||Referendum: State Proposal - 02-1: Referendum on PA269 2001 - An Act to Amend Michigan Election Law (Michigan Elimination of Straight Party||Popular Vote|
- 1. Eliminate "straight party" vote option on partisan general election ballots.
2. Require Secretary of State to obtain training reports from local election officials.
3. Require registered voters who do not appear on registration list to show picture identification before voting a challenged ballot.
4. Require expedited canvass if presidential vote differential is under 25,000.
5. Require ballot counting equipment to screen ballots for voting errors to ensure the accurate tabulation of absentee ballots.
6. Permit voters in polls to correct errors.
7. Provide penalties for stealing campaign signs or accepting payment for campaign work while being paid as a public employee to perform election duties.
|2010 Population:||9,883,640||Enum.||2010 Population Density:||67.2||persons/km2|
|2002 Population:||10,015,710||Est.||2002 Population Density:||68.1||persons/km2|
|2000 Population:||9,938,444||Enum.||2000 Population Density:||67.6||persons/km2|
|Land Area (2000):||147,121||km2||Annual Pop Growth Rate:||-0.1||%|
|Election Data and Statistics:|
- Source for Popular Vote data: Michigan Department of State. 2002 Official Michigan General Election Results - State Proposal - 02-1: Referendum on PA269 2001 - An Act to Amend Michigan Election Law, Michigan Department of State (miboecfr.nicusa.com/election/results/02GEN/90000001.html) (accessed 08 Jan 2011)
- Source for Population data: U.S. Census Bureau.
|Results for and Individual County:|