Have you been sexually harassed and have you sexually harassed someone?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 02:26:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you been sexually harassed and have you sexually harassed someone?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes, I've been harassed

No, I have not been harassed

Yes, I have harassed someone

No, I have not harassed someone

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 70

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Have you been sexually harassed and have you sexually harassed someone?  (Read 2963 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 27, 2017, 02:21:57 PM »

No need to expand if you don't want or just hide behind the poll.

Hot Topic of the Month............

No/No
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 03:09:31 PM »

I don't think anyone would admit to sexually harassing anyone regardless of anonymity.

But no I have not been sexually harassed (thankfully) and no I have never sexually harassed someone (normal, not a piece of shyt)
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 03:18:37 PM »

I don't think anyone would admit to sexually harassing anyone regardless of anonymity.
Hide behind the poll.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 03:34:31 PM »

Hide behind the poll.

So far 2 have said yes.......it's anonymous, yeah.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 03:40:52 PM »

Hide behind the poll.

So far 2 have said yes.......it's anonymous, yeah.

That's unfortunate.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 04:09:25 PM »

Can't flirting with someone who isn't interested be considered sexual harassment in the most strict definition? In that case, probably 95%+ of the world has.

But if we're talking about stalking, constant unwanted contact/communication, pussy grabbing, etc. then Yes/No.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 04:34:37 PM »

I've never been sexually harassed, unless you include the general douchebaggery that's inherent in being on a men's sports team in high school.

I definitely don't think I've ever sexually harassed someone, although obviously it's not really my call. I get nervous enough around girls I find attractive that I tend to avoid any kind of physical contact or "personal discussion," unless I already know them very well.

One thing I definitely am guilty of, though, is not reacting to harassment that I see. Predatory guys are definitely good at hiding what they're doing from everyone except the victim and other predatory guys, but there are at least two instances I can think of when I saw a guy making creepy comments at a girl who was clearly uncomfortable, and I did nothing.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 04:45:55 PM »

I'd need some definitions, as I'm sure it's Yes/Maybe under some crazy, overly liberal definition of the term.  However, using common sense I'm a pretty clear no and even clearer no on these two questions, respectively.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 04:53:20 PM »

No/No

a lot of people are probably only voting ?/Yes to protest the fact that you are asking a stupid question.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2017, 05:03:17 PM »

Can't flirting with someone who isn't interested be considered sexual harassment in the most strict definition? In that case, probably 95%+ of the world has.

But if we're talking about stalking, constant unwanted contact/communication, pussy grabbing, etc. then Yes/No.

There's a difference between the SJW definition of sexual harassment and the legal definition of sexual harassment.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2017, 05:08:29 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2017, 05:12:52 PM by Homage to Catalonia »

At my friend's birthday party last March a dude started hitting on me in rather direct way, but when I said I'm straight he backed away and we have no problems with interacting on other level. I haven't seen it as harassment.

Some other people could react more negatively, of course. From where I stand, making a pass on someone is nothing bad. But if cross the line and can't back away when there's no interest from the other part, well, then you have a problem.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2017, 05:20:50 PM »

At my friend's birthday party last March a dude started hitting on me in rather direct way, but when I said I'm straight he backed away and we have no problems with interacting on other level. I haven't seen it as harassment.

Some other people could react more negatively, of course. From where I stand, making a pass on someone is nothing bad. But if cross the line and can't back away when there's no interest from the other part, well, then you have a problem.

Yeah, I agree with that. Obviously if someone makes it known they're not interested and you continue to persist anyway that would qualify.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2017, 08:15:52 PM »

Yes/no (or at least I don't think so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯).
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2017, 11:04:30 PM »

Given the ever-expanding definition, it is likely that a majority have. My housemate was just harassed earlier tonight.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2017, 11:09:16 PM »

I have neither harassed nor been harassed by anyone. 
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2017, 11:14:14 PM »

I was molested as a child and assaulted at work.

And no, of course I haven't. I cannot imagine making anyone feel even a fraction of how I do.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2017, 08:21:08 AM »

It totally depends on how you define things.  I went yes/yes, but could just as truthfully say no/no.
ChelseaT
Rookie
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2017, 07:47:34 PM »

I've been harassed.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2017, 01:48:41 AM »

For the first one, it really depends on how you define it, but I never felt sexually harrassed, so voted No.
For the second, a very firm No.
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2017, 07:35:28 PM »

Was followed for about 2 blocks by a guy once (while leaving a gay bar) and he kept rubbing my back and butt and saying inappropriate things. If I tried to walk faster or go a different direction he would follow me. Eventually someone saw and told him to F off.

I completely shut down because I've never had to deal with that before or think about it. Boys aren't usually talked to about sexual harassment.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2017, 01:17:26 AM »

I can honestly say I have never, to my knowledge, flirted with anyone.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2017, 09:01:11 AM »

Has anyone on this forum been a victim of sexual impropriety, immorality,  or violence that they haven't told the authorities about?

Has anyone on here committed something they would now consider sexual impropriety, immorality, or violence that they have not redported or have gotten in trouble for?

Remember that this place is as anonymous as we have made it though I realize some of you are more liberal with your identity than they should. Personally, I only know like 3 of your names though I only come on here to gather the news and rumors.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2017, 09:03:02 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=275913.0
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2017, 09:16:34 AM »
« Edited: November 17, 2017, 09:21:01 AM by the 2018- The People v. The Pepe »

The two instances that immediately come to mind is that there was this fairly attractive tenant lady that kept trying to have sex with me when I was seeing someone. I think she have up when she thought I took her on a date or something.

Another time was when I threatened to stop seeing someone when they weren't really comfortable to continue having sex with me because she was a virgin before she knew me and still kind of scared of sex. Eventually we did break up soon after. She was like 19 and I was 25.

Then I kept trying to ask this girl out in high school and eventually I got sent to the principal's office. I got sent to the community college instead of university for a semester after that. Almost had an Associate's anyways.

Then there was this girl that I was seeing that kept on trying to slide the condom off during and claimed I couldn't knock her up up because she had PCOS.

Great times.
Thank you for being a friend...
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2017, 09:23:52 AM »

Twice a man touched me without my consent.  One man groped my behind in a gay bookstore, another grabbed my private area as I was walking inside a restaurant in a gay resort.  Both of these men were twice my age.

It's very odd to have this happen - as someone who is socialized as a male in a straight small town world.  Then all of a sudden it happens to you - like when you're in an environment that has a lot of gay men - and you basically say out loud, 'What the f**k?' 

There are many gay men who just grab - they just do it and they don't think anything's wrong.  They actually think you're flattered if they do it, when really you want to slap him in the face.

It's not funny, it's not acceptable, and any man that puts his hands where they shouldn't be deserves a kick in their safety deposit box.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies