Pawns of Power: an RPG
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:33:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Pawns of Power: an RPG
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14
Author Topic: Pawns of Power: an RPG  (Read 49389 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2004, 08:56:58 PM »

yea
M

« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2004, 09:45:08 PM »

Josh, Verin is making these flags. Thanks, by the way, Verin! The Great Seal is a problem- it should say "Great Seal of the Hereditary President of the Despotic Federation", and include a Lion and Unicorn, and a Kalmar crest. But I love the ribbon idea, it's perfect!

You can, of course, once you gain control, create your own names, anthems, flags, and so forth. These may appear as constants in your updates. For game purposes, however, country names, ruler's titles, and ruler's seals will remain constant. These are my seal idea, and graphic for them would be nice. I could post them at the begnning of every update of the appropriate country.

Kingdom 1: Based on the Great Seal of the President of the USA, features a Lion and a Unicorn to the sides and a flag or coat of arms symbolizing the Kalmar Union above.

Kingdom 3: Based on the Brazilian flag, with an Argentine-style sun above the central globe, an eagle with a snake on a cactus to the right, and a portrait of Simon Bolivar to the left.

Kingdom 3: EU flag, but also showing Bourbon, Habsburg, Hohenzollern, and Piast royal symbols (the fleur de lis, Double-headed Eagle, Black Eagle, and White Eagle) placed strategically at the corners.

Kingdom 4: Ernest's Romanov symbol works quite nicely.

Kingdom 5: A Saudi flag, featuring in its four corners, a Hashemite/Arab Revolt/Pan Arab colors flag, probably the mosern Jordanian flag; Saladin's Eagle from the Egyptian flag; the five-crescent symbol from the Iranian flag, and a crescent moon and star.

Kingdom 6: The central symbol of the Indian flag, the ASEAN symbol, and a crescent superimposed on a Nepalese double-triangular-pennant flag.

Kingdom 7: The Qing Dynasty's Manchu Dragon Banner.

Kingdom 8: A WW2 vintage IJN flag, with the rays on the right hitting a korean yin-yang; the symbol from the Phillipine flag; and the sun-like thing from the ROC flag.

Kingdom 9: A Marcus Gravey flag featuring the black lion at the center.

Kingdom 10: The symbol of the State of Israel (includes a menorah and some olive branches), with the Lion from the symbol of the City of Jerusalem superimposed belowhand.

Who will make these for me? Note they are for my use, not necessarily the player's (though he is free to use them if he wishes). If you need help, I have found Flags of the World, http://www.fotw.net , to be an excellent source.

We just need China, if you can persuade Migrendel or anyone lese, we'd love to have him! Also, we need to convince Ernest to stay with us, if he leaves we need a new player.

StatesRights, you're going with Abdullah II al-Hashimiyyah, correct?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2004, 09:46:12 PM »

Josh, Verin is making these flags. Thanks, by the way, Verin! The Great Seal is a problem- it should say "Great Seal of the Hereditary President of the Despotic Federation", and include a Lion and Unicorn, and a Kalmar crest. But I love the ribbon idea, it's perfect!

You can, of course, once you gain control, create your own names, anthems, flags, and so forth. These may appear as constants in your updates. For game purposes, however, country names, ruler's titles, and ruler's seals will remain constant. These are my seal idea, and graphic for them would be nice. I could post them at the begnning of every update of the appropriate country.

Kingdom 1: Based on the Great Seal of the President of the USA, features a Lion and a Unicorn to the sides and a flag or coat of arms symbolizing the Kalmar Union above.

Kingdom 3: Based on the Brazilian flag, with an Argentine-style sun above the central globe, an eagle with a snake on a cactus to the right, and a portrait of Simon Bolivar to the left.

Kingdom 3: EU flag, but also showing Bourbon, Habsburg, Hohenzollern, and Piast royal symbols (the fleur de lis, Double-headed Eagle, Black Eagle, and White Eagle) placed strategically at the corners.

Kingdom 4: Ernest's Romanov symbol works quite nicely.

Kingdom 5: A Saudi flag, featuring in its four corners, a Hashemite/Arab Revolt/Pan Arab colors flag, probably the mosern Jordanian flag; Saladin's Eagle from the Egyptian flag; the five-crescent symbol from the Iranian flag, and a crescent moon and star.

Kingdom 6: The central symbol of the Indian flag, the ASEAN symbol, and a crescent superimposed on a Nepalese double-triangular-pennant flag.

Kingdom 7: The Qing Dynasty's Manchu Dragon Banner.

Kingdom 8: A WW2 vintage IJN flag, with the rays on the right hitting a korean yin-yang; the symbol from the Phillipine flag; and the sun-like thing from the ROC flag.

Kingdom 9: A Marcus Gravey flag featuring the black lion at the center.

Kingdom 10: The symbol of the State of Israel (includes a menorah and some olive branches), with the Lion from the symbol of the City of Jerusalem superimposed belowhand.

Who will make these for me? Note they are for my use, not necessarily the player's (though he is free to use them if he wishes). If you need help, I have found Flags of the World, http://www.fotw.net , to be an excellent source.

We just need China, if you can persuade Migrendel or anyone lese, we'd love to have him! Also, we need to convince Ernest to stay with us, if he leaves we need a new player.

StatesRights, you're going with Abdullah II al-Hashimiyyah, correct?
Oh
M

« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2004, 10:14:26 PM »

Aslo, can you include the titles on those ribbons? Like, From the Desk of (Title) (Character's Name).

The titles are, to refresh:

1- Hereditary President
2- Viceroy
3- Kaiser
4- Tsar
5- Sultan
6- Maharajah
7- Emperor
8- Shogun
9- Negus
10- Melekh
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2004, 10:24:56 PM »

You need a new player.
As you may have noticed, I already deleted all of my posts in this thread.  I just don't think I'll have the time.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2004, 10:30:01 PM »

well what Kingdom did you have?
M

« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2004, 10:41:23 PM »

The Hindustani Empire. We're sorry to lose you, Ernest. Of course this will distract from the Senate Campaign, but as both my oponents are neck deep in the RPG too, that's not much of a problem.

So we need two new players (Migrendel? Mort? MarkDel? King Michael? all start with 'M', like me, and all would be good.)

I can't wait to see Harry's map and Verin's great seals. Hopefully both will be reeady later tonight.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2004, 10:43:01 PM »

The Hindustani Empire. We're sorry to lose you, Ernest. Of course this will distract from the Senate Campaign, but as both my oponents are neck deep in the RPG too, that's not much of a problem.

So we need two new players (Migrendel? Mort? MarkDel? King Michael? all start with 'M', like me, and all would be good.)

I can't wait to see Harry's map and Verin's great seals. Hopefully both will be reeady later tonight.

Yes I hope they are done.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2004, 10:56:46 PM »

Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2004, 10:59:10 PM »

not working Tongue
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2004, 11:01:49 PM »

i'll add a key later
M

« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2004, 11:12:57 PM »

Two teency little errors:

The Despotic Federation does not own Hainan Island.

ISrael occupies the West Bank- move Israel's easter border right one row of pixels. (Don't worry, the Middle East Crisis will be modeled in depth within the game).
M

« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2004, 11:14:30 PM »

But a fantastic map, you've really outdone yourself Harry!
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #138 on: July 21, 2004, 08:05:59 AM »

Aslo, can you include the titles on those ribbons? Like, From the Desk of (Title) (Character's Name).

The titles are, to refresh:

1- Hereditary President
2- Viceroy
3- Kaiser
4- Tsar
5- Sultan
6- Maharajah
7- Emperor
8- Shogun
9- Negus
10- Melekh

Got that... but it makes no sense, because all of us aren't the (insert title here) yet!  Hence, I did not put Tsar Garry Kasparov or Hereditary President Jesse Helms.

Anyway, I still can't find a good Habsburg royal symbol, so I'll skip over #3 for now.

BTW I'm at a class this week from ~8:15-4:30 (including driving) so I'll continue working tonight Smiley
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #139 on: July 21, 2004, 09:00:37 AM »
« Edited: July 21, 2004, 09:02:54 AM by Bono »

So, I guess our flag(Kingdom 8) would be something like this:

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #140 on: July 21, 2004, 09:13:54 AM »

map fixed
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #141 on: July 21, 2004, 09:53:45 AM »

Anyway, I still can't find a good Habsburg royal symbol, so I'll skip over #3 for now.

Just write "Bella Gerant Alii, tu, felix Austria, nube!"
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: July 21, 2004, 03:09:06 PM »

we need two more people.
M

« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2004, 04:38:09 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2004, 04:41:27 PM by Senate Candidate M »

Verin, I have decided to change the ruler of the Middle Kingdom's title to Great Khan. This is because Emperor was too standard and really broke the mold with all those other names there.

The Habsburg Eagle has two heads (Madrid and Vienna, Vienna and Budapest). He bears an Imperial crown, and clutches a sword in one talon and an orb in the other.

Harry, you want to do an Oceania inset in detail? And possibly demarcate Bermuda and St.Pierre & Miquelon on the map.

We really do need two new people. I urge you all to go recruiting, beyond the Atlas if necessary. I'm as much itching to start as Josh is now.

Bono, that flag or one similar is the basis for what I want to do, although I think you can find an even slantier one; I'll look. It also hosts symbols for Phillipines, Korea, and Taiwan.
M

« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2004, 04:52:48 PM »

Does that just give off a neater, slantier appearance, because of its size; or is it really so? Hard to say.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #145 on: July 21, 2004, 05:07:25 PM »

Kingdom 1:  (sorry, there's still 'Presidential Seal of the United States', but since I don't have elaborate image editing software, I don't want to replace it Tongue

Alternatively, I could cut it out)

Kingdom 2:

Kingdom 3:  (sorry about the weirdness with Austria... unfortunatly, it was saved as a jpg so the 'white' wasn't pure white!

Kingdom 4:

And an idea for Kingdom 5 Grin:

Seriously, though.  It's the ultra-Muslim flag Smiley
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #146 on: July 21, 2004, 06:26:23 PM »

Kingdom 6:

Kingdom 7:

Kingdom 8:

Kingdom 9:

I couldn't find a flag with 'the lion' on it Sad

Kingdom 10:
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2004, 07:33:47 PM »

Wow, my flag is frickin' ugly.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2004, 07:41:52 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2004, 07:42:06 PM by Southwest AFRNC Chairman Josh22 »

Code: [IMG*]http://img46.exs.cx/img46/3346/ftdojessehelms.png[/IMG] (minus the *)

Thanks Ilikeverin
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: July 21, 2004, 07:53:57 PM »

what is the flag called in mine?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14  
« previous next »
Jump to: