Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 15, 2017, 02:52:43 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Be sure to enable your "Ultimate Profile" for even more goodies on your profile page!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: AndrewTX, Likely Voter)
| | |-+  VA-Hampton University: Ttrump+3 (2-way) "B" rating (538)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: VA-Hampton University: Ttrump+3 (2-way) "B" rating (538)  (Read 1888 times)
RFayette
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2016, 03:29:38 pm »
Ignore

Ayy

Kalimantan
YaBB God
Indonesia

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.74

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2016, 03:30:44 pm »
Ignore

Why say JUNK?

Looks obvious really, a large chunk of Clinton supporters refused to answer, hence a crashing drop.

As for what it means on election day, I'd hazard a guess that they still vote for her (or have already voted for her but don't want to say)
JJC

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2016, 03:49:26 pm »
Ignore

VA has become a really fickle state in recent years. Clinton will probably win it, but it will be closer than most expect.

Clinton obviously is the heavy favorite here, but keep in mind that what's been making VA blue the past 8 years is high black turnout (and to a lesser extent, an increase in government workers near D.C.)

Clinton's big problem this cycle is that black turnout has been way down since 2012. Minorities may hate Trump, but they are not excited for Hillary either. She just can't turn them out the way Obama did.

I've been noticing lower black turnout and higher white turnout in key swing states during early voting (which I don't think many polls are taking into account) and have been searching for info on VA EV numbers ever since. But after scouring the internet, I've come up short.

VA has been on my dark horse list (along with MI) for a while now. If it is in play (big IF), then this opens up a whole can of worms for Clinton. Right now Trump's path to victory is 4 Aces - IA, OH, FL, and a blue leaning state or a NV+NH combo. I think he has three of the four. But the last one will be the toughest.

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2016, 03:54:33 pm »
Ignore

Stop putting 538 ratings in the title.
Kalimantan
YaBB God
Indonesia

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.74

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2016, 04:08:09 pm »
Ignore

VA has become a really fickle state in recent years. Clinton will probably win it, but it will be closer than most expect.

Clinton obviously is the heavy favorite here, but keep in mind that what's been making VA blue the past 8 years is high black turnout (and to a lesser extent, an increase in government workers near D.C.)

Clinton's big problem this cycle is that black turnout has been way down since 2012. Minorities may hate Trump, but they are not excited for Hillary either. She just can't turn them out the way Obama did.

I've been noticing lower black turnout and higher white turnout in key swing states during early voting (which I don't think many polls are taking into account) and have been searching for info on VA EV numbers ever since. But after scouring the internet, I've come up short.

VA has been on my dark horse list (along with MI) for a while now. If it is in play (big IF), then this opens up a whole can of worms for Clinton. Right now Trump's path to victory is 4 Aces - IA, OH, FL, and a blue leaning state or a NV+NH combo. I think he has three of the four. But the last one will be the toughest.

evidence over the country as a whole is that black people are actually early voting at higher numbers in 2016 compared to 2012. There is just a surge in white and hispanic early voting that means the % of Black early voters is down, but therefore by contrast the election day % will be up.
Seriously?
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2016, 04:24:49 pm »
Ignore

Stop posing junk.
It's a legitimate poll. A terrible pollster. But a legitimate poll nonetheless. They were just as bad when they had Clinton up by 12 as they are with this result.
JJC

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2016, 04:56:10 pm »
Ignore

evidence over the country as a whole is that black people are actually early voting at higher numbers in 2016 compared to 2012. There is just a surge in white and hispanic early voting that means the % of Black early voters is down, but therefore by contrast the election day % will be up.

That is factually false.

In many states blacks are down 10-15% from their numbers in 2012.

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster
dspNY
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2016, 05:00:13 pm »
Ignore

LOL at this poll...get real
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2016, 05:17:39 pm »
Ignore

That what you said about their last poll Roll Eyes

Virginia = just about Safe D

Amazing considering the fact that going into 2008, it was a state no Dem won since LBJ

“People have forgotten this truth," the fox said. "But you mustn’t forget it. You become responsible forever for what you’ve tamed. You’re responsible for your rose.”
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2016, 05:47:35 pm »
Ignore

That what you said about their last poll Roll Eyes

Virginia = just about Safe D

Amazing considering the fact that going into 2008, it was a state no Dem won since LBJ
It is an outlier, the other did not look to be one.  Stop trying to get people.  Your pretty bad at it.

Donnie

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2016, 06:59:52 pm »
Ignore

Well this is certainly interesting.  Gillespie redux.
Interlocutor

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2016, 07:06:52 pm »
Ignore

I was gonna say junk poll, but then I saw the 538 rating in the title and still decided it was junk

CA Governor, 2018: Gavin Newsom John Chaing
CA-49, 2018: Col. Doug Applegate
libertpaulian
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2016, 07:10:37 pm »
Ignore

I was gonna say junk poll, but then I saw the 538 rating in the title and still decided it was junk
538 is usually on the money.

Region Rat.  Yes, Indiana, we're Hoosiers too!

Pragmatic Moderate Libertarian.  ELCA Lutheran.  Juvenile Attorney for the State of Indiana.
Fusionmunster
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2016, 07:16:27 pm »
Ignore

538 is usually on the money.

Not really. Quinnipiac is an A-, but did terribly during the primaries. Gravis is a B- for god knows why. SurveyUSA has had multiple bad cycles yet maintains its A. Thats just to name a few.
LimoLiberal

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2016, 07:43:26 pm »
Ignore

I would bet my organs and 500,000 dollars that Virginia will not vote for Trump. As somebody who lives in Northern Virginia.
StatesPoll
View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2016, 09:22:50 pm »
Ignore

Stop posing junk.
Look how your friends reacted when it showed Clinton+12 Smiley

http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=247636.0

Disgusting hypocrites, no?

agee. digusting double standard, as red avatars used to.

EpicHistory
United States

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2016, 11:29:24 pm »
Ignore

I would bet my organs and 500,000 dollars that Virginia will not vote for Trump. As somebody who lives in Northern Virginia.

Southwest Virginia here. Lots of enthusiasm here for Trump, and the rest of the state only has to increase turnout by 5% to beat NoVA.
Kempros
United States

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2016, 12:35:16 am »
Ignore

Southwest Virginia here. Lots of enthusiasm here for Trump, and the rest of the state only has to increase turnout by 5% to beat NoVA.
Just don't get cocky (Bad karma), and keep working hard.

((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅((>     ,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸
Kempros
United States

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2016, 12:38:55 am »
Ignore

Well if the Reps want to win the state, they also have got to be sure the rest of dem Reps are on board. It almost went to Roobs during the Primary.

((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅((>     ,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸
Kempros
United States

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2016, 12:40:43 am »
Ignore

If it somehow happens, I'll check back with ya.

shua
YaBB God
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: -4.52

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2016, 01:08:05 am »
Ignore

This poll is biased b/c of Trump's great relationship with the blacks.

"Darkness makes a great canvas" - unidentified man
Trumpsucks!!!
matthew27
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2016, 01:38:16 am »
Ignore

turn out is up big time in northern Virginia...it is highly unlikely that trump can take this state.
http://www.vpap.org/visualizations/early-voting
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 02:02:16 am by matthew27 »Logged

My tropical cyclones archives(mainly Atlantic) http://z7.invisionfree.com/Hurricane_Archives/index.php?showforum=1

NHC discussions, satellite imagines, satellite loops, recon data, etc.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout