October 2017 Federalist Party Convention - Partial Results (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:33:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  October 2017 Federalist Party Convention - Partial Results (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: October 2017 Federalist Party Convention - Partial Results  (Read 19552 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« on: September 15, 2017, 07:38:35 PM »

x President fhtagn
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 12:09:44 AM »

I am proud to be fhtagn’s running mate, because I am confident that she has the work ethic and talent to make our current apparatus of government a successful one. There have been issues with this system, and with those issues there are different ideas about what to do with it.

In the short time I have been Vice President so far I have been sufficiently impressed by the dedication of fhtagn and her Cabinet that I knew I made the right choice in doing so. The trend towards government simulation has come to demand a great deal of work of those in charge. We’ve suffered from inactivity in key posts in the past, and I am running on this ticket because it stands for activity and competence in government.

I believe that there is much good that exists within the GM and from Congress. Having an active GM opens avenues of discussion that otherwise would not be possible and that go well beyond the same well-trodden tracks of the political issues du jour. Having an active Congress allows for more intricate policy discussions that better balance the interests of the regions and of the populace at-large.

When I started in Atlasia, there was a major debate over the role of the regions. Many people in powerful places wanted to reduce the role of the regions, if not abolish them altogether. I fought for years for regions, because I saw the potential they had to play an important role in Atlasian affairs, and I have been vindicated in such. All it took was tweaking the system to make things work. Perhaps Game Moderation needs to be tweaked as well, and that is a possibility that should be discussed. However, I am confident that the path forward does not lie through simply abandoning game mechanics because they require a little effort to implement successfully.

We are running to be more than the typical empty suits. We are running to be the catalyst that taps into the potential that exists within the Republic of Atlasia and therein lead it to new heights. Join us, so that we can realize those heights and see the dawn of a new age for Atlasia.

Purple heart

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 10:06:06 PM »

My friends and fellow Federalists! What a truly exciting time for the party! This weekend, we will be choosing who our party will put their faith in ensuring another win this October! I am here tonight to show you how I have always been here fighting for today's Atlasia, and how I am the clear choice to continue that fight as the Federalist Party nominee.

I may not be someone who can boast years of experience in Atlasia, and I may not have the longest list of positions I've held over those years, but what I can tell you is that I have always been here for all Atlasians, putting what is best for the people first. I am not someone who makes empty promises. I am not someone who is just an empty suit filling a seat until someone better comes along. I'm someone who has worked hard and taken on every challenge thrown my way, and I have no reason to stop now.

Since taking the oath of office for the Presidency, I have spent countless hours on ensuring that important tasks that we have been falling behind on are getting done. I've worked with my National Security Council to find a resolution to the crisis with China and North Korea that will not only ensure the safety of our people, but presents an amazing opportunity for economic advancement for our nation. I've worked towards setting up plans to finally establish and balance our budget, something that has not happened since 2014. In my time in Atlasia, I've kept my past promises to support clean energy policies and efforts to protect our precious natural resources, and do not plan to stop there. With your support, we can ensure that Atlasia continues the trend towards protecting the only planet we have to live on, pave the way for making us an energy-independent nation, and to not only catch up, but to set the standard for the rest of the world to follow.

With your support, we will not be weighed down by our past. While the past is certainly something we should learn from, we should not let it define who we are today. The Atlasia I see today is filled with bright minds and fresh ideas. The Atlasia I see today is filled with people who will stick to their values and defend them whenever challenged. The Atlasia I see today does not roll over and give up when something is too hard, and we do not apologize for who we are. We are a strong nation, a passionate nation, a nation we should all be proud of. Atlasia is already great, and we should never let anyone tell us any different.

This weekend, don't give into fear-mongering and unrealistic promises. Put your faith in someone who has actively been here, and shown you who they are and what they can accomplish. Help me continue the fight for not only today's Atlasia, but for Atlasia's future.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 12:03:46 AM »

[X] President Fhtagn (F-ME)/Vice President PiT (The Physicist) (F-LA)
[  ] Fmr. Justice Oakvale (F-NY)/Fmr. Representative Potus2036 (F-WV)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 09:51:13 AM »

It is with great sorrow and remorse than I must announce that my activity will be greatly reduced as a result of an apartment fire.

Sad
Hope everything is alright.
Glad to know you're safe!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 02:51:48 PM »

Okay so before this primary got started, my plan had been for a Federal and then a Regional primary, but with the competitive primary for President, I figured it would be best to push back the House one to occur with the Regional one and still desiring that to be concluded by Oct 1st, that leaves September 29-31st.

As of right now Haslam, Rfayette, LouisvilleThunder and myself are declared for House, Spark for Lincoln Governor and Dfwlibertylover for Lincoln Assembly and I think ReaganClinton maybe as well declared for that but I have to double check.

I am declared for write-ins, not much of a serious candidate.

I thought you declared for Assembly, but only a write in for Governor?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 07:16:10 PM »

House:
[5] NC Yankee
[4] Haslam2020
[3] LouisvilleThunder
[2] Rfayette
[1] Pessimistic Antineutrino

Regional:

Southern Chamber of Delegates:
[3] Diptheriadan
[1] Mr. Reactionary
[2] Celticempire

Lincoln Governor
[X] Spark498

Lincoln Assembly
[X] ReaganClinton20xx
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2017, 07:50:16 PM »

Declaring for Vice Chair
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2017, 08:55:31 PM »

Atlantic City!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 10:45:38 PM »

I'll throw in Providence, RI as well
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 12:19:29 AM »

OFFICIAL BALLOT
Chairman:
[X] NC Yankee

Vice Chairman:
[X] Fhtagn

Platform:
Should the Platform be amended to the following text

[X] Aye
[  ] Nay

Bylaws:
Amendment 1
Should the following bylaw amendment restricting voting within the Federalist Party primaries to those who registered within the first 72 hours of the convention comencing.

[  ] Aye
[X] Nay

February Convention City:
Please preference the following cities in numerical order -

[1] Atlantic City, New Jersey
[2] Portland, Maine
[3] Providence, Rhode Island
[4] London, England
[5] Edinburgh, Scotland
[6] Cardiff, Wales
[7] Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
[8] Kansas City, Missouri
[9] Nashville, Tennessee
[10] Knoxville, Tennessee
[11] Louisville, Kentucky
[12] Greensboro, North Carolina
[13] Holland, Michigan
[14] Jacksonville, Illinois
[15] Reading, Pennsylvania
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 12:48:32 AM »

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2017, 09:22:47 PM »

We cannot expel people because we don't like them. That is not how it works, nor should it be. I cannot support the expulsion on these grounds, and I truly hope you change your mind because we value you as much as we do everyone else in the party.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2017, 12:31:58 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This doesn't mean, "all players that aren't jerks". This means all players. That includes me. That includes you. That includes Oakvale. I truly do not feel the argument given is enough to warrant expulsion from the party. I feel it is unfair that you are delivering an ultimatum, because we obviously don't want to lose you, but it is not right to expel him.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2017, 05:45:02 PM »

Our Federalist Party is deeply divided over whether or not to expel Oakvale. I know that a lot of these tensions are from long before my time in Atlasian politics, and at the moment I am neutral on this. Therefore, I believe the leadership should move to put this matter to a vote, the motion has been seconded and should be voted on accordingly. We cannot ignore our rules when it pertains to an expulsion of a member.

There is no timeline for when the vote should take place per the party's bylaws. That being said, I am waiting on the opportunity to discuss the situation further with Yankee before we make a decision on when the vote takes place. In the meantime, I would urge Leinad to provide evidence that Oakvale's recent behavior has been a detriment to this party, and really think about the damage this motion causes the party this close to an election. It does not revoke Oakvale's endorsement from the Federalist party, and it causes a further divide than our party needs at this time.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2017, 11:15:41 PM »

I motion to stop all this bickering, and have the vote already.

As I had mentioned in a previous post, Yankee has not been online for me to discuss the situation with him prior to holding a vote. I wouldn't consider waiting until our party's Chair has been made aware of the situation is at all unreasonable, especially when our bylaws do not set a time limit for when the vote should be held. Until then, y'all (and I'm talking about both sides here) need to chill.

It's worth noting that in the event that the vote for expulsion passes, Oakvale would still have the party's endorsement as a House candidate per our bylaws.

I also do not think it was unreasonable to ask Leinad to provide proof of his claims. He has made accusations, called for a party member to be expelled, and is asking the party to vote simply based on his word? That is not how it works, nor how it should work. It is unfair to members of the party, and unfair to Oakvale for a vote to be held deciding his future in the party with no evidence.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 07:44:06 AM »
« Edited: December 04, 2017, 07:52:23 AM by President fhtagn »

I am aware that evidence was not listed as a requirement to motion to expel, but you seriously cannot see why it is unethical to hold a vote without giving people a chance to see proof behind your claims? Can you seriously not see why it is concerning to have the party determine someone's future with us simply based on your word (which two other members in this thread have already said they were basing their vote on)?

And once again, it appears that you have failed to read that I have not proceeded with a vote because I wanted our party's Chair to have the chance to be informed about what is going on. Forgive me for making such an unreasonable request.

I will be giving Oakvale and anyone on his behalf a chance to respond to the evidence provided against him. He deserves the opportunity to defend or explain his actions and provide any evidence he has, and our party members deserve to hear both sides as well.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 08:19:13 AM »
« Edited: December 04, 2017, 11:38:27 AM by President fhtagn »

I will proceed with the vote at midnight tonight. This gives time for Oakvale and anyone on his behalf to respond to the evidence provided, and allows additional time for Yankee to respond to information that has been provided to him regarding the current situation.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 06:06:27 PM »

I will proceed with the vote at midnight tonight. This gives time for Oakvale and anyone on his behalf to respond to the evidence provided, and allows additional time for Yankee to respond to information that has been provided to him regarding the current situation.

whats the timeframe on the vote? 24Hrs? 48 hrs?

Normally I would run the standard 72 hours, however, since there is no actual requirement per the bylaws for a time frame, and given that 72 hours would end at the start of elections, I will be running it for 48 hours (unless there are any objections).

It would start at midnight Tuesday December 5th (tonight) and run until midnight Thursday December 7th.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 09:24:06 AM »

Nay
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2018, 10:29:51 AM »

Friends,

I wish to apply for readmission to the Federalist Party as a full member in good standing.

I have been elected to Congress as a Federalist by the people of Atlasia and sit in that chamber as a member of the party. I will, God willing, soon be serving in the Cabinet of a Federalist president, whom I campaigned for and voted for in the last election.

In addition to these imperatives, I furthermore believe that there is reason to believe that the expulsion of political party members may, under current statute, be unconstitutional.

Let us turn the page on an unfortunate chapter in our history.

It came to my attention at too late a stage that there is no law providing for political parties to be able to expel their members. For my part as someone who supported the expulsion effort, I view it as null and void in light of this fact. That is, while it is not my determination to make, I am of the opinion that you should still legally count as a full member in good standing.

This was how I viewed it (and iirc, Yankee saw it this way too).
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2018, 03:23:23 PM »

Will the Federalist Party be nominating new Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates now that the previous candidates have left the party?

PiT did not leave the Federalist party.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies