Democratic Primary Race / Endorsement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 05:10:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Primary Race / Endorsement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Democratic Primary Race / Endorsement  (Read 29374 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2004, 08:07:43 PM »

CNN:

AFDNC Chairman David Holland has announced that he will support, once and for all, Christopher Michael for the Democratic nomination.  Stay tuned for details.
<shakes head in disappointment>
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2004, 08:25:48 PM »

Don't be dissapointed.  I am the one that is dissapointed, believe me.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2004, 08:26:19 PM »

In what?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2004, 08:27:24 PM »

In what?
Once I get things cleared up, I will anounce what exactly what I mean.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2004, 08:27:47 PM »

In what?

Thank you. Smiley
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2004, 01:42:54 AM »

In what?
Why are you disappointed? I need you to support me 100%.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2004, 08:09:47 PM »

**BREAKING NEWS**

Newsreader: And now for some breaking news. Congressman Michael Zeigermann has officially endorsed Miamiu for the second round of the Democratic primaries.

(cut to Michael Zeigermann holding a press conference in, erm, London or Washington DC, we're not quite sure.)

Zeigermann: I would like to announce my endorsement for Miamiu. As controversial as this may seem given my initial endorsement of Nym90, I would like to point out that Miamiu was my first preferred choice at the start of the reason, and that he had indeed rebuked an initial attempt on my behalf to draft him for the primaries. It is for these two reasons that my endorsement is in fact consistent with my stance throughout this campaign.

(Suddenly Nym90, out of nowhere, lunges at Zeigermann, screaming "Traitor! Traitor!" amidst shrieks and yelps by the audience.)

(Cut back to the studio.)

More news on that story as we get them.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2004, 08:41:40 PM »

**BREAKING NEWS**

Newsreader: And now for some breaking news. Congressman Michael Zeigermann has officially endorsed Miamiu for the second round of the Democratic primaries.

(cut to Michael Zeigermann holding a press conference in, erm, London or Washington DC, we're not quite sure.)

Zeigermann: I would like to announce my endorsement for Miamiu. As controversial as this may seem given my initial endorsement of Nym90, I would like to point out that Miamiu was my first preferred choice at the start of the reason, and that he had indeed rebuked an initial attempt on my behalf to draft him for the primaries. It is for these two reasons that my endorsement is in fact consistent with my stance throughout this campaign.

(Suddenly Nym90, out of nowhere, lunges at Zeigermann, screaming "Traitor! Traitor!" amidst shrieks and yelps by the audience.)

(Cut back to the studio.)

More news on that story as we get them.
Thank you Mike.  We need everyone we can get as I am tied with Nym.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2004, 09:12:24 PM »

This is WJTV News--Jackson, MS, talking to vice-presidential candidate Harry currently campaigning in Arkansas.

WJTV Reporter--How is the campaigning coming, Harry?

Harry--I think it's coming well.  I've been campaigning for Nym90 and myself throughout the South and will continue to do so.

WJTV Reporter--Do you think yall will win the nomination.

Harry--I'd say it's not as certain as it was several days ago, but I'd still say we have a good shot.

WJTV Reporter--Why do you say that?

Harry--Well, Midgrendel and Miamiu are both farther to the left than us.  I believe Southerners especially do not want anyone too liberal.

WJTV Reporter--Are you surprised that Michael Zeigermann has switched sides and is now endorsing Miamiu?

Harry--I'm very sad to hear that, but I think we can still have the support to win the nomination.  I echo Nym90's feelings, and I myself perhaps would have lunged at him also <laughs>.

WJTV Reporter--Well thank you for your time, Harry.  I see you are campaigning in Tennessee tomorrow.  If there is breaking news, we will catch up to you there.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2004, 09:16:24 PM »

This is WJTV News--Jackson, MS, talking to vice-presidential candidate Harry currently campaigning in Arkansas.

WJTV Reporter--How is the campaigning coming, Harry?

Harry--I think it's coming well.  I've been campaigning for Nym90 and myself throughout the South and will continue to do so.

WJTV Reporter--Do you think yall will win the nomination.

Harry--I'd say it's not as certain as it was several days ago, but I'd still say we have a good shot.

WJTV Reporter--Why do you say that?

Harry--Well, Midgrendel and Miamiu are both farther to the left than us.  I believe Southerners especially do not want anyone too liberal.

WJTV Reporter--Are you surprised that Michael Zeigermann has switched sides and is now endorsing Miamiu?

Harry--I'm very sad to hear that, but I think we can still have the support to win the nomination.  I echo Nym90's feelings, and I myself perhaps would have lunged at him also <laughs>.

WJTV Reporter--Well thank you for your time, Harry.  I see you are campaigning in Tennessee tomorrow.  If there is breaking news, we will catch up to you there.
I am NOT further to the left than Nym90.  Stop pulling things out of your hat, I do not appreciate it.  For I do not do it to you.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2004, 09:24:23 PM »

I am NOT further to the left than Nym90.  Stop pulling things out of your hat, I do not appreciate it.  For I do not do it to you.
I apologize if I offended you.
I honestly thought you were.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2004, 09:32:52 PM »

Apology accepted.
But DON'T draw conclusions on me for your silly little interviews.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2004, 09:34:51 PM »

Apology accepted.
But DON'T draw conclusions on me for your silly little interviews.
So there will not be any confusion, will you post your stance on some issues, so no one will ever make similar error again?
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2004, 09:38:55 PM »

CNN Breaking News

Congressman Nclib to endorse Migrendel for Atlas President

Raleigh, NC--Congressman Nclib (D-NC) has decided to endorse Massachusetts Congressman Migrendel for the Democratic nomination for Atlas President. Mr. Nclib, a staunch liberal, feels that Migrendel best represents his views.

"When I consider the 3 candidates, I see 3 wonderful leaders. But only Mr. Migrendel best shares my progressive commitment to civil liberties, women's rights, social programs, and pacifism. He brings great passion to this forum."

Analysts say Nclib's endorsement could soften criticism that a New England liberal like Migrendel is unelectable in the South. The rest of North Carolina's Democratic delegation has yet to decide though Mel Watt is said to be leaning towards AFDNC Chairman MiamiU (a New York resident) and Bob Etheridge is rumored to be supporting Michigan Senator Nym90.

Nclib also says that he will support whoever the Democratic nominee is in the general election.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2004, 09:45:46 PM »

Sure thing buddy.

Abortion: Pro-choice in first three months, against partial-birth abortion and late-term abortion with exception for maternal health.

Gay Rights: Grant civil marraiges and adoptions, do not force churces to have ceremonies.

Confederate Flag: States' choice wheteher to display flag at state capitals.

Crime: No three strikes laws, opposed to death penalty in all cases.

Guns: stricter gun control laws, child safety locks (not for officers such as policemen)

Education: Strengthen public school system, provide college education for those who qualify.

Foreign Policy: No pre-emptive war, unless a UN coalition is build (like with Bush41 in Kuwait and Clinton with Milosevic)

Defense/ Homeland security: Cut Defense Budget (336B) by 5%

Taxes: High taxes on rich, and gradually lower with income

Anything else?

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2004, 09:54:31 PM »

Ah, the Confederate flag.  I live in a state with the Confederate flag in the corner of our state flag.
Personally, I do not agree with it at all.  I believe it to be a symbol that offends many people.  If people want to display it personally, they can go ahead, but the flag of a racist country that rebelled from the United States of America is not an appropriate symbol to display at a state courthouse or on a state flag.
Unfortunately only about 1/4 of Mississippians agree with me.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2004, 10:01:29 PM »

CNN Breaking News

Congressman Nclib to endorse Migrendel for Atlas President

Raleigh, NC--Congressman Nclib (D-NC) has decided to endorse Massachusetts Congressman Migrendel for the Democratic nomination for Atlas President. Mr. Nclib, a staunch liberal, feels that Migrendel best represents his views.

"When I consider the 3 candidates, I see 3 wonderful leaders. But only Mr. Migrendel best shares my progressive commitment to civil liberties, women's rights, social programs, and pacifism. He brings great passion to this forum."

Analysts say Nclib's endorsement could soften criticism that a New England liberal like Migrendel is unelectable in the South. The rest of North Carolina's Democratic delegation has yet to decide though Mel Watt is said to be leaning towards AFDNC Chairman MiamiU (a New York resident) and Bob Etheridge is rumored to be supporting Michigan Senator Nym90.

Nclib also says that he will support whoever the Democratic nominee is in the general election.
Cast your vote for Migrendel at chadwickp10@aol.com
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2004, 10:55:50 PM »

I'd like to thank Nclib for his endorsement. In addition, would you be interested in being Vice President?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2004, 11:41:02 PM »

Well, I don't see how you are more to the middle than I am, MiamiU. I agree with all of the positions that you stated. Perhaps there are other differences?
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2004, 09:05:12 AM »

Well, I don't see how you are more to the middle than I am, MiamiU. I agree with all of the positions that you stated. Perhaps there are other differences?
There's no way he would be more middle of the road, MiamiU is certainly more to the left than you, Nym90. That's one of the reasons you have my Endorsement and Blessing. Don't abandon your more moderate stances once nominated, then elected. Because, if you do, I will hold news conference asking the people's forgiveness for my error in supporting you.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2004, 09:41:54 AM »
« Edited: January 11, 2004, 09:42:05 AM by Harry »

There's no way he would be more middle of the road, MiamiU is certainly more to the left than you, Nym90. That's one of the reasons you have my Endorsement and Blessing. Don't abandon your more moderate stances once nominated, then elected. Because, if you do, I will hold news conference asking the people's forgiveness for my error in supporting you.
So I was correct in my originial assesment . . . . Smiley
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2004, 01:13:49 PM »

What original assessment are you referring to Harry? Please elaborate.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2004, 01:16:00 PM »

That Miamiu is to the left of Nym90 and myself.
I said it, and Miamiu got extremely upset because he said it was not true.
Now, however, Nym90 is backing up my statement, so I now believe that I spoke the truth in the first place.
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2004, 01:18:40 PM »

Now, however, Nym90 is backing up my statement, so I now believe that I spoke the truth in the first place.
I back up your statement as well. Nothing personal here, MiamiU.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2004, 01:22:00 PM »

I back up your statement as well. Nothing personal here, MiamiU.
Yeah, I mean "liberal" is not a bad thing, as much right-wingers try to say it is.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies