PA 13
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:16:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA 13
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 68
Author Topic: PA 13  (Read 328649 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: March 20, 2005, 11:35:36 PM »

What happened to TeenGOP, the guy who started this thread?

I think he left for good. I know Phil said he knew him.

He's one of my good friends. He wasn't a fan of the whole internet forum thing. He had a few arguments with Flyers and BRTD. Funny thing is, they think he left because they called him a troll and he couldn't handle them which is far from the truth.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #951 on: March 21, 2005, 02:08:59 PM »

Bringing up BRTD's point from another thread about lawn signs and houses.  You make a good point.  Homeowners are more likely to have more money are are more spread out.  Northeast Philadelphia has a large percentage of apartment complexes.  Homeowners are more spread out, but I've seen a fair number of Schwartz signs even there.  The one part of Mayfair that had a sickening number of Brown signs was an anomaly because John Perzel is extremely popular along that stretch of Ryan Ave I'm referring to and a lot of cops live there. 

One thing I notice is Democrats don't advertise as heavily as Republicans do.  Granted, Schwartz volunteers put signs every 6 feet on major arteries, but they were largely out of area people, but locally the GOP are more aggressive about their politics.  Other than union leaders and committepeople, Democrats will by and large not put up lawn signs whereas Republicans need to show their dominance.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #952 on: March 21, 2005, 02:52:41 PM »

Bringing up BRTD's point from another thread about lawn signs and houses.  You make a good point.  Homeowners are more likely to have more money are are more spread out.  Northeast Philadelphia has a large percentage of apartment complexes.  Homeowners are more spread out, but I've seen a fair number of Schwartz signs even there.  The one part of Mayfair that had a sickening number of Brown signs was an anomaly because John Perzel is extremely popular along that stretch of Ryan Ave I'm referring to and a lot of cops live there. 

One thing I notice is Democrats don't advertise as heavily as Republicans do.  Granted, Schwartz volunteers put signs every 6 feet on major arteries, but they were largely out of area people, but locally the GOP are more aggressive about their politics.  Other than union leaders and committepeople, Democrats will by and large not put up lawn signs whereas Republicans need to show their dominance.

What's worse? Out of the area Dems litering our streets with signs every couple of feet or people putting up signs on their lawn?
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #953 on: March 21, 2005, 11:07:31 PM »

What's worse? Out of the area Dems litering our streets with signs every couple of feet or people putting up signs on their lawn?

It's not just the Dems....Jon Fox must own a forest with all of his signs for his recent state house race (I remember him doing the same thing for his US house races in the 90s).
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #954 on: March 21, 2005, 11:10:56 PM »

It's not just the Dems....Jon Fox must own a forest with all of his signs for his recent state house race (I remember him doing the same thing for his US house races in the 90s).

I know it's not just Dems. RINO City Councilman Jack Kelly here in Philly was the worst with the signs. But back to the Dems for a second Smiley  I remember on Primary day, I was walking home from a polling place I was volunteering at. Torsella's people were out in full force, putting signs everywhere. They weren't going to leave a spot of grass open since it was only about two hours until the polls closed. I'm serious when I say that they were just putting one after another, leaving maybe 2 feet (literally) between them.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #955 on: March 21, 2005, 11:16:34 PM »

Hah, sounds like my County Commisioners.  The Republicans, Kraft and Mead put these ugly blue and yellow signs up all over the borough and their campaign was fined twice for littering. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #956 on: March 21, 2005, 11:19:12 PM »

Hah, sounds like my County Commisioners.  The Republicans, Kraft and Mead put these ugly blue and yellow signs up all over the borough and their campaign was fined twice for littering. 

There was actually a problem in the city at one point. I believe they wanted to ban all signs on the highwway/roadway traffic islands. Now we have a problem with some candidates' signs but banning it was too much. It was fought and we were able to have signs up. However, I do feel there should be littering fines (even though it could become a bit of a headache with the measurements of how far apart each sign in) because it really gets to be too much.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #957 on: March 22, 2005, 07:17:42 PM »

Could someone tell me what area these people live approximately?

Bruce Castor
Allyson Schwartz
Melissa Brown
Mike Fitzpatrick
Joe Hoeffel
Dan O'Brien
Mike Stack
Robert Borski
Jon Fox

Approximately, like south Montco, NE Philly, Southern Bucks, etc
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #958 on: March 22, 2005, 07:25:14 PM »

Bruce Castor
Allyson Schwartz
Melissa Brown
Mike Fitzpatrick
Joe Hoeffel
Dan O'Brien
Mike Stack
Robert Borski
Jon Fox

Castor - Montco (not sure as to the specifics)

Schwartz - really lives outside of PA 13 but has an apartment in Jenkintown (area in Montco)

Brown - Flourtown (Montco)

Fitzpatrick - somewhere in southern Bucks county (forget which town)

Hoeffel - Abington (just outside Philadelphia)

O'Brien - Don't know a Dan O'Brien. Maybe you're talking about Denny O'Brien, my State Rep.?

Stack - rumored that he lives outside the district but has a residence in Somerton (Philly neighborhood)

Borski - a few streets away from me. Torresdale section of Northeast Philly.

Fox - somewhere in Montco.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #959 on: March 22, 2005, 07:28:38 PM »

Ah, didn't know Schwartz carpet bagged.  Hmm
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #960 on: March 22, 2005, 11:22:05 PM »

Bruce Castor
Allyson Schwartz
Melissa Brown
Mike Fitzpatrick
Joe Hoeffel
Dan O'Brien
Mike Stack
Robert Borski
Jon Fox

Castor - Montco (not sure as to the specifics)

Schwartz - really lives outside of PA 13 but has an apartment in Jenkintown (area in Montco)

Brown - Flourtown (Montco)

Fitzpatrick - somewhere in southern Bucks county (forget which town)

Hoeffel - Abington (just outside Philadelphia)

O'Brien - Don't know a Dan O'Brien. Maybe you're talking about Denny O'Brien, my State Rep.?

Stack - rumored that he lives outside the district but has a residence in Somerton (Philly neighborhood)

Borski - a few streets away from me. Torresdale section of Northeast Philly.

Fox - somewhere in Montco.

I think Jon Fox lives in Abington too.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #961 on: March 23, 2005, 02:01:27 AM »

We'll easily get to 1000 by the end of this year.

Being only 26 posts away from the 1000 mark, by the end of this month would be a better estimate.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #962 on: March 23, 2005, 02:16:23 AM »

Fitzpatrick-Middletown Twp.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #963 on: April 02, 2005, 07:57:32 PM »

And this one looks just as good right next to it. Smiley  Alcon, if you can merge these, that would be great!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #964 on: April 02, 2005, 07:58:59 PM »

And this one looks just as good right next to it. Smiley  Alcon, if you can merge these, that would be great!

I don't believe they should be merged. It's just not the same.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #965 on: April 02, 2005, 08:00:45 PM »

Speaking of PA 13....  Smiley

How about the idea of former State Rep. Ellen Bard (ugh) running for the seat again? I would hate to vote for her but she is alittle better than Schwartz.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #966 on: April 03, 2005, 08:57:16 PM »

How about the idea of former State Rep. Ellen Bard (ugh) running for the seat again? I would hate to vote for her but she is alittle better than Schwartz.

I'd like you're input on this, Flyers.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #967 on: April 03, 2005, 09:17:16 PM »

I know little about her.  Dems need seats so I don't think I'll be switching
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #968 on: April 03, 2005, 09:21:01 PM »

I know little about her.  Dems need seats so I don't think I'll be switching

Oh no I didn't suggest that you'd switch (and support Bard). I just wanted your opinion on her chances (I have my own already).
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #969 on: April 05, 2005, 03:14:09 AM »

Just something for Phil to be proud of.  However, were these people ever inaccurate regarding which part of the district voted more for who. Your efforts have not gone unrecognized by Larry Sabato:

Pennsylvania (13) (Open Seat)
Outlook: Leans Democratic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 3, 2004 Update:

As the Crystal Ball predicted, Democrat Allyson Schwartz won, leading Melissa Brown with 56 percent of the vote.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In yet another district where Republican Senator Arlen Specter's seat was the envy of the incumbent, in this case Democrat Joe Hoeffel, the Crystal Ball sees a tough campaign for either candidate. State Senator Allyson Schwartz took 52 percent of the vote in the Democratic two-way primary with Republican doctor Melissa Brown taking just 39 percent in a three-way race. Southeastern and central Montgomery County will provide the muscle Schwartz needs to keep this seat in the Democrats' column, but a well-organized Republican operation in Northeastern Philadelphia could swing the district for Brown. Hoeffel garnered just 51 percent last time around, but Schwartz still has the tiniest of margins to keep this race tilted in her direction.

November 1, 2004 Update:

The Crystal Ball predicts that Democrat Allyson Schwartz will win the Pennsylvania 13th Congressional District race.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #970 on: April 05, 2005, 02:24:42 PM »

but a well-organized Republican operation in Northeastern Philadelphia could swing the district for Brown.

And the campaign blew it.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #971 on: April 06, 2005, 03:20:34 AM »

but a well-organized Republican operation in Northeastern Philadelphia could swing the district for Brown.

I beg to differ on Sabato's analysis.  In Mayfair there is one, but elsewhere I'm not so sure.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #972 on: April 06, 2005, 05:23:01 PM »

I beg to differ on Sabato's analysis.  In Mayfair there is one, but elsewhere I'm not so sure.

We have a strong party in some key wards.

Did you see the NE Times? They mention Taubenberger and Bard as possible candidates and mention an interesting candidate: Montco County Commissioner Jim Matthews, brother of Chris Matthews. His candidacy would make it a pretty good race.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #973 on: April 07, 2005, 02:49:08 AM »

Did you see the NE Times? They mention Taubenberger and Bard as possible candidates and mention an interesting candidate: Montco County Commissioner Jim Matthews, brother of Chris Matthews. His candidacy would make it a pretty good race.

Taubenberger and Bard would have an uphill battle.  I also doubt Jim Matthews will run.  He's not a charismatic as his brother.  In the end I think it will be either McColgan or Taubenberger.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #974 on: April 07, 2005, 02:17:07 PM »

Taubenberger and Bard would have an uphill battle.  I also doubt Jim Matthews will run.  He's not a charismatic as his brother.  In the end I think it will be either McColgan or Taubenberger.

Of course Taubenberger and Bard would have an uphill battle. Matthews will probably be turned to if it's looking like Taubenberger or McColgan the whole time. The Montco GOP will look to him but I'm not sure if he would run.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 68  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies