2006 Campaign Ad Watch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:28:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2006 Campaign Ad Watch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Author Topic: 2006 Campaign Ad Watch  (Read 33413 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2006, 10:10:32 PM »

GREAT ONE!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2006, 10:31:50 PM »

I just saw another Casey ad which blasts Santorum for the usual (Social Security, minimum wage, 98% of the time with Bush, etc.). Looks like that's all Bobby will be doing now and he still doesn't get that you are supposed to say you above of the ad before you go attacking your opponent.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2006, 10:40:41 PM »

Casey has an ad out about a student of his (he was a teacher before running for office) and how he helped her along the way. It is a good ad but PoliticsPA pointed out something very amusing about it. You see, Casey's unibrow used to be worse than it is now (yes, that is possible). On his site they have pictures of him with the old brow but, for some odd cosmetic reason, they decided to fix his picture up for the ad. Take a look....

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2006, 10:48:03 PM »

I just saw another Casey ad which blasts Santorum for the usual (Social Security, minimum wage, 98% of the time with Bush, etc.). Looks like that's all Bobby will be doing now and he still doesn't get that you are supposed to say you above of the ad before you go attacking your opponent.

So what's your opinion of this ad?

http://www.markkennedy06.com/ads/ad9.htm
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2006, 11:20:31 PM »

So what's your opinion of this ad?

http://www.markkennedy06.com/ads/ad9.htm

As long as that doesn't becomes his whole campaign, I am fine with it. Casey's people love to go on the attack and add on the fact that everyone thinks attacking Santorum is the only way to win and you have the whole Casey campaign from here to November.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2006, 11:46:54 PM »

Actually my point is Kennedy put the "I approve this message" thing at the end of the ad rather than the beginning which you attacked Casey for.

Casey's most recent ad with the black girl, while rather sugary, was hardly attacking Santorum.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2006, 11:58:44 PM »

Actually my point is Kennedy put the "I approve this message" thing at the end of the ad rather than the beginning which you attacked Casey for.

Dumb move on his part, too. Do you really think that I'd think it was ok for Kennedy to do it but not Casey? A dumb move is a dumb move.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That won't be the focus in the last few weeks. The anti-Santorum ads will be what everyone sees.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2006, 07:25:41 AM »

What do you think about the one in my sig.  Click the pick and then click play in the upper right on the website.

I love this ad.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2006, 10:06:32 AM »

Nice little one liner from Ken Morley (Cardin's campaign manager):

"If Michael Steele wants to debate health care, Ben Cardin will be there. If Michael Steele wants to debate education, Ben Cardin will be there. If Michael Steele wants to debate the war in Iraq, Ben Cardin will be there.

"If Michael Steele insists on debating puppies, Ben Cardin will be there," said Morley, referring in jest to a Steele campaign ad. "With less than 50 days until the election, there is no time for a drawn out discussion process. Let's debate," Morley said.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2006, 10:07:54 AM »

Will he be there with an unselfish that respects you? LOL
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2006, 12:24:43 PM »

What do you think about the one in my sig.  Click the pick and then click play in the upper right on the website.

I love this ad.

Fairly standard ad, but it's good.
Deano963

« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2006, 05:35:55 PM »

For Phil and anyone else who still doen't understand this for some reason:

IT IS A LAW THAT FOR THE LAST 60 DAYS OF A CAMPAIGN, THE "I'M SO-AND-SO AND I APPROVED THIS MESSAGE" LINE MUST COME AT THE END OF AN AD.

SO, STOP REPEATING THE IDIOTIC LINE THAT WHEN A CANDIDATE DOES THIS IT IS GOING TO HURT THEM B/C EVERY CANDIDATE IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO DO IT. THANK YOU.
Deano963

« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2006, 05:38:57 PM »

Casey's most recent ad with the black girl, while rather sugary, was hardly attacking Santorum.

Kennedy's ad is like that b/c it is the law to put that at the end.

And yes, Casey's latest ad further proves that his campaign is not at all based upon going %100 negative on Santorum.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2006, 06:50:49 PM »

For Phil and anyone else who still doen't understand this for some reason:

IT IS A LAW THAT FOR THE LAST 60 DAYS OF A CAMPAIGN, THE "I'M SO-AND-SO AND I APPROVED THIS MESSAGE" LINE MUST COME AT THE END OF AN AD.

SO, STOP REPEATING THE IDIOTIC LINE THAT WHEN A CANDIDATE DOES THIS IT IS GOING TO HURT THEM B/C EVERY CANDIDATE IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO DO IT. THANK YOU.

No, the law is that the "stand by your ad" message must be included, but it can be included at any point in the ad.  I hate linking to Wiki, but it is a good description of it.

Wiki article on it.

Full text of the law.  Relevant bit is section 311.

The candidate's approval message must be on screen and readable at the end of the ad for at least 4 seconds, but the verbal statement can be at any time as the law does not specify when.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2006, 07:03:14 PM »

I just saw another Casey ad which blasts Santorum for the usual (Social Security, minimum wage, 98% of the time with Bush, etc.).

As well he should. Anyone who wants to privatize Social Security, votes against a minimum wage increase, and votes with Bush 98% of the time is grossly out of step with Pennsylvania.
Deano963

« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2006, 07:56:29 PM »

Bob Menendez's new ad:

http://www.dscc.org/ (couldn't find it on youtube for some reason - must be brand spankin new)

I'd give it an 'A' overall. Bob Menendez needs to do these three things over and over and over again in order to win this race:

1 - Tie Kean Jr. to Bush
2 - Tie Kean Jr. to the Iraq War
3 - Point out that Kean Jr. is, in fact, JR. - aka not Tom Kean the former governor.

Numerous polls and political experts have confirmed that all of these things cause Kean Jr.'s support to plummet, and the best strategy is to lump him with Bush and Iraq. Other polls have confirmed people are unaware that he is Tom Kean's son, and after they found out were less likely to support him over Menendez.

This ad very, very effectivly does all three of these things. It also does all of these things very simply and in a very straightforward manor. I wonder if Menendez should pull all of his other less effective ads (compared to this one) and simply run this one 24/7 until Election Day.

Thoughts?
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2006, 09:21:30 PM »

Great ad by the Menendez campaign.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2006, 10:16:21 PM »

I just saw another Casey ad which blasts Santorum for the usual (Social Security, minimum wage, 98% of the time with Bush, etc.).

As well he should. Anyone who wants to privatize Social Security, votes against a minimum wage increase, and votes with Bush 98% of the time is grossly out of step with Pennsylvania.

Nevermind the facts that he favors partial privatization and sponsored increases in the minimum wage.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2006, 10:19:59 PM »

Nevermind the facts that he favors partial privatization and sponsored increases in the minimum wage.

Partial or full privatization, he supports it. The guy is as slimy as they come.

And he's voted against the minimum wage increase at least handful of times in the past. He only voted for it in an election year when it was attached to a repeal of the estate tax for the ultra-wealthy.

Can you say flip-flop?? Santorum is very out of touch with the average Pennsylvania resident.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2006, 10:25:38 PM »

Partial or full privatization, he supports it. The guy is as slimy as they come.

That is...slimy? Grow up, kid.

Yeah, because Santorum's record has proven that he is only for the richest. I don't care how much you hate the guy. You have to admit that he has done some great things especially in PA's urban areas in terms of poverty.

So if he wins on the 7th, will you take that back?

Speaking of Santorum, two new ads:

This one is pretty good. It is a national security/police and firefighters ad with Rudy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxa5gAkUqi4

This next one is rather corny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yk3sbTTX8c
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2006, 10:31:53 PM »

Yeah, because Santorum's record has proven that he is only for the richest.

Finally some truth!!

You have to admit that Santorum is a very strict right-wing ideologue.  It will be a beatiful day in this country when he is involuntarily retired from the Senate on November 7th and takes his first K street lobbyist job.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2006, 09:32:04 AM »

Yeah, because Santorum's record has proven that he is only for the richest.

Finally some truth!!

I'mg glad you ignored the rest of the post. Do you have any idea about his record with urban affairs? Santorum has done plenty for those less fortunate. Get a clue, hack.

And since we're being immature, looks like Hodes is doing really well in his race! Congressman-elect Hodes in a landslide!
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2006, 03:32:52 PM »

To be honest I'm just pleased to see Menendez doing anything to stay competetive so yes I'll agree its a good ad.  I think Kean is actually quite a weak candidate when exposed or forced to confront the issues.  In all likelihood if it weren't for the Menendez scandals he would not be ahead, and I still think New Jersey is not going to elect him. 
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2006, 03:52:05 PM »

Ford nails Corker on immigration
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2006, 05:12:33 PM »

Another great ad by the Ford campaign. He's running a hell of a campaign.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies