Vote Purple State/Marokai Blue in June!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 01:37:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Vote Purple State/Marokai Blue in June!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: Vote Purple State/Marokai Blue in June!  (Read 30189 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: May 07, 2010, 11:13:02 PM »

It's actually a very very good complaint you have, Fritz. If we're elected, and Purple State and I push for this policy, I will promise you that at the very least we will come up with a basic wiki editing guide very simple to understand so people know the groundwork for decent editing. We shouldn't force people to do something without them understanding how to do it.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2010, 12:49:46 AM »

Wikipedia has guides to editing. People can refer to those.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2010, 08:14:41 PM »

I'd like to note my support for AHDuke's proposed Atlasia Clean Energy Act of 2010. Well done in writing it, Duke. I'm happy you remained in the Senate.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2010, 08:26:38 PM »

I too am very pleased with this bill.  Clean energy was always something I wanted to accomplish as a Senator, but sadly, never did.  Writing bills just isn't a strong point with me... I think I'll be much more in a comfortable position as the RG.
true liberty
Rookie

« Reply #154 on: May 08, 2010, 08:34:58 PM »

The bill is poorly written, actually. I'd be willing to clean up the language so that no one knows a Southerner wrote it.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2010, 08:38:47 PM »

Thanks Hamilton, we don't need your help here.
true liberty
Rookie

« Reply #156 on: May 08, 2010, 08:40:29 PM »

Thanks Hamilton, we don't need your help here.

you're right, i'm not a psychiatrist.

the name is true liberty.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2010, 09:42:31 PM »

That is a valid concern and one that can be addressed relatively simply. The first step is PMing Peter for an account. Once that is done, I recommend playing around with your page and seeing what you can self-teach. Beyond that, there are always experts on the forum out there who are willing to help.

That's a start, but I'm asking for a bit more.

You're asking me- and pretty much all of Atlasia- to invest some time and energy into learning how to do something.  I ask for instructions, your suggestion is I play around and see what I can self-teach.

In order to post the voter list, I had to learn how to post tables.  How did I do that?  I went to the ?Help link.  It didn't provide much, but it gave me enough to accomplish what I needed.  If there's a similar link for wiki editing, just tell me where it is and I'll shut up.

I hear a lot from people how difficult and cumbersome the process can be.  Purple State, you point out that there are a few "experts" available to help.  My challenge to you, Mr. Candidate, is to find one of these "experts" to write a basic instruction manual.  I'm sure it need not be overly lengthy- a few pages maybe.  If you can deliver that, I promise to get an account and update the voter list there.  Deal?

If it was just for me, I wouldn't be so demanding.  But you are asking for a lot more than just me.  This may make it possible for you to get there.

Fritz, I accept your challenge.

This is the page meant to contain editing help for the Atlasia Wiki. Currently it is blank. My administration will make sure it contains relevant information for Wiki editing.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #158 on: May 09, 2010, 12:38:12 AM »

Yea that would be of big help, I dove right in last week when Peter created my account so some of the edits to my page and the Party page may be wrong.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #159 on: May 09, 2010, 12:46:25 AM »

I had a wiki account recently, but it seems to be gone. Will your administration ensure my account won't be stolen away from me with no warning again? Tongue
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #160 on: May 09, 2010, 01:38:21 AM »

I had a wiki account recently, but it seems to be gone. Will your administration ensure my account won't be stolen away from me with no warning again? Tongue

Unfortunately, Mr. Leip is woefully unaccountable to the president of this game. I will work to ensure that everyone who wants an account and can handle one responsibly gets one.

While I'm quoting you, I would like to express my conditional support for the Atlasia Clean Energy Act of 2010. I think it will provide a good opportunity to debate the merits of a carbon tax system versus a cap-and-trade system. It will also hopefully serve as an opportunity to discuss the various types of capping systems and their impacts on the environment, producers and consumers. I look forward to the Senate's deliberations.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #161 on: May 09, 2010, 11:30:23 PM »

Just a quick update: The first post of this thread has a whole new look! Our platform (with links) and a list of endorsements we have received is up.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #162 on: May 10, 2010, 12:12:01 AM »

Didn't Vane endorse the ticket?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #163 on: May 10, 2010, 12:27:40 AM »

Vane was Hamilton and has since been banned. Considering Hamilton's previous relationship with myself and Marokai, it seems unlikely that the endorsement was serious, nor do we accept his endorsement, and so I have opted not to list it on the front page.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #164 on: May 10, 2010, 12:55:32 AM »

Vane was Hamilton and has since been banned. Considering Hamilton's previous relationship with myself and Marokai, it seems unlikely that the endorsement was serious, nor do we accept his endorsement, and so I have opted not to list it on the front page.

Aye, we certainly don't.
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #165 on: May 10, 2010, 07:37:56 AM »

The Purple State/Marokai Blue Platform

Game Reform: Streamlining Forum Affairs (4/29)

The 3-Pronged Attack on Unemployment (4/29)

Game Reform: What Wiki? (5/6)

Sustaining Employment (5/6)

And keep checking back for fresh proposals...

Who Has Endorsed Us? (in chronological order)
Antonio V; Kalwejt; Winston Disraeli; Badger; ilikeverin (ish?); Hans-im-Glück; Happy Warrior; benconstine; Lief; Giovanni; Bacon King; Vepres

*Do you support the ticket but don't see your name here? Just post your endorsement in this thread and it will be added. Thanks!

Original Campaign Announcement

Fellow Citizens of Atlasia:

I write this open letter to you today to announce that I will be a candidate for President of Atlasia in the upcoming June election.

I have given great thought to this decision as I weighed the responsibilities of this office and the needs of Atlasia. As I thought back over my time here, to those presidents that served before, I saw those traits that set the great presidents apart from their peers: a firm investment in an active Atlasia and a willingness to work with friends and rivals to solve problems. I believe that I embody these two attributes.

Since discovering Atlasia, I have given my all to actively improve the game and build a better and more exciting environment for you. I joined Inks and Peter in the Mideast to rewrite the regional constitution; I implemented effective reform of the Office of the Game Moderator alongside Sen. North Carolina Yankee; I pushed for the spread of regional legislatures to inspire broader participation.

My experience spans nearly every level of government in Atlasia. I started in the Mideast Assembly where I took an active role and eventually became Speaker of the Assembly. While there, I passed comprehensive election and education reforms into law while providing for a free-flowing and non-partisan legislature.

Next I served in the Senate where I was part of some of the most productive Senates on record. I championed the cause of our veterans to ensure that our defenders receive a true hero's welcome when they return home. I wrote a workers' Bill of Rights to set forth a clear set of guidelines for employers and for unions and I created a viable workers' compensation and training statute. And each of those passed with resounding support from members of the  DA, RPP and JCP (the three parties in the Senate at the time).

And now I serve as the GM, where I have tried to revive a powerful and long-dormant position and build a strong foundation for future GMs. By providing regular analysis and news that provide neutral commentary on Atlasia, the regions and the world, I have done my best to promote an active government and citizenry.

Shortly, I will announce my running mate. Together we will roll out a comprehensive and game-oriented platform over the coming weeks to explain our vision for reenergizing Atlasia and building a more effective and participatory system. I hope you will join us in the cause.

Thank you all for your patience.

I would now like to introduce my running mate: Marokai Blue.
endorsed.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #166 on: May 13, 2010, 11:27:58 PM »
« Edited: May 13, 2010, 11:31:39 PM by A.J. Marokai Blue »

(Dual Policy Announcement)

Defending Employment
Domestic Policy (Economic)

As part of the last main plan for strengthening overall employment in Atlasia, but by no means the final policies ever to be proposed, there remains defending employment. After fueling employment through various means to hopefully rapidly increase employment, and after sustaining that growth in the good times, inevitably come the economic storms that we must weather, and that's why we need a firm plan to defend employment in the future. That plan is a reasonable and staggered plan of limited wage subsidization inspired by the German model for job protection, with some modifications.

This policy will protect job losses in future recessions from becoming extreme by taking the temporary step of partially covering wages of employees who would otherwise be fired, through a variety of ways. All wage subsidies will only be given out to businesses that employ a total of 4000 employees per region (ex. A business that has a total of 4900 employees in the Mideast Region, that business will not be able to apply for wage subsidies for their employees in that region, unless their total employment force drops to or below that number.) This initial estimated number will help prevent large businesses from taking advantage of the system.

The hypothetical wage subsidy would be awarded to businesses in need of serious help. Businesses who will keep individuals on their payroll as part-time employees who would otherwise be fired (as full-time employees or otherwise) will be awarded the subsidy that will cover up to 75% of the wage. The subsidy will have a time limit, expiring in 12 months time.

It's important to note that this policy will undergo a great deal of refinement, and the numbers and scope of the wage is only a draft at the campaign stage, and will undergo significant change and improvement during the legislating phase, but the central element will remain essential and is what we are proposing. Such a policy can and has helped stem job losses to recessions and is our primary tool in defending the jobs that we create.

Making "Question Time" Exciting
Forum Policy (Game Reform)

One thing has become clear by the proposed "Presidential Question Time" by this administration:

It's dull. And we want to spice things up a little bit.

The idea has it's roots in the Prime Minister's Questions from the United Kingdom, but it's become abundantly clear that it's missing quite a few things necessary to replicate that experience. Structure, and excitement.

One thing is very obvious when watching PMQs, and that's alot of verbal fist throwing, tongue-in-cheek insults, and scathing jokes that rally the troops and get the other side riled up. We want to replicate that slugfest style while keeping it productive, and change the style of it to something more resembling a comedy roast.

We will introduce legislation to schedule the event each month at a set time, change the name to a more fitting title ("Executive Slugfest" perhaps? Wink) and anyone will be allowed to trade barbs and ask serious questions in the process with the President, Vice President, and the Cabinet, and they will respond with their barbs, their serious answers to the questions, and the process will continue. Let's make it productive, but also incredibly fun and interesting to follow and actually participate in.

While trading barbs in the new system though, let's just remember, it's all meant in a friendly spirit! Tongue
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #167 on: May 14, 2010, 12:41:45 AM »

On that note, I will not have a policy proposal for this week. My mind has been numbed by my finals and my time will continue to be limited until Saturday or Sunday night. Many thanks to my running mate for pulling double duty.

I have small additions to each of the above policies:

On defending employment, the goal is to create a system in which the government helps provide a floor under falling employment to curb sharp decreases. By keeping people in work we will be actively avoiding a significant drop in private spending, which would otherwise produce further losses of revenue and a deeper recession. Such a policy will be multi-faceted, targeting both large employers and small businesses to keep our engine of innovation churning.

On question time, I think the biggest missing element is a distinct rival to rebut the President and provide an alternative view. The opportunity should be more of a debate, rather than a Q&A. I would like to find a way to change that, possibly by inviting citizen nominations for each month's "questioner" to promote greater engagement.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #168 on: May 14, 2010, 12:53:22 PM »

I support active ticket of two active candidates.

Not like the other one, with dude addicted from vice presidency is running with someone who haven't said a word or declared yet.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #169 on: May 14, 2010, 01:32:13 PM »

I support active ticket of two active candidates.

Not like the other one, with dude addicted from vice presidency is running with someone who haven't said a word or declared yet.

^^^
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #170 on: May 14, 2010, 10:23:02 PM »

On that note, I will not have a policy proposal for this week. My mind has been numbed by my finals and my time will continue to be limited until Saturday or Sunday night. Many thanks to my running mate for pulling double duty.

On defending employment, the goal is to create a system in which the government helps provide a floor under falling employment to curb sharp decreases. By keeping people in work we will be actively avoiding a significant drop in private spending, which would otherwise produce further losses of revenue and a deeper recession. Such a policy will be multi-faceted, targeting both large employers and small businesses to keep our engine of innovation churning.

On question time, I think the biggest missing element is a distinct rival to rebut the President and provide an alternative view. The opportunity should be more of a debate, rather than a Q&A. I would like to find a way to change that, possibly by inviting citizen nominations for each month's "questioner" to promote greater engagement.

Perhaps each party in congress without a President or VP (pop and RPP) can select one of their own to be the "leader of the opposition".
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #171 on: May 15, 2010, 01:45:08 AM »

Perhaps each party in congress without a President or VP (pop and RPP) can select one of their own to be the "leader of the opposition".

With a shadow cabinet. Would be fun.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #172 on: May 15, 2010, 08:39:41 AM »

Smid is in the RPP, unless something happened that I  don't know about. So it would be the Pop and the JCP.
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2010, 08:41:10 AM »

Smid is in the RPP, unless something happened that I  don't know about. So it would be the Pop and the JCP.
Maybe we should have primaries.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2010, 05:39:01 PM »

Yes Smid is still in the RPP, and we have nothing but love and support for our resident Australian. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies