What are gas prices where you're at?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 04:13:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What are gas prices where you're at?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 27
Author Topic: What are gas prices where you're at?  (Read 70493 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: August 19, 2008, 10:27:55 PM »

It was $3.45/gallon today.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #251 on: August 19, 2008, 10:42:27 PM »

Oregon, too. And therefore you can find full-serve in all of the states around NJ.

It's not hard to find full-serve around here.  You just need to look for the independently owned no-name stations.  Most of those offer full-serve for the same self-serve prices of branded stations, sometimes even cheaper.
Conan
conan

« Reply #252 on: August 20, 2008, 01:43:56 AM »

last time I filled up was a Getty on Huntington Pike (PA 232) in Rockledge, full serve...3.45

I think that was this past friday.

Full serve? I've never actually seen that.

it's the law in New Jersey.

What a fuсked-up law.

Consider the state...

Well, I guess they asked for it, then.
It's not a ed up law. It supposedly an insurance risk and keeps gas prices low. I consider it a luxury and convenience. Are you actually saying that you enjoy getting out of your car and pumping your own gas? That seems very delightful.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #253 on: August 20, 2008, 01:50:51 AM »

$3.59 credit / $3.54 cash.  First time I've seen stations around here offer split pricing like that.
That used to be pretty common back in the early 90's.  I haven't seen it in years, but this is the second or third time I've heard about it second hand.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #254 on: August 20, 2008, 01:58:37 AM »

It's not a ed up law. It supposedly an insurance risk and keeps gas prices low. I consider it a luxury and convenience. Are you actually saying that you enjoy getting out of your car and pumping your own gas? That seems very delightful.
Right, and we're to believe the other 48 states are wrong and New Jersey and Oregon are right?  Come on!  Even with Jersey's sh**tty schools you can figure out that that can't possibly be true.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #255 on: August 20, 2008, 02:10:52 AM »

$3.65 or so. Has remained as such fairly consistently for a few weeks.

There is one gas station in my area that offers different prices for cash or credit that I'm aware of, usually about 10 cents less for cash.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #256 on: August 20, 2008, 09:58:19 AM »

$3.69
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #257 on: August 20, 2008, 10:27:39 AM »

Right, and we're to believe the other 48 states are wrong and New Jersey and Oregon are right?  Come on!  Even with Jersey's sh**tty schools you can figure out that that can't possibly be true.

It can be quite nice sometimes...especially when crossing over from SE PA into C/S NJ, the price falls at least a dime a gallon...and you're the only or one of a few cars at the station...

other times not so much, if theres a packed house you have to wait quite a bit, and that attendant better screw the gas cap on tightly
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #258 on: August 20, 2008, 02:11:51 PM »

last time I filled up was a Getty on Huntington Pike (PA 232) in Rockledge, full serve...3.45

What a fuсked-up law.

Consider the state...

Well, I'm not afraid to dirty my hands with a gas pump. And even if you like being waited upon, that's no reason to make it compulsory.

And Fezzy's right about NJ schools.
Conan
conan

« Reply #259 on: August 20, 2008, 08:49:15 PM »

What a fuсked-up law.

Consider the state...

Well, I'm not afraid to dirty my hands with a gas pump. And even if you like being waited upon, that's no reason to make it compulsory.

And Fezzy's right about NJ schools.
Yes, NJ schools have highest in the nation graduation rates and students who go on to college. Best in the nation.

As for the gas, I just wouldnt have had a strong reaction as you. I might have gone with "well that's interesting" and I never would have thought someone would prefer to pump their own gas.

NJ is also cited as for the most of the time having the lowest in the nation gas prices and NJ does have the lowest gas tax.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #260 on: August 20, 2008, 08:52:29 PM »

Yes, NJ schools have highest in the nation graduation rates and students who go on to college. Best in the nation.

As for the gas, I just wouldnt have had a strong reaction as you. I might have gone with "well that's interesting" and I never would have thought someone would prefer to pump their own gas.

NJ is also cited as for the most of the time having the lowest in the nation gas prices and NJ does have the lowest gas tax.

I think it's fine if people don't want to pump their own (there is always an extra price for convenience), but why make it compulsory?

California gas costs a lot, but pollutes comparatively little.
Conan
conan

« Reply #261 on: August 22, 2008, 12:09:09 AM »

I think it's fine if people don't want to pump their own (there is always an extra price for convenience), but why make it compulsory?

California gas costs a lot, but pollutes comparatively little.
We don't have to pay extra.....IIRC it saves us some.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #262 on: August 22, 2008, 12:15:55 AM »

Somebody is paying those guys pumping the gas aint they?  That money doesn't fall like mana from heaven.  Somebody is paying for it somewhere.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #263 on: August 22, 2008, 01:57:05 AM »

$3.29 earlier tonight.

Cheesy
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #264 on: August 22, 2008, 05:40:02 AM »

1.479 EUR/Liter = $8.32/gallon
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #265 on: August 22, 2008, 08:12:30 AM »

Somebody is paying those guys pumping the gas aint they?  That money doesn't fall like mana from heaven.  Somebody is paying for it somewhere.
I believe Conan is actually right, the payroll tax we garner from them brings down gas taxes

Anyway, I've seen in the $3.30s for cash at no name stations
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #266 on: August 22, 2008, 08:15:19 AM »

I believe Conan is actually right, the payroll tax we garner from them brings down gas taxes
That's great!

But somebody is still paying those guys to pump gas.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #267 on: August 22, 2008, 08:25:24 AM »

That's great!

But somebody is still paying those guys to pump gas.
True, but the person is not really the consumer as evidenced by the low prices
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #268 on: August 22, 2008, 09:44:35 AM »

Maybe not, but somebody is.  Do gas station owners in NJ make substantially less money than their counterparts in PA or NY?  They must be getting compensated somewhere, somehow.  The math doesn't add up otherwise.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #269 on: August 22, 2008, 09:50:08 AM »

Maybe not, but somebody is.  Do gas station owners in NJ make substantially less money than their counterparts in PA or NY?  They must be getting compensated somewhere, somehow.  The math doesn't add up otherwise.
Most gas stations in New Jersey do a lot of business through repairs as well as gas sales.  There are not as many body shops as in other states.  Plus, the employee cost is really not that great.  Most have two guys at a time pumping gas at minimum wage.  So $7.25X2=$14.50 an hour.  So we are talking maybe $300 a day, and these people also run the conveince stores inside so they are doing double duty
Conan
conan

« Reply #270 on: August 24, 2008, 11:45:44 PM »

Most gas stations in New Jersey do a lot of business through repairs as well as gas sales.  There are not as many body shops as in other states.  Plus, the employee cost is really not that great.  Most have two guys at a time pumping gas at minimum wage.  So $7.25X2=$14.50 an hour.  So we are talking maybe $300 a day, and these people also run the conveince stores inside so they are doing double duty
they also pay less insurance on their business because random people arent toying with their pumps.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #271 on: August 25, 2008, 12:01:34 PM »

Gas prices are down to $3.29 over here.  That is an 80 cent drop since last month when the executive order barring off-shore drilling was lifted.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #272 on: August 25, 2008, 12:02:09 PM »

Gas prices are down to $3.29 over here.  That is an 80 cent drop since last month when the executive order barring off-shore drilling was lifted.

Huh
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #273 on: August 25, 2008, 12:33:55 PM »

Huh

It was $4.09 down here in mid July.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #274 on: August 25, 2008, 03:39:45 PM »

random people arent toying with their pumps.

Goldmine material.

They really aren't hard to use. Remove, insert, squeeze, wait, remove, replace. I'd rather myself do it than someone of (likely) lesser talent.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 27  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies