LC 2.20 Lincoln Carbon Taxation Act (Statute) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:10:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LC 2.20 Lincoln Carbon Taxation Act (Statute) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LC 2.20 Lincoln Carbon Taxation Act (Statute)  (Read 1828 times)
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 24, 2019, 03:39:55 PM »

I oppose this legislation for the same reasons I opposed the Lincoln Carbon Act.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 03:50:11 PM »

I oppose this legislation for the same reasons I opposed the Lincoln Carbon Act.

What were those reasons

Although this bill is hardly as egregious as LC 1.10, I cannot support legislation that allows for corporations to purchase exemptions to pollute.

My comment from the March By-Election:

The "Lincoln Carbon Act" is in essence is a skewed solution that unfairly shifts the burden for healing our atmosphere onto the working class when the greatest share of energy usage is consumed by corporate enterprise. This act would needlessly commodify carbon, thus granting a blank check to high-profit corporations to purchase carbon credits in a manufactured marketplace to the detriment of smaller businesses and lower income families. If a corporate entity stands to profit ten dollars for every five dollars taxed through a carbon initiative, what do they stand to lose in continuing business as usual?

I support a fair means to regulate carbon emissions as part of a greater array of climate legislation: one that ensures that the concerns of market capitalism are treated as a symptom of the climate crisis, not a solution. If elected to the fifth seat on the council, should the bill once more come to a vote in its current state, I shall oppose it.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 12:10:59 PM »

I support the proposed amendment wholeheartedly.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 04:56:41 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies