SENATE BILL: Pacific Emergency Stimulus (Law'd)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:19:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Pacific Emergency Stimulus (Law'd)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Pacific Emergency Stimulus (Law'd)  (Read 6444 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2014, 09:03:52 PM »

Based on what my advisors have told me, the Pacific doesn't have a functioning constitution and has failed to adopt one months after their fourth one was completed. I think they need to adopt it, so we need to tie their adopting it to the stimulus funds. It is the best way to get it passed quickly. I don't feel comfortable handing them $50 billion without the region formally adopting its constitution.

Ok.  What is the Great Reform Amendment?

My concern here is that the Senate not dictate the specifics of the Pacific Constitution so long as it is a functioning one.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2014, 09:09:53 PM »

Based on what my advisors have told me, the Pacific doesn't have a functioning constitution and has failed to adopt one months after their fourth one was completed. I think they need to adopt it, so we need to tie their adopting it to the stimulus funds. It is the best way to get it passed quickly. I don't feel comfortable handing them $50 billion without the region formally adopting its constitution.

Ok.  What is the Great Reform Amendment?

My concern here is that the Senate not dictate the specifics of the Pacific Constitution so long as it is a functioning one.
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=180855.0

and

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=185197.0
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2014, 10:07:35 PM »

For the record, the Fourth Constitution is the one that facilitated Rimjob.

We need to make this contingent on the Sixth Constitution. I'll introduce an amendment after the 24 hour period for this one.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2014, 11:08:42 AM »

For the record, the Fourth Constitution is the one that facilitated Rimjob.

We need to make this contingent on the Sixth Constitution. I'll introduce an amendment after the 24 hour period for this one.

Since the passage of the original Fourth Constitution was ruled invalid I've been calling the Great Reform Amendment the Fourth but to avoid confusion this may be best.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2014, 02:04:24 PM »

We can amend it if it is the sixth constitution then.

And shua, I am not trying to dictate what is in the Pacific constitution. That is not my concern nor my job.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2014, 02:29:51 PM »

Yes, the Constitution under debate (which is currently active and the law of the land, but needs to be confirmed and tweaked to be passed properly) has been improved by the sterling work of the Council and regional authorities. No-one's interested in defining what's in the Constitution, just that the region has one that works.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #131 on: January 12, 2014, 06:13:46 PM »

Would anyone else be in favor of getting rid of the committee and putting this in the hands of one person, with oversight from the Senate? Committees tend to be useless bureaucracies in Atlasia that are usually incapable of getting any actual work completed.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #132 on: January 12, 2014, 06:15:12 PM »

Would anyone else be in favor of getting rid of the committee and putting this in the hands of one person, with oversight from the Senate? Committees tend to be useless bureaucracies in Atlasia that are usually incapable of getting any actual work completed.

That was my original intention with Oakvale, but I feared the Senate would not like me giving power to one man. Committees are always inefficient and useless and if given the choice, I would never use them.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #133 on: January 12, 2014, 06:18:31 PM »

I wouldn't be opposed to more control - maybe a two-man committee of PJ and Oakvale?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #134 on: January 12, 2014, 06:21:33 PM »

Yankee, could we get an updated version of the bill? I'm not entirely sure where the text stands now.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #135 on: January 12, 2014, 06:23:21 PM »

I wouldn't be opposed to more control - maybe a two-man committee of PJ and Oakvale?

Since I edited the constitution and have been active, could I have a seat to make three instead of two?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #136 on: January 12, 2014, 09:21:14 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2014, 09:28:56 PM by Pac. Speaker DemPGH »

I would like, just for the record, to remind you all of the Regional Legislative and Constitutional Amendment Authority Act of 2013 , and that I am an elected official of the Pacific Region.

The initiative process is the default method to protect the democratic process if the regional legislature invests its authority in the Senate, which to my knowledge it has not done.

Further, IV.1.iv of the Atlasian Constitution says,

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #137 on: January 12, 2014, 09:50:21 PM »

We are NOT forcing you to do anything suggested in this bill, but we will not give you all a dime if you do not follow any of the suggestions my administration and the senate are suggesting.

I am interested in turning the region around. It has been in the crapper for far too long and has hurt our economy, and that doesn't sit well with me. I want you all to be healthy and happy. You are free to pull back and refuse these suggestions, just understand we will not just give you all $85 billion of taxpayer money with no strings attached.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #138 on: January 12, 2014, 10:33:52 PM »

We are NOT forcing you to do anything suggested in this bill, but we will not give you all a dime if you do not follow any of the suggestions my administration and the senate are suggesting.

I am interested in turning the region around. It has been in the crapper for far too long and has hurt our economy, and that doesn't sit well with me. I want you all to be healthy and happy. You are free to pull back and refuse these suggestions, just understand we will not just give you all $85 billion of taxpayer money with no strings attached.

That's all reasonable; what I'm saying is that if I'm included in the conversations or committees or whatever, there's a much better chance I'll sign off on it so we save all that time. What I'm reading here is that there's a desire to give it to one person and then we all sign off on it. But IDK what's going on because the communication here has not been stellar. And all of this very sudden as though you've just realized we're having problems.

I want to see the region healthy and happy too - it's why I went there.

And we have a Constitution! The Third Pacific Constitution. Who told you we didn't have one? We do. It's not ideal, but we have one.

WHAT WE HAVE HERETOFORE NOT HAD IS A COUNCIL! A special envoy from your admin to fill out our council about 3 weeks ago would have fixed this, in all likelihood.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #139 on: January 12, 2014, 11:27:01 PM »

Hm, well ok, let's consolidate what we need to amend. We're going to put Oakvale and maybe PJ and maybe DemPGH on the decision team? Can we decide on the specifics of that?

After that, we can probably change up the way by which we manage the committee.

We need to clarify that we want them to pass the 6th constitution.

We need to include the process by which we approve of Oakvale's appointment.

Anything else?
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #140 on: January 13, 2014, 12:46:32 AM »

Hm, well ok, let's consolidate what we need to amend. We're going to put Oakvale and maybe PJ and maybe DemPGH on the decision team? Can we decide on the specifics of that?

After that, we can probably change up the way by which we manage the committee.

We need to clarify that we want them to pass the 6th constitution.

We need to include the process by which we approve of Oakvale's appointment.

Anything else?
You will need to refer to it as a constitutional amendment legislatively, unless BK or Oakvale can do their magic and declare it a new constitution. I do want to be on the committee FTR, and I think DemPGH should be included as well. 3 people simplifies it at least.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #141 on: January 13, 2014, 12:54:28 AM »

If we have to keep the committee, the lesser people on it, the better. This is why I didn't try to destroy it earlier. I figured I would have to make a committee Tongue

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2014, 10:09:02 AM »

I'd ideally like the committee to be just two people, one from the regional government and one as liason from the federal government. I'd be more than happy to work with either DemPGH or PJ.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2014, 04:03:29 PM »

I am fine with a 2-3 person committee if that's what you all want. I won't veto this bill over something as mundane as that.

What do I need to put in my amendment regarding Oakvale's appointment? Does the Senate need to specify in the bill that they approve of his appointment or does BK's acceptance/my special appointment suffice absent Senate approval?
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2014, 05:54:05 PM »

I am fine with a 2-3 person committee if that's what you all want. I won't veto this bill over something as mundane as that.

What do I need to put in my amendment regarding Oakvale's appointment? Does the Senate need to specify in the bill that they approve of his appointment or does BK's acceptance/my special appointment suffice absent Senate approval?
You can recognize the appointment if you want to, but the regional government has already recognized the appointment via BK, so I'm not sure if it's necessary.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: January 13, 2014, 05:58:32 PM »

I'd prefer recognition of the appointment in the language of the bill personally to avoid any legal technicalities emerging.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #146 on: January 13, 2014, 07:11:47 PM »
« Edited: January 13, 2014, 07:37:54 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Amendment 59:10 by Tyrion appears to have been adopted with no objections having been entered.

Quote from: Restricted
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #147 on: January 13, 2014, 11:10:50 PM »

Tally, should we amend that to specify who the Managing Director is? Something like stating he/she is appointed by the President and accepted by the region? Just in case Oakvale disappears, so it will be easier for me to appoint someone else? I know I am being overly cautious here but I think we may as well clarify in the text.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #148 on: January 13, 2014, 11:37:33 PM »

Tally, should we amend that to specify who the Managing Director is? Something like stating he/she is appointed by the President and accepted by the region? Just in case Oakvale disappears, so it will be easier for me to appoint someone else? I know I am being overly cautious here but I think we may as well clarify in the text.

I accidentally deleted my first post, so apologies for that, but would this cover that issue?

^My proposed amendment.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #149 on: January 13, 2014, 11:40:11 PM »

Yeah, that should be sufficient. Mind you, I have no plans to replace Oakvale, but in case something terrible happens to him, we have our bases covered. Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies