Debate 1 excuses recap
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:10:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Debate 1 excuses recap
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Debate 1 excuses recap  (Read 709 times)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 28, 2016, 12:10:47 AM »

Here's my collection of all the excuses I've heard today for why Hillary lost or why someone isn't voting for her.  Vote for your favorites or add your own!  Bonus points if you manage to avoid tearing your hair out by the end.  Links where I'm not lazy.

TEAM TRUMP
"Hillary had a secret earpiece feeding her answers"
"Hillary had a copy of the questions on her podium/weeks ahead of time."
"Trump is just holding back and building up and letting Hillary get complacent."
"Why didn't he attack her more?  Listen to me for a minute while I repeat something I read on Breitbart, even I could have done it!"
"The moderator was so biased it was basically 2v1 so of course Trump lost."
"They questions were biased towards Hillary, they didn't talk about Benghazi or her e-mails."
"Howard Dean said something mean about Trump so that makes all the mean things Trump says about Hillary ok."
"Yeah ok he didn't win but he looked presidential and he knew what he was talking about so he cleared the bar."

TEAM TEEN
"Yes Trump lost, but the only issue(s) I care about are x, and [misrepresentation of Hillary's position on x] so I can't vote for her."
"Who won?  It doesn't matter.  America lost."
"Both of them are so awful I want to vomit/kill myself, I'm so disappointed in America, etc. etc."
"They didn't talk [enough] about my very specific pet issue(s) in the 90 minutes, so I can't vote for Hillary because she didn't address what I care about"
"I didn't watch the debate, it doesn't matter because the country is screwed either way."
"I didn't hear anything of substance from either candidate.  Hillary never explained her plans."
"This debate was just a corporate media sham put on by the 1% who secretly control both candidates.  That's why they didn't invite Jill Stein."
"All they did was attack each other, it was ugly ugly ugly, I can't bring myself to vote for either of them."
"Trump and Clinton are secretly best friends."
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 12:21:26 AM »

Here's my collection of all the excuses I've heard today for why Hillary lost or why someone isn't voting for her.  Vote for your favorites or add your own!  Bonus points if you manage to avoid tearing your hair out by the end.  Links where I'm not lazy.

TEAM TRUMP
"Trump is just holding back and building up and letting Hillary get complacent."
"Why didn't he attack her more?  Listen to me for a minute while I repeat something I read on Breitbart, even I could have done it!"
"They questions were biased towards Hillary, they didn't talk about Benghazi or her e-mails."
"Howard Dean said something mean about Trump so that makes all the mean things Trump says about Hillary ok."
"Yeah ok he didn't win but he looked presidential and he knew what he was talking about so he cleared the bar."

TEAM TEEN
"Yes Trump lost, but the only issue(s) I care about are x, and [misrepresentation of Hillary's position on x] so I can't vote for her."
"Both of them are so awful I want to vomit/kill myself, I'm so disappointed in America, etc. etc."
"They didn't talk [enough] about my very specific pet issue(s) in the 90 minutes, so I can't vote for Hillary because she didn't address what I care about"
"I didn't watch the debate, it doesn't matter because the country is screwed either way."
"I didn't hear anything of substance from either candidate.  Hillary never explained her plans."
"This debate was just a corporate media sham put on by the 1% who secretly control both candidates.  That's why they didn't invite Jill Stein."
"All they did was attack each other, it was ugly ugly ugly, I can't bring myself to vote for either of them."

Wow. This is.......really good.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 12:23:49 AM »

TEAM TRUMP

TEAM TEEN

Wow. This is.......really good.

Thanks!
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 12:24:14 AM »

This last I have heard, mostly, from the (now orphaned) Team Cruz.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 12:24:57 AM »

Good list, one I might add is: "Yeah, Hillary won this debate, but Romney also won the first debate. You just wait."
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 12:43:15 AM »

What concerns me is that Trump might have come off as somewhat reasonable to people who don't know sh*t about politics and we all know that those are the people that decide elections. My own mother-in-law, who is not entirely unreasonable, but somewhat prone to believe in conspiracy theories, quite liked Trump in the debate, which totally shocked me. If she thought he seemed reasonable while Clinton just talked "like a politican", then what do the true idiots out there think?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 12:48:04 AM »

Calling those "pet issues" is very insulting.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 01:01:02 AM »

What concerns me is that Trump might have come off as somewhat reasonable to people who don't know sh*t about politics and we all know that those are the people that decide elections. My own mother-in-law, who is not entirely unreasonable, but somewhat prone to believe in conspiracy theories, quite liked Trump in the debate, which totally shocked me. If she thought he seemed reasonable while Clinton just talked "like a politican", then what do the true idiots out there think?

What I meant from the other thread was that there was no time you couldn't find the cloud in the bright blue sky Tongue
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 01:09:13 AM »

What I meant from the other thread was that there was no time you couldn't find the cloud in the bright blue sky Tongue
Yes, I am a pessimist when it comes to elections, which is due to the fact that I simply do not trust the voters. But experience has also taught me never to celebrate too early. Far too many are willing to call an election way ahead of time, which time and time again has proved a risky endeavor.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 01:12:15 AM »
« Edited: September 28, 2016, 01:15:56 AM by Lyin' Steve »

Poor sweet Jane Sanders just can't vote for Hillary until they talk at length about native american issues at a 90-minute presidential debate.

I say "at length" because one of the fiercest segments of the night came after a 2-minute Hillary bit about climate change and green technology, but according to people looking for an excuse not to vote for her, it was "barely mentioned" so they're still "not convinced."  Same for income inequality, which Hillary mentioned repeatedly and proposed several ideas for during her weak run at the start of the debate.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 01:20:27 AM »

This is the problem. Trump's policies are of a brand that, while wholly divorced from the way the world actually works, sound like common-sense to people who have only a layman's understanding of the issues. For instance, economists know that defaulting on our national debt would be a disaster for the world economy, but someone who doesn't understand how credit works on the global level might think that's the sort of brash, bold solution we need to get out of our rut.

For the sake of fairness, Clinton and Sanders both sought to benefit from this phenomenon during the primaries when they pledged to appoint jurists who will "repeal Citizens United" (even though courts don't actually repeal rulings, and flat-out overturning settled law is frowned upon and extremely rare).
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2016, 01:22:54 AM »

"Trump was awesome! He messed up, because he was supposed to mess up, because he's Trump! That's why he won, that's why he's so awesome! Trump!"
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2016, 01:25:45 AM »

Poor sweet Jane Sanders just can't vote for Hillary until they talk at length about native american issues at a 90-minute presidential debate.

I say "at length" because one of the fiercest segments of the night came after a 2-minute Hillary bit about climate change and green technology, but according to people looking for an excuse not to vote for her, it was "barely mentioned" so they're still "not convinced."  Same for income inequality, which Hillary mentioned repeatedly and proposed several ideas for during her weak run at the start of the debate.

I do find it annoying that Jane Sanders is still attacking Hillary, but that still doesn't make it OK to call them "pet issues."
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2016, 02:12:32 AM »

https://imgur.com/gallery/WxsAR

ITS A CONSPIRACY

This is all over Trumpworld.  Someone cleaned off Hillary's podium after the debate was over.  Also she has cleaner handwriting than Trump.  Therefore, NBC gave her notes with everything she should say, and then removed them in front of a very obvious camera in a very obvious fashion, there is no other possible explanation.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2016, 02:15:16 AM »

Well, of course.

Why does Trump-world remind one so much of r/sanders4president?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2016, 02:16:07 AM »

https://imgur.com/gallery/WxsAR

ITS A CONSPIRACY

This is all over Trumpworld.  Someone cleaned off Hillary's podium after the debate was over.  Also she has cleaner handwriting than Trump.  Therefore, NBC gave her notes with everything she should say, and then removed them in front of a very obvious camera in a very obvious fashion, there is no other possible explanation.

Christ, these people need a job or a life.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2016, 02:16:42 AM »

Right-wing logic:
< zooms in on a picture of her notes
< Picture so low quality even a potato could take higher quality images, but somehow manages to make anything out .
< SHE CHEATED!

But seriously, This is straw grasping at it's finest.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2016, 02:19:13 AM »

Well, of course.

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2016, 02:19:54 AM »

Well, of course.

Oh my lord. LOL
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2016, 02:20:12 AM »

PS who merged these threads?  They're entirely distinct topics.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2016, 05:02:10 AM »

I like how the kook referred to Marc Mezvinsky as "Harry Potter-looking Secret Service agent" or whatever.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2016, 09:42:44 AM »

New one: Hillary had a secret... wait for it... teleprompter.

How did we not see?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lZRiy633_I
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2016, 04:49:39 PM »

BREAKING
Hillary is a pro poker player / baseball manager:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/09/breaking-poker-pro-agrees-hillary-sending-hand-signals-debate-moderator-holt/
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies