1st Northern Assembly Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:54:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  1st Northern Assembly Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1st Northern Assembly Thread  (Read 6138 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: August 23, 2016, 07:14:20 PM »

Excellent, glad to see this up and running! Our regional legislatures are the most undervalued, but no less vital institutions in our republic. I wish the delegates of the new Assembly the best of fortunes; if ever I or the State Department may be of service to you, please don't hesitate to say so.

From my (admittedly hurried) review of it, the SOAP drafted by Senator Scott seems to be in good order. The one error I found was in Section 5(A): the clause references a position ("Chief Judicial Officer") which does not exist.

When it comes time to select a regional flag, I ask the Assembly to review the designs in this thread, which were submitted by several citizens (including Senator Scott and myself). I believe Delegate Clyde proposed holding a referendum on the regional flag at the time; for myself, while it is not my place to decide the matter, I think that such would be the best way to select a flag that all citizens can be proud of.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 04:54:15 PM »

Clyde says he will not be swearing in since he won election to the House.
Yeah. I'm basically waiting for confirmation about what happens to my seat - as I believe there is a law (correctly) preventing double jobbing. Even if there isn't, I won't take the seat - as there were other people in the election and I don't want to prevent anyone from holding a seat. I'm not sure if it goes to the next candidate who would've been elected or whether a special election will have to take place, which is what needs to be confirmed.
There will be a special election to choose your replacement. The next session of Congress doesn't begin until September 2, though, so until then you are a lawfully-seated member of the Assembly.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 11:19:40 PM »

Additionally, I ask someone sponsor a bill scheduling Clyde's special election for next Friday.
Per the Constitution, special elections are slated for the first Friday following the occurrence of the vacancy; if the vacancy occurs on a Thursday, the special election is held on the second Friday thereafter. So, if Clyde resigns this Friday, the special election would be on September 9.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 02:25:48 PM »

Now, we have a two person assembly. Stop being inactive, and get the special election going to replace those seats.
C'mon, guys. Don't make me come back here and fix this myself.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 11:13:08 PM »

This is getting embarrassing, guys.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 12:28:27 PM »

I think it'd be better to put up a leave of absence. Then, I think, the governor can open it. I'm not 100% sure though.
Per the Constitution, the Speaker of the Assembly opens the voting booth in the absence of the Lt. Governor... but there is no Speaker. In the absence of the Speaker, the powers of that office devolve upon the Acting Speaker, who is... the Lt. Governor. At this point, I think it's best if Flo just opens the booth himself - this has gone on far too long.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 06:50:43 PM »

Make Mike Wells speaker, he's active.

Thanks. Let's hold a vote ASAP, we need to start legislating.

Another call to action, we need to get things done. Yes, I do want to be Speaker.
While I'm not terribly familiar with the SOAP, I believe that if there are no objections after 24 hours you are able to assume office without a vote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies