Papal Conclave - 2007 The Vatican - Habemus Papam... Leo XIV!!! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:29:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Papal Conclave - 2007 The Vatican - Habemus Papam... Leo XIV!!! (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Papal Conclave - 2007 The Vatican - Habemus Papam... Leo XIV!!!  (Read 42029 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2007, 11:25:55 PM »

*Shot of smoke rising.  It's black*

Reporter: And we see smoke rising.  Black smoke.  That means that the College of Cardinals has once again failed to come to an agreement on who will be the next Pope.  We are joined again by Richard McBrien for his take on these events.  Mr. McBrien, thanks for joining us again.

McBrien:  Thank you for having me again.

Reporter:  How are we to look at these events?

McBrien:  Well, first off, I would like to note that the very quick Conclaves that have elected the last 6 Popes are the exception, not the rule.  Usually, there was some odd, pressing circumstance, or long lead up that allowed for the Cardinals to unite quickly.  With Pius XII, it was the threat of war and facsism.  With John Paul II they were simply stunned and wanted to elect someone young and vigorous who would respond to the communist threat.  In 2005, the pro-Ratzinger forces were simply the best organized.  If this Conclave lasted another few days, it wouldn't be at all odd in terms of historical perspective and I think the added wieght of many pressing question about the future of the Church, and not just one or two issues, is probably contributing to the lack of a decision.

Reporter:  In your opinion, what is going on in there right now?

McBrien:  Well, I would expect that, mainly, the front runners are emerging.  I can't tell you who they might be now.  In my studies though, I have seen, time and again, based off of what accounts we can get about Conclaves, is that circumstances can change rapidly.  Candidates can rise and fall  and rise again very quickly.  Whatever is going on in there, I'm sure it is exciting. 

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2007, 11:28:32 PM »
« Edited: June 04, 2007, 01:05:39 AM by Pierre Cardinal LaCroix »

The Results of the 3rd Ballot are as follows

Cheng - 13 (Cheng, Shah, Wildauer, Sherer, Ramos, Schuler, Alexandre, Balla, Garcia, Zambrano, Pinera, de Arroyo, Tyler)

Lumbayo - 12 (Adofo, Santiago, Reyes, Lopez, Ramirez, de Lugo, Rias, Kobe, Sauda, Chike, Zari, Michiba)

Cruijff - 11 (Cruijff, McCannon, Romano, Bertone, Rudo, O'Hara, Montini, Soto, Boulanger, Braschi, Sanchez)

Antonelli - 10 (Antonelli, Sepe, Rezzonico, Lambertini, Altieri, Errigo, Caprelli, Gardocki, Latello, Legrand)

Hume - 9 (Hume, Yates, Bassman, Cruz, Fitzgibbon, Gabler, Stojeck, M'Fuma, Lynch)

Jergovic - 9 (Jergovic, Szklar, Ganganelli, Schontag, Howard, Papp, Timochenko, Mineric, Adamkus)

von Frick - 8 (Hernandez, Huber, Robidzer, Herrera, Pascal, Purnomo, Ho, Kulop)

Ribeiro - 6 (von Frick, Tagola, Diaz, de Silva, Alves, Majboo)

Miller - 3 (Miller, MacMillian, Kelley)

Singh - 1 (Gayan)

de Andrade - 1 (Medina)

Santiago - 1 (Lumbayo)

de Palma - 1 (de Palma)

The Results of the 2nd Ballot are as follows

Hume - 11 (Hume, Yates, Hernandez, Bassman, Schontag, Cruz, Pascal, Howard, Fitzgibbon, Stojeck, Lynch)

Ribeiro - 10 (von Frick, Romano, Tagola, Huber, Reyes, Diaz, Herrera, da Silva, Alves, Garcia)

Cheng - 9 (Cheng, Sepe, Shah, Wildauer, Ramos, Alexandre, Zambrano, Pinera, Tyler)

Lumbayo - 8 (Adofo, de Lugo, Kobe, Rudo, Sauda, Chike, Zari, Michiba)

Jergovic - 7 (Jergovic, Szklar, Ganganelli, Papp, Timochenko, Mineric, Adamkus)

Cruijff - 7 (Cruijff, McCannon, Bertone, O'Hara, Montini, Braschi, Sanchez)

Antonelli - 7 (Antonelli, Vallencant, Rezzonico, Lambertini, Altieri, Errigo, Caprelli)

Singh - 5 (de Palma, Singh, Gayan, Ho, Kulop)

de Andrade - 4 (Medina, Soto, Lopez, Ramirez)

Miller - 4 (Miller, MacMillian, Kelley, Latello)

Meier - 3 (Scherer, Schuler, Balla)

von Frick - 2 (Robidzer, Purnomo)

Yates - 2 (de Andrade, M'Fuma)

Santiago - 1 (Lumbayo)

Vallencant - 2 (Boulanger, Legrand)

de Palma - 2 (Santiago, Rias)

Ramos - 1 (de Arroyo)

Bassman - 1 (Gabler)

Szklar - 1 (Gardocki)

Tagola - 1 (Majboo)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(note:  I'm going to use this method of tabulating votes from now on.  The old one was needlessly complicated)

And the results of this vote are, once again, inconclusive.  I again ask each of you to pray and talk amounst yourselves.  I imagine there will be much to discuss tonight.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2007, 12:21:12 AM »
« Edited: June 04, 2007, 12:57:31 AM by Pierre Cardinal LaCroix »

*Later that evening, a conversation takes place in one of the chamber rooms with all Italian Cardinals except Antonelli present, loud enough to be heard in the hallway*

Rezzonico:  What are you doing Bertone!?

Bertone:  Why whatever do you mean, brother Cardinal?

Rezzonico:  We had a plan.  The plan was to stand behind Antonelli.  When I contected you, you agreed that you would support him.

Bertone:  Excuse me, but I did no such thing.

Rezzonico:  I asked you....

Bertone:  You asked me if I had any objections to Antonelli.  I said, I did not, and I don't.  Should he be elected, I will welcome him as the Bishop of Rome.  He is not, however, my first choice.

Rezzonico:  You have a deceitful mind Bertone.

Bertone:  As deceitful as you asking the other Cardinals if they object to a man when what you are really asking is if they support him?

Rezzonico:  You know that I can't....

Bertone:  Ah, yes, I know, brother Cardinal.  Cannon Law forbids us from explicitly instructing or influencing other Cardinals before the start the Conclave.  I am glad that you have been clever enough to find away around it.  Let us speak now of deceit.

*Long silence*

Errigo:  Brother Bertone, if I may, don't you think that the Bishop of Rome should be held by a Roman again?

Bertone:  Antonelli is not a Roman.

Alteri:  You know what he means.

Bertone:  No, I am affraid I do not.  I am dishearted to find that, in this modern era of glabalism, so many of my fellow servants of God still wish to hold to narrow definitions provided by nationalist sentiment.

Lambertini:  Are you accusing us of....

Bertone:  I accuse you of nothing.  Simply an observation.  Where a man was born should matter.  The papacy belongs to all Christians... indeed, all the world.  If we truely believe this man to be the successor of Peter, who, by the way was also not an Italian, how can we think anything different.  Besides, Cardinal Cruijff has servved here in Rome his entire priesthood.  He knows the city, the people and their customs.

If you are affraid that he might neglect his duties to the Vatican or to Rome, then be not affraid, for he has plenty of expirience minding the needs of city.  Need I remind you who seal is behind you now, Brother Lambertini.  That seal, and the seal being mint on all our coins is the seal of our good Brother Johannes.

Twice, he has managed the affairs of this diocese in the absence of a Pope.  More than twice if you consider all the years he spent filling in for Holy Fathers while they traveled the world.  For all intents and purposes, he is the Pope, all I am saying is that we make it official.

Rezzonico:  First of all, you come dangerously close to heresy, Bertone.  Secondly, that is not the seal of Cruijff, that is the seal of the office he just so happens to serve at the moment.  As we are all serving.

Bertone:  Its Prefect Bertone.  I think you should remember that.  And I have worked with Camerlengo Cruijff for many years.  I support him because I know he is a good man.  We need good men.  If there is one thing that my time serving has taught me, it is that inspite all the pretenses we make about Bishops and the Holy Spirit, the office is far less important than the man.

Rezzonico:  I understand this.

Bertone:  Do you?  It seems to me that you covet the office far more than you care about who serves there.

Rezzonico:  That's not true.  Antonelli is a good man.  We all think that.

Bertone:  You know, I do believe you when you say that.  I simply wish that you would take that as your primary consideration and not as a secondary convienence.

Rezzonico:  And what say you Montini?  I could not help but to laugh when the papers identified you as a leader of us Italian Cardinals.  It is obvious to anyone who knows you who holds your leash.

*Montini remains quiet*

Prefect, this is a meeting of Italian Cardinals.  I invited you here as a courtesy...

Bertone:  I can tell as much with how courtious you have been to me thus far.

Rezzonico: ... however, you obviously don't belong.

Bertone:  I shall take my leave then.  Have a good evening brothers.  I will pray for you.

*Those standing outside see Bertone leave the room.  He briefly turns to them and an almost  imperceptible smile can be seen on his face*

(Note: I did not specify who heard this conversation, so I assume that each of you were either there, or heard about it second hand)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2007, 12:39:35 AM »

*Bertone stands up at the Conclave the next morning*

Bertone:  Brothers, I must ask.  What does the Papacy mean to each of you?  Who do you honestly believe is the right kind of man to sit in the thrown of people?  What is the most important thing that a Vicar of Christ can bring to the world?  What duties does the Bishop of Rome owe to his diocese?  Does he owe any, in the modern era?  And finally, do you thing the office makes the man, or is it the man who makes the office?

*glances at members of Italian delegation*

Thank you.

*sits down*
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2007, 11:08:21 AM »

Cardinal von Frick is seen taking down notes at the questions and the answers.

Brother Cardinal, you do realize that those must be burned after every ballot, correct?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2007, 12:40:44 AM »
« Edited: June 10, 2007, 02:02:26 AM by Pierre Cardinal LaCroix »

The time for discussion has concluded.  We will now start the 4th Ballot.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2007, 10:19:05 PM »

The 4th Ballot is now concluded.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2007, 10:41:59 PM »

*Again, Black Smoke is seen rising*

Reporter:  And we go live again to the Vatican where we see that the Cardinals have once again failed to come to a concensus.  Not much to say at this point, but we will keep watching.

And now back to our studio for a look at Paris Hilton and her on-going ordeal in prison.

Jim?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2007, 10:43:02 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2007, 12:03:32 AM by Pierre Cardinal LaCroix »

The Results of the 4th Ballot are as follows

Cheng - 13 (Cheng, Shah, Wildauer, Sherer, Ramos, Schuler, Alexandre, Balla, Garcia, Zambrano, Pinera, de Arroyo, Tyler)

Lumbayo - 12 (Adofo, Santiago, Reyes, Lopez, Ramirez, de Lugo, Rias, Kobe, Sauda, Chike, Zari, Michiba)

Cruijff - 11 (Cruijff, McCannon, Romano, Bertone, Rudo, O'Hara, Montini, Soto, Boulanger, Braschi, Sanchez)

Jergovic - 10 (Jergovic, Szklar, Ganganelli, Schontag, Howard, Papp, Timochenko, Mineric, Adamkusm, Legrand)

von Frick -10 (von Frick, de Palma, Hernandez, Huber, Robidzer, Herrera, Pascal, Purnomo, Ho, Kulop)

Antonelli - 9 (Antonelli, Sepe, Rezzonico, Lambertini, Altieri, Errigo, Caprelli, Gardocki, Latello)

Hume - 9 (Hume, Yates, Bassman, Cruz, Gabler, Stojeck, M'Fuma, Lynch)

Ribeiro - 6 (Ribeiro, Tagola, Diaz, de Silva, Alves, Majboo)

Miller - 5 (Miller, MacMillian, Kelley, Fitzgibbon, Gayan)

de Andrade - 1 (Medina)

Tagola - 1 (Lumbayo)

Cheng - 13
Lumbayo - 12
Cruijff - 11
Jergovic - 10
von Frick - 10
Antonelli - 9
Hume - 9
Ribeiro - 6
Miller - 5
de Andrade - 1
Tagola - 1

Hume ---->   Hume
Ribeiro ---->   Ribeiro
Cheng ---->   Cheng
von Frick ---->   Ribeiro ----> von Frick
Miller ---->   Miller
Jergovic ---->   Jergovic
Antonelli ---->   Antonelli
Cruijff ---->   Cruijiff
de Palma ---->     de Palma ----> von Frick
Lumbayo ---->   Santiago ----> Tagola

Curia   

McCannon ---->   Cruijff
Romano ---->   Cruijff
Hernandez ---->   von Frick
Sepe ---->   Antonelli
Bertone ---->   Cruijff
Adofo ---->   Lumbayo
Shah ---->   Cheng
Wildauer ---->   Cheng

Other Key Cardinals

Santiago ---->   Lumbayo
O'Hara ---->   Cruijff
Sherer ---->   Cheng
Tagola ---->   Ribeiro
Medina ---->   de Andrade
Bassman    ---->     Hume
Ramos ---->   Cheng
Montini ---->   Crujiff
Szklar ---->   Jergovic
Rudo ---->   Cruijff

Europeans   

Rezzonico    ----> Antonelli
Lambertini ---->   Antonelli
Altieri ---->   Antonelli
Ganganelli ---->   Jergovic
Braschi ---->   Cruijff
Errigo ---->   Antonelli
Caprelli ---->   Antonelli
Huber ---->   von Frick
Robidzer ---->   von Frick
Schontag ---->   Jergovic
Schuler ---->   Cheng
Reyes ---->   Lumbayo
Diaz ---->                   Ribeiro
Soto ---->                  Cruijff
Cruz ---->                  Hume
Herrera ---->   von Frick
Pascal ---->   von Frick
Boulanger ---->   Cruijff
Alexandre    ---->        Cheng
Gardocki    ---->         Antonelli
Howard ---->   Jergovic
MacMillian ---->   Miller
Papp ---->   Jergovic
Balla ---->    Cheng
Timochenko ---->   Jergovic
Mineric ---->   Jergovic
Adamkus ---->   Jergovic
Kelley ---->   Miller

North America

Fitzgibbon ---->   Hume ----> Miller
Latello ---->   Antonelli
Gabler ---->   Hume
Sanchez ---->   Cruijff
Stojeck ---->   Hume
Legrand ---->   Antonelli ----> Jergovic

Latin America   

da Silva ---->   Ribeiro
Alves ---->   RIbeiro
Lopez ---->   Lumbayo
Garcia ---->   Cheng
Zambrano ---->   Cheng
Ramirez ---->   Lumbayo
Pinera ---->   Cheng
de Arroyo    ---->        Cheng
de Lugo ---->   Lumbayo
Rias ---->                   Lumbayo

Africa   

Tyler ---->                   Cheng
Kobe ---->   Lumbayo
Sauda ---->   Lumbayo
Chike ---->   Lumbayo
M'Fuma ---->   Hume
Zari ---->                   Lumbayo

Asia   

Gayan ---->              Singh ----> Miller
Majboo ---->   Ribeiro
Michiba ---->   Lumbayo
Purnomo ---->   von Frick
Ho ---->                   von Frick
Kulop ---->   von Frick
Lynch ---->   Hume

The Results for the 4th Ballot are inconclusive.

I see, my brothers, that we have reached a bit of a dead lock.  I am not against this, in fact, I encourage it, because I hope it will force each of you to think a little harder about the future of the Faith.  Let us now go and eat God's bounty.

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2007, 04:29:51 PM »

Does anyone have anything to say?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2007, 08:38:27 PM »

This is from Cardinal Lumbayo through PM:

Brother Cardinals,
I feel that there is increasing tension within this Conclave and I think it is time to recall who we are and why we are here. I said in my opening speech that we must try and look past sectional conflicts and come together as Christians and as members of this Church. I have always tried to live by the principle of making friends instead of attracting enemies. I am happy to say that I have managed to live up to this principle during this Conclave. Cardinal Santiago and myself have not always been on the best of terms, but today I am proud to call him my friend. I hope that others will follow our example so that we can emerge from this Conclave more unified instead of more divided. I cannot bear to think of the consequences otherwise.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2007, 09:56:21 PM »

And that concludes this discussion period.  We will now proceed with the 5th Ballot.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2007, 08:05:26 PM »

This ballot is concluded.  I will have the results soon.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2007, 01:56:22 AM »

*shot of black smoke rising from the stack*

And it appears that the Cardinals have once again not elected a Pope.  Whatever is going on inside the Vatican, it is clear that the electors are thinking long and hard about their choice.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2007, 01:56:51 AM »

The Results of the 5th Ballot are as follows

Lumbayo - 13 (Yates, Adofo, Santiago, Reyes, Lopez, de Lugo, Rias, M'Fuma, Kobe, Sauda, Chike, Zari, Michiba)

Cruijff - 12 (Cruijff, McCannon, Romano, Sepe, Bertone, Rudo, O'Hara, Montini, Soto, Boulanger, Braschi, Sanchez)

Ribeiro - 11 (Ribeiro, Tagola, Medina, Diaz, Cruz, de Silva, Alves, Ramirez, Majboo, Ho, Kulop)

Jergovic - 10 (Jergovic, Szklar, Ganganelli, Schontag, Howard, Papp, Timochenko, Mineric, Adamkusm, Legrand)

von Frick -10 (von Frick, Hernandez, Huber, Robidzer, Bassman, Gabler, Stojeck,Herrera, Pascal, Purnomo)

Antonelli - 8 (Antonelli, Rezzonico, Lambertini, Altieri, Errigo, Caprelli, Gardocki, Latello)

Miller - 6 (Miller, MacMillian, Kelley, Fitzgibbon, Gayan, Lynch)

Hume - 1 (Hume)

Tagola - 1 (Lumbayo)

Cheng - 13
Lumbayo - 13
Cruijff - 12
Ribeiro - 11
Jergovic - 10
von Frick - 10
Antonelli - 8
Miller - 6
Hume - 1
Tagola - 1

Hume   ---->    Hume   
Ribeiro   ---->    Ribeiro   
Cheng   ---->    Cheng   
von Frick   ---->    von Frick   
Yates   ---->    Hume---->   Lumbayo
Meier   ---->    Abstain   
Miller   ---->    Miller   
Jergovic   ---->    Jergovic   
Antonelli   ---->    Antonelli   
Cruijff   ---->    Cruijff   
Vallencant ---->   Abstain   
de Palma    ---->    von Frick    ---->    Abstain
de Andrade ---->  Abstain   
Lumbayo   ---->    Tagola   
Singh   ---->    Abstain

Curia   

McCannon  ---->  Cruijff   
Romano   ---->Cruijff   
Hernandez  ---->  von Frick   
Sepe   ---->  Antonelli   ---->   Cruijff
Bertone   ---->  Cruijff   
Adofo   ---->  Lumbayo   
Shah   ---->  Cheng   
Wildauer   ---->  Cheng   

Other Key Cardinals

Santiago   ---->  Lumbayo   
O'Hara   ---->  Cruijff   
Sherer   ---->  Cheng   
Tagola   ---->  Ribeiro   
Medina   ---->  de Andrade ---->  Ribeiro
Bassman   ---->  Hume  ---->  von Frick
Ramos   ---->  Cheng   
Montini   ---->  Cruijff   
Szklar   ---->  Jergovic   
Rudo   ---->  Cruijff   

Europeans   

Rezzonico    ---->   Antonelli   
Lambertini ---->   Antonelli   
Altieri   ---->  Antonelli   
Ganganelli ---->  Jergovic   
Braschi   ---->  Cruijff   
Errigo   ---->  Antonelli   
Caprelli   ---->  Antonelli   
Huber   ---->  von Frick   
Robidzer   ---->  von Frick   
Schontag   ---->  Jergovic   
Schuler   ---->  Cheng   
Reyes   ---->  Lumbayo   
Diaz   ---->  Ribeiro   
Soto   ---->  Cruijff   
Cruz   ---->  Hume ----> Ribeiro
Herrera   ---->  von Frick   
Pascal   ---->  von Frick   
Boulanger ---->  Cruijff   
Alexandre ---->  Cheng   
Gardocki   ---->  Antonelli   
Howard   ---->  Jergovic   
MacMillian   ---->  Miller   
Papp   ---->  Jergovic   
Balla   ---->  Cheng   
Timochenko ---->  Jergovic   
Mineric   ---->  Jergovic   
Adamkus   ---->  Jergovic   
Kelley   ---->  Miller   

North America

Fitzgibbon ---->  Miller   
Latello   ---->  Antonelli   
Gabler   ---->  Hume ---->  von Frick
Sanchez   ---->  Cruijff   
Stojeck   ---->  Hume  ---->  von Frick
Legrand   ---->  Jergovic   

Latin America   

da Silva   ---->  Ribeiro   
Alves   ---->  Ribeiro   
Lopez   ---->  Lumbayo   
Garcia   ---->  Cheng   
Zambrano ---->  Cheng   
Ramirez   ---->  Lumbayo  ---->  Ribeiro
Pinera   ---->  Cheng   
de Arroyo   ---->  Cheng   
de Lugo   ---->  Lumbayo   
Rias   ---->  Lumbayo   

Africa   

Tyler ---->                   Cheng
Kobe ---->   Lumbayo
Sauda ---->   Lumbayo
Chike ---->   Lumbayo
M'Fuma ---->   Hume  ---->  Lumbayo

Asia   

Gayan ---->              Miller
Majboo ---->   Ribeiro
Michiba ---->   Lumbayo
Purnomo ---->   von Frick
Ho ---->                   von Frick  ---->  Ribeiro
Kulop ---->   von Frick  ---->  Ribeiro
Lynch ---->   Hume  ---->  Miller

The results of this ballot are inconclusive.

I ask each of you to get a full nights rest, for I sense that tomorrow, there will be many questions.  And as always, pray my brothers.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2007, 02:06:14 AM »

*Cardinal Shah rises*

Brothers, there was some talk yesterday about holding another Council to work out the issues currently facing the Church.  Some of you were opposed to this idea, some of you were in favor of it.  I would like to ask those of you in favor a very blunt question... what changes, exactly, would you endorse if recommended by a council.  Those of you who said you were not in favor, could you elaborate as to why this is?

*Shah slowly sits back down*
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2007, 10:28:51 PM »

We will now begin voting for the 6th Ballot.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2007, 11:18:31 PM »

This ballot has concluded.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2007, 02:35:39 AM »

*Shot of black smoke rising*

Announcer:  And it appears that the Cardinals have once again not elected a Pope.  We are joined again by papal expert Richard McBrien.  Sir, what are we to make of all of this.

McBrien:  Thanks for having me again.  Well, this is turning out to be one fo the longer Conclaves in recent memory, I am personally not completely surprised by that.  The closest modern equivilent is the Conclave that elected Pope John Paul II in 1978.  It lasted as many days.  I think we will be able to expect a result as equally unpridictable.

Announcer:  So you doubt that any of the really big names we heard before the Conclave will be chosen.

McBrien:  Well, it is possible that the Cardinals are deadlocked between a couple of them, such as von Frick and Cheng or Hume and Yates, but if that is the case, I find it more liekly that the Caridinals will settle on a compromise candidate.

Announcer:  Thank you, sir.  We hope you come on again soon.

McBrien:  Thanks for having me.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2007, 02:37:26 AM »
« Edited: August 03, 2007, 12:49:43 PM by Pierre Cardinal LaCroix »

The Results of the 6th Ballot are as follows

Lumbayo - 20 (de Andrade, Yates, Adofo, Szklar, Medina, Schontag, Santiago, Reyes, Zambrano, de Arroyo, Lopez, de Lugo, Rias, Tyler, M'Fuma, Kobe, Sauda, Chike, Zari, Michiba, Purnomo)

Cruijff - 20 (von Frick, Cruijff, McCannon, Hernandez, Romano, Sepe, Bertone, Rudo, O'Hara, Montini, Soto, Boulanger, Papp, Timochenko, Braschi, Sanchez, Bassman, Gabler, Stojeck, Kulop)

Cheng - 11 (Cheng, Meier, Shah, Wildauer, Sherer, Ramos, Schuler, Alexandre, Balla, Garcia, Pinera)

Antonelli - 10 (Antonelli, Vallencant, Rezzonico, Ganganelli, Lambertini, Altieri, Errigo, Caprelli, Gardocki, Latello)

Ribeiro - 7 (Tagola, Diaz, Cruz, de Silva, Alves, Ramirez, Majboo)

Miller - 9 (Miller, Singh, Robidzer, Howard, MacMillian, Kelley, Fitzgibbon, Gayan, Lynch)

von Frick - 4 (Huber, Herrera, Pascal, Ho)

Jergovic - 3 (Mineric, Adamkusm, Legrand)

Tagola - 1 (Lumbayo)

Lumbayo - 20
Cruijff - 20
Cheng - 11
Antonelli - 10
Ribeiro - 7
Miller - 9
von Frick - 4
Jergovic - 3
Tagola - 1

Hume   ---->    Hume   ----> Abstain   
Ribeiro   ---->    Ribeiro  ----> Abstain   
Cheng   ---->    Cheng   
von Frick   ---->    von Frick  ----> Cruijff   
Yates   ---->    Lumbayo
Meier   ---->    Abstain  ----> Cheng   
Miller   ---->    Miller   
Jergovic   ---->    Jergovic  ----> Abstain   
Antonelli   ---->    Antonelli   
Cruijff   ---->    Cruijff   
Vallencant ---->   Abstain  ---->  Antonelli   
de Palma    ---->    Abstain
de Andrade ---->  Abstain  ----> Lumbayo   
Lumbayo   ---->    Tagola   
Singh   ---->    Abstain  ----> Miller

Curia   

McCannon  ---->  Cruijff   
Romano   ---->Cruijff   
Hernandez  ---->  von Frick  ----> Cruijff
Sepe   ---->  Cruijff
Bertone   ---->  Cruijff   
Adofo   ---->  Lumbayo   
Shah   ---->  Cheng   
Wildauer   ---->  Cheng   

Other Key Cardinals

Santiago   ---->  Lumbayo   
O'Hara   ---->  Cruijff   
Sherer   ---->  Cheng   
Tagola   ---->  Ribeiro   
Medina   ---->  Lumbayo
Bassman   ---->  von Frick ----> Cruijff
Ramos   ---->  Cheng   
Montini   ---->  Cruijff   
Szklar   ---->  Jergovic  ----> Lumbayo   
Rudo   ---->  Cruijff   

Europeans   

Rezzonico    ---->   Antonelli   
Lambertini ---->   Antonelli   
Altieri   ---->  Antonelli   
Ganganelli ---->  Jergovic  ----> Antonelli   
Braschi   ---->  Cruijff   
Errigo   ---->  Antonelli   
Caprelli   ---->  Antonelli   
Huber   ---->  von Frick   
Robidzer   ---->  von Frick  ----> Miller   
Schontag   ---->  Jergovic  ----> Lumbayo   
Schuler   ---->  Cheng   
Reyes   ---->  Lumbayo   
Diaz   ---->  Ribeiro   
Soto   ---->  Cruijff   
Cruz   ---->  Ribeiro
Herrera   ---->  von Frick   
Pascal   ---->  von Frick   
Boulanger ---->  Cruijff   
Alexandre ---->  Cheng   
Gardocki   ---->  Antonelli   
Howard   ---->  Jergovic  ----> Miller   
MacMillian   ---->  Miller   
Papp   ---->  Jergovic  ----> Cruijff   
Balla   ---->  Cheng   
Timochenko ---->  Jergovic  ----> Cruijff
Mineric   ---->  Jergovic   
Adamkus   ---->  Jergovic   
Kelley   ---->  Miller   

North America

Fitzgibbon ---->  Miller   
Latello   ---->  Antonelli   
Gabler   ---->  Hume  ----> Cruijff
Sanchez   ---->  Cruijff   
Stojeck   ---->  Hume  ----> Crujiff
Legrand   ---->  Jergovic   

Latin America   

da Silva   ---->  Ribeiro   
Alves   ---->  Ribeiro   
Lopez   ---->  Lumbayo   
Garcia   ---->  Cheng   
Zambrano ---->  Cheng  ----> Lumbayo   
Ramirez   ---->  Ribeiro  ----> Cheng
Pinera   ---->  Cheng   
de Arroyo   ---->  Cheng  ----> Lumbayo   
de Lugo   ---->  Lumbayo   
Rias   ---->  Lumbayo   

Africa   

Tyler ---->                   Cheng  ----> Lumbayo
Kobe ---->   Lumbayo
Sauda ---->   Lumbayo
Chike ---->   Lumbayo
M'Fuma ---->   Lumbayo

Asia   

Gayan ---->              Miller
Majboo ---->   Ribeiro
Michiba ---->   Lumbayo
Purnomo ---->   von Frick  ----> Lumbayo
Ho ---->                   von Frick
Kulop ---->   von Frick  ----> Cruijff
Lynch ---->   Miller

The results of this ballot are inconclusive.

We will now be going to lunch.  I hear they have prepared a nice chicken soup for us.  I asked for lobster, but there was concern it might excite the ire of the animal rights people.  *chuckle*  Anyway, enjoy and pray.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2007, 12:32:48 PM »
« Edited: August 03, 2007, 12:43:40 PM by Pierre Cardinal LaCroix »

Shouldn't there be 9 votes for Miller, if he's getting Sing's vote?

You also have Medina listed as a vote for me in the "regional" column but as a vote for Ribeiro in the parentheses in the beginning...*cough*go with me, go with me*cough*

How do you get 9 for Miller?

That vote is supposed to go for you, sorry.

Edit:  Got it... I forgot Singh... okay, we have em all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm gonna leave this as another "open" round
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2007, 07:01:55 PM »

Voting for the 7th Ballot will now begin
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2007, 12:41:20 AM »

Sorry, this game is closed to those who are already playing, you are more than welcome to be in the next one though.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2007, 12:26:37 AM »

Sorry for the long delay.

This ballot is now concluded.  I will have the results for you shortly.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2007, 07:56:44 PM »

*Black smoke rises from the Vatican*

Announcer:  And it once again appears that the Cardinals of the Catholic Church have failed to elect a Pope.  That makes four whole days now that have gone by.  As per tradition, there will be a recess from voting tomorrow, for prayer and discussion, and the voting will continue the next day.  We will provide coverage of those events when they occur.  Back to the studio.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies