Tmth/Lumine For The People: June Announcement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 02:00:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Tmth/Lumine For The People: June Announcement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Tmth/Lumine For The People: June Announcement  (Read 8031 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2019, 09:56:24 PM »

...also YE, I think it is a bit weak that you initially criticized me for entering in late and said the ticket changes were bad for the game, yet you just essentially said that the only reason your campaign hasn't been active is because "it's still early." I hope we can have an active campaign going forward and that the Sestak/YE ticket matches the high energy that other tickets are bringing!!
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2019, 01:53:44 AM »
« Edited: February 05, 2019, 01:57:56 AM by VP YE »

...also YE, I think it is a bit weak that you initially criticized me for entering in late and said the ticket changes were bad for the game, yet you just essentially said that the only reason your campaign hasn't been active is because "it's still early." I hope we can have an active campaign going forward and that the Sestak/YE ticket matches the high energy that other tickets are bringing!!

I wouldn't say our campaign has been inactive, considering the number of PMs that I and especially Sestak have sent, not to mention the fact I've been doing stuff like updating the Peace Party platform that I think should give voters an idea on where I and my party said on the issues. I'm sure the situation will (and if this thread is any indication, is approaching at the speed of sound) arise where a much greater use of our campaign thread is necessary as the election weekend creeps up on yes.

I never criticized you for entering in late but while ticket changes on a flat surface aren't explicitly bad for the game, they can be a sign of instability (and in this case considering how many endorsements YT got after you entered and before he dropped out, I suspect it is though I could be wrong) and I'd say there's a non-zero chance of said instability carrying over when actually in office, and thus bad for the game. If YT had never run for president and if you had declared when you did and been the first person to declare in the Federalist party, my earlier criticism would not have applied.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2019, 02:57:27 AM »

activity, to the outsourcing of the game into Discord

Nothing aggravates me more than the faux openness and the illusion of inclusiveness that Discord brings.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2019, 11:40:51 AM »

I never criticized you for entering in late but while ticket changes on a flat surface aren't explicitly bad for the game, they can be a sign of instability (and in this case considering how many endorsements YT got after you entered and before he dropped out, I suspect it is though I could be wrong) and I'd say there's a non-zero chance of said instability carrying over when actually in office, and thus bad for the game. If YT had never run for president and if you had declared when you did and been the first person to declare in the Federalist party, my earlier criticism would not have applied.
...For those following along, a friendly reminder that YE is the 2nd VP in the current unpopular WB administration which has had significant turnover and positions left vacant in the cabinet.

There's really no evidence that a ticket forming late in the process will result in instability/inactivity once they're in office. As stated in my announcement speech, the instability/inactivity in the election up to this point was actually one of the main reasons I decided to run in the first place!
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2019, 04:50:21 PM »

Glad to see such a qualified and involved ticket emerge. Endorsed
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2019, 07:01:30 PM »

Glad to see such a qualified and involved ticket emerge. Endorsed
Thank you!!!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2019, 07:06:10 PM »

Statement from the Tmthforu94/Lumine Campaign

I'm shocked and saddened to see that Sestak has left the game. While we have our political differences, he has been a great contributor to the game and has played a key role at keeping Congress moving despite inactivity from the White House. He leaves big shoes to fill in the Senate.

As I have stated before, RL always comes first and I have taken similar actions in the past for my own personal reasons. I won't fault Sestak or the Labor Party for this happening. Whether MB or YE becomes the new Labor nominee, or if someone else emerges, I hope we can still have an active and spirited campaign in the final weeks.

X TM
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2019, 08:42:00 PM »

Undoubtedly one's personal health and real life must always come first and be placed above that of the game. Although it is more than understandable when this happens, it is certainly a loss for the nation when we lose prominent officeholders. We welcome YE and Jimmy to the race, and whatever happens in the coming days, it is also my strong hope that the remaining days before the election will feature an active discourse and an open campaign, and our commitment to offering Atlasia an active alternative for change remains stronger than ever.
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2019, 10:43:40 PM »

Endorsed
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2019, 12:24:58 AM »

Want to reiterate my endorsement for this ticket!
RFayette 🇻🇦
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2019, 12:58:31 PM »

Endorsed
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2019, 08:54:17 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2019, 08:57:49 PM by tmthforu94 »

Tmth/Lumine Campaign Stop: Denver, Colorado

Good evening, Colorado! Thank you to everyone for braving the cold weather to come out to our event tonight.

One year ago, I had a spot on the Supreme Court of Atlasia and had no intentions on leaving that position anytime soon. However, soon after, a crisis happened in my home region - The South - soon to be Jefferson!!! In late June, failed Governor Fairboi disappeared without notice, leaving our region in limbo and without leadership. At that point I decided to step in - with my experience and enthusiasm for the game, I felt I could make a positive contribution on my home region.

Flash forward to today and I'm proud of the work we've done in The South. I went back and checked the history books - because of all of the hard work from our Delegates, we passed more legislation in 2018 than any region in Atlasian history. Our region was quick and responsive to GM stories, which I think is a key element that has been missing from the game. When we had an issue with our Southern budget, we didn't punt the ball and wait for another year like one of our legislators suggested - instead we got to work and found a quick solution. And despite high turnover in the Chamber, we kept things stable.

Today, I see a similar crisis nationwide. We have a President who has virtually disappeared on us. There has been a revolving door of candidates and the political landscape is rapidly changing by the hour, creating a feeling of instability. That is why I decided to jump in the race late. I see a problem in this game and am ready to fix it.

Strong leadership at the top is essential for creating stability and activity. Lumine and I both have long records of providing stability and activity to the positions we've held. He did a fantastic job as Secretary of State, posting frequent updates and facilitating an end to the war against China. I have focused on domestic policy in my home region and helped spur activity and competitiveness in elections. Active leaders encourages active legislators  - it is a ripple effect. This has been evidenced by our great success in The South, where we have accomplished so much. I attribute Fremont leadership, including my opponent YE, for helping improve the situation in Fremont as well!!

Finally, to elude to a point Peanut made in a speech yesterday - civility. The nastiness has gotten ridiculous - we can get petty and have drama at times, sure, but the level of meanness and negativity has gone too far. I can promise that our administration won't devote time to trashing those who oppose our agenda - if there is a TM/Lumine Administration Discord, I can promise you that there won't be a channel dedicated to bashing opposition, as there has been recently. We have to get this game back to the point where we can have active, rigorous debates without letting it get personal and vindictive.

Tmth and Lumine are ready to provide the bold leadership that Atlasia desperately needs. There are a lot of great people in this game, I know we can make it even better. It's time to do great things in Atlasia, both in terms of policy and game reform. Thank you to every who has supported us so far, and for those who aren't on board yet, we hope to earn your vote throughout the remainder of this campaign!!!

Thank you and Dave Bless!!
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2019, 11:34:38 PM »

Endorsed 2k19 brah
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2019, 11:45:52 PM »

Endorsed!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2019, 07:19:08 PM »

With the Federalist Primary for President now over, Endorsed!!!
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2019, 10:16:07 PM »

Enthusiastically endorsed!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2019, 10:37:34 PM »

Tmth/Lumine for The People: Foreign Policy

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen!

Today I should like to take the opportunity to speak to all of you about the foreign policy vision Tmth and myself have for Atlasia and which we’d like to actively implement if elected.

After a prolonged storyline of over a year, both victory and peace were achieved in the Far East with the end of the conflict in Korea, an accomplishment achieved thanks to the hard work of Presidents, Secretaries of State and members of the National Security Council to which both Tmth and I have engaged with, Tmth via reacting to storylines as Governor and myself by working hard at the State Department to ensure Atlasia could have a lasting peace.

This hard work and these accomplishments on the field of diplomacy allow us a new situation to be dealt with by the next Administration, a new context of great potential we cannot allow to be wasted on inactivity, on irresponsibility or in a lack of engagement. And so the guiding vision behind this foreign policy is that having successfully ended our participation on this necessary intervention to protect our allies and save so many Korean from the specters of famine or totalitarianism, it is now the time to maintain the peace that was so hard to gain.

We must strengthen our security and our current international relationships, repair the damage of the war caused to our armed forces, ensure that the peace is lasting, take proper care of the North Korean Civil War and Second Korean War veterans and the need to provide them with support, and ensure that other challenges which require measures responses or constant engagement are not ignored or kept at the background but instead are tackled by an active foreign policy team which is focused, on point and responsible with their duties and responsibilities.

If elected, a Tmth / Lumine Administration will ensure a strong and clear direction for foreign affairs both active on its engagement and reasonably public in the way in which it communicates to the people what it intends to do or how it sees different events taking place, ensuring the people of Atlasia know where the Administration stands and thus facilitate a public debate on the various minutiae of foreign policy. We will ensure the peace in the Far East is kept and our allies defended.

We will seek a democratic transition to democracy in Venezuela through firm and consensual efforts whilst ruling out a military intervention. We will ensure measures are implemented to care for our newest veterans and honor their sacrifice. We will update outdated or introduce necessary legislation in the realm of foreign affairs. We will continue to rebuild, repair or build new relationships with potential new partners following precedents such as the State Department’s work with Singapore or Cambodia.

You might ask, why should we be trusted with foreign affairs? Because both of us have been in the Oval Office and have been the Commander in Chief of Atlasia. And under our watch significant reforms took place to improve the way foreign policy was handled, and we led successful foreign policy teams which got things done. Under our watch as Presidents, Atlasia was kept safe even against dangerous threats, with no ruinous wars started, no irresponsible decisions taken, and always recognizing the inherent danger in being excessively dogmatic.

Tmthforu has also been, among other things, an Ambassador for our nation and a regional executive who actually engages with foreign events. Myself I have led the State Department in what I’d like to think is a successful tenure, and have pushed for greater care and emphasis on foreign policy. This is THE ticket thoroughly tested and accomplished when it comes to foreign policy, with a proven record of leadership and accomplishments, and with the right ideas to move forward.

We have won the war, ladies and gentlemen, and we have won the peace. Let us now secure and consolidate that peace under this great ticket!

Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2019, 04:20:27 PM »

If you have already answered this question forgive me. But what are your plans on Game Reform?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2019, 06:02:29 PM »

If you have already answered this question forgive me. But what are your plans on Game Reform?
Going to title this response just so it can be easier accessed. Wink I expected this to be a short response but I can become long-winded when it comes to game reform!! Below are a couple points, expect more to come, especially in the debate that begins tomorrow!!

Tmth/Lumine for The People: Game Reform

Our administration will be looking at the game as a whole and facilitate discussions on how we can improve various aspects. Examples include we have include the style of government we have - should we look at a parliamentary system? I have several reservations but polling has shown this is something that The People are interested in, so I think it warrants a serious look at the issue and determine the logistics of what it could be. I can delve into concerns and opportunities at a later point, possibly during the debate that begins tomorrow!

Additionally there are smaller items that should be examined that would have quicker implementation. For me, a top priority will be major reform to the Vice Presidency - whether that be a separate popular vote election, elected by Congress or another solution. I think the VP position is no longer just a placeholder - it has too much responsibility to just be used as a way to shore up votes in elections, as it has been in the past. That's why when I was picking a VP, my main priority was finding someone who is active and has a strong understanding on every aspect of how Congress works, because I'll even admit that I don't know the process fully as it has changed since when I passed the 2016 rules package. I lucked out with Lumine because he's also a popular guy with broad appeal. Smiley

A big aspect of game reform to me is a fundamental shift in how the game operates - I believe it has become too much of an election simulation with the biggest question being: "which side will have better turnout" as opposed to which candidate is more knowledgeable, active, etc. While we haven't had a story in a while, the GM's office has signaled that they'll have more stories for regions and the federal government to respond to, and I think it's important that we encourage, perhaps mandate leadership to respond to crises as they arise. I'm not just trying to sustain the game to where it was recently when activity levels were better, I want to improve the game long-term, and i have a record that backs me up on the topic of GM reform.

We were at war with China and most Atlasians probably didn't even know about it! I made multiple tweets about visiting Chinese business leaders during a war and no one caught on. This might be something that can be done legislatively, but I think it is more of just changing what the perception of this game is in people's mind. Instead of focusing on winning elections, the focus should be on governing well. If you govern well, elections should be easy. Smiley My record in The South is a good indication of that!!

I think each discussion on game reform should be a collaboration of diverse points of view - my game experience is different than someone like Tack who is new to the game, and all points should be considered. I don't have all of the answers, but I think if we get these tough conversations started, we can find even more ways to improve this game.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2019, 12:28:48 AM »

Update from Tmth: Spent the day at my alma mater - the University of Kansas. Great institution. Had a wonderful time watching the basketball game and got to interact with a lot of constituents on how we can improve our country. Nice win for KU, too bad OU lost big at home today!!!! They are really struggling. Tongue

Am currently working on debate responses, stay tuned!! Will also quote my answers in this thread for folks to see.

Tmth and Benson spending time on KU campus (circa January 2017)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2019, 03:30:54 PM »

Endorsed
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2019, 04:54:46 PM »

The first round of the debate is now complete! You can view my responses below. You can also follow along with the debate by clicking here. Only MB and myself have responded to the initial questioning round, hopefully YE will join us eventually!

Candidate Tmth at the Presidential Debate

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Absolutely. Sorry if it goes against debate protocol to answer this question early, but I think we’ve fallen behind in the Space Race and unsure if anything has actually been done in Atlasia to promote it. There is so much to learn from studying the galaxy that can boost our scientific advancements here on Earth. In terms of Atlasia, one item I’d look at is including responsibilities for NASA within a cabinet position, likely the Secretary of Internal Affairs. I think we need to relook at the Mars Exploration Project and increase funding so that this can be continued and expedited. I can’t give a timetable - I'd need to have more discussions with NASA leaders, but I want Atlasia to be the first country that puts someone on Mars.

[/quote]
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2019, 12:29:20 PM »

Tmth/Lumine Campaign Stop: Columbus, Ohio

Yesterday evening, Vice Presidential candidate Jimmy gave a foreign policy speech that attacked the Tmth/Lumine record on foreign policy. The speech made several baseless claims and was very dishonest. After my initial questioning, Lumine called Jimmy out in this thread.

I appreciate VP YE for taking ownership and apologizing for this instance, and I also appreciate that they're putting their attacks/concerns out in the open instead of a private smear campaign; this is becoming an exciting campaign!! It still raised a number of concerns for me. I was even more troubled when I came back online this morning and saw that YE acknowledged the speech wasn't even written by himself or Jimmy. Jimmy is the one who took a negative, plagiarized speech and posted it. We haven't heard from him yet, but this shows a complete lack of judgement. What if he were giving a speech and attacked a foreign leader? You can't just walk back and say, "Oops! Sorry, didn't mean it."

I want to be clear: every speech that has given by myself and Lumine has been our own work. We've ran the speeches by each other and have asked a couple close advisers for feedback, but it has been our own writing, our own words. It also seems apparent that so far, YE and Jimmy are not on the same page. Lumine and I are locked in-sync in this campaign - while we have differences of opinion on a couple issues, we are in agreement on the direction Atlasia needs to take and how to get there. We also have the same philosophy in how to run a competent, respectable campaign.

Lumine and I are committed to running a substantive campaign. Criticism will come from both sides, but it should be able to be backed up. For any critiques we have our opponents, we'll have receipts to back it up. In the final days of this campaign and as we finalize the debate, Tmth/Lumine will continue to prove that we are the best ticket to lead Atlasia forward.  I ask for your vote and support, thank you!!

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2019, 12:03:49 AM »

Endorsed for president
Xeuma
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: 0.00

P