House passes farm bill, eliminating Food Stamps
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 07:50:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  House passes farm bill, eliminating Food Stamps
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: House passes farm bill, eliminating Food Stamps  (Read 7794 times)
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2013, 11:15:20 PM »

house gop leaders (read: eric cantor) still insisting on southerland amendment to the nutrition title.

hopefully that nonsense wont get out of conference (or pass the senate if it survives conference).  obama has issued veto threats, but i dont trust him.  he would likely sign it and then issue a press release talking about how bad the bill is.

That sounds like Obama without any future elections to answer to.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2013, 12:29:34 PM »

http://m.nypost.com/p/news/local/isle_take_that_welfare_scam_VBsTspIxia2GA9o2oS505L

Food-stamp fraud in New York has turned into foreign aid — to black-market profiteers in the Dominican Republic.

Last week, The Post revealed how New Yorkers on welfare are buying food with their benefit cards and shipping it in blue barrels to poor relatives in the Caribbean.

But not everyone is giving the taxpayer-funded fare to starving children abroad. The Post last week found two people hawking barrels of American products for a profit on the streets of Santiago.

Clearly we can't cut a pittance out of this expensive wasteful program.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2013, 05:59:41 PM »
« Edited: November 18, 2013, 11:15:19 PM by True Federalist »

Apparently slate found another food stamp recipient who is able to mooch $15-$20 an hour. They also grossly botched basic arithmetic, but that's nothing new. Oh, and they drink Kool-aid.

Debra: Yes, I’ve thought about it, and my daughter is also considering it. But my food stamps, rent, VA compensation, and social security would be affected. I’d have to make a lot of money to overcome all the reductions, something like $15 to $20 an hour.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2013, 06:22:56 PM »

Pass Food Stamps in another bill. Problem solved.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2013, 11:16:02 PM »
« Edited: November 18, 2013, 11:17:51 PM by True Federalist »

Apparently slate found another food stamp recipient who is able to mooch $15-$20 an hour. They also grossly botched basic arithmetic, but that's nothing new. Oh, and they drink Kool-aid.

Debra: Yes, I’ve thought about it, and my daughter is also considering it. But my food stamps, rent, VA compensation, and social security would be affected. I’d have to make a lot of money to overcome all the reductions, something like $15 to $20 an hour.

I won't stoop to agreeing with Krazen, but that article does not present Debra as a very sympathetic figure. She says she's on disability but never explains how she's disabled. Her 21 year old daughter lives with her but doesn't work; not sure what's going on there. And her whole attitude is just very passive and lackadaisical. If Republicans wanted to put food stamps on trial, she would be an excellent prosecution witness.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2013, 11:27:29 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

If she's getting twice weekly mental health appointments, I think it's fairly clear why she's on disability.  Whether she should be on disability, I won't be arrogant enough to diagnose via a magazine article.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2013, 12:13:23 AM »

I won't stoop to agreeing with Krazen, but that article does not present Debra as a very sympathetic figure. She says she's on disability but never explains how she's disabled. Her 21 year old daughter lives with her but doesn't work; not sure what's going on there. And her whole attitude is just very passive and lackadaisical. If Republicans wanted to put food stamps on trial, she would be an excellent prosecution witness.

The 21 year old is apparently counting down the days until she becomes a 22 year old, upon which time she apparently can put on her big boy pants and collect full scale free money courtesy of the hard working men and women of the United States.

What an amazing thing to aspire to be.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2013, 12:17:25 AM »

Well in a healthy diet, water is quite sufficient, especially if you have food you want to enjoy rather than wash down.

How boring!
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2013, 12:18:41 AM »

The 21 year old is apparently counting down the days until she becomes a 22 year old, upon which time she apparently can put on her big boy pants and collect full scale free money courtesy of the hard working men and women of the United States.

Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2013, 12:25:36 AM »
« Edited: November 19, 2013, 12:35:22 AM by True Federalist »

What's amazing is that you think you know what someone thinks based on third-hand knowledge of their circumstances.  The reporter didn't even interview the girl, probably because she had more sense than her mother of what the probable response to the article would be.  Also, the girl certainly won't be getting VA benefits (unless she signs up to defend our country as her patriot mother did) and I doubt she'll be getting SSI disability, so if living low on the mechanically processed pork is what she thinks she will do come age 22, I expect she will find herself gravely mistaken.  For that the matter, Debra says explicitly in the article that her daughter wants to get a job but that she has been discouraging her because of the effect on Debra's benefits.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #110 on: November 19, 2013, 12:29:14 AM »

Krazenworld: Where anecdotes favorable to one's biased misconceptions about the poor represent the more complex statistical reality

This is of course krazen's favorite way of manipulating people whether or not the anecdote in question has a speck of truth to it.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2013, 12:33:19 AM »

Well in a healthy diet, water is quite sufficient, especially if you have food you want to enjoy rather than wash down.

How boring!

Not quite as boring as I find your schtick.  On the other hand, I don't have a condition where my doctor recommends I drink more than when eating meals.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2013, 12:34:09 AM »

Who is this fellow and does he collect not one, not two, not three, but four forms of welfare?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2013, 12:37:11 AM »

Who is this fellow and does he collect not one, not two, not three, but four forms of welfare?

So now VA benefits are welfare?  So much for Republicans supporting the troops.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2013, 12:47:00 AM »

krazen if you find this stuff so outrageous, why not just quit your job and live the life of luxury that below-poverty-level government benefits provide?
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2013, 12:49:21 AM »

krazen if you find this stuff so outrageous, why not just quit your job and live the life of luxury that below-poverty-level government benefits provide?

America is already overburdened by leeches.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2013, 12:50:00 AM »

Its a meme called "Scumbag Steve." Ah, I forgot you weren't very savvy when it comes to pop/meme culture. I suppose that tends to happen when you live in a neat little bubble. Anyway, the meme is often used to call out hypocrites.

In real life, its sounds like he goes to school and works. Of course, ill-informed people like you would very much like to label him otherwise based on superficial criteria.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #117 on: November 19, 2013, 12:53:23 AM »

That would actually be number 5, even if you charitably referred to a nurse as a member of the troops. Number 4 is whatever sad sap got stuck paying for the astonishing medical cost of twice a week individual therapy.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #118 on: November 19, 2013, 12:56:21 AM »

Its a meme called "Scumbag Steve." Ah, I forgot you weren't very savvy when it comes to pop/meme culture. I suppose that tends to happen when you live in a neat little bubble. Anyway, the meme is often used to call out hypocrites.

In real life, its sounds like he goes to school and works. Of course, ill-informed people like you would very much like to label him otherwise based on superficial criteria.

Curious reference. Especially as this individual actively keeps an adult daughter out of work in order to keep the taxpayer spigot pumping the Koolaid.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #119 on: November 19, 2013, 01:01:25 AM »

to keep the taxpayer spigot pumping the Koolaid.

your playful and nonsensical mixing of metaphors is entrancing
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #120 on: November 19, 2013, 01:08:37 AM »

Krazen, you are a sad, pathetic excuse for a human being.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #121 on: November 19, 2013, 01:08:43 AM »

Curious reference. Especially as this individual actively keeps an adult daughter out of work in order to keep the taxpayer spigot pumping the Koolaid.

Well, anyway, you just proved the point of my meme:

You just love labeling people, don't you?

I don't see why you don't just drop this act. I mean, when I go over to RRH, I see that you usually post well-informed comments. Yet, when you come over here, you're an inflammatory partisan troll. Its a really odd disconnect. Do you just like the attention?

Why can't you just grow up? Thats what bugs me the most about you. You're a smart guy and could be a good poster, yet all you want to do is bash the poor and talk about how every other poster here is dumb liberal. Its really a shame.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #122 on: November 19, 2013, 01:21:13 AM »

That would actually be number 5, even if you charitably referred to a nurse as a member of the troops. Number 4 is whatever sad sap got stuck paying for the astonishing medical cost of twice a week individual therapy.

I don't know who the sad sap is but I know who the a-hole - a blue PA avatar whose name is not Phil. Go ahead and ridicule a woman who served in the armed forces, whether she saw combat or not, which is something you certainly never have done, and who may have a serious condition like PTSD or schizophrenia. I would gladly put some money toward some individual therapy for you if it would deal with the fact that you're a f$%&ing sociopath.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #123 on: November 19, 2013, 01:24:35 AM »
« Edited: November 19, 2013, 01:29:27 AM by True Federalist »

Well, anyway, you just proved the point of my meme:

You just love labeling people, don't you?

I don't see why you don't just drop this act. I mean, when I go over to RRH, I see that you usually post well-informed comments. Yet, when you come over here, you're an inflammatory partisan troll. Its a really odd disconnect. Do you just like the attention?

Why can't you just grow up? Thats what bugs me the most about you. You're a smart guy and could be a good poster, yet all you want to do is bash the poor and talk about how every other poster here is dumb liberal. Its really a shame.

It is bizarre to get upset about the obvious answer to the question that was asked. This is the land of opportunity. I know my parents and I didn't come here to sit on the government dole.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2013, 01:25:53 AM »

You have a lot of nerve.  Of course, you've probably never had to serve a day in the military and have literally no idea what it's like.  I say this as someone whose uncle served as a nurse during Vietnam and had to shoot some poor sucker most every day.  You have no idea what members of our armed services endure every minute of their lives in the service and you have no idea how lucky you are to have the freedom to spout off the nonsense that you do.

Why don't you just be honest with yourself and say that you hate this country and everyone living in it?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies