CA Primary Night!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:30:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CA Primary Night!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: CA Primary Night!!  (Read 4143 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2018, 06:45:45 PM »

Cox will not win. Are we being serious right now? It's in my name, I'm as pessimistic as they come, but come on, people!
No one is saying he will. We're talking about the insurance commissioner race.

I know, but I saw some paranoia about Cox earlier, maybe it was in another thread. I guess it can't hurt to remind people about the reality of that election. I guess if people are going to freak out about a Republican winning statewide, that should be the insurance commissioner race. I don't know much about it. I can't give much input one way or the other.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2018, 09:49:20 PM »

Just based on what little post ED vote count has been updated, I doubt the percentages change much at the top staying roughly 34-26.  It does look like Chiang will pass Allen for 4th place probably because of Allen's late fade. 
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2018, 10:48:31 PM »

Cox will not win. Are we being serious right now? It's in my name, I'm as pessimistic as they come, but come on, people!

I know, but I saw some paranoia about Cox earlier, maybe it was in another thread. I guess it can't hurt to remind people about the reality of that election. I guess if people are going to freak out about a Republican winning statewide, that should be the insurance commissioner race. I don't know much about it. I can't give much input one way or the other.
Even if Cox were to win there's nothing to freak out about. He would be a check on the Democratic state legislature, which would be a good thing. There's no reason to freak out about the insurance commissioner race either. Poizner isn't running as a Republican and he's clearly the best choice for the job. He's already been endorsed by the San Francisco Chronicle and the San Jose Mercury News. Lara his opponent is just looking for his next office and his website doesn't even focus on issues that that involve the insurance commissioner.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2018, 12:29:06 AM »

Even if Cox were to win there's nothing to freak out about. He would be a check on the Democratic state legislature, which would be a good thing. There's no reason to freak out about the insurance commissioner race either. Poizner isn't running as a Republican and he's clearly the best choice for the job. He's already been endorsed by the San Francisco Chronicle and the San Jose Mercury News. Lara his opponent is just looking for his next office and his website doesn't even focus on issues that that involve the insurance commissioner.

True. And, nevertheless, Lara got almost the same number of votes as Poizner (and is likely to get lead after all votes are counted), and eliminated candidate is a Democrat. The situation in California resembles (in reverse) those in Deep South: notwithstanding how good (or bad) candidate Republicans may run - the state as a whole goes for Democrats. Some local exceptions (like Catharine Baker) can't refute this in general.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies