Office of Northeast Lt. Governor Rockefeller Republican
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:49:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Northeast Lt. Governor Rockefeller Republican
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Office of Northeast Lt. Governor Rockefeller Republican  (Read 6029 times)
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 10, 2007, 04:24:29 PM »
« edited: September 10, 2007, 04:35:53 PM by Lt. Gov. Rockefeller Republican »

From the office of Lieutenant Governor Rockefeller Republican

As you can see from the name above this is my office. I will make announcements as such here aswell. Feel free to ask questions of any sort at anytime.

If you have any inititives to propose for the September ballot, please make them in the following thread Propositions for the month of September

Thanks,

- Rockefeller Republican
Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 06:27:54 PM »

Glad to see you're doing something with the office.  Congrats on the appointment.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 05:11:04 AM »

An Announcement from Lieutenant Governor Rockefeller Republican

I would like to announce my intentions to run for re-election as Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast this October. Though I have only been Lieutenant Governor for little more than 12 days now, and am relatively new to Atlasian politics, I believe I am the right man to be Lieutenant Governor of our great Northeast.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 04:54:11 PM »

Just a reminder for citizens of the Northeast to get out and vote on the SOTF Address Requirement Amendment.

The Amendment reads as follows;

State of the Forum Address Requirement Amendment

Article II, Section 1, Clause 6 (State of the Forum Address requirement) of the Constitution of Atlasia shall be amended to read as follows:

The President shall from time to time give to the Senate Information of the State of the Forum, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient.  The President may choose to delegate responsibility for the delivery of the address to the Vice President.

Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 05:21:51 PM »

Just a reminder for citizens of the Northeast to get out and vote on the Northeast Propositions for the month of September. The Voting Booth closes next week on October 2 at 6.30pm.

The Propositions up for the Vote are;

Recall Amendment

1. The Citizens of the Northeast Region may recall any regional official.
2. Any registered Northeast voter may open a recall petition on any regional official at any time.
3. If said petition shall receive the signatures of eight registered Northeast voters, it shall be brought before the electorate in an immediate vote.
4. The vote shall remain open for three days, and shall be held by the Chief Judicial Officer, unless it is the Chief Judicial Officer's own recall, in which case it shall be held by the Lieutenant Governor.
5. If, in said vote, a simple majority are in favor of the recall of said regional official, that official shall be stripped of the position.

Northeastern Minimum Wage Act

1. The minimum wage for businesses operating inside the Northeast Region shall be set at $6.75 per hour, effective Jan. 1, 2008.
2. The minimum wage for service (tipped) employees shall be set at $2.75 per hour, effective Jan. 1, 2008.
3. The minimum wage for businesses operating inside the Northeast Region shall be set at $7.75 per hour, effective Jan. 1, 2009.
4. The minimum wage for service (tipped) employees shall be set at $3.25 per hour, effective Jan. 1, 2009.
5. Thereafter, the minimum wage(s) shall be indexed to the consumer price index (CPI) and adjusted annually on January 1st of each subsequent year.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 04:15:19 AM »

If you want to vote on the Northeast Propositions for the month of September, you only have a few hours to do so.

At the moment the results are as follows:

Recall Amendment

Aye 9
Nay 3
Present 1

At the present time, it's certain that The Recall Amendment will be passed!

Minimum Wage Act

Aye 8
Nay 4
Abstain 1

At the present time, it's certain that The Minimum Wage Act!
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 05:52:39 PM »

I will be proposing a bill to abolish the death penalty in the Northeast during the October session. Just for your information.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 05:56:42 PM »

From the Office of Lieutenant Governor Rockefeller Republican

If you have any inititives to propose for the September ballot, please make them in the following thread Northeast Propositions for the month of October

Thanks,

- Rockefeller Republican
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 08:54:29 PM »

So far the following propositions will be up for citizens of the Northeast to vote on, on the weekend of October 19-21, 2007. They are as follows:

Death Penalty Abolition Bill

1. The death penalty is hereby abolished in the bounds of the Northeast Region.
2. All persons currently sentenced to death in the Northeast shall have their sentences commuted to life in prison without parole.
3. All crimes currently carrying a maximum penalty of death shall have a maximum penalty of life in prison without parole instead.

Sponsored by Senator Verily

Rapid Transit Investment Bill

Findings:
1.   Unlike in other Regions, rail transport is a viable and cost-effective mode of transportation within the bounds of the Northeast.
2.   Because rail transport is unviable outside of the Northeast, the federal government does not invest funding into the expansion of the rail network.
3.   Rapid transit trains running between the cities of New York and Boston are substantially delayed by the need to use outdated rail systems.

Therefore:
1.   The Northeast shall invest the necessary funds into the construction of a rapid transit rail line connecting New York City and Boston.
2.   The Northeast shall further invest in the modernization and improvement of the existing rapid transit line between New York City and the Delaware-Maryland border, passing through the city of Philadelphia.
3.   To assist in funding this project, the Northeast shall levy a tax of 1% on all motor vehicle sales beginning January 1, 2008 and concluding upon the completion of the project.
4.   The estimated total cost of this project is $200 million.

(I tried to work out how much money would be needed for the two projects based on what I could find online; the sum of $200 million seems to be approximately correct.)

Fluorescent Light Bulb Recycling Bill

Findings:
1.   Fluorescent light bulbs are substantially more energy efficient than the more common incandescent light bulbs.
2.   Fluorescent light bulbs contain a small quantity of mercury which may be unsafe if not disposed of properly.

Therefore:
1.   The Northeast shall establish a program to recycle fluorescent light bulbs in conjunction with companies which manufacture said light bulbs.
2.   The Northeast shall initiate an awareness campaign aimed at encouraging residents to recycle fluorescent light bulbs.
3.   The estimated total cost of this bill is $5 million.

Proposition on the Officialization of the Separation of Religion and State

I:

Religion is entirely seperate from the politics of the government and no political influence can be exerted by religious institutions on the government of the Northeast.

II:

As per this proposition, religious-based instruction in public schools funded by the government are forbidden. However, religious private schools not funded by the government will not be affected by this proposition. The government will not fund religious schools.

III:

It is forbidden by this proposition to base any government or judicial ruling on religious basis. Any religious symbols are forbidden in government buildings or property.

IV:

This proposition continues to guarantee religious freedom for all citizens of the Northeast region.

V:

The property currently belonging to places of worship will not be seized by the government, but will be considered private property and government funding for the construction of places of worship is forbidden.

VI:

Funding by government institutions of religious groups or religious charity organizations is forbidden. However, the pursuit of the activities of these groups or charities is not compromised in any way.

Sponsored by Attorney-General Hashemite

If you want to propose any initives for the October ballot, please post them in the following thread Northeast Propositions for the month of October

Thanks for you time,

- Rockefeller Republican
Lieuteant Governor of the Northeast
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 04:31:41 PM »

Just like to inform voters of the Northeast that'll officially kick off my campaign to be re-elected Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast tomorrow in Portland, Maine. With my campaign kicking off tomorrow here's my campaign schedule until the 19th of October.

CAMPAIGN SCHEDULE

11th - Portland, ME.
12th - Manchester, NH.
13th - Montpellier, VT.
14th - Albany, NY
15th - Rest
16th - Philadelphia, PA >> Wilmington, DE >> Trenton, NJ
17th - New Haven, CT >> Providence, RI >> Boston, MA
18th - Portland, ME
19th - Rest
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 04:55:21 PM »

The Attorney General will receive the esteemed Lt. Governor in Alburgh, VT on the 13th for a dinner.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 11:40:16 PM »

The Attorney General will receive the esteemed Lt. Governor in Alburgh, VT on the 13th for a dinner.

I will be more than welcome to dine with you that evening Mr. Attorney-General.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 02:22:12 AM »

Portland, Maine

A large crowd gathers outside the Portland Town Hall and begins to cheer as the Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast walks onto a small podium. As he walks over to the small podium he shakes people's hands.

Good Afternoon Portland, it's great to be back in my home town once again. The last time I was here was as a candidate, now I am the Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast!!!!

Crowd Cheers

And I would like to thank Governor MAS117 for giving my that position last September. As we know he is a three time Governor of our great state and a onetime Senator for the Northeast. I hope you'll join with me on Election Day to re-elect the Governor. He has done a great job thus far and I'm sure if you re-elect him this October he'll continue his great work as Governor.

Crowd Claps

If you re-elect the Governor this October, I hope you'll re-elect me as Lieutenant Governor too. I have a lot more to offer the citizens of the Northeast, even if it is just being President of the Legislative Assembly. If I'm re-elected as Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast, I work harder and more productively to get legislation passed through the Assembly so the Northeast will have the best Education, the best Health Care and be the best region in the country to be politically active.

Crowd Cheers

I hope you'll join with me and the Governor this October so we can achieve these things for the Northeast. So we can make this Region even better than it all ready is. May you have a safe trip home and never forget, the most powerful force on Earth is love. Thank you very much Nelson Aldrich Rockefeller!

Crowd Laughs

The Lieutenant Governor walks off the stage and meets and greets the crowd of supporters
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 04:12:28 PM »

Just to let you know I will be making a speech tomorrow in Montpellier, Vermont tomorrow. Where afterwards I will be dining with the Attorney General of Atlasia, Hashemite.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 04:17:59 PM »

a whole lot of work for an unopposed campaign, good to see such effort.
I endorse Rocky for the seat, although his use of "re-elect" in the campaign graphic is incorrect, as they were never elected.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2007, 11:22:15 PM »

a whole lot of work for an unopposed campaign, good to see such effort.
I endorse Rocky for the seat, although his use of "re-elect" in the campaign graphic is incorrect, as they were never elected.

Thank you for the endorsement Sensei. I'm very appreciated. Also thanks for picking up on the errors in my speech that I made in Portland, Maine.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2007, 08:05:31 PM »

I support you of course.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2007, 07:36:00 PM »

So far the following propositions will be up for Northeast citizens to vote on, on the weekend of October 19-21, 2007. The Northeast Gubernatorial Election where Governor MAS117 and myself we be seeking re-election. Even though myself and the Governor weren't elected. Now here's the list.

Death Penalty Abolition Bill

1. The death penalty is hereby abolished in the bounds of the Northeast Region.
2. All persons currently sentenced to death in the Northeast shall have their sentences commuted to life in prison without parole.
3. All crimes currently carrying a maximum penalty of death shall have a maximum penalty of life in prison without parole instead.

Rapid Transit Investment Bill

Findings:
1.   Unlike in other Regions, rail transport is a viable and cost-effective mode of transportation within the bounds of the Northeast.
2.   Because rail transport is unviable outside of the Northeast, the federal government does not invest funding into the expansion of the rail network.
3.   Rapid transit trains running between the cities of New York and Boston are substantially delayed by the need to use outdated rail systems.

Therefore:
1.   The Northeast shall invest the necessary funds into the construction of a rapid transit rail line connecting New York City and Boston.
2.   The Northeast shall further invest in the modernization and improvement of the existing rapid transit line between New York City and the Delaware-Maryland border, passing through the city of Philadelphia.
3.   To assist in funding this project, the Northeast shall levy a tax of 1% on all motor vehicle sales beginning January 1, 2008 and concluding upon the completion of the project.
4.   The estimated total cost of this project is $200 million.

Fluorescent Light Bulb Recycling Bill

Findings:
1.   Fluorescent light bulbs are substantially more energy efficient than the more common incandescent light bulbs.
2.   Fluorescent light bulbs contain a small quantity of mercury which may be unsafe if not disposed of properly.

Therefore:
1.   The Northeast shall establish a program to recycle fluorescent light bulbs in conjunction with companies which manufacture said light bulbs.
2.   The Northeast shall initiate an awareness campaign aimed at encouraging residents to recycle fluorescent light bulbs.
3.   The estimated total cost of this bill is $5 million.

Proposition on the Officialization of the Separation of Religion and State

I:

Religion is entirely seperate from the politics of the government and no political influence can be exerted by religious institutions on the government of the Northeast.

II:

As per this proposition, religious-based instruction in public schools funded by the government are forbidden. However, religious private schools not funded by the government will not be affected by this proposition. The government will not fund religious schools.

III:

It is forbidden by this proposition to base any government or judicial ruling on religious basis. Any religious symbols are forbidden in government buildings or property.

IV:

This proposition continues to guarantee religious freedom for all citizens of the Northeast region.

V:

The property currently belonging to places of worship will not be seized by the government, but will be considered private property and government funding for the construction of places of worship is forbidden.

VI:

Funding by government institutions of religious groups or religious charity organizations is forbidden. However, the pursuit of the activities of these groups or charities is not compromised in any way.

Sponsored by Attorney-General Hashemite

Public Access to the Legislative Record Bill

1.   All legislation passed in the Northeast shall be included in the Atlas Fantasy Wiki by January 1, 2008.
2.   All future legislation passed in the Northeast shall be posted on the Atlas Fantasy Wiki within ten days of its passage.
3.   The responsibility of maintaining records of all legislation passed in the Northeast shall fall to the Lieutenant Governor though this shall not be interpreted as to restrict others’ ability to maintain the legislative record.

Health Insurance Option Restoration Act
1. No state, county, municipality, or other political subdivision within the Northeast Region shall impose a tax penalty based on a resident's decision to not purchase privately offered health insurance.
2. States, counties, municipalities, and other political subdivisions shall retain the option, where applicable, to impose tax penalties on businesses and corporations based on their refusal to offer health insurance coverage to employees.

Sponsored by Senator Mr. Moderate

Children’s Health Care Act
1.   The Northeast shall establish a system to the cover the costs of health care for all residents and citizens of the Northeast under the age of 18.
2.   All medical services, including preventative treatment, prescription drugs and dental care, will be covered under this system.
3.   All subsidies to health insurance agencies from the government of the Northeast are hereby reduced by one-third.

Northeastern Region Legislation Standardization Act

1. The Northeast Regional Assembly finds that:
     a. The Northeast Region has been operating for a period of several years without active recording of the laws and regulations passed by the General Assembly.
     b. The Northeast Region is unable to adequately provide services to the public and keep its own fiscal house in order when it is unaware of what services it is required by law to provide.

2. Therefore, the Northeast Regional Assembly moves to:
     a. Hereby repeal all laws passed by the General Assembly prior to July 1, 2007.
     b. This act shall not be interpreted to invalidate any parts of the Northeast Region constitution, or any Amendments to said document passed prior to July 1, 2007.
     c. This act shall not be interpreted to invalidate any laws passed by its member states, counties, municipalities, or other political subdivisions prior to July 1, 2007.

Sponsored by Senator Mr. Moderate

Adoption Reform Bill
1.   No adoption of a child in the Northeast shall be denied solely on the basis of the sexual orientation of a prospective parent or parents.
2.   No government agency overseeing adoptions in the Northeast shall inquire as to the sexual orientation of a prospective parent or parents.

That's all of the propositions up for vote this coming weekend. If you want to propose anymore propositions, post them on the Northeast Propositions for the month of October thread.

Thanks for your time,

Rockefeller Republican
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2007, 01:39:06 AM »

I heartily endorse you!

Inks.LWC
Vice-Chair, AFRP
Fmr. Governor, Mideast
Queen Mum, The Queen
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2007, 07:03:59 AM »

I heartily endorse you!

Inks.LWC
Vice-Chair, AFRP
Fmr. Governor, Mideast
Queen Mum, The Queen

uh-oh, I think u just lost the election Wink  lol
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2007, 07:14:21 AM »

Even though you never came to my dinner and you're running unopposed, I endorse you.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2007, 07:31:02 AM »

Rocky, I endorse and support you 100% man.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2007, 02:24:18 PM »

Our Lt. Governor's doing a great job; give him a full term.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2007, 04:14:25 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2007, 04:40:55 PM by Lt. Governor Rockefeller Republican »

Even though you never came to my dinner and you're running unopposed, I endorse you.

Don't worry I'll post a transcript of that speech I "made" in Montpelier, Vermont.

Thanks for the endorsements former Governor Inks, Attorney-General Hashemite, Governor HappyWarrior and Senator Verily. I appreciate your support guys.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2007, 02:11:49 AM »

The Northeast Voting Booth is now open. It's located here: Northeast Voting Booth - Gubernatorial and October Props

GET OUT AND VOTE PEOPLES!!
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies