Porce News Network: October 2005
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 06:16:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Porce News Network: October 2005
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Author Topic: Porce News Network: October 2005  (Read 17723 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: October 17, 2005, 04:47:14 PM »

October 17, 2005

In the News, 10/17
Pikeville, PA -- Presidential Candidate LiberalPA has returned to the campaign trail after a short absence due to technical problems with his campaign equipment.

New York, NY -- Northeast Governor EarlAW announced his choice for Northeast Judicial Officer to replace Max Power (who is now Lieutenant Governor):  bullmoose88, a citizen residing in Pennsylvania.  Although there is no confirmation process in the Northeast, Northeast residents appear to be happy with the nomination.

Dallas, TX -- The National Rifle Association announced its endorsements today, the major one being the presidential endorsement.  The ticket of Emsworth and Q, both of whom are members of the Association, received the NRA's top endorsement; in Senatorial races, Colin Wixted, True Independent, Jake, DanielX, and MasterJedi received endorsements; for Southeast Governor, Bono was endorsed.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #226 on: October 17, 2005, 04:48:35 PM »

Oh s***... forgot to vote in that... Sad
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #227 on: October 17, 2005, 06:13:33 PM »

That's fine. Naso made those comments with full knowledge that he had the possibility of being recorded.

And that still has no relation to the forum whatsoever.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #228 on: October 17, 2005, 07:46:19 PM »

That's fine. Naso made those comments with full knowledge that he had the possibility of being recorded.

Except the forum community finding them hilarious.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #229 on: October 17, 2005, 07:58:33 PM »

Except the forum community finding them hilarious.

And I'm sure we could find some hilarious stuff in your past. I hate how people on this forum think they are entitled to this stuff. Grow the hell up. It has no place here.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #230 on: October 17, 2005, 07:59:22 PM »

October 16, 2005

Network Media Exchange Program File #1

Direct Link (Preferably, right-click and "Save As")

Item:  Joe Republic/Defarge Ad
Author:  Senator True Independent
Format:  Windows Media Video (*.wmv)
Size:  2.6 Megabytes

This ad is not endorsed or rejected in any way by the network.  It is paid for by Friends of Joe Republic and Non-Failers of Atlasia.

Just bumping this.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #231 on: October 17, 2005, 08:10:47 PM »

And I'm sure we could find some hilarious stuff in your past. I hate how people on this forum think they are entitled to this stuff. Grow the hell up. It has no place here.

Really Phil, you're free to find whatever dirt in my past you want to bring up. I'm sure we'll all get a laugh about it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #232 on: October 17, 2005, 08:19:05 PM »

Really Phil, you're free to find whatever dirt in my past you want to bring up. I'm sure we'll all get a laugh about it.

Yet you continue to miss the point that what you say off this forum about stuff that's not related to the forum does not belong here. If this kid wants to discuss this stuff in Teamspeak, a totally seperate area, let him be. Don't bring it here.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #233 on: October 17, 2005, 10:17:36 PM »

Yet you continue to miss the point that what you say off this forum about stuff that's not related to the forum does not belong here. If this kid wants to discuss this stuff in Teamspeak, a totally seperate area, let him be. Don't bring it here.

Wow, you need to take a chill pill.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #234 on: October 18, 2005, 02:03:46 AM »

October 18, 2005

Interview with Senator MasterJedi
PNN interviews Mideast Senator MasterJedi, who is running for re-election this weekend against Former Senator Akno21.

Ebowed:  Senator MasterJedi, thank you for joining me today.

Senator MasterJedi:  No problem Ebowed, glad to be here today.

Ebowed:  Why do you believe you are the best qualified candidate for the Mideast in this race?

Senator MasterJedi:  I have served well in the Senate these past 6 months and have missed few votes along with being a strong environmentalist voice in the Senate.

Ebowed:  You have shown liberal tendencies on issues such as the environment, space research funding, euthanasia, and Puerto Rico statehood.  Can you assure to the conservative ACA/CUP base that you are not a liberal?

Senator MasterJedi:  Well they can look at some of my views on other issues. I oppose most abortions and gay marraige, but would allow civil unions. I wouldn't mind there being a time for prayer in school along as no one is forced to do so or partake in any way. And I would like the pledge to stay the way it was with "Under God" still in it.

Ebowed:  In your time in the Senate so far, how have you worked to advance the people of the Mideast?

Senator MasterJedi:  From memory right now I can't think of anything, besides my environmental bills that help everyone, that specifically help the people of the Mideast. I did vote for the revision of CAFTA that might help ensure manufacturing jobs in Ohio and Michigan.

Ebowed:  What is one positive quality about your opponent?

Senator MasterJedi:  He's a very nice person if you talk to him. He doesn't attack or swear at you for no reason. So I'll say it again, he's a great guy.

Ebowed:  Do you support the Right to Life Amendment?

Senator MasterJedi:  Yes I do support this. Normally I'd leave this up to the regions but with an amendment the regions get to decide this if the Senate passes it.

Ebowed:  Do you support the minimum wage?  Do you think it should be a federal or a regional issue?

Senator MasterJedi:  I support a minimum wage but it would have to stay the way it was, no raising it. I think it should be a regional issue though with each region's citizens deciding what they want it to be.

Ebowed:  What do you consider your greatest accomplishment in the Senate so far?

Senator MasterJedi:  I would have to say getting some of the bills I introduced past. The Atlasian National Parks and Wetlands Acts along with the Perscription Drug Reimportation Act.

Ebowed:  Who do you support for President and why?

Senator MasterJedi:  My first preference will be Dubya. He's a strong conservative that will bring new ideas to the Presidency. He's also just a nice guy which makes my vote that much easier.

Ebowed:  What is your greatest concern for the Mideast?

Senator MasterJedi:  Right now the greatest concern for the Mideast, and all of Atlasia is heating costs for homes. They're shooting up now and people will have to pay and arm and a leg to heat they're homes.

Ebowed:  Where you stand on economic issues such as social security reform, federally funded artwork, and farm subsidies?

Senator MasterJedi:  I favor True Independents idea of reforming social security and if the test run that's in effect now succeeds I'll support fully reforming the system. As for the artwork I'd support a rather large cut but I would still like for the places to recieve a tiny amount of federal help. As for farm subsidies I support removing all subsidies on the "mega-farms" while keeping or even possibly raising a little the subsidies on the family owned farms.

Ebowed:  What is your basic foreign policy philosophy?

Senator MasterJedi:  I believe that we should take a hard line on regimes that sponsor terror to murder and take advantage of they're citizens and we should try and encourage other countries to do so with us. Depending on the country we could place economic sanctions on them and put pressure on the governments to step down or change.

Ebowed:  How should we balance civil liberties and fighting terrorism?

Senator MasterJedi:  I think we have a good balance right now. When the federal government suspects someone is a terrorist or harboring them they should be able to snoop a little more if there is clear and present danger. If nothing turns up and the person is found clear everything should stop and the files deleted to protect that person.

Ebowed:  What is your stance on gun rights?

Senator MasterJedi:  I beleive that all people shoud be able to have almost any type of gun except for the really high power assault rifles and major explosive devices. And people should be allowed to protect themsevles, they're family and proporty from outside threats. Other than that the only thing I support is mandatory triggor locks but everything else is fine.

Ebowed:  Do you support Atlasian withdrawal from the United Nations?

Senator MasterJedi:  Yes I do support that because it gives Atlasia back it's soverignty. I have also co-sponsored the bill.

Ebowed:  Senator MasterJedi, thank you for joining me today.

Senator MasterJedi:  Again, no problem Ebowed, glad to be here today.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #235 on: October 20, 2005, 04:15:43 AM »

October 20, 2005

Interview with Governor Bono
PNN interviews Southeast Governor Bono, who is running for re-election against TCash101 this weekend.

Ebowed:  Governor Bono, thank you for joining me today.

Governor Bono:  Thank you. I appreciate the chance to be here.

Ebowed:  What do you believe is the most important issue in this election?

Governor Bono:  I believe the most important issue is the passage of my reform package.  These reforms would boost the Southeastern economy by giving us a competitive advantage over other regions, mking us very attractive for business, which can only lead to economic growth.

Ebowed:  You have received the endorsements of the National Rifle Association and the Right to Life League.  If given another term, will you carry out pro-gun and pro-life policies?

Governor Bono:  I believe my past record shows I will.  I have proposed initiatives to facilitate concealed carry for our citizens, and I am planning in the next term to introduce a Vermont-style concealed carry law.  As for pro-life, given the great amound of citizen activity in this area, I have only needed to propose one pro-life initiative, but I have given my support to initiatives protecting the right to life.  But I introduced the amending euthanasia ban inintiative, in order to clarify some obscure points in the original one.

Ebowed:  Out of the initiatives you proposed this month, what do you believe is the most important to the well-being of the Southeast?

Governor Bono:  I believe the single most important one is the School Choice Initiative.  For years our poorer students have been trapped in unproductive schools, where they have to fight to stay alive, since no one is willing to mantain order.  I propose to end this order of affairs by instituting school choice.  This, unlike what my opponent is saying, is not privatization.  I will not close any public schools, since I don't even have power over what school districts do.  It is merely giving everyone a choice. I don't know how anyone, except one that is interested in keeping the poor poor, could oppose this.

Ebowed:  What is one positive quality about your opponent?

Governor Bono:  He doesn't want to impose any gun control measures on the Southeast. That alone gives him value in my book.

Ebowed:  What do you consider your greatest achievement during your last term?

Governor Bono:  My greatest achievement during my last term was undoubtely proposing and getting passed the Southeastern Bill of Rights.  I think, modesty aside, that now our region is the one better protecting its citizens from governmental intrusions.  My only regret is not having anticipated the eventual potential for judicial activism the "born free and equal" clause might have contained.  I hope that can be rectified this election.

Ebowed:  What do you view as the greatest responsibility of any Governor?

Governor Bono:  The greatest responsibility of any governor should be to defend a region's sovereignity against the hunger for power of the federal government.  If left unchecked, the feds will take over everything and rend regions useless, creating an alienated from the people, centralized monster.  I believed I have been successful in fulfiling that responsibility, by defending my region's rights in the senate, when the federal government's powers over regions were proposed to be increased.

Ebowed:  Why do you believe you will do a better job at this than your opponent?

Governor Bono:  I still have a package of additional reforms to present in my next term.  I believe it is of vital importance that these reforms are passed.   The reason I have not presented them yet in this term is that they will still take some work to take to their more perfect form.  I have even asked for the help of citizens to some cases, but unfortunately, there wasn't much participation.

Ebowed:  How did you, as Governor, work with other Governors to help citizens affected by Hurricane Katrina?

Governor Bono:  When Katrina stuck, I asked for the help of other Governors, which readily responded to my call. I could do no less than whoeheartedly thank them, and promise help in return in case some sort of disaster would happen in their regions, which I of course don't wish to happen. I, of course, would help them regardless.

Ebowed:  What do you believe is the Southeast's greatest quality?

Governor Bono:  I believe the Southeast's greatest quality is its people. From the mountains to the plains, a southeastern is always friendly, eager to help and especially hospitable.  I believe, with such a great people, the Southeast can do nothing but progress towards freedom and prosperity.

Ebowed:  How would you summarize your basic philosophy in politics?

Governor Bono:  My philosophy is one of opposition to cohecion. I believe it is wrong to initiate force, and all my political positions are derived from there.

Ebowed:  What is your opinion on the Asbestos Ban Bill and the Save the Fine Arts Bill, both of which are currently on the Senate floor?

Governor Bono:  I view the Asbetos Ban Bill as unconstitutional, and one that could risk the lives of thousands of firemen across the country, being motivated by nothing more than alarmism and the sort of good intentions that pave the road to hell. The fine arts bill is also unconstitutional, and what's more, totally frivolous, since it reverses an act passed only a few weeks before.

Ebowed:  What is your opinion on this weekend's Presidential race?

Governor Bono:  I think unfortunately there aren't that many good candidates, and that most of them seem too keen on transforming the presidency into an elected monarchy.  I am opposed to intents to subvert the separation of powers.

Ebowed:  Governor Bono, thank you for your time today, and good luck this weekend.

Governor Bono:  Thank you for this opportunity, and thanks.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #236 on: October 20, 2005, 06:48:57 AM »

Putting this here because of the 10,000 character limit (ran out of room on first page).

ARCHIVED ELECTION DATA AND POLLING
* October 2005 DemoChoice Presidential Poll #2 (October 14, 2005)
* Pacific Vote on Affirmative Action Abolition Act (October 13, 2005)
* Pacific Vote on Protection of Commerce in Arms Act (October 13, 2005)
* President/VP, Cabinet, Supreme Court Approval Ratings (October 9, 2005)
* October 2005 Poll #4 Results (October 9, 2005)
* Progressive Caucus Chairmanship Election (October 8, 2005)
* Northeast Gubernatorial/Lt. Gubernatorial Election (October 7, 2005)
* October 2005 DemoChoice Presidential Poll #1 (October 5, 2005)
* Pacific Vote on Minimum Wage Act (October 5, 2005)
* Pacific Ratification of LRPCR Amendment (October 4, 2005)
* Northeast Ratification of LRPCR Amendment (October 3, 2005)
* Mideast Ratification of LRPCR Amendment (October 3, 2005)
* Midwest Ratification of LRPCR Amendment (October 3, 2005)
* Southeast Ratification of LRPCR Amendment (October 3, 2005)
* CAFTA, Declaration of Candidacy Nationwide Polls (September 29, 2005)
* October 2005 Poll #3 Results (September 29, 2005)
* Northeast Vote on Euthanasia Proposition (September 27, 2005)
* Pacific Lieutenant Gubernatorial Race (September 27, 2005)
* Independent Liberal Party Vote on Convention Location (September 24, 2005)
* Pacific Vote on Third Trimester Abortion Ban Act (September 24, 2005)
* Northeast Vote on Amendment & Minimum Wage Act (September 21, 2005)
* October 2005 Poll #2 Results (September 20, 2005)
* Midwest Ratification of Adding States Amendment (September 17, 2005)
* Southeast Lt. Gubernatorial and Referenda Election (September 16, 2005)
* Mideast Gubernatorial Election and Votes on Referenda (September 16, 2005)
* Pacific Vote on Amending Proposed Abortion Law Again (September 15, 2005)
* October 2005 Poll #1 Results (September 10, 2005)
* Pacific Vote on Amending Proposed Abortion Law (September 9, 2005)
* Northeast Vote on Northeast Region Symbols Act (September 8, 2005)
* Ebowed News Network August 2005 Thread (September 8, 2005)
* Ebowed News Network Discussion Thread for D4 Special Election (August 4th, 2005)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies