The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:12:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 236770 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« on: January 25, 2018, 03:40:51 PM »

After this post, I endorse the name change.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 02:39:56 PM »

If I was the deciding vote in the Senate, I would vote NO, even if it meant deporting the dreamers. It is not worth it for Democrats to save the dreamers, if it means cutting Legal Immigration in half, because the Democratic Party cannot survive without massive Non-White immigration, due to the fact we’ve been bleeding support from White people for 50 years. If you don’t believe me, then let me tell you if it wasn’t for the massive Non-White immigration since the 1980s, states like California, New York, Illinois, New Jersey, and Connecticut would still be Red states, and Democrats would be losing in 49-state landslides every four years.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 11:17:42 PM »

So, let's look at things overall. In three of the four races tonight, things went as expected in Missouri - Republicans win, Democrats lose. The loss was wider than I expected in 39 and 129, and smaller than I expected in 144, but still the republicans won as expected. But in District 97, we saw a vastly different result, with a Democrat winning a very republican seat, a disastrously improbable event. Looking at the county results, it is apparent that the Jefferson County vote, which is way too democratic, was the victim of voter fraud. Democrats likely bused voters from other districts in just enough numbers to illegally flip this race. What this should do is mobilize every resident of Missouri to keep careful watch over their respective polling place and do all they can to stop future fraud. I encourage the republican candidate in HD-97 to pursue electoral fraud charges for the Jefferson County portion of the district in state court as soon as feasible.

Came here to post this.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 12:22:50 AM »

I don’t want to sound like a nut, but automation is a serious problem (and has been for at least 30 years), and if the government dose not find a way to regulate it in a responsible way, it could potential destroy millions of jobs and excasterbate Americas income inequality to levels equivalent to a third world country. For example when I was on a vacation to Seattle last summer, I stumbled upon a Amazon-run grocery store (I think it was located at Amazons corporate headquarters) where people didn’t have to use a cash register and could just walk in and grab their groceries, and they only had one person working their. Can you imagine what would happen if Amazon (which recently bought Whole Foods), opened those grocery stores across America, and other grocery stores adopted the same idea to remain competitive? I can answer it for you, Millions of people in the service Industry would lose their jobs, and because the Republicans have destroyed most of our safety net (and plan on destroying the rest of it if Americans are dumb enough to give them more seats this year), most of these people would go into poverty and wind up on the street or in prison, which is exactly where the Republicans want anyone who happens to be underprivileged. And before people start saying “why don’t these people work hard and go to college and become doctors lawyers or accountants”, not everyone has the ability or opportunity to get higher education and high-end jobs, which is why we need to make sure their are professions available for people that aren’t born into privileged families.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 12:37:04 AM »

I don’t want to sound like a nut, but automation is a serious problem (and has been for at least 30 years), and if the government dose not find a way to regulate it in a responsible way, it could potential destroy millions of jobs and excasterbate Americas income inequality to levels equivalent to a third world country. For example when I was on a vacation to Seattle last summer, I stumbled upon a Amazon-run grocery store (I think it was located at Amazons corporate headquarters) where people didn’t have to use a cash register and could just walk in and grab their groceries, and they only had one person working their. Can you imagine what would happen if Amazon (which recently bought Whole Foods), opened those grocery stores across America, and other grocery stores adopted the same idea to remain competitive? I can answer it for you, Millions of people in the service Industry would lose their jobs, and because the Republicans have destroyed most of our safety net (and plan on destroying the rest of it if Americans are dumb enough to give them more seats this year), most of these people would go into poverty and wind up on the street or in prison, which is exactly where the Republicans want anyone who happens to be underprivileged. And before people start saying “why don’t these people work hard and go to college and become doctors lawyers or accountants”, not everyone has the ability or opportunity to get higher education and high-end jobs, which is why we need to make sure their are professions available for people that aren’t born into privileged families.

That's not a bad post? At least by KL standards, anyway.

Bolded section.

It's not bad by his standards, but it's still a dumb post.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 04:47:09 PM »

For your interest, I support the Assad government because I believe their the lesser of two evils. The Syrian Rebels are a bunch of Whabbi extremists, and if they overthrow Assad they'll kill every Christian and Shiite Muslim in Syria. It's a shame that America and Israel are backing Sunni Terrorist over a Secular, Democraticly-elected government (Syria had a multi-party Election in 2014 that Assad won with almost 90% of the vote). If I was President I'd pull all US troops out of the Middle East (and East Asia and Europe), and start spending that money on helping our Nations poor, instead of dropping bombs on Third-world countries where we aren't even on the right side of the conflict.

Does this fit here, or should it be in Atlas hilarity because it's hilarious?

All of the above.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 12:52:47 AM »

Two completely unrelated posts

I don't see any reason he'd fall below 90%. He'd be able to sell himself effectively and doesn't seem to have any skeletons in his closet like the "superpredators" quote that hurt Clinton. Wouldn't drive turnout, though.
Super predators may have kept a couple people home in some key states but she basically did what any white Democrat would do with black voters. The 59% turnout of AA nationally was better than all non-Obama Democrats.

Cuban has no ties to the black community, and I don't see why he'd win the Democratic nomination anyway. I could see quite a few black men voting Trump + low propensity black Democrats turnout dropping even further with another 4 years of Obama in the rear view which could drive it down to 83-85ish.

He is the owner of the Dallas Mavericks, a NBA team, which employs majority black players. I don't know if that is enough for Cuban to win.

Bad optics but the ruling of the presiding officer was exactly correct.  Doesn't matter if it's the state house, a school board meeting, or whatever, her actions were not procedurally proper.

Agreed.
Context: A self-identifying liberal Democrat looking at a relatively composed woman revealing the corporate corruption of her state legislature, who's first thought is "welp, she didn't follow procedure! /shrug"

I'm not so sure about the second. Here's how I see it:

1. Was it ok for the presiding officer to have her removed? Yes, she was vioalting procedure.

2. Should we cheer her on? HELL YES.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 02:09:25 PM »

So many people here not understanding how tariffs end up working.

THE GAIN TO THE PRODUCERS WILL ALWAYS BE SMALLER THAN THE LOSS TO THE CONSUMERS. And in this case, the consumers are other American business. Trump is trying to boost one sector of the economy by screwing over ten.
Then those ten better reconsider their pro-China policies.

Honestly, all of hofold's posts in that thread belong in here.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 12:02:00 AM »

The idea that Iran is some sort of strict Islamic theocracy is a myth that the neocon's have been perpetrating since the Carter administration. In reality, Iran is really just a flawed democracy with a slightly theocratic bent. In Iran, transpeople are free to live their lives openly and freely, and are able to transition if they so choose. In ISIS held territory, they are flat out killed.

In many ways, Syria and Iran are more western than they are given credit for.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 08:24:39 PM »

Absurdity and Ignorance is whoever decided to co-name this board after MB.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 08:07:20 PM »

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2018, 11:43:41 PM »

This thread needs a renaming.

I think we all know who I'm talking about.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2018, 04:14:10 PM »

The "I choose partisanship over accomplishment." is an unfortunate symptom of the modern American political system.  Even if the accomplishment is peace between nations.  If North Korea and South Korea fully re-unify before the 2018 elections and the people of the North get to experience the freedoms of the South and divided families re-unite; then I'm not going to cry about Democrats not winning the House due to that if Republicans get some huge bump for it.
What kind of "When they go low, we go high" nonsense is this? Once again proving the Dems have no fighting spirit.
"The Depression was good because it led to the New Deal"
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 02:27:22 PM »

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2018, 05:31:29 PM »

As you have indicated, the vast majority of Confederate monuments were erected in the 1910's & 20's when Southern states were enacting Jim Crow laws.
There was also a significant, yet smaller spike in the 1950's & 60's during the Civil Rights movement.

See this graphic on this website (link below), showing the numbers and distribution of monuments over time. The article also points out that:
The chart illustrates upticks in the construction of Confederate monuments on courthouse grounds after the landmark Plessy v. Ferguson case in 1896 upheld state segregation laws. The construction of monuments outside of schools jumped after the 1954 Brown vs. Board of Education ruling, in which the Supreme Court deemed state laws segregating public schools to be unconstitutional.

So you can drop your "leftists want to abolish place and history" shtick.
All the evidence above shows that Southerners weren't really concerned about "history" when erecting these monuments. But instead, it was about using them as symbols of hate and intimidation.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/718507/striking-graphic-reveals-construction-confederate-monuments-peaked-during-jim-crow-civil-rights-eras

Southern states started enacting Jim Crow laws in the late 19th century, though. Plus, as your graph indicates, the largest spike in public Confederate commemoration was already on the decline when the Klan was reformed in the 1910s. If anything, the strongest correlation is with the aging of Civil War veterans and the passage of the Civil War from people's living memory. Which makes perfect sense.

It "makes perfect sense" to Neo-Nazis, Klansmen and white supremacists.

It makes sense to the people whose forefathers bore the brunt of the most destructive war in the history of the United States.

It makes sense to the people whose forefathers' main purpose of fighting was to preserve the act of enslaving other human beings (for money). The fact that they (the South) "bore the brunt" of the American Civil War (versus the North) was both justified and a grace to all humanity.

The vast majority of monuments are depicting their leaders, and not the sheep the leaders employed (and fooled) to fight for them. Their leaders were intelligent (and rich) and knew exactly what their true cause was (and not "State's rights" bulls**t).

Muhhh the South is nothing but evil scum, HP!

How can something that is fundamentally true be ignorant or absurd? Lincoln being a garden variety Victorian age white supremacist doesn't mean he's not a FF still, nor does Lee fighting for the south dent his status as a FF. Let's face it, you're just butthurt that your alcoholic, stroke ravaged nominee was beat by a rookie and you're taking it out on the south.

Lmao. Lee as an FF? You do realize that FF stands for the exact opposite of what Lee was doing, right?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2018, 04:32:34 PM »

I concur.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2018, 01:06:55 PM »

Since we’re over 2K, new thread.