Poirot for Senate(s) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:53:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Poirot for Senate(s) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should Poirot avoid running for office
Yes
No
Don't care
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poirot for Senate(s)  (Read 55588 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: April 18, 2013, 10:44:02 PM »

I like your ideas.  Endorsed.

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 02:52:29 AM »

You would make a great addition to the Senate!  Don't forget to post in the candidate declaration thread.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 05:05:48 PM »

On the road to a lean Senate

I'm at a gym in Stratford, Connecticut to speak on ways to have a lean and efficient Senate. The first thing is trying to focus. Focus on things that can't be delegated to the regions and focus on fewer bills so senators can participate and not have to juggle with so many issues at the same time. To speed up the procedures, the VP should use his powers to move forward debate and vote on a bill should last a maximum of three days.

I agree on leaving more things to the regions, but I'm kind of surprised you support only a 3 day debate period.  That would mean bills won't get as much debate as they need, and it seems like in the past you've been an advocate for a more careful approach to what gets passed.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 07:23:24 PM »

What if a majority in the Senate votes to take autonomy from the regions?  Would you sign such a bill?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 09:58:12 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2014, 10:17:21 PM by shua »

Hello Norfolk!  It really is an honor to be here tonight in my wonderful city on this occasion.  I would like to thank Poirot for this opportunity to join him in this campaign.  Poirot has long been an advocate for a more open and effective democracy, and I believe he is the candidate for our time. Recently we have seen much tumult coming out of power struggles. We have also seen citizens restless with the current state of affairs, citizens seeking new avenues to protect their freedom and provide for their needs and for their voice to be heard. To those citizens I say "Join us!" We seek not to curb you, but to empower you to express your thoughts and dreams and ideals in whatever peaceful manner you may choose. We will no longer consolidate power in Nyman, but we will open up decisions to greater engagement at every level.  I look forward to this campaign wherever it may lead and I hope we can count on your support!
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 08:53:02 PM »

I'd like to thank all those who came out to support us this past weekend.  I appreciate every single vote.  We knew it was a long shot going into this, and Lumine/SJoyce and Marokai/Antonio both ran strong, constructive campaigns. Congrats to Lumine and SJoyce, whom I have worked with them before and I am sure they will do a great job for our nation. Thanks also to Poirot, whom I enjoyed running with. He put forward some great ideas and I encourage those in office to take them up. I'm glad to have been given this opportunity to represent an alternative voice in this election. I wish you all the best.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 11:25:18 PM »

As a member of the Mideast Assembly, I would enjoy getting the chance to work with you on cross-regional issues. You have my support in your campaign.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies