Dept. of Fed. Elections
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:30:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Dept. of Fed. Elections
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Author Topic: Dept. of Fed. Elections  (Read 26849 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2011, 07:57:35 AM »

My apologies for the confusion last night about the minimum posting requirement. I really don't remember it...but 25 is indeed the minimum.

At any rate, as predicted, it doesn't have any effect on any outcomes Smiley
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2011, 08:11:38 AM »

And the other votes that were discounted last night already are:

Ogre Mage (less than 15 posts)
GPORTER (less than 15 posts)

And of course a couple of invalid votes were cast (For President and Senate)....and not counted, but that's not quite the same thing.

At any rate....good election everyone Smiley
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2011, 08:18:04 AM »

OK, I've caught 3 voters that need to be disqualified because of the 25 minimum. ECR, Barnes and Jedi.

Also Italian-Boy.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2011, 08:45:30 AM »

OK, I've caught 3 voters that need to be disqualified because of the 25 minimum. ECR, Barnes and Jedi.

Also Italian-Boy.

Don't know where you got that idea, but italianboy is clearly eligible.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2011, 02:08:19 PM »

Oh, really. Sad Booo inactivity.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2011, 07:04:19 PM »

I don't know if this has occurred to anyone yet: we now will need to hold a special election to replace Dallasfan in the Senate.

...the Northeast Senate? You mean I could run again?! Cheesy Oh goodie, I just love campaigning Cheesy

Its for one of the At-Large seats. Such a special election is extremely difficult as you would basically have do the same thing that tmth just did only for a Senate seat instead of the presidency.

I'm up for it!

You might want to take a look at the October results first... (and this was prior to my being universally hated...)

That was October, now is now. I'm going to campaign rigorously, I'm too determined to give up now.

The JCP has decided who has won all such special elections since late 2008. Look at all of tmth's voters, and ask yourself whether or not you can win all of them, including your best new friend RowanBrandon. Tongue Because if you can't, it will be a massacre. Evil

I appreciate your enthusiasm, it is what keeps this game alive. However the spending of such enthusiasm on such pointless endeavours may lead to a decline of such enthusiasm.

Its your decision. Tongue
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2011, 07:07:26 PM »

Yeah, after waking up from my hangover, I decided against it Tongue I already applied for SoIA in Tmth's administration and I'm also going to stick to the assembly deal Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2011, 07:08:45 PM »

Well its not like you having your vote disqualified is anything new. Tongue

Of course the real travesty is that losing ECR dropped me back to 87% which is such an ugly percentage to look at it, 88% or 86% are far more appealing. Evil
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2011, 07:12:18 PM »

Of course the real travesty is that losing ECR dropped me back to 87% which is such an ugly percentage to look at it, 88% or 86% are far more appealing. Evil

What a lousy result. I got 100% Evil
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2011, 07:14:49 PM »

What a lousy result. I got 100% Evil

Your victory speech was perfect, by the way, Kal.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2011, 07:23:10 PM »

I don't know if this has occurred to anyone yet: we now will need to hold a special election to replace Dallasfan in the Senate.

...the Northeast Senate? You mean I could run again?! Cheesy Oh goodie, I just love campaigning Cheesy

Its for one of the At-Large seats. Such a special election is extremely difficult as you would basically have do the same thing that tmth just did only for a Senate seat instead of the presidency.

I'm up for it!

You might want to take a look at the October results first... (and this was prior to my being universally hated...)

That was October, now is now. I'm going to campaign rigorously, I'm too determined to give up now.

The JCP has decided who has won all such special elections since late 2008. Look at all of tmth's voters, and ask yourself whether or not you can win all of them, including your best new friend RowanBrandon. Tongue Because if you can't, it will be a massacre. Evil

I appreciate your enthusiasm, it is what keeps this game alive. However the spending of such enthusiasm on such pointless endeavours may lead to a decline of such enthusiasm.

I don't think you should be discouraging people from running.  In the current political climate here, anything is possible.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2011, 07:36:40 PM »

I'm up for it!

I don't think you should be discouraging people from running.  In the current political climate here, anything is possible.

That's a bit far-fetched. Tmth won by a fairly narrow margin, despite being a highly charismatic & experienced candidate with many allies across the aisle facing a bitterly divided left-wing. It doesn't change the fact that in an even election the left will win by ~15 votes.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2011, 07:43:37 PM »

...the Northeast Senate?

Nah. That was once upon a time. Tongue
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2011, 08:57:06 PM »

Doesn't the POP chairman pick a replacement for Dallasfan? Or did we change the law again?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2011, 08:59:40 PM »

Doesn't the POP chairman pick a replacement for Dallasfan? Or did we change the law again?

That is only if there are six weeks or less left of the term.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2011, 12:43:37 AM »

I'm up for it!

Who the hell is discouraging anyone from running? Its his choice whether to run our not, but I am sick of seeing people mislead into the guantlet with stupid cliches like the one you ended that post with. If someone is to run I would think it an obligation not to sugar coat the reality of the situation, so as to reduce the potential for disappointment and by extention, disinterest in the game.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2011, 01:51:57 PM »

Geez, calm down dude.  Tongue

I do think anything is possible in this special senate election, at least insofar as which party the winner will belong to.  This may have been a slam-dunk for the JCP in the past, but I don't think that is true anymore.  The right wing will have to run somebody, right?  Sorry if you don't like my stupid cliches.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2011, 01:59:37 PM »

I do think anything is possible in this special senate election, at least insofar as which party the winner will belong to.  This may have been a slam-dunk for the JCP in the past, but I don't think that is true anymore.  The right wing will have to run somebody, right?  Sorry if you don't like my stupid cliches.

Why would we have to run anybody? We've discussed not running people at various junctures in the past, but that never transpired since there's always somebody eager to lose.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2011, 11:13:31 PM »

I would say its a strong likelihood considering. Of course, however, anything is possible. Tongue
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2011, 09:50:27 PM »

ATTENTION: A special election will be held to replace Bacon King in the Senate. 4 days notice for the coming weekend would be insufficient, IMO, so the election will be held the weekend after next. Dallasfan will become Vice President before that time, so the special election will be for 2 at-large seats in the Senate simultaneously.

Voting will commence at 17:00 (5pm), on Thursday, March 10.
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2011, 09:56:14 PM »

So are there 2 separate elections or is it everyone running on the same ballot and the top 2 people get the seats?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2011, 09:58:28 PM »

So are there 2 separate elections or is it everyone running on the same ballot and the top 2 people get the seats?

It's one ballot for both candidates. A normal STV election like the mid-terms, except we're filling 2 seats instead of 5.

(And it could possibly go to 3 if Lief is confirmed quickly enough next week.)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2011, 09:41:27 AM »

People have slightly over 3 days to declare their candidacy for the upcoming special election.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2011, 10:14:33 AM »

Am I correct in thinking there are two open seats and three people running for them?
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2011, 10:25:52 AM »

Am I correct in thinking there are two open seats and three people running for them?

Candidates (as of right now):

Jasengle
Sewer
Texasgurl
Shua
Oakvale
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies