Congressional Primary Results Megathread: AR, GA, KY & TX (Runoff) - May 22
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 12:04:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Congressional Primary Results Megathread: AR, GA, KY & TX (Runoff) - May 22
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 77
Author Topic: Congressional Primary Results Megathread: AR, GA, KY & TX (Runoff) - May 22  (Read 110883 times)
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1525 on: May 15, 2018, 11:28:15 PM »

Really beautiful to see Republicans like John Morganelli and Brad Ashford getting T H R A S H E D in the primary by progressives!

I agree. Your chances to pick up those seats just fell off a cliff

Susan Wild will beat Marty Nothstein.

Dont be too sure about that. Nothstein seems like a Dent like guy. He could hold the seat, especially if someone ends up being Wild-ly left wing

This is probably a seat where the environment pushes dems to victory. There are of course plenty of examples I can pull up from 2010 where Dems had the superior centrist or ideological compromiser, but lost.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1526 on: May 15, 2018, 11:29:24 PM »

Really beautiful to see Republicans like John Morganelli and Brad Ashford getting T H R A S H E D in the primary by progressives!

Dont be too sure about that. Nothstein seems like a Dent like guy. He could hold the seat, especially if someone ends up being Wild-ly left wing

Nothstein was trailing Greg Edwards (largely considered the worst fit for the district of the Dem field) by 7 in recent polling. Wild has got this by high single digits or low double digits.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #1527 on: May 15, 2018, 11:31:08 PM »

Looks like Little will win rather comfortably in the ID-Gov primary. Shame, since that basically eliminates Jordan’s chances. At least we’re out one Freedumb Caucus member in the House.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1528 on: May 15, 2018, 11:35:51 PM »

Just a reminder that Wulfric called a race for someone that got 3rd place and and lost by 13 points. I have memorialized this event in my sig.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1529 on: May 15, 2018, 11:37:39 PM »

Just a reminder that Wulfric called a race for someone that got 3rd place and and lost by 13 points. I have memorialized this event in my sig.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #1530 on: May 15, 2018, 11:41:33 PM »

Wow such amazing wit

I worked 14 hours today im running on empty and I cant come up with better material haha
Going on AOL chatrooms to look for kids is not 'work'
Youre familiar with the show too? haha. Have you ever seen the dwarf from the episode the OG Single Texas Guy was in? He has to be in the running for dumbest criminal of all time
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1531 on: May 15, 2018, 11:41:57 PM »

Moderate Marty Nothstein

Obamacare is still the law of the land, and we need to bring it to a merciful end.  No law should be passed that only ends up taking away the doctor of your choice while raising rates on insurance that doesn’t meet your needs. The recent Tax Reform bill removed the individual mandate, but more needs to be done. The so-called Affordable Health Care Act is neither affordable nor does it deliver real health care. I will not let Congress drop this issue.

President Trump and the conservatives in Congress took a major step toward economic freedom when they passed tax reform. Today, working families will see more in their paychecks and less going to wasteful programs for special interests. It’s a start, but we need to keep working. A simplified tax code and even lower rates will unleash the economic tiger and spur new employment, higher wages, and greater prosperity. I will work hard to keep the momentum going.

https://www.martyforpa.com/issues/
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #1532 on: May 15, 2018, 11:43:05 PM »

Finishing up PA:

U.S. House District 12
Democratic Primary
CANDIDATE   VOTE   PCT.
Marc Friedenberg
12,713   50.6%

Judy Herschel
12,407   49.4
25,120 votes, 99% reporting (568 of 569 precincts)

----

WULFRIC PROJECTION - ID:

Governor
Republican Primary
CANDIDATE   VOTE   PCT.
Brad Little
34,597   37.4%

Raúl R. Labrador
27,800   30.1
Tommy Ahlquist
26,953   29.1
Lisa Marie
1,455   1.6
Steve Pankey
1,110   1.2
Harley Brown
380   0.4
Dalton Cannady
211   0.2
92,506 votes, 42% reporting (405 of 954 precincts)

Still uncalled: ID Lt. Gov R, ID Treas. R
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1533 on: May 15, 2018, 11:49:19 PM »

Goodbye to any chance at a Democratic NE-02. SAD!

Ashford was going to blow it. He ran even with Hillary as an incumbent in NE-02.

Ashford's strength as a candidate was always wildly over-rated. NE-02 is a swing district, Ashford's first win was in 2014 against a Republican whose whole career was putting his foot in his mouth and just ing up. Don Bacon was a throughly average candidate who, in normal circumstances against an incumbent with as many moderate credentials as Ashford should've lost.

I think Eastman has a shot in a good year, especially judging that she was able to beat Ashford in the primary even with Ashford having all of the institutional support in the world.

You are, accurately pointing out why Ashford has proven to be a weak candidate. So how is Eastman beating him indicative that she’ll have GE strength this November?

I think she’s a poor fit for this district overall, worse than Ashford, so if she wins I fear it’ll be a 2-year rental.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1534 on: May 15, 2018, 11:50:18 PM »

Ashford was going to blow it. He ran even with Hillary as an incumbent in NE-02.

Ashford's strength as a candidate was always wildly over-rated. NE-02 is a swing district, Ashford's first win was in 2014 against a Republican whose whole career was putting his foot in his mouth and just ing up. Don Bacon was a throughly average candidate who, in normal circumstances against an incumbent with as many moderate credentials as Ashford should've lost.

I think Eastman has a shot in a good year, especially judging that she was able to beat Ashford in the primary even with Ashford having all of the institutional support in the world.

You are, accurately pointing out why Ashford has proven to be a weak candidate. So how is Eastman beating him indicative that she’ll have GE strength this November?

It's the same reasoning Republicans used to justify why Christine O Donnell would have GE Strength in November (she lost by 16%)
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1535 on: May 16, 2018, 12:01:43 AM »

It's the same reasoning Republicans used to justify why Christine O Donnell would have GE Strength in November (she lost by 16%)

The difference comes down to swing vs turnout. In Delaware, republicans can only win by swinging a bunch of democratic and moderate voters. In other areas, like North Carolina, it doesn't matter your ideology just how many voters you turn out compared to the other guy. So, is NE02 more turnout driven or swing driven? You better find a progressive, because I am not answering that question.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1536 on: May 16, 2018, 12:03:50 AM »

The difference comes down to swing vs turnout. In Delaware, republicans can only win by swinging a bunch of democratic and moderate voters. In other areas, like North Carolina, it doesn't matter your ideology just how many voters you turn out compared to the other guy. So, is NE02 more turnout driven or swing driven? You better find a progressive, because I am not answering that question.

Given that Hillary did a lot better than Obama in that district, I think it's swing. Hillary didn't turn out anything.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1537 on: May 16, 2018, 12:10:20 AM »

Looks like Lamb got more votes in both Beaver and Allegheny than Rothfus, anyone who still has this race at tossup is insane.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1538 on: May 16, 2018, 12:19:58 AM »

Looks like Lamb got more votes in both Beaver and Allegheny than Rothfus, anyone who still has this race at tossup is insane.

Again... primaries are terrible indicators of the general.

But yes, Lamb probably easily wins in PA-18 given his cash-on-hand, great campaign skills, & excellent brand. There's nothing wrong with Rothfus, but he's facing a strong candidate in a seat that only narrowly went Trump.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1539 on: May 16, 2018, 12:25:42 AM »

But yes, Lamb probably easily wins in PA-18 given his cash-on-hand, great campaign skills, & excellent brand. There's nothing wrong with Rothfus, but he's facing a strong candidate in a seat that only narrowly went Trump.

Lamb will beat Rothfus by a similar margin, maybe a little slimmer around 56-44.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #1540 on: May 16, 2018, 12:53:36 AM »

WULFRIC PROJECTION - ID:

Treasurer
Republican Primary
CANDIDATE   VOTE   PCT.
Julie Ellsworth
46,336   37.8%

Tom Kealey
41,809   34.1
Vicky McIntyre
34,449   28.1
122,594 votes, 74% reporting (702 of 954 precincts)

Lt. Gov. R is still TCTC
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1541 on: May 16, 2018, 02:32:59 AM »

Guy Rechtenschaller is closing the gap. Keep loser Saccone out of Congress. Once a choker always a choker
For once a post from Singletxguyforfun I can agree with.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1542 on: May 16, 2018, 02:42:29 AM »

It's interesting how differently people treat Ojeda and Morganelli despite their similar views.

Ojeda is in a much more conservative district. We have to accept candidates like him there.

And they are VERY different, politically. When't the last time Ojeda favorably retweeted Michelle Malkin? Morganelli has done so repeatedly.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1543 on: May 16, 2018, 02:47:17 AM »

This is shaping up to be a VERY good night for the Dems. They're outpacing the GOP in votes, Fetterman being on the ticket with wolf will boost Western PA democrats.

Lol they're losing a historically democratic seat in Washington county by 9 points.

Thank you, Captain Buzzkill

Notice how Limo refers to Democrats as “they.” And y’all still think he’s actually a D lol

Richard is really a bad sock of his true life RRH Republican poster.

Shame on him.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1544 on: May 16, 2018, 03:06:22 AM »

Peg Luksik still running for office! Crazy never dies, I guess.

And anyone know what's up with (PA) Sen Vulkovich going down in the North Hills?
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #1545 on: May 16, 2018, 03:26:56 AM »
« Edited: May 16, 2018, 03:31:23 AM by Cal »

I think people are underestimating how likable and energetic Eastman is. Local media was constantly chattering about how Eastman was basically canvassing everyday and talking to literally anyone she could find. She'd also hold events almost every other day and attend any function that invited her, no matter how small. In debates, forums, and events, Eastman came off as likable while still being knowledgeable while Ashford seemed to resent having to be there (and he carried that sour attitude all the way to his election night party. He left when it became clear he wasn't winning and ran off before all the results came in). Eastman's policies aren't that far off from most mainstream Democrats today, and she's magnetic and willing to put in the legwork to get the votes. I don't think she should be written off just yet.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1546 on: May 16, 2018, 03:30:17 AM »

Rothfus is low energy, lost in a crimson red district in 2010 (!) and only barely won a seat that was quite literally tailor made for him in 2012. Meanwhile, Lamb is all the things you said. Calling PA-17 lean D would be generous for the Republicans.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #1547 on: May 16, 2018, 04:56:42 AM »

I think the NE-02 results foreshadow a Horsford defeat in NV-04. He’s even less impressive than Ashford, and he’s being challenged by a stronger opponent in Sen. Pat Spearman, an elected official with a history of creaming centrist Dems.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1548 on: May 16, 2018, 05:25:03 AM »

I think people are underestimating how likable and energetic Eastman is. Local media was constantly chattering about how Eastman was basically canvassing everyday and talking to literally anyone she could find. She'd also hold events almost every other day and attend any function that invited her, no matter how small. In debates, forums, and events, Eastman came off as likable while still being knowledgeable while Ashford seemed to resent having to be there (and he carried that sour attitude all the way to his election night party. He left when it became clear he wasn't winning and ran off before all the results came in). Eastman's policies aren't that far off from most mainstream Democrats today, and she's magnetic and willing to put in the legwork to get the votes. I don't think she should be written off just yet.

I hope you are right because Justice Dems are the closest thing to a left-wing Tea Party there is.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1549 on: May 16, 2018, 05:26:21 AM »

Anyone else surprised at how terribly Joe Hoeffel did?

Bring back memories of Keystone Phil discussing how terrible Hoeffel is, at length years ago.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies