9 murdered at the oldest AME church in the south
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:28:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  9 murdered at the oldest AME church in the south
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: 9 murdered at the oldest AME church in the south  (Read 7187 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2015, 02:38:26 PM »
« edited: June 19, 2015, 02:41:10 PM by ag »

The second amendment needs to be repealed.

Liberal logic: The solution to racist violence in America is clearly to only allow known racist killers (the police) to have guns!

Mind it: if you are to use a gun against the police, in most areas you are pretty much guaranteeing yourself death penalty (if you kill a policeman) or a very long term of imprisonment (if you do not). That is, even if the policeman does not kill you on the spot (and get promoted). For so much as appearing to draw a gun gives police a licence to kill you there and then.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2015, 02:46:33 PM »

Liberal logic: The solution to racist violence in America is clearly to only allow known racist killers (the police) to have guns!

I for one would rather not  stand idly by as black Americans to be slaughtered en masse by racist killers, be they in blue uniforms or ones adorned with Rhodesian flags.

I'm sure African-Americans everywhere appriciate you keeping vigil at your keyboard.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2015, 03:00:42 PM »

I for one would rather not  stand idly by as black Americans to be slaughtered en masse by racist killers, be they in blue uniforms or ones adorned with Rhodesian flags.

I'm sure African-Americans everywhere appriciate you keeping vigil at your keyboard.
Certainly more than they appreciate white prosecutors.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2015, 03:12:28 PM »

Not unexpected. Unfortunately, the only likely winner here will be gun manufacturers. There will be plenty of idiots who will go out and buy more guns, guns they may never even use, in anticipation of restrictions that won't be coming.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2015, 03:15:11 PM »

Let's play a game, you and I. Which one of us has prosecuted hate crimes and other offenses perpetrated against African-American crime victims? The loser gets to sit down with a big cup of STFU juice.

Ready, set, go!

Here's your cup.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2015, 04:19:20 PM »

Not unexpected. Unfortunately, the only likely winner here will be gun manufacturers. There will be plenty of idiots who will go out and buy more guns, guns they may never even use, in anticipation of restrictions that won't be coming.

Exactly.

I hate the fact that the NRA and the gun nuts always win. They march to the fife of "give me liberty or give me death" while people are getting cut down in churches. It's depressing that America doesn't want to change on this. The NRA is blaming the pastor, Fox News is blaming atheists. I don't know what to do anymore. There is no political will to do anything, and it's so depressing and aggravating at the same time. People are dying, and these a**holes are playing politics.

Martin O'Malley summed it up perfectly for me: "I'm pissed."
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2015, 04:39:54 PM »

I for one would rather not  stand idly by as black Americans to be slaughtered en masse by racist killers, be they in blue uniforms or ones adorned with Rhodesian flags.

Let's play a game, you and I. Which one of us has prosecuted hate crimes and other offenses perpetrated against African-American crime victims? The loser gets to sit down with a big cup of STFU juice.

Ready, set, go!

Here's your cup.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2015, 05:03:00 PM »

I for one would rather not  stand idly by as black Americans to be slaughtered en masse by racist killers, be they in blue uniforms or ones adorned with Rhodesian flags.

Ready, set, go!

Here's your cup.

Pro tip: when trying to make a badass response, don't place yourself in the role of a girl wearing shiny purple stretch pants and a paisley print fuzzy sweater .
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2015, 10:09:41 PM »

Exactly.

I hate the fact that the NRA and the gun nuts always win. They march to the fife of "give me liberty or give me death" while people are getting cut down in churches. It's depressing that America doesn't want to change on this. The NRA is blaming the pastor, Fox News is blaming atheists. I don't know what to do anymore. There is no political will to do anything, and it's so depressing and aggravating at the same time. People are dying, and these a**holes are playing politics.

I feel you.  Its gotten to the point where I've descended into a sort of depressed apathy.  The fact that these shootings have become business as usual is disgusting.
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2015, 11:39:49 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2015, 11:48:09 PM by wifikitten »

Exactly.

I feel you.  Its gotten to the point where I've descended into a sort of depressed apathy.  The fact that these shootings have become business as usual is disgusting.
For me personally, these horrible recurring acts of violence wear me down, a lot, I feel so helpless to stop them due to no matter who we elect, what laws we support, they never make it anywhere due to the ignorance of so many people in this country of how to fix these problems, and the gun lobbys tight hold on our politics.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2015, 11:52:47 PM »

Exactly.

I feel you.  Its gotten to the point where I've descended into a sort of depressed apathy.  The fact that these shootings have become business as usual is disgusting.
For me personally, these horrible recurring acts of violence wear me down, a lot, I feel so helpless to stop them due to no matter who we elect, what laws we support, they never make it anywhere due to the ignorance of so many people in this country of how to fix these problems, and the gun lobbys tight hold on our politics.

I know, it's depressing in a way. I have hope, however, that eventually we will begin to realize that this a problem and needs to be addressed.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2015, 11:58:54 PM »

Rick Perry called it "an accident". What a HP.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2015, 12:02:23 AM »

^TBH that moron probably meant to say "incident."
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2015, 08:16:08 AM »

^TBH that moron probably meant to say "incident."

Which is still fairly horrible.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2015, 10:18:10 AM »

Romney calls for the Confederate flag to be taken down:

Take down the #ConfederateFlag at the SC Capitol. To many, it is a symbol of racial hatred. Remove it now to honor #Charleston victims.
https://twitter.com/MittRomney/status/612276050182049792
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2015, 12:10:09 PM »

Romney calls for the Confederate flag to be taken down:

Take down the #ConfederateFlag at the SC Capitol. To many, it is a symbol of racial hatred. Remove it now to honor #Charleston victims.
https://twitter.com/MittRomney/status/612276050182049792
I agree.  Take it down. 

To those who would say "but it's part of who we are"...it's not the good part and you are more than that.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2015, 12:19:22 PM »

Yesterday Lindsay Graham was asked about this and he touted the 'compromise' where the flag was taken off the capital dome but put on the memorial on the grounds, and there was a new African American memorial built. Talking about the balance. Where is the 'balance'? Do white South Carolinians find an African-American memorial offensive and a  symbol of hate? 
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2015, 02:38:20 PM »

The American Conservative gets it right:

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/down-with-the-confederate-flag/
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2015, 01:17:09 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

www.nbcnews.com/storyline/charleston-church-shooting/state-supreme-court-orders-new-judge-charleston-shooter-case-n379066
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2015, 01:46:28 PM »

Ah, South Carolina...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »