Trump goes on Russia-state-owned RT to slam the US media
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:16:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump goes on Russia-state-owned RT to slam the US media
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Trump goes on Russia-state-owned RT to slam the US media  (Read 3103 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 09, 2016, 01:53:10 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-larry-king_us_57d21444e4b03d2d4599c20a

You can't make this stuff up.

"Make America Great Again" seems to really mean "Make Trump's America become like Putin's Russia"
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 02:55:44 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-larry-king_us_57d21444e4b03d2d4599c20a

You can't make this stuff up.

"Make America Great Again" seems to really mean "Make Trump's America become like Putin's Russia"

Ehm... What exactly do you not like?
That Trump was interviewed by Larry "white as f**k" King on RT?

Here is the interview Iraq, Hillary and baseball: Donald Trump talks to Larry King (RT EXCLUSIVE)

Do you think, that Larry was too nice towards Trump? He was allright, better than Fox, IMHO.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 02:57:13 PM »

It's Larry King not Mikhail Gorbachev
DoctorWinstonOBoogie
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -4.52

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 03:00:43 PM »

The point isn't that it was Larry King. The point is that the presidential nominee of a major American party went on Russian state-owned (propaganda) news channel for an interview. If the Trump campaign didn't bother to ask where the interview would be published, that just shows their massive incompetence.
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 03:04:20 PM »

Trump makes me freaking sick. The guy supports our enemies and people that mistreat their own people.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 03:09:03 PM »

Make AmericaRussia Great Again!
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2016, 03:11:03 PM »

Yeah imagine if Walter Mondale or Michael Dukakis had done this in 1984 or 1988. And if they had boasted about having the endorsement of the Soviet Premier, and said the Premier was a stronger leader than Ronald Reagan. How badly would they have lost?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2016, 03:12:40 PM »

Yeah imagine if Walter Mondale or Michael Dukakis had done this in the 1984 or 1988. And if they had boasted about having the endorsement of the Soviet Premier, and said the Premier was a stronger leader than Ronald Reagan. How badly would they have lost?

Well, in Mondale's case there's a fairly low limit on how much worse he could have lost. Wink
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2016, 03:14:11 PM »

Trump makes me freaking sick. The guy supports our enemies and people that mistreat their own people.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2016, 03:14:15 PM »

Yeah imagine if Walter Mondale or Michael Dukakis had done this in the 1984 or 1988. And if they had boasted about having the endorsement of the Soviet Premier, and said the Premier was a stronger leader than Ronald Reagan. How badly would they have lost?

Well, in Mondale's case there's a fairly low limit on how much worse he could have lost. Wink

Heh, committing treason would've made it worse.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2016, 03:21:15 PM »

KellyAnne Conway says the Trump campaign didn't realize that the interview would be broadcast on RT.  Trump isn't even president yet, and he's already getting bamboozled by Putin!  I thought he was supposed to be a great negotiator, who would never get tricked by foreign governments?  Tongue

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/774231632987455488

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2016, 03:40:49 PM »

Larry King has to go soft on someone behind in the polls. So does everyone.

I am not in the media, so I am free to shred that horrible man.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2016, 03:43:50 PM »

RT is garbage and as always screw trump for being Russia's cheerleader.

On a related note, I never was a fan of Ed Shultz, but now that I hear he is on RT praising Putin and trump while bashing Obama and Hillary,  I hate the bas****. Guy must have 0 soul.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2016, 04:34:50 PM »

Either Conway lied (not unusual for her, as that's her top skill) or is blissfully and shockingly ignorant of her own candidates actions (also possible, as Trump seems to disdain the way he's supposed to campaign).
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2016, 05:53:02 PM »

It's Larry King. Comeon now.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2016, 06:21:59 PM »

cMac36
Rookie
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2016, 06:34:18 PM »

Yeah, one of the key forms of postmodern censorship is to only grant certain networks, all of which are controlled by the same cartel of for-profit advertisers, legitimacy in reporting.  

And in postmodern imperialism, Russia is not allowed to have news networks.  It is, simply, unthinkable. The only way to get legitimate news to the public is to filter it through the capitalists who control our major networks.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2016, 06:41:08 PM »

Yeah, one of the key forms of postmodern censorship is to only grant certain networks, all of which are controlled by the same cartel of for-profit advertisers, legitimacy in reporting.  

And in postmodern imperialism, Russia is not allowed to have news networks.  It is, simply, unthinkable. The only way to get legitimate news to the public is to filter it through the capitalists who control our major networks.

You prefer Russian capital to American?

Hint, in case you have not heard: Russia has replaced communism with fascism years ago.
cMac36
Rookie
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2016, 06:44:02 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2016, 06:45:36 PM by cMac36 »

Sometime around 1966 liberal hero MLK Jr called the US Government "the greatest purveyor of violence in the World".  Things have only gotten worse since then as the US operates in every crevice of the globe.

And as for mistreats own people, the US locks more people in prison than PRC or DPRK or Russia.  US police harass blacks for a living.  US weapons kill labor organizers in Columbia, partisans (or not) in Syria.  Israel uses US weapons to mass-murder persons in the Gaza Strip without fear of retaliation.  Saudi Arabia lynches homosexuals thanks to US support.

Power and evil go together.  The US is civilized in that we respect a form of the Magna Carta idea, that the nobles have access to due process.  We postmodern nobles here in the US number in the tens of millions.  If you can buy a lawyer's labor, you might be able to buy justice.

But most of America is one or more of hungry, incarcerated, beaten on, has untreated PTSD from Iraq or Afghanistan, is in debt, treated to nothing but harassment from birth, stressed out so their employers can enjoy "labor flexibility".

We of the political class(the mostly White, mostly upper-income/wealth 15-30% of people that have bother voting repeatedly) pretend it isn't happening, and simply don't bother to learn what the US actually is doing Worldwide.  Why do we need military presence in 135 countries?  Why are we conducting airstrikes in half-a-dozen countries in the Middle East? For "defense"?  You all buy this nonsense?
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2016, 06:44:33 PM »

I have never seen something like this man.
cMac36
Rookie
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2016, 06:52:20 PM »

You prefer Russian capital to American?

The distinction is blurred, as most "American capital" became transnational capital long ago.  "What's good for GM is Good for America" died long ago as anything but a bad joke.

Beyond that I'd recommend people look at both the news outlets controlled by American capital as well as all the others, and actively seek out those "independent" outlets that are NOT controlled by capital (community or University radio etc.), and decide on their own picture of the World.

As for US vs Russian imperialism in places like Syria or Ukraine, as an American I don't feel compelled to have any dog in the fight.

The main reason I am speaking in this particular thread is because the Russophobia American liberals have embraced bothers me: that somehow it is illegitimate act to appear as a guest on Russia Today.  That stinks of a desire to control information.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2016, 07:36:35 PM »

Sometime around 1966 liberal hero MLK Jr called the US Government "the greatest purveyor of violence in the World".  Things have only gotten worse since then as the US operates in every crevice of the globe.

And as for mistreats own people, the US locks more people in prison than PRC or DPRK or Russia.  US police harass blacks for a living.  US weapons kill labor organizers in Columbia, partisans (or not) in Syria.  Israel uses US weapons to mass-murder persons in the Gaza Strip without fear of retaliation.  Saudi Arabia lynches homosexuals thanks to US support.

Power and evil go together.  The US is civilized in that we respect a form of the Magna Carta idea, that the nobles have access to due process.  We postmodern nobles here in the US number in the tens of millions.  If you can buy a lawyer's labor, you might be able to buy justice.

But most of America is one or more of hungry, incarcerated, beaten on, has untreated PTSD from Iraq or Afghanistan, is in debt, treated to nothing but harassment from birth, stressed out so their employers can enjoy "labor flexibility".

We of the political class(the mostly White, mostly upper-income/wealth 15-30% of people that have bother voting repeatedly) pretend it isn't happening, and simply don't bother to learn what the US actually is doing Worldwide.  Why do we need military presence in 135 countries?  Why are we conducting airstrikes in half-a-dozen countries in the Middle East? For "defense"?  You all buy this nonsense?

On the other hand, the US has done some good in the world. For example, tens of millions of people in Africa have access to cheap AIDS medications thanks to some US charities. A child born with HIV has only a 50% chance of making it to his second birthday. In some countries, up to 30% of pregnant women have HIV. Retrovirals can reduce the chances of mother to child HIV transmission by 75%.
cMac36
Rookie
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2016, 07:53:26 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2016, 07:55:36 PM by cMac36 »

On the other hand, the US has done some good in the world. For example, tens of millions of people in Africa have access to cheap AIDS medications thanks to some US charities. A child born with HIV has only a 50% chance of making it to his second birthday. In some countries, up to 30% of pregnant women have HIV. Retrovirals can reduce the chances of mother to child HIV transmission by 75%.

And I take it upon myself as a citizen to be a critic of the society, because I know there will be plenty getting in on the celebrations.

Being a critic does not mean cutting oneself off from or discarding the society.  One thing that is very much better in the US that almost anywhere else in the World since the late 1700s, is press freedom.  That is very important to me and the struggle to preserve free press against attempted incursions, both the legal incursions that the Federal Gov't has tried to make on the Bill of Rights since the late 70s/early 80s, ramped up to the extreme under Reagan and hasn't let up, as well as the capitalist and ideological filters that are used to control the public mind.  Because the latter is a perversion of the free press, as well as the ideological incursions that result of commodifying coverage of the election and politice into certain private for-profit companies that really are selling advertisements to capitalists, not news to you, that to me is a perversion of effective communication in the democracy.

Thankfully the capitalists will always sell you the rope you want to hang them with.  Twitter and smartphones is a nuclear nightmare for law enforcement as well as those who would seek to control information flow.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2016, 07:59:26 PM »

Beyond that I'd recommend people look at both the news outlets

Sure, look at the news outlets. I mean, Al Jazeera has a decent track record - by all means, get your news there. The problem with RT is that it is not a news outlet. It is a propaganda mouthpiece, which is very much capable of inventing "news" as needed. It makes as much sense to use it as a news source, as The Onion - actually, thinking of it, The Onion, is, probably, more likely to provide actual news.

This is not "russophobia": it is simply a statement of fact. Had the Russians actually created a credible news source, I would have happily endorsed it. They did not - whether by choice, or because those in charge simply do not know the difference, I cannot say for sure. I mean, back in the day, when I listened to short-wave radio back in Russia, I had a choice of BBC Russian service and Radio Tirana International. Sometimes I, actually, tuned into that last broadcast (for fun). But I never considered it to be a "news source". BBC, of course, was always pretty damn good Smiley
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2016, 08:03:53 PM »

The main reason I am speaking in this particular thread is because the Russophobia American liberals have embraced bothers me: that somehow it is illegitimate act to appear as a guest on Russia Today.  That stinks of a desire to control information.

Again, this is not "Russophobia". This is not about talking on a Russian channel.  It is which Russian channel he chose. Had he come on, say,

https://tvrain.ru/

I would have had no objections Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies