NFL 2011 Season Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:56:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  NFL 2011 Season Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 29
Author Topic: NFL 2011 Season Discussion  (Read 47892 times)
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: November 21, 2011, 12:00:59 AM »

Well I don't care anyway because we WON, biotch hehehe Tongue
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #326 on: November 21, 2011, 12:03:39 AM »

When a team has a lead at the end of 9/10 games, how is it out of the question to assume they should be at least an 8 win team? Sounds like Eagles hater whining to me.

A football game is four quarters last time I checked.  If you're only winning three quarters, that ain't a win (as I former Oilers fan, I should know this, but whatever...).

Frank.  Reich.

No need to open sore wounds there, though Frank Reich wasn't the only one.  (John Elway the year before that comes to mind, actually)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #327 on: November 21, 2011, 01:09:26 AM »

When a team has a lead at the end of 9/10 games, how is it out of the question to assume they should be at least an 8 win team? Sounds like Eagles hater whining to me.

Could?  Maybe  Should?  No.  Quite simply if you blow that many games, you really aren't that good of a team.  I do have to give them credit for the way Young hung in there and how well the D played.  Of course the Giants not having much of a running game even before Bradshaw got hurt, and have none at all now sine Jacobs is utterly useless did help.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #328 on: November 21, 2011, 03:00:24 AM »

For reference: the 49ers have allowed 145 points so far this season. No other NFC team has allowed under 200. The AFC is much better in that regard, but the AFC team with the lowest PA still has 166.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #329 on: November 21, 2011, 09:12:55 AM »
« Edited: November 21, 2011, 11:09:46 AM by Napoleon »

Fire Schitty, fix the o-line, replace Eric Smith. Boom: Super Bowl.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #330 on: November 21, 2011, 04:30:53 PM »

fezzy's posts sound like they came straight from WIP.

It's hilarious to see a reference to our beloved station from someone outside of the area.  Smiley

Well, you can't have even a cursory knowledge of sports in Philadelphia without being familiar with it.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #331 on: November 24, 2011, 12:30:57 PM »

Woopsy, national anthem fail ... Tongue
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #332 on: November 24, 2011, 03:13:58 PM »

What is wrong with Suh?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #333 on: November 24, 2011, 07:59:08 PM »

Dallas just barely squeaked by.  That was a tough one, probably because they were wearing the losing unis.  I hate those throwback unis.  They need to be thrown-away uniforms.  Anyway, the 'Boys are 7-4 now waiting to visit Arizona on December 4.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #334 on: November 24, 2011, 10:00:50 PM »

What a disappointment. Miami could have MADE this Thanksgiving.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #335 on: November 24, 2011, 11:28:36 PM »

The offensive line looked miserable today.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #336 on: November 25, 2011, 01:55:07 AM »

The Lord up above knows he is only trying to get up whilst cleating someone or bashing their heads against Thine astroturf. 

He could be out a while.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #337 on: November 25, 2011, 04:00:11 AM »

The offensive line looked miserable today.

I know, really. This was supposed to be a great game & then we played terribly. Rushing on 3rd-and-long didn't help, but it was probably better than trying to pass considering our critical OL failure.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #338 on: November 25, 2011, 09:04:16 AM »

What a disappointment. Miami could have MADE this Thanksgiving.

I'm glad they didn't. Smiley
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #339 on: November 25, 2011, 09:51:54 AM »

no sh**t
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #340 on: November 27, 2011, 08:39:32 PM »

Such a shame that it had to end against the Patriots but at least we have been put out of our misery this season.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #341 on: November 27, 2011, 08:40:26 PM »

Such a shame that it had to end against the Patriots but at least we have been put out of our misery this season.

Had to end against the Patriots???

This season was over in September.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #342 on: November 27, 2011, 09:15:47 PM »

Had to end against the Patriots???

This season was over in September.

Hate to rub it in, but Philly is now tied with Washington for last place in the division.  Now, if we can just get New Orleans to take care of business tomorrow night, my 'Boys will be all alone on top of the division. Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #343 on: November 27, 2011, 09:22:25 PM »

The sad thing that I just noticed...

We're still in the hunt for the last Wild Card spot. At this point, I think Atlanta will hang on for the final spot  but the Giants and Lions (the only teams standing between us and the Falcons for the Wild Card) can definitely fall apart. They have tougher schedules between now and the end of the season. I'm definitely not
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #344 on: November 27, 2011, 09:22:53 PM »

The Houston Texans are down to their 3rd string quarterback now after Matt Schaub and Matt Leinart have both been lost for the season.  The Tennessee Titans are 2 games behind the Texans with 5 games left.  Is it possible, if Matt Hasselbeck stays healthy, that Tennessee comes from behind and wins the division and leave the Texans on the golf course in January?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #345 on: November 27, 2011, 09:24:29 PM »

The Houston Texans are down to their 3rd string quarterback now after Matt Schaub and Matt Leinart have both been lost for the season.  The Tennessee Titans are 2 games behind the Texans with 5 games left.  Is it possible, if Matt Hasselbeck stays healthy, that Tennessee comes from behind and wins the division and leave the Texans on the golf course in January?

They better be. The fact that they're on top of the AFC right now is horrific.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #346 on: November 27, 2011, 09:40:26 PM »

We're still in the hunt for the last Wild Card spot. At this point, I think Atlanta will hang on for the final spot  but the Giants and Lions (the only teams standing between us and the Falcons for the Wild Card) can definitely fall apart. They have tougher schedules between now and the end of the season. I'm definitely not

I know you're not banking on this Phil...but this runner runner playoff berth thing should have been put to rest a long time ago.  (You're just doing hypotheticals, I know).

Atlanta is 7-4, 3 games ahead of us in the standings.  Moreover, Atlanta holds the head to head tiebreaker over us, effectively meaning, we're four back of them with 5 to play.  It'd be one thing to say, its not wholly impossible, the Eagles are playing well...but the Eagles are not...and the Falcons are playing decent to good football.

The only scenario that even gives the Eagles a greater than like .1% chance is if they wind up tied with the Giants for the final playoff spot...I'm not clear how the tiebreakers would work (conference then division since the head to head is split...etc)...but you're (generic you're) asking the Eagles to play at a level they havent played at since the middle of last season all the while having the Giants, Lions, and Falcons all $hit the bed.  And lets not throw in all those other 4-7 teams hoping for the same thing.

Its over...its been over.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #347 on: November 27, 2011, 09:49:49 PM »

I know. Like you said, it was just a hypothetical. I didn't even touch on the fact that we'd have to win the rest of our games. I imagine we'll screw up in Miami and Dallas and maybe another game.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #348 on: November 27, 2011, 09:54:03 PM »

I know. Like you said, it was just a hypothetical. I didn't even touch on the fact that we'd have to win the rest of our games. I imagine we'll screw up in Miami and Dallas and maybe another game.

The Seattle game this thursday seems like an elimination game...I mean, I hesitate to use that term, because it usually implies the combatants are really on the edge of the knife...whereas here, both teams are just not mathematical impossibilities for the playoffs yet.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #349 on: November 27, 2011, 10:21:13 PM »

"Andy Sucks" and "Fire Andy"

First fire Castillo (and effing Marty...10 years too late) immediately and let Andy ride out the rest of the season and see how much better it could have been. But of course Andy would rather lose the rest of their games than admit he made a mistake. Just like he'd rather call a surprise play than actually score a touchdown.

We've been eliminated. This game punctuated the sentence "The 2011 Philadelphia Eagles are a terrible team that will not make the playoffs" permanently. It's the same old problems all coming to a head at the exact same time. Andy has never been interested in fixing the problems, he's been more interested in building his fantasy team with his fantasy player, Vick and letting the actual planning and playing of games fall to the wayside. I don't want Reid gone unless we can lock up Cowher or someone better, which is unlikely. Lurie just needs to make him accountable to his stupid crap. He's been allowed to do whatever he wants with no questions asked. Time for a serious dose of pressure on that smug A-hole.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies