gonna have to find something else!

*audience cheers*

I want to provide in the Senate the same values we have here in the Midwest. I want our values, REAL American values to transcend as a voice in the Atlas Forum. I'm PROUD to say I was BORN in the Midwest, and I, like all of you, want nothing more but to see these ideals brought the Atlas. When you're thinking of who to vote for this election, remember that I was born in the Midwest, and I have Midwestern values, that YOU Midwesterners, can TRUST! Thank you! Thank you!

*audience cheers*

Demrepdan gets in a black truck and drives away.
Niles Caulder

« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2004, 07:47:17 AM »

Senator, Senator!

Can you tell us your position on the Region Redrawing Act?  You've neglected to vote on the issue.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2004, 10:52:47 AM »

I endorse Demrepdan!
Demrepdan

« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2004, 07:40:53 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2004, 07:45:54 PM by Demrepdan »

Earlier today Demrepdan announced he is no longer going to be a part of the Fantasy Election process. We now show you that speech again in it's entirety.

I annouce my retirement from Fantasy elections. I said LONG ago....that if the  fantasy elections ever got to a point where people vote out of POPULARITY....then I will leave...because in essence all you would have is a popularity contest. Andrew who SHOULD have won his election....lost. Ilikeverin who SHOULD have won the election....lost. And I...well..I honestly didn't care if I won. However, it made me SICK how the Republicans supported a extreme liberal socialist over a moderate.

JUST because they had SOMETHING against me. Also note that many of the Republicans who hate me are Republicans who came POST-Constitution. They came to the forum after it was written....and just hate me because of my party. I have earned respect from alot of Republicans prior and during the writing of the constitution. But then you have this big conservative revolution...all the Republicans hating anyone who isn't of their party. It all started with Gustaf getting elected. Gustaf is a good guy....and many of the people who voted for him not only vote for him but also what he represents. But from there.....everything went downhill. All we have here is a popularity contest. And I know many of you may say...."But wait a minute, Dan. That's pretty much all REAL elections are." If that's how YOU view real elections.....as a popularty contest....then you're stupid. And the world is full of stupid people. And sadly the forum seems to be a collective resovior for the stupidity of voters. Everything that is BAD about a voter.....everything that screws up elections....this forum is FULL of. Of course there are loads of stupid voters in the US election system....or ANY election system for that matter. But there are a FEW who are well informed...and vote for more than a pretty face or nice voice, or charming apperance. You will find none of those voters here...you will only find the aforementioned and NOTHING but. This forum is sheer unadulterated stupidity. And as I've slowly seen the forum change, I've been thinking this for quite some time but have kept my mouth shut.

But now that I am done with fantasy elections it doesn't matter what I say. The fantasy elections aren't fun anymore. And for those of you OLD enough (and by old enough I mean you've been at the forum a while I actually KNOW me) to have heard me say this before; When the fun goes, so do I. It saddens me that this is the state of the elections, after having WRITTEN the constitution that everyone now sees, after having been a PART of creating this system back in January, it truly saddens me that the fantasy elections have come to this. And I kindly ask that those of you who were NOT one of the people who were around when we found the Fantasy Elections....to please refrain from responding to this post. In other words, if you weren't here from January to April, shut the hell up. I would appereciate that people who KNOW everything our system has gone through...to please respond.

I know my leaving the forum won't cause any type of cHANGE as it did with Supersoulty. When things became to bureaucratic at the forum, Supersoulty left which caused a revolution and people changed. I know when I leave this won't happen, because I can clearly see that you're all satisfied with the way things are. So be it. Although I will not longer be active in fantasy politics, I will still post elsewhere on the forum. And I have also thought of making my DBC news network a bit stronger, so look forward to that. If I can't have fun ONE way, I'll have fun ANOTHER way with my news network, damn it.
Thank you for all who supported me over the months. Goodbye.

It was also stated that Demrepdan said, "Just think of what they'll be missing, they won't have old Demrepdan to kick around anymore!" as he left the podium and walked off the stage.

In other news, the DBC news network has gotten a 60% raise in production costs which have come straight from Demrepdan himself. Now we're in high-def, and I get a cool car!!....*cough*......more after this commercial break....
Demrepdan

« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2004, 03:55:16 PM »

This just in from DBC news.....George W. Bush may not have been able to serve in Vietnam....but he served his country well....and in fact DIED for it in the Civil War....

President Bush is a Chicken-Hawk no more.....
Demrepdan

« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2004, 04:02:12 PM »

DBC News is proud to announce a new show! A topical debate show in which the two hosts get down to the BARE NAKED truth....and hit everything RIGHT on the spot as they tell it like it is. This new show will be called....

The hosts will be our very own Demrepdan.....and get this folks......VICE PRESIDENT ANDREW!!! Watch the show as they discuss real life issues as well as fantasy politics! If you think you've seen all the political shows.....you a'int seen NOTHIN yet! If you want the truth to be hit RIGHT on....Watch BULLSEYE! Only on DBC News! Whether we're right or wrong...it's NEWS!
Demrepdan

« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2004, 07:28:19 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2004, 07:29:58 PM by Demrepdan »

Several lawsuits have been filed against the DBC News Network over the new Topical Debate show hosted by Demrepdan and Vice President Andrew. CNBC is upset with the DBC News Network, due to the fact that CNBC already airs a show named BULLSEYE. DBC Attorney's have been working hard to fight the lawsuits.

When questioned about this controversy, CEO of the DBC News Network Demrepdan stated...."I apologize for mistakenly naming a show after a pre-existing show on CNBC. I have immediately taken down all promotions and commercial advertisements containing the word "Bullseye." We are now re-organizing and attempting to find a new title for our show. I would hope that all lawsuits filed against my News Network would cease forthwith. Again, I apologize........oh....and just one more thing.....I guess this means my new Untitled Show will receive LOADS of publicity."
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2004, 11:43:58 PM »

The Vice Presidents Office has confirmed that Vice President Andrew will indeed be the co-host of this currently untitled program.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies