What do you want this game to become?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 01:07:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  What do you want this game to become?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Which would you rather see happen in Fantasy Politics?
More Realistic (i.e. more complex like a real Gov't)

More Simple (likely would be more fun and easy to pick up)

Stay the same as it is now.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: What do you want this game to become?  (Read 2595 times)
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2005, 04:12:21 PM »

Though it is a little harder for a newbie to learn, I like having 6 or 8 parties instead of 2. Can anyone imagine the day in real life when the Green, Libertarian, and Constitution Parties have as much of a chance at winning an election as the Republican and Democratic Parties? I don't think there should be a required four parties, but notice this past election King and Dibble combined their tickets.

We don't want to make things overly complicated as we do this for fun and our elected officials have a real life outside of this. Our presidential elections are every four months instead of every four years. The real congress talks about some stupid things that I doubt anyone really wants to discuss here.

I can see the point of cutting voting down from 72 to 24 hours, but this is not real life and not everyone can get to a computer whenever they need to. (Well we do have absentee voting.) The problem that this is trying to address could be solved with anonymous voting, but this would make it much harder to protect against voter fraud.

As far as what happened in the Southeast, I think we need to somehow make sure people who vote are at least active enough in the Fantasy Boards to make an informed choice when voting. The activity requirements can be met on non-fantasy boards allowing people who have no idea what has been happening vote.

As I have noticed the Coatlition to preserve preferential voting, I wonder if I should start the Coalition for Condorcet voting. (Only the third time in the past 48 hours I have mentioned Condorcet voting so I won't say anything else.)
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2005, 04:18:22 PM »

As I have noticed the Coatlition to preserve preferential voting, I wonder if I should start the Coalition for Condorcet voting. (Only the third time in the past 48 hours I have mentioned Condorcet voting so I won't say anything else.)
I'll join.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2005, 04:26:13 PM »

I'll join.

That's two. I guess I'll start a thread for this.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2005, 05:16:51 PM »

Option 2.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies