|Data for this Contest was Contributed by texaslefty on 2007-02-17|
||Initiative: Proposition 66: Limitations on "Three Strikes" Law||Popular Vote|
- * Amends "Three Strikes" law to require increased sentences only when current conviction is for specified violent and/or serious felony.
* Redefines violent and serious felonies. Only prior convictions for specified violent and/or serious felonies, brought and tried separately, would qualify for second and third "strike" sentence increases.
* Allows conditional re-sentencing of persons with sentences increased under "Three Strikes" law if previous sentencing offenses, resulting in the currently charged felony/felonies, would no longer qualify as violent and/or serious felonies.
* Increases punishment for specified sex crimes against children.
|2010 Population:||37,253,956||Enum.||2010 Population Density:||92.2||persons/km2|
|2004 Population:||35,574,576||Est.||2004 Population Density:||88.1||persons/km2|
|2000 Population:||33,871,648||Enum.||2000 Population Density:||83.9||persons/km2|
|Land Area (2000):||403,933||km2||Annual Pop Growth Rate:||1.0||%|
|Election Data and Statistics:|
- Source for Popular Vote data: California Secretary of State. Statement of Vote 2004 General Election November 2, 2004, California Secretary of State (http://ss.ca.gov/elections/sov/2004_general/formatted_ballot_measures_detail.pdf) (accessed 17 Feb 2007)
- Source for Population data: U.S. Census Bureau.
|Results for and Individual County:|