|Kirsten E. Gillibrand||Democratic
|Joseph J. DioGuardi||Republican
|Cecile A. Lawrence||Green
|Joseph Huff||Rent Too High
|Other (+)|| -
| > 40%
| > 50%
| > 60%
| > 70%
| > 80%
- Kirsten Gillibrand vote is the fusion of Democratic, Independence, and Working Families Parties.
- Joseph J. DioGuardi votes is the fusion of Republican, Conservative, and Taxpayers Parties.
- Class 1 Special Election to fill the seat vacated by the resignation of Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (Kirsten Gillibrand was appointed after Hillary Rodham Clinton resigned to become Secretary of State)
|2010 Population:||19,378,102||Enum.||2010 Population Density:||158.5||persons/km2|
|2000 Population:||18,976,457||Enum.||2000 Population Density:||155.2||persons/km2|
|Land Area (2000):||122,283||km2||Annual Pop Growth Rate:||0.2||%|
|Election Data and Statistics:|
- Source for Popular Vote data: New York State Board of Elections. U.S. Senator Election Returns November 2, 2010, New York State Board of Elections (
) (accessed 13 Dec 2010)
- Source for Population data: U.S. Census Bureau.
|Results for and Individual County:|
|The 2010 Campaign: