Office of butafly [update]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:00:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of butafly [update]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Office of butafly [update]  (Read 7358 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2013, 03:50:32 PM »

While I am not a supporter of your budget amendment, you have shown a lot of commitment to the region over your time here and we'd be much better off with you in the Assembly, so I feel comfortable giving you my endorsement.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2013, 05:58:36 AM »

Well! The voting booths are now open, and I need your support. Please go over to the voting booth and give high preferences to me, Gass, and Miles. You won't regret it!

final endorsement list
  • LIGHT PARTY (aut)
  • PROGRESSIVE CAUCUS
  • LABOR PARTY
  • Senator X (ind-OH)
  • LG candidate Siren (Lt-VA)
  • Governor Tmthforu (Lt-IN)
  • IDS Speaker Zanas (Lab-AL)
  • Assemblyman Talleyrand (Lab-MO)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2013, 11:42:15 PM »

Here's an overview of what I've done in the Mideast Assembly:

Mideast Electoral Reform Act · passed · Recognised Mideasterners' right to a secret ballot; instituted safety mechanisms for such.
for: 豚FLY/a Person · Inks.LWC · Oldiesfreak1854
against: Gass3268 · shua

Freedom of Religion Amendment · passed / passed public ratification · Removed religious qualifications from our oath of office.
for: 豚FLY/a Person · Gass3268 · Oldiesfreak1854
against: Inks.LWC

Mideast Sex Workers Liberation Act · suspended · Would have instituted common-sense reforms to prostitution law. On hold pending an initiative, which y'all should go sign.

Informed Voters Act · passed · Improved voting booths for initiatives/referenda/etc.
for: 豚FLY/a Person · Oldiesfreak1854 · shua
against: Inks.LWC

A Bill to Commemorate Atlasia's Greatest Citizen · failed · Would have commemorated John Engle, Eternal Governor of All Atlasia's States and Regions (duh).
freedom fighters: 豚FLY/a Person · Gass3268
anti-People scumbags: Oldiesfreak1854 · shua · Inks.LWC

Mideast Mass-Transit Reform Act · status pending · Would establish proper metro/streetcar systems in many Mideast cities.

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2013, 11:45:27 PM »

Hello, friends (and other people) –
you've probably noticed already that I have resigned from the Mideast Assembly to run for the Northeast Assembly instead.

Why? Well, the fact of the matter is, simply, that the Northeast needs me more than the Mideast does.
Wait, no, that sounds pretty conceited. Let me rephrase:
It's not in dispute that the Northeast has a massive activity deficit – there is still an Assembly seat which will be left unfilled if we don't get another candidate. The election is now, basically.
The Mideast, meanwhile, had twice as many candidates as seats – and (as has been pretty well demonstrated) even with three (four now) having left the region, has no shortage of active people to fill any vacancies.

Besides that, I feel like I've done what I set out for. I've proposed pretty much everything I was going to, and I'd much rather see someone bring in new ideas than continue as a "zombie legislator" who picks apart others' proposals while not making any of my own. (Yes, we've had that. Quite too often.)
It's worth noting that I pledged in my PM campaign that I wouldn't "outlive my usefulness."

So… what can you expect from me as a Northeast Assemblyperson? First of all, I would push a few proposals similar to ones I've introduced in the Mideast – specifically, an expansion of public transportation, a secret ballot, and something about prostitution (depending on how the initiative turns out, ofc). Besides that, look for proposals on the environment and obesity, among others.
I also pledge to keep improving the wiki. (speaking of which, I added another two sessions to the legislative records, and will keep updating them in the future, although only at the end of each session)

tl;dr I'm moving to the Northeast to improve the activity balance and I'll do mostly the same things as I did in the Mideast.

Also, I'd like to respond to Inks:
So... is there an objection to holding off on this?  Especially now that the bill's sponsor has decided to jump regions immediately after being elected...
Immediately? I've been in the Assembly for about half a term. And introduced more bills than the other four Assemblymen combined, not to mention more than any Assemblyperson since Wiggly in the Assembly session of July-September 2012.
Besides, I gave Messrs ZuWo and Cathcon advance notice, so it is not as if I just irresponsibly disappeared from my job or something.

(yes, there was a reason I didn't even preference the guy...)
Inks can time travel now…? Engle help us all. Grin
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2013, 08:10:19 AM »

Endorsed.  The Assembly could use some new faces. Smiley
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2013, 07:12:03 AM »

Thank you, people of the Northeast, for putting your trust in me. You won't regret it.

Here's a (very basic) timeline of what I'm planning to do over the next session:

next Monday :·:
next week (or two) :·:
after that :·:
Transit Reform. This will be an improved version of the bill I introduced in the Mideast.
creation of a wiki page listing Northeast Statutes by category.
other bills based on what I have learned creating the wiki page.
There will definitely be an environmental protection bill and a prostitution reform bill
(although the exact form of that one will depend on how my initiative goes)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2013, 12:53:25 AM »

A Bill to Commemorate Atlasia's Greatest Citizen · failed · Would have commemorated John Engle, Eternal Governor of All Atlasia's States and Regions (duh).
freedom fighters: 豚FLY/a Person · Gass3268
anti-People scumbags: Oldiesfreak1854 · shua · Inks.LWC

Hey, man... just because you apparently hate lesbians doesn't mean I have to go along with it.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2013, 02:17:39 PM »

Please keep your hateful & absurd rhetoric out of my office. Smiley
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2013, 10:18:15 AM »
« Edited: August 16, 2013, 10:20:42 AM by n/e rep butafly »

Hello, people of the Northeast! Please consider giving me your confidence for another two months.

Despite some outside factors, I think I've succeeded in being an active Assemblyman -- I haven't missed any votes, proposed a few bills myself, and successfully fought for a fairer tax structure.

So… if you support progressive ideals like protecting workers' rights and common-sense game reform, you should probably support me as well. Smiley
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2013, 08:33:41 PM »

What does "common-sense game reform" entail?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2013, 12:57:06 AM »

Well, "common-sense" generally means something close to "practical". I support efforts at game reform that would (in my opinion) practically improve the game.

Some examples are the new Cabinet Amendment and the sliding-scale Assembly. (and I truly believe that a five-region Atlasia is workable if all the regions have sliding-scale legislatures).
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2013, 02:34:35 AM »

Well, "common-sense" generally means something close to "practical". I support efforts at game reform that would (in my opinion) practically improve the game.

Some examples are the new Cabinet Amendment and the sliding-scale Assembly. (and I truly believe that a five-region Atlasia is workable if all the regions have sliding-scale legislatures).

If the Cabinet Amendment is common sense, then how is eliminating the LG common sense? Like you just backed the Cabinet Amendment and previously backed eliminating the LG -- you can't have both.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2013, 04:10:34 AM »

If the Cabinet Amendment is common sense, then how is eliminating the LG common sense? Like you just backed the Cabinet Amendment and previously backed eliminating the LG -- you can't have both.

I don't see why not…? As I've said before, the Cabinet Amendment isn't good on the LG issue, but its good parts outweigh that easily.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2013, 01:25:46 AM »

Does trying to run a region when you're not a citizen of that region count as "common-sense" and "practical"?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2013, 11:41:08 AM »

Does trying to run a region when you're not a citizen of that region count as "common-sense" and "practical"?
What are you talking about, exactly?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2013, 02:05:44 PM »

I would also be curious to know what the birthday boy is talking about.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2013, 10:32:51 PM »

Remember when Superique became dictator of the pacific?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2013, 02:45:50 PM »

How does that come anywhere near "running a region"?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2013, 05:49:42 PM »

When Tyrannical Tom over here decided that he could hold elections in the Pacific to reinstate a new government.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2013, 06:09:23 PM »

How does that come anywhere near "running a region"?
Idk I'm just saying that is what they're talking about.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2013, 03:38:58 AM »

When Tyrannical Tom over here decided that he could hold elections in the Pacific to reinstate a new government.

I've explained the reasoning behind it, and the reason why I ultimately abandoned the plan. That should be enough for any sane Atlasian.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2013, 12:08:13 PM »

Hi guys, I've introduced another new feature to the wiki! Here you can see a list of Northeast statutes broken down by category. It is not quite finished -- tomorrow I will categorise the pre-Assembly stuff and maybe add some subcategorisation (because tbh it could probably use that) -- but I kind of needed a break. Tongue

Hope y'all find this useful!
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2013, 01:56:15 PM »

Hi guys, I've introduced another new feature to the wiki! Here you can see a list of Northeast statutes broken down by category. It is not quite finished -- tomorrow I will categorise the pre-Assembly stuff and maybe add some subcategorisation (because tbh it could probably use that) -- but I kind of needed a break. Tongue

Hope y'all find this useful!

This is excellent, you've also earned my endorsement FYI.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2013, 01:28:49 AM »

It's time for a town hall!

If y'all have any questions or comments for me, post 'em now!
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2013, 02:14:45 PM »

It's time for a town hall!

If y'all have any questions or comments for me, post 'em now!

Extended another two days on the off chance someone has a question for me.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies