AL-SEN: It’s Tuberville
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:57:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AL-SEN: It’s Tuberville
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 29
Poll
Question: Will Doug Jones get a higher or lower vote share than Heidi Heitkamp did in 2018?
Higher

Lower

About the same

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 273

Author Topic: AL-SEN: It’s Tuberville  (Read 56326 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: June 29, 2019, 11:24:12 PM »

How to lose Alabama 101 for dummies, seriously is he even trying anymore?

I'd rather him be a loving father than someone who would pretend to be homophobic for political gain.

I disagree.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #376 on: June 30, 2019, 12:09:04 AM »

I'd rather him be a loving father than someone who would pretend to be homophobic for political gain.

I disagree.
Ugh. Stop. He’s going to lose the state and everybody knows it. Loving his child means more than winning the votes of homophobic right wing bigots.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #377 on: June 30, 2019, 12:10:55 AM »

I disagree.
Ugh. Stop. He’s going to lose the state and everybody knows it. Loving his child means more than winning the votes of homophobic right wing bigots.
And who knows?  That video may help save one gay or trans teen in Alabama.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #378 on: June 30, 2019, 12:12:35 AM »

I disagree.

I mean if he was a Joe Manchin and had Moore as an opinion, he would have a decent shot. He has to do everything he possibly can to maximize his chances of winning, but unfortunately he is not on the same page.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #379 on: June 30, 2019, 12:54:33 AM »

I disagree.

I mean if he was a Joe Manchin and had Moore as an opinion, he would have a decent shot. He has to do everything he possibly can to maximize his chances of winning, but unfortunately he is not on the same page.

If that's the case, then why not just switch his party affiliation to Republican, amirite?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #380 on: June 30, 2019, 02:02:19 AM »

I disagree.

If that's the case, then why not just switch his party affiliation to Republican, amirite?

I thought it was obvious I meant as a democrat dude.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #381 on: June 30, 2019, 02:05:03 AM »

I disagree.

I thought it was obvious I meant as a democrat dude.

r/whoosh
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #382 on: June 30, 2019, 04:45:41 AM »

The benefit Jones gives from loving his son and the positive example he sets is so much more impactful (and the right thing to do) than any bigoted reaction to a tweet he posts over a year before the election.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #383 on: June 30, 2019, 02:36:48 PM »

The benefit Jones gives from loving his son and the positive example he sets is so much more impactful (and the right thing to do) than any bigoted reaction to a tweet he posts over a year before the election.

I disagree.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #384 on: June 30, 2019, 02:38:48 PM »

I disagree.

You're disgusting, in all honesty.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #385 on: June 30, 2019, 03:10:09 PM »

I disagree.

What can I say? Probably. I want our people to do whatever they have to do (as long as it is not violent or illegal or anything like that) to maximize their chances of winning, even if it barely helps at all, and they are severe underdogs, don’t give up the fight until it is completely un-winnable and do whatever you can (besides the above exceptions) to get yourself even the slightest of an advance. And if it means either ignoring or slamming pride month in Alabama (obviously a much better political decision than celebrating it for Christsakes we are talking about Alabama)  I honestly am completely fine with it, so be it. Try your best to appeal to the electorate. I’ll sleep just fine at night. Even if it is not actually his views, lie about it anyways.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #386 on: June 30, 2019, 04:46:50 PM »

I disagree.

What can I say? Probably. I want our people to do whatever they have to do (as long as it is not violent or illegal or anything like that) to maximize their chances of winning, even if it barely helps at all, and they are severe underdogs, don’t give up the fight until it is completely un-winnable and do whatever you can (besides the above exceptions) to get yourself even the slightest of an advance. And if it means either ignoring or slamming pride month in Alabama (obviously a much better political decision than celebrating it for Christsakes we are talking about Alabama)  I honestly am completely fine with it, so be it. Try your best to appeal to the electorate. I’ll sleep just fine at night. Even if it is not actually his views, lie about it anyways.
If we followed this advice, the Civil Rights Act probably wouldn't have passed until the 80s, maybe even 90s.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #387 on: June 30, 2019, 05:01:18 PM »

I disagree.

Yeah, throw out rationality, facts, doing the right thing, for political gain. That's about as low as it gets.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #388 on: June 30, 2019, 05:59:08 PM »

I disagree.

2/10
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #389 on: June 30, 2019, 06:31:54 PM »

I disagree.

Glad to see you're still about as pleasant a human being as the average conservative, Bagel.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #390 on: June 30, 2019, 07:29:33 PM »

I disagree.

If we followed this advice, the Civil Rights Act probably wouldn't have passed until the 80s, maybe even 90s.

You obviously forgot the moral of Spielberg's Lincoln, and don't tell me LBJ didn't step on heads and twist a lot of arms to get the CRA through.

That said, this race isn't one of those cases. Jones is already a dead-man.

America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #391 on: July 01, 2019, 05:02:15 PM »

I disagree.

If we followed this advice, the Civil Rights Acts would have passed with stronger margins as people would have defected from what they ran on with regard to racial issues to the extent where if they gain at least twice as many Black voters from it as they lose hardcore racists, its a gain for them, and it would have been the case for some House members.
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #392 on: July 05, 2019, 12:15:01 PM »

He would be an excellent Attorney General for any Democratic president.

Why? What would he do differently from any other Democratic AG?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #393 on: July 05, 2019, 12:51:28 PM »

Well, I believe the suggestion there was that he'd be a good shoe-in for an incoming Democratic president's AG if he can't get re-elected (as is currently expected).
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #394 on: July 05, 2019, 12:57:03 PM »

Well, I believe the suggestion there was that he'd be a good shoe-in for an incoming Democratic president's AG if he can't get re-elected (as is currently expected).

I know, but they have many options for AG.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #395 on: July 05, 2019, 01:18:30 PM »

He does have that history of working for civil rights that not everyone has.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #396 on: July 06, 2019, 11:32:39 AM »

He does have that history of working for civil rights that not everyone has.
By prosecuting the Birmingham bombings that weren't prosecuted fairly in 37 years.   
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #397 on: July 15, 2019, 12:59:34 PM »

I disagree.

You're ridiculous.  You are probably in favor of the Southern Democrats being racist during the Civil Rights Movement, because it gained them votes.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #398 on: July 16, 2019, 12:47:31 PM »

I disagree.

You're ridiculous.  You are probably in favor of the Southern Democrats being racist during the Civil Rights Movement, because it gained them votes.

I am in favor of optimizing the chances of winning by doing almost whatever it takes (besides like the violent and illegal stuff).
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #399 on: July 17, 2019, 07:57:36 PM »

I disagree.

I am in favor of optimizing the chances of winning by doing almost whatever it takes (besides like the violent and illegal stuff).

Wow, expected you to at least push back on that a little bit.  You would seriously be okay with being racist to maximize votes? 
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies