NFL draft prospect Michael Sam comes out as gay--UPDATE: signed by Dallas?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:07:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NFL draft prospect Michael Sam comes out as gay--UPDATE: signed by Dallas?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: NFL draft prospect Michael Sam comes out as gay--UPDATE: signed by Dallas?  (Read 7787 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2014, 10:47:22 PM »

He had the unluck to get drafted to a team that already had a great DL.
Cobbler
United States

« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2014, 10:38:57 AM »

I personally blame ESPN for this (along with Manziel falling/Tebow not getting picked up). There are so many teams in the NFL who don't want the media circus around him, and now ESPN torpedoed a promising NFL career.

This might be the case if he doesn't get picked up by another team, but the Rams are a team that is stacked on defense and it was already very unlikely he would've made that team.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2014, 04:18:47 PM »

Cowboys will add him tomorrow pending a physical.
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2014, 05:15:46 PM »

The Cowboys?

Yeah, you're real funny God.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2014, 05:55:31 PM »

Yeah, looks like he's joining the Dallas practice squad:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2014/09/02/michael-sam-on-the-verge-of-joining-dallas-cowboys-practice-squad/14983763/
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2014, 07:12:41 PM »

I sure hope the media circus doesn't bother Michael Sam too often down in Dallas.  Being on the practice squad for a while may help, but I would like for him to be able to blend into the crowd in Dallas and make contributions for the team.  I have my doubts as the media and the NFL is still a little homophobic by all the attention he has received over most other players except Johnny Manziel.  The NFL fines and suspends its personnel for making homophobic remarks and slurs, but the league as a whole is still homophobic.  I think it's great that he has been included in the NFL and has found a team, but for his sake and the sake of his teammates, he doesn't need a circus following his every footstep, especially in the shower.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2014, 07:24:01 PM »

And people thought being gay was going to sink his career.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2014, 09:29:18 AM »

I sure hope the media circus doesn't bother Michael Sam too often down in Dallas.  Being on the practice squad for a while may help, but I would like for him to be able to blend into the crowd in Dallas and make contributions for the team.  I have my doubts as the media and the NFL is still a little homophobic by all the attention he has received over most other players except Johnny Manziel.  The NFL fines and suspends its personnel for making homophobic remarks and slurs, but the league as a whole is still homophobic.  I think it's great that he has been included in the NFL and has found a team, but for his sake and the sake of his teammates, he doesn't need a circus following his every footstep, especially in the shower.

If I'm a Dallas Cowboy player, I'd rather get media questions about Michael Sam than the team's recent performance, Jason Garrett's job status, Tony Romo's play, Jerry Jones management of the team, or any other question the media usually asks about the team..
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2014, 03:29:08 PM »

If I'm a Dallas Cowboy player, I'd rather get media questions about Michael Sam than the team's recent performance, Jason Garrett's job status, Tony Romo's play, Jerry Jones management of the team, or any other question the media usually asks about the team..

Quite true
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies