Atlas Campaign 2032
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:00:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  Atlas Campaign 2032
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18
Author Topic: Atlas Campaign 2032  (Read 63262 times)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2005, 01:50:39 AM »
« edited: May 23, 2005, 01:52:13 AM by bullmoose88 »

(Bullmoose also is running to retain his house seat.)

[While he's at it, Moose is pushing for a balanced budget, and privacy rights...:-p...]
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2005, 05:56:22 AM »

I only joined in June, so if one of the oldtimers could post a simple list of who was active back before then and has since left, that would be appreciated. I know some of them, but not about them. Jvransbo? Christopher Michael? Dunn?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2005, 03:50:37 PM »

Dunn was from Israel, and was awesome.  Liberal, except pretty hawkish on defense.

He was founder of the Old Skool Progressive Party, if that's any help Smiley (Which had me 'n Pete Bell on the right and Migrendel on the left Tongue)
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2005, 04:38:10 PM »

I only joined in June, so if one of the oldtimers could post a simple list of who was active back before then and has since left, that would be appreciated. I know some of them, but not about them. Jvransbo? Christopher Michael? Dunn?

Christopher Michael could be Nym's chief of staff seeing how they were close. Then maybe have a fallout between them and have him run.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2005, 08:29:19 PM »

Dunn was from Israel, and was awesome.  Liberal, except pretty hawkish on defense.

He was founder of the Old Skool Progressive Party, if that's any help Smiley (Which had me 'n Pete Bell on the right and Migrendel on the left Tongue)
Yes, the Progressive Party was relatively broad (though I wouldn't necessarily describe you as being on the right!)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2005, 08:52:40 PM »

CM was fairly moderate, IIRC?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2005, 11:06:29 AM »

Yup.  Imy last communications with him, he expressed that he had decided to vote for Bush, though he was a Democrat.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2005, 03:25:19 PM »

Yup.  Imy last communications with him, he expressed that he had decided to vote for Bush, though he was a Democrat.

Christopher has since converted to born-againism. When I last talked to him, we had a conversation about the evils of Harry Potter.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2005, 06:10:24 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2005, 06:29:50 PM by Akno21 »

It'll be easier with Governors once we pass the 2030 election, so...

Election Night!
By Lauren Chang, CNN.com

WASHINGTON, DC- There were no real surprises this election night, though the Pennsylvania Senate race captured much attention. Expected to lose his re-election bid, Senator Patrick Guinan (D-PA) somehow pulled out what appears to be a victory. Up against two Representatives, Phil Innamorato and Bill Moose, he and Moose were expected to split the vote enough in Southeast Pennsylvania to hand the election to Innamorato.

But it didn't happen. Instead, Guinan recieved higher than expected support from inner-city Philadelphia. He did so well there that it offset losses elsewhere, enough to set the results at

47% Sen. Patrick Guinan (D-PA)
46% Rep. Phil Innamorato (R-PA)
6%   Rep. Bill Moose (I-PA)

Rep. Moose has already conceded, but Rep. Innamoratowants more specific data on inner-city votes, thinking there might be fraud. Sen. Guinan denied such claims, saying, "I'm very proud of the work my GOTV team did, and I can assure you that it was entirely legal and all votes cast are legal."

Rep. Innamorato has said, "While I would like to trust the words of Senator Guinan, I would like more information before I concede defeat." Whatever happens next, it will certainly be interesting.

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2005, 06:13:41 PM »

Guinan recieved higher than expected support from inner-city Philadelphia.

Um, "inner-city Philadelphia" will no longer exist by 2032.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2005, 06:17:11 PM »

You spelled Phil's name wrong again. Tongue
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2005, 06:19:19 PM »

Guinan recieved higher than expected support from inner-city Philadelphia.

Um, "inner-city Philadelphia" will no longer exist by 2032.

Why not?

Palpatine, how is it spelled?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2005, 06:26:31 PM »

Looks good but my last name is spelled "Innamorato."  Smiley

Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2005, 06:30:41 PM »

There was a Guinan for Senate supporter named Girl G. Wild going around Center City, Philadelphia, yelling at people to vote Guinan "or else."  Tongue
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2005, 10:56:30 PM »

There was a Guinan for Senate supporter named Girl G. Wild going around Center City, Philadelphia, yelling at people to vote Guinan "or else."  Tongue

And he was reported to have voted at 5 different polling places.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2005, 11:22:38 PM »

Nov. '03 here, Akno...original senator...Smiley

Take your time, but make sure you get to me Smiley
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2005, 02:44:54 AM »

I'd like t be in this, it seems very interesting.  Wished I'd seen it sooner.
Ben Meyers
BenMeyers
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 5.74

« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2005, 04:20:39 PM »

Very interesting timeline!!! Smiley

VOTE FOR ME FOR FLORIDA GOVERNOR!
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2005, 04:06:20 PM »
« Edited: May 29, 2005, 01:32:55 PM by Akno21 »

Two Candidates Jump In, Innamorato concedes
By David Washington, Washington Post

November 11 was a busy day in American politics, from Iowa to Pennsylvania. First, Iowa Senator Hugh Bartlett announced he would run for President from a back porch in Davenport, Iowa. While not big on party loyalty, he was a Democrat today. Bartlett has gained a reputation as an economic centrist and reformist, while being socially liberal. Since his election to the Senate in 2022, the native-born Australian has switched from being Democrat to Independent, and now back to Democrat, for his run at the Presidency. His entrance drew a swift response from party chairman Jim Fritz. The chairman said, via telephone, “While I like Senator Bartlett, I really do, we need a true democrat to represent us in this crucial election, and that candidate is not Senator Bartlett.”

Bartlett was not the only candidate to enter the race. Recently re-elected Michigan Governor Christopher Michael announced that he would seek the Presidency, saying “We need someone truly from the heartland, someone who can not only say they believe in American values, but can actually live them. I believe in the right to bear arms, the sanctity of marriage, the value of life, and that government cannot get too large. Yet I am still a Democrat, and damn proud of it.” The centrist Michigan Governor was re-elected by a 54-43% margin, but will have trouble in a crowded and liberal Democratic field. “His only hope is to stand out as a centrist, but if another centrist enters the race, he loses his biggest strength,” said CNN political analyst Brit Bloggie. 

In other news, the hotly contested Pennsylvania Senate race is finally over, now that Rep. Phil Innamorato (R-PA) conceded the election to Sen. Patrick Guinan, saying, “While I think that a few car tires have been slashed and my signs were torn down, I am not going to pursue this election any longer.”
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2005, 04:13:25 PM »

Very nice. Keep this up! Smiley

First, Iowa Senator Hugh Bartlett announced he would run for President from a back porch in Davenport, Iowa.

I don't want to challenge Hughie's expertise here, but he may want to leave his porch at some point during the campaign. Cheesy
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2005, 05:09:50 PM »

First, Iowa Senator Hugh Bartlett announced he would run for President from a back porch in Davenport, Iowa.

I don't want to challenge Hughie's expertise here, but he may want to leave his porch at some point during the campaign. Cheesy
AHAHAHAAHAHA!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
That was so funny!!!
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2005, 06:12:29 PM »

AHAHAHAAHAHA!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
That was so funny!!!
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I'm going to pretend that wasn't sarcasm about something that sounded much funnier inside my head. Tongue
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2005, 06:23:44 PM »

In other news, the hotly contested Pennsylvania Senate race is finally over, now that Rep. Phil Innamorato (R-PA) conceded the election to Sen. Patrick Guinan, saying, “While their were independent voter regularities, I did not find anything big enough that would have affected the outcome.”

Um, this is rather far from what would happen in real life. Tongue
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2005, 08:25:14 AM »

Uhm, Akno, I'm kinda fantasy-married to Fritz Smiley But thanks for putting me in there Smiley (I'm also now an Oregonian and if I ran it'd be as an independent, but hey, I got in, so nyeh nyeh na nyeh nyeh Smiley)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2005, 09:12:45 AM »

Uhm, Akno, I'm kinda fantasy-married to Fritz Smiley But thanks for putting me in there Smiley (I'm also now an Oregonian and if I ran it'd be as an independent, but hey, I got in, so nyeh nyeh na nyeh nyeh Smiley)

I know, but it hasn't happened yet in this.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies