CO-SEN Megathread: Cory In The House (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:28:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CO-SEN Megathread: Cory In The House (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: CO-SEN Megathread: Cory In The House  (Read 58582 times)
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 15, 2019, 05:06:16 PM »

In 2014, Gardner won Larimer County and got over 60% in Weld and Douglas Counties. He basically swept the suburbs, and he won by 1.9%. That's not happening again.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 11:29:11 AM »

Mike Johnston is running. I like him, but I ever-so-slightly prefer Crisanta Duran, just because she hasn't already lost a statewide primary.

SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 11:45:41 AM »

This field could be huge, just like the presidential race. But, with all due respect, we don't know yet whether Duran will run.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 01:03:51 PM »

If Schumer wants Perlmutter or Hickenlooper, that really sucks. I want someone more progressive, but Chuck apparently wants a moderate. This is no time for centrism.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 07:13:45 PM »

Hickenlooper isn't running? Thank God. Even though I'm an atheist.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 08:59:03 PM »

Crisanta Duran is unbelievably stupid.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 10:04:04 AM »

Duran is a million leagues above us all, she's achieving the biggest galaxy brain in history right now.

That or she's the dumbest Colorado politician ever.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 08:59:46 PM »

We do need a good candidate against Gardner, but I'm not too worried that Perlmutter is opting out. Or Hickenlooper, for that matter.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 09:48:41 AM »

I disagree. Georgia is fool’s gold, because of the new voting machines that will make it absolutely impossible for any Democrat to win there.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2019, 07:29:16 PM »

Gardner's getting a lot of dark money support, and he hasn't moderated his voting record at all even though it might appear like it would be politically smart to do so.

He's either given up completely or knows something we don't. My guess is he wins by a small amount, not more than a point or two.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 08:34:03 AM »

So Dan Baer, a former diplomat, has declared, as well as John Walsh. This is going to be a very interesting primary.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2019, 03:54:10 PM »

Just a quick update on the CO field situation:

-No other Major Democrats have indicated that they may run in the CO-Senate race.

-Neguse is now the only House Democrat to not file for reelection in the first quarter, indicating a possible interest in running for the senate.
https://decisiondeskhq.com/interactive-see-which-house-incumbents-have-or-havent-already-filed-for-re-election-in-2020/

-Mike Johnston, the Progressive in the race currently, has raised the most amount of money in the race so far, at a whopping $1.8 million in quarter 1.
https://www.coloradopolitics.com/news/democrat-mike-johnston-raises-record-m-in-st-quarter-for/article_04c0df06-550b-11e9-be7c-933649f916d6.html

FTR Johnston is not widely viewed as a progressive in the state.

Why isn't he seen as a progressive?
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2019, 01:00:35 PM »

Senator Joe Donnelly agrees that a contested primary on the opposite side substantially boosts your reelection chances.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2019, 10:21:22 AM »

The Democrats would be foolish to take this seat for granted.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2019, 12:20:28 PM »

Honestly, I don't want Hickenlooper to run. I'd rather have a more progressive Democrat replace Gardner.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2019, 08:26:55 PM »

I'm not keen on Hickenlooper. This is one state where Democrats can afford to choose a left-leaning candidate, instead of a moderate hero that will act as a collaborator in passing abhorrent policies under McConnell's leadership. Unfortunately, Hickenlooper could turn out to be the favorite should he run (although I'm not ruling out the possibility that his presidential run would damage him among segments of the Democratic base).

I couldn't agree with you more.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2019, 06:49:35 PM »

Please don't run for Senate, Hick. Please don't run for Senate.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2019, 07:35:06 PM »

Please don't run for Senate, Hick. Please don't run for Senate.
why not? He is a bit moderate for my tastes, but on the other hand, he would clean up in a general, more so than the others running as of now. Remember that he won by 4 as Gardner won by 2.

Yes, but if we get a trifecta we need to pass a Green New Deal to save the planet. Do you think Hickenlooper would support that? For goodness' sake, he thinks McConnell can be negotiated with.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2019, 01:26:45 PM »

I seriously think Hickenlooper might be one of the few Democrats who could lose the race. It's very clear that he doesn't want to be a Senator, and he may not be exciting enough for the base to turn out for him. Gardner will attack him aggressively for running for President and not caring about Colorado. It just might work.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2019, 05:28:40 PM »

I seriously think Hickenlooper might be one of the few Democrats who could lose the race. It's very clear that he doesn't want to be a Senator, and he may not be exciting enough for the base to turn out for him. Gardner will attack him aggressively for running for President and not caring about Colorado. It just might work.

Only on this forum would a take like this be posted unironically

Ikr, at least be objective about predictions and keep it away from politics, it's one of the most irritating things about the whole election scene for me when people bleed the two into the same pool.

Uh, weren't you concern trolling about various congressional races earlier this year? (Hardy being objective with your predictions)

Bruh no, my guess in the house is 219-216 dem rn.

I am not concern trolling, I'm saying what I genuinely think will happen.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2019, 06:44:26 PM »

I don't think Hickenlooper really wants to be a senator. He will be elected but it won't surprise me if he retires after one term like Mike Johanns.

Which is why I hope he doesn't run for Senate. Gardner will use that as an attack against him.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2019, 06:08:58 AM »

Congratulations Senator Hickenlooper, may you be further left than what you campaign on!
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2020, 06:18:14 PM »

So is Hickenlooper's nomination now in doubt given that it's now a one on one? Or is he still going to effortlessly cruise?

Hickenlooper will easily defeat Andrew Romanoff and Cory Gardner.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2020, 03:44:12 PM »

Crap do I have to support romanoff now

I can't tell you who to support, but I think you should support Romanoff. Hickenlooper would put what should be a free seat for Democrats at risk.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2020, 04:27:25 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies