AtlasMod 2.0 Installed - See here for features
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:09:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  AtlasMod 2.0 Installed - See here for features
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: AtlasMod 2.0 Installed - See here for features  (Read 7718 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 09, 2019, 11:15:35 AM »
« edited: April 21, 2019, 07:59:58 AM by Virginiá »

AtlasMod 2.0

Features:

1. Save drafts of posts and personal messages

You can now save drafts of messages. A button labeled 'Save Draft' should be visible on post and PM pages. To view your current drafts, go to your profile and on the action links table, click the 'Atlas - Drafts' link. Alternatively, if you have enabled the enhanced post editor (read below), a list of drafts will show below the editor if you have any saved drafts for the board you are currently about to post on.

https://i.imgur.com/THYXTe5.png

2. Enhanced post editor

A rich text post editor has been added to the forum, which will allow you to view your post as it will appear (more or less), and toggle between text and display mode. This will allow you to craft rich, detailed posts faster. Click the link for an example of what this looks like.

https://i.imgur.com/cvow7pB.png

Go to your AtlasMod Profile Options to enable the new post editor

Note: For the time being, the social media bbcode buttons AND the saved drafts list will not appear on the old text editor page. You need to enable the new editor for it to show up

3. YouTube / Instagram / Facebook BBCodes

Atlas now supports bbcode for these popular services.

4. Recommended posts

This is a trial run of a like post feature. You may recommend a post, but there is no equivalent feature for not recommending. Total recommendations are not available for a user, so you may only see it on a per-post basis.

This general idea has been polarizing, so if the community ultimately does not want it after a month or so, it will be disabled.

https://i.imgur.com/545MW0v.png

5. Poll redesign / partisan vote data

Poll threads have been redesigned and new features have been included. Partisan data based on user avatars is now available, and the way multi-choice poll results are calculated has been changed. You may toggle between the old and new calculations by clicking a link that will appear on the bottom right corner of multi-choice polls.

https://i.imgur.com/q7q2Y2i.png

6. New features for Recent Posts

The recent post page can now has filters to narrow down the range of posts displayed. You may show recent posts from certain categories, certain boards and may also opt to only show posts from users on your buddy list.

View the Recent Posts page to use this new feature!

7. View threads created by a user

This complements the 'Show the last posts of this person.' feature on a user's profile page. You may now use an equivalent feature that shows their latest threads.

8. Quoted user ignore feature

The ignore feature has been enhanced yet again to allow redaction of quoted posts by users on your ignore list. This feature must be enabled on your Atlas Mod Profile Options page.

https://i.imgur.com/4V550mQ.png

9. Statistics page now shows total post/thread counts by year

Historical data now tallied for each year (except current one)

10. Atlasia Politician custom user group

Politicians of Atlasia will now have the opportunity to have a custom user group, which includes a different color in the online users list and different star images. The list of users in this group should be submitted to a Modadmin after each Atlasia election.

https://i.imgur.com/MpRGp4J.png

Other changes

* Dark-mode tweet setting available in AtlasMod Profile Options
* Threads over 5 pages long now require a moderator to delete
* Adding pictures to the gallery now requires you to choose a category before continuing
* New moderation features
* Signature character limit increased slightly to 550
* Maximum PM recipients increased to 8
* A couple new anti-spam features added to reduce clutter from spam bots
* Numerous optimizations to SMF and AtlasMod code, including an "Election Night Mode" feature
* Various bug fixes

Enjoy!

- vi
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 11:19:49 AM »

Should have figured the effortpost would be another thread.
I like it, but by the time I get used to it, Atlas'll probably be updating again. Tongue
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 11:20:01 AM »

This is all appreciated, except for the recommend button. Keep it up!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 11:28:34 AM »

Wow, Virginia, this is excellent! Thank you!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 11:33:29 AM »

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 11:40:36 AM »

Wait, you didn't mention the best part - you can't like your own posts!

Neutral Feature -> Lean Freedom Feature
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 11:43:48 AM »

This.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 11:44:26 AM »

I really like how the post edited marker was moved from the body of a post to the header of a post though.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 12:01:13 PM »

FF move. Can finally read atlas on school wifi coz the tweets don't block the rest of the page from loading anymore.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2019, 12:04:16 PM »

Thank you, Virginia!  Atlas has officially entered the 21st century!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2019, 12:44:54 PM »

All really nice and useful additions, thanks!
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2019, 01:36:21 PM »

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2019, 03:05:59 PM »

FF move. Can finally read atlas on school wifi coz the tweets don't block the rest of the page from loading anymore.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2019, 03:13:28 PM »

In Virginia We Trust.
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2019, 03:27:33 PM »

I am really not a fan of this idea, and I will suggest an alternative solution:

Threads can only be deleted if there is only a single post on the thread, and by the person who made that post. However, users who made the 1st post on the thread will have the ability to essentially delete their post without deleting the thread, in which case, the 2nd post on the thread becomes the 1st post, and whoever made that post becomes the new controller of the thread.
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2019, 03:44:52 PM »

It seems that a mod is going around and adding Spaces to display names as needed for people whose display names previously caused some type of table stretching glitch without telling them or anything like that to remove the glitches. I know my username is among those that were changed in the process. I really do not mind (I would have changed it myself if I were ever to have received any form of complaint by literally anyone in a personal message about the issue, which never happened), but I am posting the observation along with informing people about the fact that someone was doing this who might have been unaware. It also clearly could not have been an AI mechanism since there seems to have been a level of human intelligence involved when it was determined to place the Space in my display name between the "r" and the "P".
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2019, 03:45:31 PM »

I am really not a fan of this idea, and I will suggest an alternative solution:

Threads can only be deleted if there is only a single post on the thread, and by the person who made that post. However, users who made the 1st post on the thread will have the ability to essentially delete their post without deleting the thread, in which case, the 2nd post on the thread becomes the 1st post, and whoever made that post becomes the new controller of the thread.

For whatever reason SMF was designed not to allow a person to just delete their first post and essentially hand over the thread to another person. I don't want to invest the time to work around that and re-design it.

Honestly this project should have been done months ago, but I've been perpetually busy or tired or whatever that I couldn't finish what was essentially a finished project since October or so. POINT being, I don't really have time to do this. I have so many other things I have to do, programming-wise.
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2019, 03:46:54 PM »

It seems that a mod is going around and adding Spaces to display names as needed for people whose display names previously caused some type of table stretching glitch without telling them or anything like that to remove the glitches. I know my username is among those that were changed in the process. I really do not mind (I would have changed it myself if I were ever to have received any form of complaint by literally anyone in a personal message about the issue, which never happened), but I am posting the observation along with informing people about the fact that someone was doing this who might have been unaware. It also clearly could not have been an AI mechanism since there seems to have been a level of human intelligence involved when it was determined to place the Space in my display name between the "r" and the "P".
I decided to double the spacing myself by the way by adding an addition Space between the "h" and the "F".
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2019, 05:23:06 PM »

STUPENDOUS!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2019, 06:42:16 PM »

So after reviewing the new hyperlink tools, it is a bit difficult to navigate and change spelling mistakes mid-review. I’ll get used to it, but otherwise everything is pretty clear on what they mean by pictographs alone.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2019, 06:52:02 PM »

So after reviewing the new hyperlink tools, it is a bit difficult to navigate and change spelling mistakes mid-review. I’ll get used to it, but otherwise everything is pretty clear on what they mean by pictographs alone.

What do you mean?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2019, 07:08:53 PM »

What do you mean?
So I post mainly on mobile, and a huge chunk of that is by citing news stories. With the old system, it would post the [url or quote] command on the text box and I’d manually type it out. On the new, it pops up a text box for urls. I’m saying I can’t go back and change it in that text box, instead I have to finish the command and update it lastly before posting.

I personally liked the old system, I feel as if it allowed for quicker fixes of grammatical errors and reflection, instead of a two step process here. The old system also doesn’t repeat the link itself as what I want in the plain title box.

Look at this, I only pasted something in once instead of the usual twice, not deleting anything.
https://uselectionatlas.org/ See, it carries the link forward.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2019, 07:32:20 PM »

Ohh I see. Mobile would make it a little trickier. If it does get to be too annoying, you can always just use the old text editor. However you won't see what drafts you have saved right under the editor anymore nor the social media bbcode buttons.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2019, 07:35:25 PM »

I personally don't like the recommended aspect of it, I find it useless
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2019, 07:49:42 PM »

I’ll gladly stake my flag on defending the recommend feature, please keep it. This is the only forum I frequent that didn’t have a post liking option.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies