Fox News: Sarah Palin didn't know Africa was a Continent
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 08:24:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Fox News: Sarah Palin didn't know Africa was a Continent
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Fox News: Sarah Palin didn't know Africa was a Continent  (Read 16568 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2008, 06:11:15 PM »

Yeah Orange county, definitely the land of fruits and nuts. Roll Eyes Anyways I would love for Palin to run in 2012 so you can see firsthand what kind of electoral crushing she would recieve.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2008, 06:12:57 PM »

Yeah Orange county, definitely the land of fruits and nuts. Roll Eyes Anyways I would love for Palin to run in 2012 so you can see firsthand what kind of electoral crushing she would recieve.

....from that hatorade-drinking elite media!
MR maverick
MR politics
United States

« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2008, 06:22:26 PM »

I can't view the clip from where I am, but I'm guessing it's the bit about Chris claiming he thinks it's his duty to help Obama succeed. I've heard Bill O'Reilley say many times that Matthews can say what he wants because he's not a "journalist" as you say but a "commentator." In fact, he gave him credit for being honest about it. I must say I agree with that sentiment.

I agree, but I have more of a problem with Keith Olbermann.  He presents his show as a news program and I've never seen him offer an opposing viewpoint?  Has he ever?  Then every once in a while, he'll presents a "Special Comment" which is obvious commentary, but exascerbates the idea that the preceding 55 minutes of what was just aired was "news". 

on O'Reilly, for example, the liberal guests are generally strawmen and it's obvious who's supposed to be right and who's supposed to be wrong to his audience. It's really the same as Olbermann, just with more shouting.

Thought I was the only one who noticed that.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2008, 06:30:12 PM »

....from that hatorade-drinking elite media!

MSLSD and the Washington Compost prove what we've all known about the liars in the media for years.
Angel of Death
« Reply #104 on: November 13, 2008, 03:25:54 AM »

Turns out it's a hoax.
platypeanArchcow

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -7.65

« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2008, 05:31:01 AM »

From what I understood from that article, the allegations came from a real source (or thin air as it may be) but the hoax staffer claimed credit for making them.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2008, 09:01:43 AM »

From what I understood from that article, the allegations came from a real source (or thin air as it may be) but the hoax staffer claimed credit for making them.

Yes. That's a significant distinction, because I couldn't reconcile the idea the claim was a hoax with the fact she didn't actually deny it, but said it was taken out of context.

But those other claims Eisenstadt made, though... whoa. I'd heard the Wurzelbacher-Keating one and vectored it for a day, albeit without any certainty.
MR maverick
MR politics
United States

« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2008, 09:09:32 AM »

When I first heard this stuff wacthing foxnews I was shocked, however with the way in which she performed during the campaign, one has to wonder.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2008, 09:13:43 AM »

Who cares? Even if it was true, this is the kind of thing people hate liberals for. No one cares about Africa. Her ignorance just makes her seem more genuine.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2008, 09:14:51 AM »

It's people like those 2 that make the credibility of the internet as a whole go down.
MR maverick
MR politics
United States

« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2008, 09:18:01 AM »

Who cares? Even if it was true, this is the kind of thing people hate liberals for. No one cares about Africa. Her ignorance just makes her seem more genuine.

I agree most liberals are jerks, but I hate the way the McCain camp attempted to use her.

So yeah I wanna see her fail, now that McCain is already finished.  
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2008, 12:41:01 PM »

Who cares whether a story is true or not so long as it reinforces what you already want to believe, huh?  Good job, media.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2008, 12:46:00 PM »

"Soon there were videos showing him driving a car while spouting offensive, opinionated nonsense in praise of Rudolph W Giuliani."

Not very concise reporting, that - praise of Rudolph W Giuliani cannot be anything but offensive, opinionated nonsense.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies