The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 08:45:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 ... 170
Author Topic: The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature  (Read 303271 times)
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3900 on: April 19, 2013, 07:35:38 AM »

Sorry. I had an awful week.

Aye on the last version.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #3901 on: April 20, 2013, 06:23:18 AM »

Ok, so with 4 In Favor, None Against, and 1 Not participating in the vote, the Clean Government Act has passed the Legislature, and is now sent to PiT's office for signature into law or veto.

Moving on to the next bill :

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I introduced this, and I'm willing to present you with all the evidence needed to show you the superiority of the bretzels on other snacks. Plus, Andrew, our cook, has already learned how to make them and they are finger lickin' good, almost as much as Sjoyce is.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #3902 on: April 20, 2013, 08:53:58 AM »

Which are the advantages of bretzels over other snacks like the French fries? On the other hand, did you know that the fried potatoes are from Belgium?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3903 on: April 20, 2013, 09:05:22 AM »

I like cornbread.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #3904 on: April 20, 2013, 11:10:11 AM »

You neither work nor legislate in the Legislature right now, so you wouldn't mind.

Anyway, I want to make things clear. We're not talking about these :

or these :

No. We're talking about these :

These are like bread, only better. They are versatile. Not too salted, you can have them at breakfast or during morning break. With a bit of cheese on them, you can have them at lunch. You just can have them all day long.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3905 on: April 20, 2013, 11:18:55 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2013, 01:44:50 PM by SJoyce »

You neither work nor legislate in the Legislature right now, so you wouldn't mind.

But what about the children?

And to address the versatility point, cornbread is very versatile as well. If we just say cornbread, that also opens the door to corn pone or maybe even hushpuppies being served as well. And those are delicious.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3906 on: April 20, 2013, 12:38:56 PM »

Don't worry SJoyce, I think that we should have cornbread, we are in the south, and we are known for our cornbread.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #3907 on: April 20, 2013, 04:25:51 PM »

Cornbread certainly IS delicious. But the question I want to ask is about pretzels; why the hate?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #3908 on: April 20, 2013, 06:58:34 PM »

Cornbread certainly IS delicious. But the question I want to ask is about pretzels; why the hate?

See my sig.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #3909 on: April 20, 2013, 07:18:24 PM »

Say bretzel or you will be accused of heresy Wink

I hope that snacks won't be another object of controversy nor an alibi to wave the flag of the polarization. For sure we have more important subjects to debate. What would happen if someone was proposing to legislate on healthy food?  We have too many obese children and the junk food is a curse in this country. I'm sure that the one who was daring to do something in this sense would be attacked immediately and labelled as "enemy of  freedom ". Nevertheless, we would like that the index of obesity among the population was diminishing, isn't it? Did someone think to introduce healthier set meals in our schools, for example? Did you check what do you weigh recently?

It will be funny the debate on the following bills, especially the one called "IDS Empress/ Tsaritsina Act".
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3910 on: April 20, 2013, 08:02:28 PM »

Far be it from me, a Yankee, to intervene in a discourse on the proper Southern snack, but all my experiences with cornbread in my life have been positive and bring back warm memories. I'd be eating cornbread right now, but I'd have to mix it and such. Just my opinion here, but it'd make sense to have cornbread be not just this region's chosen snack, but the country's.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #3911 on: April 20, 2013, 08:26:25 PM »

Yes, exactly. Why all the hate for Pretzels? They're delicious!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3912 on: April 20, 2013, 08:30:51 PM »

On the Clean Government Act: by the powers vested in me as Emperor of this region, I thus sign it into law.

Be it resolved, X Emperor PiT
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #3913 on: April 20, 2013, 09:28:18 PM »

I don't hate pretzels. Sorry for my ignorance but, aren't bretzels and pretzels the same thing? Zanas says that 'bretzel' is the correct form.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #3914 on: April 21, 2013, 03:49:43 PM »

I don't hate pretzels. Sorry for my ignorance but, aren't bretzels and pretzels the same thing? Zanas says that 'bretzel' is the correct form.

In this case we're in the same boat; I have no idea if pretzels and "bretzels" are the same thing or not. That image that Zanas posted earlier would seem to indicate they are different. What I'm trying to find out is how they are different and why it makes a difference.

And just to confirm, is cornbread currently our food?
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #3915 on: April 22, 2013, 03:54:24 AM »

I am offering this amendment as friendly, I think it can address all the concerns previously uttered, and garner consensus. Next we can move on to more serious business. (not saying snacks ain't serious though !)

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3916 on: April 22, 2013, 05:10:15 AM »

I fully support this idea.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #3917 on: April 22, 2013, 09:27:27 AM »

Sorry for my ignorance again, Mr. Speaker, I didn't pay enough attention to the photos that you showed us to illustrate the differences between pretzels and bretzels. The first ones look smaller and somewhat heart-shaped. Don't forget providing enough supply of apples, oranges and other fruits in our schools.

Congratulations to our newly elected head of the executive branch and to jerryarkansas. As the Speaker says, we should move into more "serious" business, so I hope that we could put some things in common about how to reform our Constitutional text, which is one of the main points of the winner's campaign, on the other hand.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3918 on: April 22, 2013, 03:37:25 PM »

I'd like to pass this and move on to HSR, if we could (only because the ME is debating HSR right now too, so if we're going to try for an interconnected network it should be now).
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #3919 on: April 22, 2013, 04:36:15 PM »

I'd like to pass this and move on to HSR, if we could (only because the ME is debating HSR right now too, so if we're going to try for an interconnected network it should be now).

How can we debate HSR if there is no bill introduced on the matter and there are other bills still pending in the queue?

I want to motion to bring my last bill (Senate rules and procedures) to the top of the queue over my two other bills (but not over whatever else there is, introduced by others).
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3920 on: April 22, 2013, 04:58:39 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2013, 05:15:28 PM by Emperor-Elect SJoyce »

How can we debate HSR if there is no bill introduced on the matter and there are other bills still pending in the queue?

As a general topic before we try some big undertaking (like the Constitution thing). I'm fine with getting the other things out of the way first.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #3921 on: April 22, 2013, 05:06:20 PM »

We have to discuss the proposed educational reforms before, to give you an example. I saw that you asked the GM for the costs, I suggest waiting for the report and then we can go into your project.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #3922 on: April 22, 2013, 05:20:01 PM »

So let's vote on the final version of this :

Vote will be open for 48 hours beginning now. Please vote :
[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] Homer Simpson's trunks

And anyways, we should really have a plac where we could discuss topics with our citizens, rather than only our Legislators. Here, only present and past Legislators really come to discuss. It could be a well-oriented gesture of the outgoing or the upcoming Emperor to open up a thread in this spirit, like an "Agora". I had contemplated opening such a thing a few weeks ago. We should also be able to discuss two bills at a time, but on the other hand I really don't like the very strict and stiff bill Hash proposed for legislative procedure. Anyway, Hash, there is no problem to change the order in which you introduce your bills.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #3923 on: April 22, 2013, 06:52:27 PM »

Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #3924 on: April 22, 2013, 08:36:15 PM »