Wisconsin Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:34:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread  (Read 287198 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 18, 2014, 11:04:44 PM »

He shoots up to the top tier of potential GOP nominees. The people who most matter in GOP politics, the Koch family, have likely found him 'their finest pupil'.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 10:25:25 AM »

Feingold lost because he was a bad Senator and Johnson ran one of the best campaigns ever.  I wonder if Johnson can replicate some of that 2010 perfection.  It is hard to tell because Johnson isn't a politician and has acted as such since he won and he may have been the perfect man at the perfect time, not a amazing campaigner ...at anytime.   

Corporate money shouted in 2010 and 2014. It won.

It's the Koch syndicate that managed the general fight to transform the USA into a plutocratic oligarchy. Right-wing politicians who obeyed the money won. Now that more Americans know what is stake things can be different in 2016. Mediocrities win in wave elections and can get ousted in the next election.

They had better be, or America might be 'exceptional' mostly in having life-threatening poverty within the First World.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 09:40:47 AM »

Senator Johnson is a mismatch for Wisconsin incapable of winning except in an extreme Republican wave. He's one of the dimmer lights in the Senate and nowhere near being a moderate.

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 07:09:41 AM »

Marist did terribly in the Midwest in 2016

Which states? I couldn't find any for Wisconsin/Michigan. There are ones for Illinois in like March and one for Iowa in August. The IA poll didn't seem that out of step with what you might expect then.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=242977.0

Also:

It should be noted that NBC News/Marist had Hillary winning PA by 12 points in mid-October.

But yeah, they didn't poll WI in 2016. It was Marquette that showed Clinton up 6 in November, not NBC/Marist.

Look, I'm not saying he won't face a tough reelection battle, but it's way too early to count him out. Saying that there is no way he can win and basing it on numbers from a pollster who did poorly in 2016 and doing so 15 months before the election is ridiculous. WI isn't IL, as I'm sure Ron Johnson will tell you.

I'm still bitter about Ron Johnson...

One of the best Senators money can buy -- an empty suit who believes that no human suffering is excessive so long as it enriches and pampers elites.

The 2016 election made me regret that I am an American.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies