Public Office of Frémont FM Scott [Resignation Statement]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:07:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Office of Frémont FM Scott [Resignation Statement]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Author Topic: Public Office of Frémont FM Scott [Resignation Statement]  (Read 11151 times)
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 29, 2018, 10:57:34 PM »
« edited: October 28, 2019, 05:49:01 PM by FM Scott🦋 »

MP Scott announces candidacy at his ranch in Jackson, WY

My friends,

When I first moved to Fremont in February of last year, our region was in dire straights.  Our First Minister at the time had gone MIA, and Parliamentary business came to a halt, which then ensued in a snap election and a brand new active government under the leadership of our current FM YE.

Over the past year, great progress has been made.  We've established a public bank.  We expanded high-speed rail.  We've provided more funding for farms, parks, and urban areas.  We've fought human trafficking and fought for the rights of victims.  And that was only in July.

But now we must look forward.  Wyoming, much like the rest of Fremont, is a place with humble beginnings but a strong, undying spirit.  We are a place where everyone is welcome, no matter their race, their gender, their sexual orientation, or their creed.  (They don't call us the Equality State for nothing!)  It is a place where forward-thinking people prosper and a love for individual liberty is shared by all.  And today, it is where our campaign begins.

Most people, I realize, prefer short and sweet campaign speeches as opposed to long-winded ones, so I'll keep my remarks as brief as possible.  In terms of experience, I have been involved with Atlasian politics for many years, starting out as an Assemblyman for the former Northeast Region in June of 2011, later being elected its senator, and then governor for two terms.  I was also a legislator in the former IDS for a brief period, and then went on to serve as its Emperor.

After a long hiatus, I returned to the game and served as Lincoln's senator for four terms, before settling here in Fremont, which at the time I believed needed fresh energy and reform.

And there is still much work to be done.  As part of this announcement, I will outline three of my top priorities.

First and foremost, the top priority for our next government must be the budget.  It is imperative that the region passes an annual budget by next session, especially with our last fiscal year having ended months ago.  Working with Parliament and the new GM on this task will be my first priority as First Minister.

My next priority is to eliminate cash bail, as California has recently done.  Under the current system, those who are awaiting trial and are wealthy may buy their freedom, while those who are poor and cannot afford bail are forced to sit in jail.  My bill, which may be read here, replaces the current bail system with a three-tier scoring system that evaluates the accused on the charges made against them, regardless of their ability to afford bail.  These reforms are essential to making our justice system fairer and work for all people.

My third priority, which I intend to further research and pursue once our current budget crisis is solved, is the creation of the nation's first-ever "cradle to career" savings plan, to take direct aim at the growing inequality and poverty ravaging Fremont.  Poverty comes at a high cost to individuals, families, communities, states, and to the region as a whole.

The new program will create an account for children of working poor families at birth and seed an initial investment that must be used for post-secondary education expenses.  We are also going to amend the tax code by offering families $4,000 tax deductions for college savings.

A new initiative would also work with schools and nonprofit companies and seek private funding to promote financial literacy among Fremonters.

In addition to those proposals, these will be my guiding principles as your First Minister:

The right to drink clean water and breathe clean air.
The right to quality healthcare.
The right not to be discriminated against because of who you are or who you love.
 On day one of my administration, I will sign an executive order prohibiting state agencies from discriminating on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, disability, or age.
The right for all law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms for sport and self-defense.
The protection of our public lands.
Protecting women's healthcare, including the right to choose.

I believe in this great Commonwealth of ours, from the Golden Coast out west to the farms and prairies in our nation's breadbasket.  Rural or urban, rich or poor, young or old, we are all Fremonters.  This campaign is not about one individual, it is about all of us.  And I'd like to ask you to join with us - volunteer, donate, or just pass the word on to a friend.

Thank you.  Dave bless Atlasia, and Dave bless this great Commonwealth!

Endorsements
Parliament candidate JacksonHitchcock
Speaker Jimmy7812
Secretary of State Lumine von Reuental
Former Deputy GM Encke
First Minister YE
Lincoln Deputy Speaker Peanut
Former MP AustralianSwingVoter
Senator Sestak
Secretary of Internal Affairs Ninja0428
Parliament Speaker ON Progressive
Fmr. Game Moderator Harry S Truman
Fmr. Senator Siren
Parliament candidate RFA09
Rep. Razze
Former MP and Parliament candidate Galaxie

1 PBS News interviews Mark Udall
YouTube
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 10:58:53 PM »

Endorsed
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 11:00:06 PM »

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 11:00:23 PM »

Just the man the Commonwealth needs. Endorsed, Scott, and the best of luck!
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 11:00:24 PM »

Endorsed!
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 11:00:40 PM »

Endorsed!!!
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 11:02:44 PM »

Endorsed.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 11:17:05 PM »

Proudly Endorsed. You'll make a fantastic First Minister.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2018, 11:20:45 PM »

Thank you all for the support!

Additionally, I would like to use this opportunity to formally endorse Senator Sestak and First Minister YE for President and Vice President in February.  I have had the privilege of knowing both of them very well throughout their service in Fremont, and I am confident that they will usher in the kind of leadership and activity that Nyman sorely needs.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2018, 11:23:02 PM »

Thanks, and endorsed, of course.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2018, 11:32:46 PM »

Endorsed
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2018, 11:42:21 PM »

Endorsed!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2018, 01:24:11 AM »

ENDORSED!

I've had the privilege to work with Scott in a variety of settings since his return to active politics now nearly three years ago, and have been consistently impressed by his commitment, versatility, and sense of fairness. There is no better individual to continue the work begun by myself and YE in our respective ministries, and no-one who more embodies the spirit of this commonwealth. I've cast difficult votes in my time here. This won't be one of them.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2018, 01:28:23 AM »

Scott writes good bills which is rare in Atlasia.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2018, 11:32:04 PM »

It was my honor to serve together with Scott in the Senate. He's one of the nicest, most committed, and intelligent people around these parts. And more importantly he's my friend. It don't get much better than that!

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2018, 02:50:54 AM »

It was my honor to serve together with Scott in the Senate. He's one of the nicest, most committed, and intelligent people around these parts. And more importantly he's my friend. It don't get much better than that!

Thanks, co-mod! Cheesy

Out of appreciation for Siren and Mr. R's kind remarks, I will be including free hugs and 'butt stuff' as part of my economic revitalization plan.
Very Legal & Very Cool
RFA09

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2018, 02:53:44 AM »

You have my support. Good luck.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2018, 12:34:42 PM »

Super duper endorsed.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2018, 06:38:58 PM »

Statement on the conclusion of the North Korean Civil War

Earlier today it was announced that the year-long war in East Asia has finally come to an end.  Today marks a great day for international peace, but also for the thousands of Atlasian service members who will soon be returning home to be reunited with their families for the new year.

With our military objectives having been fulfilled, our mission now is to ensure that our returning service members are treated with due recompense for the sacrifices that they and their loved ones made, as well as to honor the sacrifice of those who will not return.  It is imperative that we as a nation, and a Commonwealth, not fail on our commitment to our men and women in uniform.  President Franklin Roosevelt famously described war as young men dying and old men talking.  Now is the time for action, to see that not a single veteran in our country goes without adequate shelter or healthcare.  As elected officials, that obligation falls on all of us, from the federal government on down.
Galaxie

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2018, 10:29:40 PM »

Über-endorsed
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2019, 08:20:24 PM »

This week I had the pleasure of being interviewed by thumb21, where we discussed an array of issues affecting Fremont and the nation.  I also unveiled my newest proposal to reform licensing laws in the region, which in many states punish our poorest citizens as well as those with low-skilled jobs.  You may read the interview here.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2019, 01:32:44 PM »

Polls are open!  Get out and make your voice heard and vote for candidates who will be active and diligent during these next few months.  We've accomplished many great things under the YE Ministry and we're going to continue that legacy under a new administration.
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2019, 12:17:15 AM »
« Edited: January 19, 2019, 12:23:40 AM by matthew27 »

Endorsed. You' were a great speaker in the commons of Fremont and I really liked you.

AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2019, 12:50:01 AM »

Felicitations on your triumph!
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2019, 12:52:35 AM »

Congratulations on your victory! Can’t wait to work together this upcoming Parliament.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies