FL-SEN: Scott Pursuit
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:21:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-SEN: Scott Pursuit
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 21
Author Topic: FL-SEN: Scott Pursuit  (Read 46574 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2018, 08:58:51 AM »

Does Nelson talk about going to space more than John Barrow talks about his grand-daddy stopping a lynching?

Very decent ad though.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2018, 09:02:20 AM »

For people who constantly complain about “whataboutism,” you certainly use it a lot.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #127 on: May 30, 2018, 09:03:29 AM »

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #128 on: May 30, 2018, 03:11:52 PM »

For people who constantly complain about “whataboutism,” you certainly use it a lot.
Right?

And he didn’t make fun of the reporters looks, he made fun of his washy washy attitude. The video made it clear and the voters responded.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #129 on: May 30, 2018, 03:39:43 PM »

You mean when he mocked the disabled reporter? If so, I don't understand why defense of this persists. It's undeniable:

It is not defensible. This is just one of those instances where his supporters are better off conceding he was being an asshole so their credibility doesn't take a hit, as they will need to "interpret" the meaning of more Trump insults in the future, and they need to be credible to do that.

And let's be honest, this kind of insult is classic Trump. Remember, he strikes back 10x as hard. He goes after everything and spares nothing.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2018, 06:12:07 PM »

Right?

And he didn’t make fun of the reporters looks, he made fun of his washy washy attitude. The video made it clear and the voters responded.

I'm always amazed at what lengths people will go to defend Trump. It's ok to admit he made a mistake. Whatever helps you sleep at night guy lol.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #131 on: May 30, 2018, 07:13:44 PM »

Right?

I'm always amazed at what lengths people will go to defend Trump. It's ok to admit he made a mistake. Whatever helps you sleep at night guy lol.

Trump also has insulted Rosie O'Donnell, Alicia Machado, Carly Fiorina, that one accuser of his, and probably many more people I am forgetting about; all based on their looks.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2018, 08:45:48 PM »

Right?

Trump also has insulted Rosie O'Donnell, Alicia Machado, Carly Fiorina, that one accuser of his, and probably many more people I am forgetting about; all based on their looks.
Do you know what whataboutism is?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2018, 08:59:03 PM »

Right?

And I don’t care, because he’s also getting illegal immigrants out, heroin off the street, and saved us from TPP. I couldn’t possibly care less about those examples you gave and so did the rest of the country.
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #134 on: May 30, 2018, 09:29:58 PM »

Right?

And I don’t care, because he’s also getting illegal immigrants out, heroin off the street, and saved us from TPP. I couldn’t possibly care less about those examples you gave and so did the rest of the country.
Backpedaling at maximum speed, I see.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #135 on: May 30, 2018, 09:39:01 PM »

Right?

he isnt getting heroin off the street very much compared to obama, he is planning to jump back into the tpp, and obama was already keeping them out. I think you mean congrats obama!
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2018, 09:59:07 PM »

Right?

Translation: “lol I have no standards of conduct”
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #137 on: May 31, 2018, 09:17:12 AM »

I really don't have to answer for my vote. It speaks for itself as a reactionary act. Don't you have some deportations to haplessly protest or something?
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #138 on: May 31, 2018, 09:23:30 AM »

I really don't have to answer for my vote. It speaks for itself as a reactionary act. Don't you have some deportations to haplessly protest or something?

You don't have to answer for your vote. Defending the guy 100%, especially when he did something inappropriate, is another thing. I think Obama was underwhelming at best for foreign policy and Hillary was a garbage candidate. It's ok to admit that someone you support did something stupid or has flaws. I'd have a lot more respect for people who can admit this (in relation to Trump and the reporter) so we could move on. Deny, deny, deny only makes things worse.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #139 on: May 31, 2018, 09:32:38 AM »

Obama deported more illegals than Trump is, and Trump wants to rejoin the TPP.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #140 on: May 31, 2018, 09:34:42 AM »

You don't have to answer for your vote. Defending the guy 100%, especially when he did something inappropriate, is another thing. I think Obama was underwhelming at best for foreign policy and Hillary was a garbage candidate. It's ok to admit that someone you support did something stupid or has flaws. I'd have a lot more respect for people who can admit this (in relation to Trump and the reporter) so we could move on. Deny, deny, deny only makes things worse.

Exactly! You can (and should!) vote for whoever you want who best represents your interests, Sanchez. If that’s Donald Trump, then that’s Donald Trump.

Just don’t expect any serious engagement from the rest of us when you uncritically cheerlead a moron and admit to “not caring” that his personal behavior is beneath the dignity of the office irregardless of where he aligns with you on policy. Nor is “lol suck it lefties” a convincing defense of conservatism, even the Buchananite kind you’ve been known for years to subscribe to.

Being unable to separate policy agreement from *any* critique of conduct, to the point where you deny things happened and have regurgitated conspiracy theories about “deep state coups” don’t indicate someone who is serious about discussing the issues of the day in a mature fashion.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #141 on: May 31, 2018, 09:36:35 AM »

Let's get back on topic: Florida Senate race. Thank you.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #142 on: June 01, 2018, 09:01:23 AM »
« Edited: June 01, 2018, 09:10:35 AM by ajc0918 »

Scott has been getting a lot of bad press recently, including this piece in Florida's largest newspaper

Rick Scott’s outsider image as Senate candidate clashes with Florida reality

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2018/06/01/rick-scotts-outsider-image-as-senate-candidate-clashes-with-florida-reality/

Another:

Rick Scott: ‘I don’t know what I would do differently’ in Puerto Rico
http://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2018/05/31/rick-scott-i-dont-know-what-i-would-do-differently-in-puerto-rico/
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #143 on: June 01, 2018, 09:19:30 AM »

Scott has been getting a lot of bad press recently, including this piece in Florida's largest newspaper

Rick Scott’s outsider image as Senate candidate clashes with Florida reality

http://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2018/06/01/rick-scotts-outsider-image-as-senate-candidate-clashes-with-florida-reality/

Another:

Rick Scott: ‘I don’t know what I would do differently’ in Puerto Rico
http://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2018/05/31/rick-scott-i-dont-know-what-i-would-do-differently-in-puerto-rico/

That second headline is probably worse, as it clashes with what has otherwise been pretty positive rhetoric on PR by Scott (by GOP standards of course)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #144 on: June 01, 2018, 09:49:30 AM »

[/quote]

Wow. I assume if he were president, he'd go down there and throw a few towels like he's gone hooping or something too, right? But in all seriousness, what a bad response and he should feel bad for it too.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #145 on: July 10, 2018, 02:02:54 PM »

Guys, when are we going to wake up and realize that this is no Connie Mack 2.0?
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #146 on: July 10, 2018, 02:13:31 PM »

Don’t hold your breath.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #147 on: July 10, 2018, 05:35:41 PM »

I don't think anyone thinks Nelson will win by 13 points.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #148 on: July 10, 2018, 05:40:19 PM »

Solid thinks he will win by 20
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #149 on: July 10, 2018, 05:45:21 PM »

Solid thinks he will win by 20

He doesn't count. Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies