The Aloha Hour (WE WERE RIGHT)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:42:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Aloha Hour (WE WERE RIGHT)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Aloha Hour (WE WERE RIGHT)  (Read 2608 times)
Galaxie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 27, 2018, 10:17:41 PM »
« edited: July 29, 2018, 11:06:18 PM by Galaxie »

THE ALOHA HOUR
Atlasia's No Spin Zone

Atlasia, let's be frank.

We're tired of our "elected officials" clogging our threads and corrupting our youths.

We're tired of big-shot know-it-alls in Nyman telling us what to do.

We're tired of sensationalist media that acts like we aren't smart enough to know what really happens behind the closed doors of Congress.

We the People of Atlasia demand a no-bark, all-bite leader. A champion of the people.

I am your champion.

Join me, Galaxie, in my quest to tell you the truth, and cut through the lies that you have been fed.

Join me in The Aloha Hour. Atlasia's No Spin Zone.

Note, the views of the No-Spin-ZoneTM are not reflective of the views of MP Galaxie, or any member of the Peace Party.
Galaxie

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 10:18:23 PM »

Reserved for No-Spin Facts.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 10:28:42 PM »

Can't wait for my daily fill of grade-A TRUTH!
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 10:29:02 PM »

Can't wait for my daily fill of grade-A TRUTH!
Boobs
HCP

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 10:37:01 PM »

Galaxie

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 11:42:31 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2018, 11:46:01 PM by Galaxie »

CONTEST THIS
A No-Spin Look at Our Democracy

Atlasia, we have a problem.

Hold on, the size of this text isn't alarming enough.

Atlasia, we have a problem.

That's better.

Atlasia, we are having elections left and right and not a single one of them is being contested... What are we folks, a one party state?

I am -- as any good Atlasian should be -- appalled by how little Democracy we have in this so-called "Democracy Simulator".

Let's assess the Official No-Spin FactsTM here, folks, presented by House Speaker Pericles.

Fremont keeps on having unopposed elections, these two Senate races, the Class I Special, the FM election, Galaxie's special,  the June Senate race, Canis's special.

I agree, Mr. Speaker.

Now trust me, I am more than happy that my election wasn't contested -- I mean, who would even want to run against me in the first place? But all these other ones? That is not right. You know, if you ask me, it sounds like someone is behind this.

I've heard someone on Discord saying that I only oppose unopposed elections when it's not a left-wingers going unopposed. And yes, I'll admit I'd prefer a left-winger to win 100% of the vote
I found my April Senate race a bad experience on a personal level
I'll admit I'm partially to blame here, I considered running against Sestak and one of the main reasons I chose the House instead was because I presumed he'd beat me

Very interesting, Mr. Speaker.

Let's do some math here, folks. Since April's election where Pericles lost to wxtransit, Fremont's number of uncontested elections has skyrocketed. Notice how all of Pericles' examples are after April? I did too. Heck, I remember most of these happening!

Let's dig even deeper. Maybe the reason that Pericles has avoided running in Fremont again is because of his April loss. Let me put it this way: Pericles has stopped running, and has instead created a vengeance machine against pseudo-fascist right-winger wxtransit.

These uncontested elections are for left-wingers he wants, right? And what happens if a centrist, or worse, a real, live right winger runs? Let Sestak tell you. Pericles purposefully doesn't run and writes in candidates to humiliate the Atlasian right. Don't believe me? It's on our voting rolls, folks.

Look at our current double-special election! Pericles strategically leaves Canis' election uncontested -- he is a left winger after all, one of the good guys -- and writes-in a cry for help instead of Tea Party Hater. That cry for help may not be winning right now, but when Pericles' army hears the dog whistle and comes rolling in, nobody is safe.

I don't know exactly why we have this systematic problem in Fremont

I think I might, Mr. Speaker. When Boss Pericles doesn't want a race contested, the race stays uncontested. When Boss Pericles sees a member of the Atlasian Regressive Right, they get humiliated. Call it a conspiracy, but I call it case closed. Let's see you put your money where your mouth is, Mr. Speaker. Pericles, I call upon you to run in every single election in Fremont from this day forward. Any patriot can acknowledge a problem, but a true patriot solves it.

If that's a bit too much 100% prime rib t-bone steakTM to swallow, I'll give you an easy way out. Why don't you encourage candidates of all stripes to run -- no less than 10 per election -- to make our Democracy whole again.

Democracy dies in darkness, folks. And it's pretty freaking dark right now. Our No-Spin-ZoneTM here on The Aloha Hour is shining a big fat light, may God help us.
Boobs
HCP

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2018, 11:44:15 PM »

We are hungry for more truth!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2018, 11:56:00 PM »

razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2018, 12:33:42 AM »

What a story! Your viewership numbers must be through the roof. Can't wait to get hung up to dry on the Aloha Hour at some point in the future
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2018, 12:55:03 AM »

What a story! Your viewership numbers must be through the roof. Can't wait to get hung up to dry on the Aloha Hour at some point in the future

Part of it is me rushing back to keep looking at this thread and re-reading that article.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2018, 07:25:24 AM »

Maybe you will write one about me. The best thing to happen since sliced bread. Smiley
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2018, 10:18:11 AM »

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2018, 12:04:02 PM »

I know, right. How dare she assume I'm not a full fascist!
Galaxie

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2018, 11:06:06 PM »
« Edited: July 30, 2018, 01:39:40 AM by Galaxie »

WE WERE RIGHT

WRITE IN WALLACE TAKES THE LEADHenryWallaceVP; 54.55%(12 votes)
Tea Party Hater; 45.45%(10 votes)

The Atlasian Post projects that, for Fremont's Class II Senate seat, it is Too Close to Call

Note that Wallace is a valid write-in candidate, having confirmed his candidacy and written in himself, and furthermore he has told me he intends to win the Senate seat outright.

FOLKS. In a stunning but altogether unsurprising turn of events, Pericles appears to have taken an old card out of his playbook and decided to field Fmr. Senator HenryWallaceVP to run against mecha conservative Tea Party Hater, and the craziest part is... IT WORKED.

Don't let the name "Tea Party Hater" fool you here, Atlasia, this dude is a cold-blooded killer. He is almost certainly rabidly capitalist, and almost certainly up to no good. Because Pericles forgot to humiliate the right in this election, our first blockbuster article gave him the reminder he needed.

Note that Wallace is a valid write-in candidate, having confirmed his candidacy and written in himself, and furthermore he has told me he intends to win the Senate seat outright.

Notice how HenryWallace and Pericles have already corresponded over this election and the former's intentions to win the seat? I'm not saying the conveniently-timed insurgent candidacy from the lately inactive Wallace was an inside job, but I am saying that someone from the inside definitely had something to say about this.

You can go to sleep easily tonight, Fremont. Our satanically conservative interim Senator is out of a job, and Boss Pericles has again scored a win for Atlasia's Political MachinesTM.

You may ask where we get our crystal ball from. We don't have one. We instead have minds liberated from the lamestream media's laser-eyes and hearts big enough for all of Atlasia. The next time you see something on these mean streets that the Old Guard don't want us to know, give us a shout. We listen to you, the people.

This has been The Aloha HourTM Special Election Special. Atlasia's No-Spin-ZoneTM
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2018, 11:08:43 PM »

I didn't actually persuade Wallace to enter the race. My correspondence with him was asking if he was a protest vote or actually wanted the seat.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2018, 11:12:01 PM »

It is true!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2018, 11:17:35 PM »

Once again proving my accusation that Pericles doesn't actually care about uncontested elections.

Though I'm glad there's someone on the same side of the aisle as him calling him out.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2018, 11:18:48 PM »

Once again proving my accusation that Pericles doesn't actually care about uncontested elections.

Though I'm glad there's someone on the same side of the aisle as him calling him out.

lol you don't get this thread and your point is completely wrong.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2018, 11:21:19 PM »

lol you don't get this thread and your point is completely wrong.

> pretends he cares about uncontested elections
> is more than happy to vote in an uncontested election when it's a lefty

Seriously, anyone with a brain can see through your BS, Peri.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2018, 11:24:33 PM »

I’d like to see a court case on whether or not someone can delete their vote and vote again. I have doubts on it but am unsure if there is precedent.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2018, 11:32:05 PM »

I’d like to see a court case on whether or not someone can delete their vote and vote again. I have doubts on it but am unsure if there is precedent.

That'd be helpful, while Truman is great nailing down the answer to this would be helpful. Wallace would still win regardless, at least going by the current count.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2018, 02:16:20 AM »

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2018, 03:47:30 AM »
« Edited: July 30, 2018, 03:52:07 AM by Fmr. Pres. Griff »

While it would be interesting to see what the outcome is for precedent's sake, fortunately, such a case would not be a deciding factor in this election. Even if Pericles' vote were invalidated in this contest, Section 7 of the Fremont Constitution states that in the event of a tie in final preferences (in this hypothetical w/o Pericles, 11-11), the tie shall be broken in favor of the candidate with "the greatest number of first preferences". In this situation, HenryWallaceVP wins with 11 first preferences to TPH's 10.

It's also worth noting that TPH made a second post in the thread shortly before it closed and then later deleted it. I believe under any definition or situation in which Pericles' vote would be invalidated, so should TPH's.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2018, 10:45:53 AM »

In my time here, it has been considered valid to delete your ballot and submit a new ballot. This happened in my first election and a few weeks ago, I honored a similar precedent by giving the heads up to do the same thing (although in this case, people started voting too early and three or so people ended up deleting and re-voting - I also deleted a post prior to voting in the thread when I warned that all early votes would be invalid). If you ask me, from the standpoint of being the election administrator, Pericles had followed all rules at the time of closing by looking solely at the voting booth thread so if this had not gone public, it'd be hard to prove that Pericles did indeed cast an illegal vote because we obviously can't see deleted posts. Someone has a few hours before I will certify the results to change my mind but I see no legal argument that one can not delete their vote.
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2018, 10:51:24 AM »

Millions and millions of illegal Greek statesmen voted in the Frémont Senate election! Thank you, Future Empress MP Galaxie, for opening Atlasia's eyes to the loony lefties and their strategizing
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies