The Irony Oremine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 01:12:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Irony Oremine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46
Author Topic: The Irony Oremine  (Read 127450 times)
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1075 on: November 16, 2022, 11:06:58 PM »

No state with a 90%+ Muslim-majority populace has freedom of religion for other religions.

This is quite blatantly false, nearly all countries in the world provide for religious freedom for religions not in the majority, including the vast majority of 90%+ Muslim countries (and in many these minority religions are growing).

In fact, Pew Research in 2018 rated government restrictions on religion being lower than France's (a country you dedinitely wouldn't consider to not provide freedom of religion, and this is four years ago, with the recent push it'd probably be a lot more countries) in Bangladesh, Jordan, Palestine, Somalia, Niger, Mali, and Senegal, all of which are 90%+ Muslim.

French law is more restrictive on religion- for instance, banning religious clothing is common- but most Muslim-majority countries would be extremely judgmental and bigoted against non-Muslims compared to the same circumstance in, say, Sweden.

Ah, so when you said "No state with a 90%+ Muslim-majority populace has freedom of religion for other religions" you didn't actually mean that, but rather you were referring to the people themselves being "extremely judgemental and bigoted against non-Muslims" especially as compared to the land of sunshine and rainbows Sweden.

It's funny because in 2018, Guinea, Saudi Arabia, Tajikistan, Morocco, Iran, Qatar, Brunei, Niger, Bosnia-Herzegovina, the Gambia, Uzbekistan, Chad, Mauritania, Turkmenistan, Sudan, Bahrain, the Maldives, Kuwait, Kazakhstan, the United Arab Emirates, Azerbaijan, Guinea-Bissau, Senegal, Comoros, Oman, and Albania all scored lower than Sweden on their Religious Social Hostilities Index.

This is 26 out of the 50 majority-Muslim countries of the world (many of these being much more religiously diverse than Sweden), literally meaning that the bare majority of majority-Muslim countries have less social hostilities regarding religion than Sweden does, in direct contradiction with what you say.

If the data you're using claims a country where apostasy carries a death sentence or at least a serious prison term has religious tolerance, then the data you're using is total garbage being used to push an agenda.

I'm glad you posted the list of countries, so people can see just how ridiculously stupid the metrics they must be using if that is the conclusion they come too.
Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1076 on: November 22, 2022, 02:16:19 AM »

Are you more concerned by the fact that kids under 21 are being encouraged to gamble illegally, or the fact the money was used for DEI and not the athletics department? Personally I am more concerned about the first.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1077 on: December 08, 2022, 07:42:11 PM »

Not really sure what Fuzzy’s supposed to have “done wrong” here.  He’s simply expressing a more than reasonable grievance about a mod decision that - rightly or wrongly - would probably leave anyone in Fuzzy’s shoes feeling pretty pissed off in a thread that more or less exists for said purpose (technically the appropriate thread would be user complaints, but we all know that’s not the issue here).  Honestly, the fact that folks are so intent on dogpiling him for doing so doesn’t exactly dispel the idea that he is being treated with an unfair double-standard.  

I agree with Torie that the situation is what it is and for better or worse, nothing is going to change Re: the outcome at this point.  Fuzzy made his point, folks are gonna either agree or disagree.  Sometimes you fight the good fight, but things still don’t work out and you’ve just got to take the L and move on.  At the same time, Fuzzy is raising a perfectly legitimate complaint and the reaction has basically been “loooolz piss off and shut up!”  That’s really not right and I don’t blame him at all for pushing back.

It would be one thing if he were just posting his complaints in the appropriate threads, but he keeps bringing it up unprompted in other boards.

So put him on ignore.  Problem solved!  I put certain folks on ignore b/c they really annoy me or diminish the quality of the forum and it has done wonders for my blood pressure Tongue

If someone is spamming a thread over and over and over again, mods have intervened in the past about someone who is disrupting the thread.
It is inconceivable to me that a mod would now come here and tell people to just "put him on ignore. Problem solved!"
That is not an appropriate response the community would want to hear from a moderator. People are expecting you to consider the overall situation, and do your job.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1078 on: December 16, 2022, 12:59:33 AM »

WE'VE HIT THE MOTHERLOAD!!

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1079 on: December 30, 2022, 01:27:14 PM »

Absolutely incredible how this guy consistently takes the absolute worst position on every single possible issue
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1080 on: January 08, 2023, 03:58:11 AM »

Absolutely incredible how this guy consistently takes the absolute worst position on every single possible issue

Nope
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1081 on: January 08, 2023, 08:25:53 AM »

Oh I'm not alone in seeing the irony in Fergie s post
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1082 on: January 08, 2023, 04:09:36 PM »

No, because the absolute majority of Russians support the war against my people, support the war crimes that the Russians commit every day in Ukraine, support the killing of civilians, support the rape, support the genocide organized by the Russians in Ukraine

What evidence do you have for this statement?

Does Andriy of all people here need to explain himself on this subject?! I don’t even agree with him (see my above post) but I imagine that I too just might be biased against Russians if I were Ukrainian right now, ffs!

This forum is academic in nature. It’s not a place to rant against countries you (justifiably) have a low opinion of. Making false statements is not okay in an environment like this.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1083 on: January 08, 2023, 06:12:08 PM »

Oh I'm not alone in seeing the irony in Fergie s post

Yes, three people recommended your post, among two of which are among the worst hacks/trolls on Atlas
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1084 on: January 09, 2023, 11:07:28 PM »

With regards to the present situation? Yes, because my supply of pity, while not absolutely limitless, is considerable. Do I fault Ukrainians (who I certainly feel considerably more sorry for) for, broadly speaking, not having any? No. They're engaged in a war of survival and are entitled to (and must) think and feel whatever is best to allow them to continue to prosecute that struggle. Regarding the long-term historical picture? Certainly. And for their neighbours. Both are trapped in the same grim historical cycle.

No, but the harassment is in poor taste and you're only doing it as it's taboo-busting behaviour. It's unpleasant and reflects poorly on you.

It’s not “harassment” to ask someone for evidence for a pretty out-there statement.

Not sure how I overlooked this one.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1085 on: January 12, 2023, 09:11:13 AM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1086 on: January 22, 2023, 01:40:44 PM »

Meh, this doesn't really fit. One can disagree with LL and think him overly abrasive )i know,  glass houses,  pot calling kettle,  etc.), but he really doesn't make attempts at trolling to speak of.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1087 on: January 23, 2023, 08:38:03 AM »

Meh, this doesn't really fit. One can disagree with LL and think him overly abrasive )i know,  glass houses,  pot calling kettle,  etc.), but he really doesn't make attempts at trolling to speak of.

You're back?  Bad mods.  Bad mods.  Tongue
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1088 on: January 30, 2023, 01:01:35 AM »

Typically, having your country turn from being a superpower to literally collapsing is not a sign of being a good leader.

The seeds of collapse were sewn by the aging and incompetent leadership of the USSR that preceded Gorbachev.

Yeah, and Gorbachev did nothing to prevent said collapse. He just accepted it was inevitable, which is not something a strong leader does.

But it was inevitable at that point.

It wasn’t. Anyone who says the collapse of any country is “inevitable” doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

Anyone who deals in absolutes doesn't know what they're talking about.

This is an absolute.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1089 on: January 31, 2023, 08:13:43 PM »

This is why I ignore both of those clowns. BRTD and those who admire him are frankly pretty dull and uninteresting.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1090 on: January 31, 2023, 10:54:07 PM »

Irony Biden and Hillary were in the Obama WH download Obama classified documentsvon Russia, Ukraine and China

Again What difference does it make

There's no fraud or Regulation Hillary
Sec Clinton should of known not to have a conversation unclassified documents Comey.
I didn't email any classified documents on my email in front of UN, Comey and Goudy perjury Hillary

That's irony and it's on you tube it's getting a lot of hits now
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1091 on: January 31, 2023, 11:10:35 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2023, 11:17:13 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

No one is saying Biden or Harris is gonna lose but even if they get reelected they may have divided Govt the D's were favs to especially take the H in 24 now it's downgrade now due to Docugate there are still blk and.Latino voters that can swing a race, due to minority blks are voting for Beshear over Cameron, but Docugate affects suburban Mom not minority just like Gore, Kerry and Hillary won only 40% of Indies soccer moms

Also, Biden was all set to start his Donations for reelection I doubt users on Atlas like us are ready to Donate after Docugate and they are ending all stimulus check on May 11th and people making over 35K are gonna have a 350 bill on Student loans, I doubt they give us that 10K Forgiveness it's gonna be heard in March the Decision along with Moore Harper ISL will come out and I doubt ISL will be that fav to Ds with no Voting Rights
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1092 on: February 01, 2023, 03:57:56 PM »

Xahar is extremely impudent and convinced of his own superiority.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #1093 on: March 20, 2023, 11:04:21 PM »

I don't understand what's going on here but I'm not really sure that it needed a thread
A guy who received 12,239 votes in the first round for the Chicago mayoral election made an ignorant tweet. No, it did not need a thread.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1094 on: April 14, 2023, 05:46:07 PM »

I do too, but I also want to live in reality.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1095 on: April 16, 2023, 04:52:48 PM »

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1096 on: April 30, 2023, 01:09:25 PM »

I do believe that DeSantis is a significantly stronger candidate than Trump.

Joe Biden, IMO, has done more damage to the Republic than any President in my lifetime, and more WILLFUL damage than I ever could have imagined.  I have never thought this in my entire life, but right now, I really believe that Biden and his Cabal need to be voted out before they do any more damage than they have to date.  DeSantis can possibly win.  I don't believe Trump can win.  I believe that DeSantis's chances will go up if this message takes hold in the mind of Republican Primary voters.

Until right now, I always assumed your grip on reality was tenuous at best. Now I know you have no connection with reality.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1097 on: May 06, 2023, 03:39:42 PM »

I don’t think you’re the person to be making calls on who’s intelligent or not, for rather obvious reasons.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1098 on: May 07, 2023, 11:41:31 AM »

Joe Biden, IMO, has done more damage to the Republic than any President in my lifetime, and more WILLFUL damage than I ever could have imagined.  I have never thought this in my entire life, but right now, I really believe that Biden and his Cabal need to be voted out before they do any more damage than they have to date.  DeSantis can possibly win.  I don't believe Trump can win.  I believe that DeSantis's chances will go up if this message takes hold in the mind of Republican Primary voters.

Until right now, I always assumed your grip on reality was tenuous at best. Now I know you have no connection with reality.

If someone is saying that Biden has done the most damage to American democracy, their sanity is questionable.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1099 on: May 07, 2023, 12:32:26 PM »

If someone is saying that Biden has done the most damage to American democracy, their sanity is questionable.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies