Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 09:25:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 130441 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: February 21, 2013, 07:33:47 PM »

Ok, answer this question without lying then. Were they not going to extend your contract?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #676 on: February 21, 2013, 07:35:48 PM »

I must answer a point that Inks has been harping on.  The car registration/drivers license/license plates.  Under Utah law I had 90 days to change all those over once I first got into the state, so since I was there for nearly 6 months, I would have had to change my stuff over before December 3, anyway.  So, that's really a moot point.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #677 on: February 21, 2013, 07:36:13 PM »

This may have been discussed, but do you have any snow down there, Bushie? We have 8 inches here in KC and it's still falling.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #678 on: February 21, 2013, 07:38:33 PM »

Ok, answer this question without lying then. Were they not going to extend your contract?

They were going to extend it, but there would have been no chance for a raise unless I got a promotion.  I know that for a fact because I asked my supervisor directly about 2 weeks ago.  So, I was spinning my wheels on my career.  That is another reason I decided to pull the plug on Utah and come home.  I was going nowhere.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #679 on: February 21, 2013, 07:45:36 PM »

Some methheads broke into Bushie's house's shed while he was in Utah, had an orgy there, and didn't clean up afterwards.

patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #680 on: February 21, 2013, 07:49:18 PM »

They were going to extend it, but there would have been no chance for a raise unless I got a promotion.  I know that for a fact because I asked my supervisor directly about 2 weeks ago.  So, I was spinning my wheels on my career.  That is another reason I decided to pull the plug on Utah and come home.  I was going nowhere.

Jesu Christi Domine, Jeff.  This is how the world works man.  You think people are going to give you more money just because you show up and have a pulse.  You should know by now that you have to earn that money.  If you don't like the pay, don't accept the job in the first place and actually do a proper job search and not the first place that will have you.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #681 on: February 21, 2013, 07:51:55 PM »

This may have been discussed, but do you have any snow down there, Bushie? We have 8 inches here in KC and it's still falling.

We only got a couple inches here in OKC with a little sleet.  Altogether 1.2" of liquid moisture.  Alva, where I went to school, got 13.5" of snow, the big winner in the state.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #682 on: February 21, 2013, 07:52:13 PM »

You'll never get a raise if you can't hold a job for 6 months. Why can't you understand that your resume is a mess? And with every new job, it gets worse.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #683 on: February 21, 2013, 08:01:43 PM »

You'll never get a raise if you can't hold a job for 6 months. Why can't you understand that your resume is a mess? And with every new job, it gets worse.
Exactly...

This is what I've tried to tell you... You are acting very foolish by expecting a promotion almost immediately after starting at a company, particularly when that company has good reason to believe you'll be gone in a few months- which they gather by looking at your resume! Why would a company promote some one and invest in that person if their history shows them to lack loyalty to any prior place of employment?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #684 on: February 21, 2013, 08:04:59 PM »

Exactly...

This is what I've tried to tell you... You are acting very foolish by expecting a promotion almost immediately after starting at a company, particularly when that company has good reason to believe you'll be gone in a few months- which they gather by looking at your resume! Why would a company promote some one and invest in that person if their history shows them to lack loyalty to any prior place of employment?

He is probably better off just flat out lying on the resume at this point and hoping HR doesnt do any legwork.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #685 on: February 21, 2013, 08:06:27 PM »

Exactly...

He is probably better off just flat out lying on the resume at this point and hoping HR doesnt do any legwork.
He'd be better off telling his interviewer that it is the first job he has ever applied for!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #686 on: February 21, 2013, 09:25:34 PM »

Exactly...

I wasn't asking for a promotion.  I was just asking if there was a raise when I got on permanent.  His reply was no, and there were no raises unless I got a promotion.  I wasn't asking for one.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #687 on: February 21, 2013, 09:32:29 PM »

You should have at least stuck around for longer to make your resume look a little better. Hang around for a year or two and then move on. Instead you just up and leave, losing all the money you invested in your move, to guard your house and you end up living with your parents. Well thought out plan you and your dad made up. This only makes sense if you either got fired, or were told your contract would not be renewed.

You should have stayed in Utah and sold the damn house as is. If you are telling the truth, that is.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #688 on: February 21, 2013, 10:22:10 PM »

We're just trying to hit reset on my career before I get too old.  I was going nowhere in the position I was in and likely would have been passed up for quite a few things as I am not LDS.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #689 on: February 21, 2013, 10:23:07 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2013, 10:26:34 PM by Torie »

They were going to extend it, but there would have been no chance for a raise unless I got a promotion.  I know that for a fact because I asked my supervisor directly about 2 weeks ago.  So, I was spinning my wheels on my career.  That is another reason I decided to pull the plug on Utah and come home. I was going nowhere.

Now your going backwards. You go forward by "succeeding" at a subpar job, and then seeking a better one. But you already knew that. So I don't believe you at all. Or you are so spoiled and narcissistic, that you think you are entitled to something more.  You are lucky that I am not your parent. Well maybe not. Maybe I would have had a better influence on you, and you would not have the attitudes that you have today. I would have lived under a bridge rather than take money from my parents, after I finished my education. I would have worked as a supermarket bagger if I had to. I'm serious.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #690 on: February 21, 2013, 10:32:48 PM »

We're just trying to hit reset on my career before I get too old.  I was going nowhere in the position I was in and likely would have been passed up for quite a few things as I am not LDS.

But that is not the point. The point is, you will never advance your career if you cannot stay in a job for 6 months. If I am an employer, why would I increase your salary knowing you have the loyalty of a prostitute? You leave job after job before you have been there long enough, while trying to reset your career. You do it over and over again.

If I were your parents and I loved you, I would kick you out. I would force you to do something on your own, to live within your means, to struggle but hold onto a job because you desperately needed it. Right now, you have no sense of urgency because you know your parents, even at 32 years old as you are, will be there to coddle you when you fail.

I still don't believe you were not let go. I am in disbelief your parents were okay with you just quitting another job, but then again, they also recommended you sign up for AmeriPlan, so maybe they did support that decision. Surely they know no one will want to hire you now. My advice, if you do not want to follow ours, is to just live at home forever until your parents are dead. Then, you can figure out what to do with yourself.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #691 on: February 21, 2013, 10:36:24 PM »

whoa dude, no need to throw prostitutes under the bus

But otherwise I agree.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #692 on: February 21, 2013, 10:38:13 PM »

Do you guys think insulting my parents will cause me to take a second look.  What's done is done and there is zero need to keep pounding me over and over and over and insulting my parents.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #693 on: February 21, 2013, 10:54:15 PM »

Bushie, can you at least describe what was in the shed (as well as the cleanup process)? You know, just for the record!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #694 on: February 21, 2013, 11:00:59 PM »

Do you guys think insulting my parents will cause me to take a second look.  What's done is done and there is zero need to keep pounding me over and over and over and insulting my parents.

The vast majority here think your parents are showing terrible judgment. If you don't want our reactions, and opinions, shut down the thread. Period. This is not a one way conversation. You have facebook as the place to get high fives from your fans. Use that venue if that is what you want.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #695 on: February 21, 2013, 11:28:43 PM »

The vast majority here think your parents are showing terrible judgment. If you don't want our reactions, and opinions, shut down the thread. Period. This is not a one way conversation. You have facebook as the place to get high fives from your fans. Use that venue if that is what you want.
Absolutely agreed...

Bushie- I do not want to come down on you and my offer via PM stands, but why ask all of these strangers for advice if you are not going to follow it? I have great sympathy for those down on their luck or experiencing misfortune not of their own doing- I have sympathy for those who make honest mistakes that we all make fromt ime to time...

I do NOT have sympathy for some one who continuously seeks advice- ignores the advice- sees the results of that decision- then repeats the process endlessly... and having your parents treat you like a 15 year old when they should be enjoying their golden years is insulting to me and any one else who has had children. My fights with my daughters involve them being upset that I am giving them too much....the arguments after dinner stem from them trying to stop me from picking up the tab for every one. Your philosophy seems to be using your parents- who I venture have worked hard for their entire lives- as a crutch while you continue to sail through life

Every poor decision you make sets you back and sets them back... and the fact that you fail to see this seems to me to be not stupidity but your own God damned choice! And for you to type out every detail of your life and put it into the public and then be insulted when some people here are trying to offer you advice- that is a joke!

If you want advice, ask for it-no one has any issue giving advice... but I am beginning to see what others have said about you. I don't enjoy lecturing you or any one on an internet board, but dammit you invite it with your behavior!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #696 on: February 21, 2013, 11:39:17 PM »

I'm not looking for a rubber stamp, but the advice without the personal insults would do.  I'm agreeing with most of the advice, but could do without the insults peppered in.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #697 on: February 21, 2013, 11:43:11 PM »

I'm not looking for a rubber stamp, but the advice without the personal insults would do.  I'm agreeing with most of the advice, but could do without the insults peppered in.
You say you agree with it, but you obviously don't follow it!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #698 on: February 21, 2013, 11:52:34 PM »

No one is saying your parents are bad people. People can be completely wrong but have good intentions. I am attacking their ideas. I am sure they are pleasant. I just think their advice is some of the worst. By now, it should be obvious to anyone that their track record is horrendous. You are 32. You can make your own decisions. You can love your parents to death, but you should not have to answer to them at your age.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #699 on: February 21, 2013, 11:56:32 PM »

You're over 30 and you're referring to career decisions using 'we'... unless you're in a relationship or you're using the royal 'we'. Your parents, who clearly don't know what they're talking about, need to back off. And if you're not strong enough to tell them to back off and respect you as an adult... then you're a totally lost cause.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies