Biden halts ammo to Israel
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:18:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden halts ammo to Israel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Biden halts ammo to Israel  (Read 2727 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2024, 01:07:49 PM »

He’s not gonna lose the votes of Pro Israel democrats, the question is what’s gonna happen with Haley voters . Most Haley voters already despise his policies on the economy, immigration but were considering supporting him for foreign policy reasons . Well if that reason is gone then , that hurts him as well given how narrowly he won in 2020 . Now does this mean Trump will get their votes , no because Trump still hasn’t given an indication that he will reach out to those voters but if he does then that could cause Biden real problems

I'm sorry but does everybody understand how sociopathic this post is?
Encouraging Biden to stand by and watch the massacre of thousands of innocent women and children because if he does something to save them he might lose the votes of a handful of bigots?  

Thousands of german women and children were killed by the allies during WWII. Was it unjustified?

We aren't in the 1940s any more. People have supposedly evolved.
These atrocities were the impetus to adopt the Geneva conventions and establish what constitutes a war crime.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2024, 01:10:45 PM »

He’s not gonna lose the votes of Pro Israel democrats, the question is what’s gonna happen with Haley voters . Most Haley voters already despise his policies on the economy, immigration but were considering supporting him for foreign policy reasons . Well if that reason is gone then , that hurts him as well given how narrowly he won in 2020 . Now does this mean Trump will get their votes , no because Trump still hasn’t given an indication that he will reach out to those voters but if he does then that could cause Biden real problems

Encouraging Biden to stand by and watch the massacre of thousands of innocent women and children because if he does something to save them he might lose the votes of a handful of bigots?  

Thousands of german women and children were killed by the allies during WWII. Was it unjustified?

We aren't in the 1940s any more. People have supposedly evolved.
These atrocities were the impetus to adopt the Geneva conventions and establish what constitutes a war crime.

Israel and Ukraine winning is more important than international law. I would be perfectly fine with Ukraine hitting inside Russian territory if that means they have a better chance of winning the war even if it violates some so called ICC law.

The latter is useless , and the fact is all these liberal internationalist organizations have proven to be nothing but failures reigning in the power of the CCP, Russia and Islamists.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2024, 01:13:11 PM »

This comparison will never be relevant no matter how many times ethnic cleansing advocates invoke it.

Palestinian nationalism literally is the Islamic version of Nazism. Even Grand Mufti aside, they have stated over and over that they seek to genocide Jews and have proven over and over again they intend to do that no matter how many liberals seem to think they dont.

Despite all of this, they would have had a state by now if they did not reject deals Israel offered them in 2000 and 2008 because the reality is they hate Israel and Jews more than they want statehood . It is actually insane how you keep believing that Israel should just stand by and do nothing and smear their efforts as ethnic cleansing because it 100% is not.

The fact is the only way a two state solution will ever happen is Palestinian nationalism as its currently constructed is completely destroyed

Lol, I never said Israel should "do nothing." I've only said they shouldn't indiscriminately bomb civilians in urban areas for the sole purpose of bloodthirsty revenge. If you're so concerned about antisemitism, why are you encouraging the Jewish state to pursue a path that is turning it into an international pariah hated by Muslims everywhere? Antisemitism is inherently irrational and racist. Why give people a concrete excuse to adhere to it?

Israel is less of a pariah than it was 40 years ago in the region and the world so this point is false. Its only more so among brainwashed young progressives and young paleocons
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2024, 01:13:43 PM »

This comparison will never be relevant no matter how many times ethnic cleansing advocates invoke it.

They can't comprehend the difference between a fully developed nation waging unprovoked total war against all its neighbors, while committing genocide, and the Palestinian territories.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2024, 01:14:57 PM »

Israel and Ukraine winning is more important than international law. I would be perfectly fine with Ukraine hitting inside Russian territory if that means they have a better chance of winning the war even if it violates some so called ICC law.

The latter is useless , and the fact is all these liberal internationalist organizations have proven to be nothing but failures reigning in the power of the CCP, Russia and Islamists.

I just pray to God that a majority of Americans haven't your mentality or otherwise the Mad Max series will become a frightening reality.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2024, 01:38:09 PM »

Palestinian nationalism literally is the Islamic version of Nazism. Even Grand Mufti aside, they have stated over and over that they seek to genocide Jews and have proven over and over again they intend to do that no matter how many liberals seem to think they dont.

Despite all of this, they would have had a state by now if they did not reject deals Israel offered them in 2000 and 2008 because the reality is they hate Israel and Jews more than they want statehood . It is actually insane how you keep believing that Israel should just stand by and do nothing and smear their efforts as ethnic cleansing because it 100% is not.

The fact is the only way a two state solution will ever happen is Palestinian nationalism as its currently constructed is completely destroyed

Lol, I never said Israel should "do nothing." I've only said they shouldn't indiscriminately bomb civilians in urban areas for the sole purpose of bloodthirsty revenge. If you're so concerned about antisemitism, why are you encouraging the Jewish state to pursue a path that is turning it into an international pariah hated by Muslims everywhere? Antisemitism is inherently irrational and racist. Why give people a concrete excuse to adhere to it?

Israel is less of a pariah than it was 40 years ago in the region and the world so this point is false. Its only more so among brainwashed young progressives and young paleocons

I'm sorry, but you just cannot read. I said Israel is "becoming" a pariah, which is true-- its actions have received nothing but condemnation from the international Muslim community, and multiple international institutions are looking into claims of ethnic cleansing and genocide. Israel's only friends on the global stage right now are western neocons (a legendarily unpopular political class) and sh*tposters from Mumbai who reflexively oppose Muslims in any international conflict.

And by what mechanism are young people being "brainwashed?" You mean by seeing the objective truth of what Israel is doing on their social media feeds?
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2024, 01:45:39 PM »

Why should Israel give a frick about being hated by Muslims? Their mere existence is enough for Muslims to hate them, so there's no reason to care. America and Europe are perpetually unpopular in these "Muslim" countries (until comes the time to beg for asylum) and there's not much they can do. Hell, based on what I know of sharia, if radical islamists don't hate you, you must be doing something wrong.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2024, 01:49:55 PM »

Why should Israel give a frick about being hated by Muslims? Their mere existence is enough for Muslims to hate them, so there's no reason to care. America and Europe are perpetually unpopular in these "Muslim" countries (until comes the time to beg for asylum) and there's not much they can do. Hell, based on what I know of sharia, if radical islamists don't hate you, you must be doing something wrong.

Just because you hate Muslims that doesn't mean that the rest of the world enjoys watching them being massacred.
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2024, 01:55:22 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2024, 02:01:16 PM by Agafin »

Just because you hate Muslims that doesn't mean that the rest of the world enjoys watching them being massacred.

I don't enjoy watching Muslims being massacred. I was responding to someone who claimed that Israel should try to avoid being hated by Muslim countries. My answer is that it would be similar to telling Ukraine to avoid being hated by Russians. Their mere existence is enough to elicit hatred.

edit: You know what, you are actually right, I'm a little prejudiced against Muslims. I need some introspection.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2024, 02:03:19 PM »

Can't speak for Israel, but I care because of the chain of logic it creates. People like you and OSR constantly make thinly-veiled remarks about how "antisemitism should be eradicated." What does antisemitism mean? Apparently, it means hating Israel. Well, guess what-- there are two million people in Gaza (granted, fewer with each passing day) who hate Israel for perfectly good reasons. What exactly do you want to do to them? Please, just come out and say it. Stop wasting everybody's time with these pathetic obfuscations.
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2024, 04:28:09 AM »

Can't speak for Israel, but I care because of the chain of logic it creates. People like you and OSR constantly make thinly-veiled remarks about how "antisemitism should be eradicated." What does antisemitism mean? Apparently, it means hating Israel. Well, guess what-- there are two million people in Gaza (granted, fewer with each passing day) who hate Israel for perfectly good reasons. What exactly do you want to do to them? Please, just come out and say it. Stop wasting everybody's time with these pathetic obfuscations.

One of these two things:

1- A two state solution under renegociated borders but without allowing Palestine to have a standing army for the time being. Their defence will be guaranteed either by Israel (yes, an occupation) or a UN mandated force (the more preferable option but they are not likely to accept as despite the virtue signalling of most countries, they won't want to get involved). Palestine would be allowed to become fully autonomous after at least two full generations of de radicalization.

2- Gaza is absorbed by Egypt and the West Bank by Jordan with Israel accepting to kick out the settlers. Also not especially likely to happen because both countries (as well as Lebanon) remember what happened the last time Palestinians were allowed into their countries.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2024, 10:18:33 AM »

I just pray to God that a majority of Americans haven't your mentality or otherwise the Mad Max series will become a frightening reality.

My mentality is literally the law of the US . We are required under law to invade The Hague if they ever arrest any of our politicians or military officials .

Also under Trump and Biden we have pretty much rendered international organizations like the WTO as meaningless as well as we have repeatedly defied their rulings
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2024, 11:07:47 AM »

The people of Gaza are free to hate Israel for whatever reasons they want.  They are not entitled to lob rockets into civilian areas, and Israel is allowed to defend itself and respond to such attacks.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2024, 11:21:54 AM »

The people of Gaza are free to hate Israel for whatever reasons they want.  They are not entitled to lob rockets into civilian areas, and Israel is allowed to defend itself and respond to such attacks.

Also Israel is fully justified in fully occupying Gaza for the foreseeable future
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2024, 11:34:38 AM »

Also Israel is fully justified in fully occupying Gaza for the foreseeable future
And do what? 50 years of humiliation and apartheid just like the West Bank? I know you don't consider Palestinians worthy of human rights, but even ignoring all of that, how is that good for Israel? How is becoming South Africa 2.0 good? How is becoming an international pariah (outside of neocon circles) good? Congrats, Israel is now your Republican cause de jore. You can ing have them. But a lot of people look and 35k dead, a racist government (don't dispute it, look at the government and tell me they aren't racist), and an increasingly messianic movement, and don't want to deal with that.

Netanyahu is the worst Jewish leader in a millennium, and he's the guy you stan. Jesus.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2024, 11:36:42 AM »
« Edited: May 11, 2024, 11:51:36 AM by OSR stands with Israel »

The people of Gaza are free to hate Israel for whatever reasons they want.  They are not entitled to lob rockets into civilian areas, and Israel is allowed to defend itself and respond to such attacks.

And do what? 50 years of humiliation and apartheid just like the West Bank? I know you don't consider Palestinians worthy of human rights, but even ignoring all of that, how is that good for Israel? How is becoming South Africa 2.0 good? How is becoming an international pariah (outside of neocon circles) good? Congrats, Israel is now your Republican cause de jore. You can ing have them. But a lot of people look and 35k dead, a racist government (don't dispute it, look at the government and tell me they aren't racist), and an increasingly messianic movement, and don't want to deal with that.

Netanyahu is the worst Jewish leader in a millennium, and he's the guy you stan. Jesus.

No I do not think Netanyahu is good . Israel should have done a quick invasion of Gaza and then moved towards a counter insurgency approach after that was done .

Also no your point is false . Israel/Palestine is an establishment vs anti establishment issue not right vs left . Just look at this very forum or house votes about this and you can see that Democrats like Richie Torres share my view on this while Lauren Boebert does not and on here you can see that Democrats like S019 and AtorBoltox shared my view on this while Yellowhammer did not . You can see this in media as well as Tucker Carlson is anti Israel while the main stream media is pro Israel
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2024, 11:50:34 AM »

The people of Gaza are free to hate Israel for whatever reasons they want.  They are not entitled to lob rockets into civilian areas, and Israel is allowed to defend itself and respond to such attacks.

No I do not think Netanyahu is good . Israel should have done a quick invasion of Gaza and then moved towards a counter insurgency approach after that was done .

Also no your point is false . Israel/Palestine is an establishment vs anti establishment issue not right vs left . Just look at this very forum or house votes about this and you can see that Democrats like Richie Torres share my view on this while Lauren Boebert does not and on here you can see that Democrats like S019 and AtorBoltox shared my view on this while Yellowhammer did not

It is a counterinsurgency now, due to hostages are not being freed.  There is protests going on regardless but BiBi was just as ruthless as Trump he is a go it alone type of person
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2024, 12:24:48 PM »

I don't advocate that, but they would be justified.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies